Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Re: Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Postby Gunbird » Thu May 12, 2016 3:45 am

Sorry for the late post.)

Even though the dust had cleared, Min couldn't tell if the Sarghress were winning the battle. She told the rest of the SEALs and ERA to move up and support the Legionnaires and Raiders, while she will help move the wounded Emberi to safety inside the SUV. She asked the soldier, "<Can you get up?>"The Emberi faintly replied, "<I-I think so. I don't think they hurt my legs.>" "<That's good to hear. We are going to get you under cover inside this vehicle.>" She then motioned to Jonathan, "<<Joke, help me set this guy in the back seat.>>"

Meanwhile, Dice was catching his breath while taking cover behind the tactical. "<<Holy fuck! That sonofabitch just cleaved that driver's head in two! He almost got me too. I...>>" He shook his head, then spoke to himself, "<<Keep it together, Brian, you're a SEAL for fuck's sake!>>"

Despite the noise of the battle, he could hear someone yelling in Emberi from one of the bunkers,"<No, please! I have a wife and children! AHHHH!!>"

"<<Oh shit! They're executing the prisoners!>>" He loaded a shell into the chamber of his M1014, then put seven more in its magazine. He then told Kenji, Twitch, and an ERA soldier to come with him to clear the building out.

Luckily, the Black Suns were too busy fighting the Sarghress to notice the four men moving towards the prisoners. Out of the corner of his eye, Brian caught a glimpse of the fight between the Black Sun leader, Inynda and Shynt. The burned Drow swung his axe, but failed to break the Raider's spear.

As he entered the bunker, he heard a Drow say, "Ya beas'! 'Ake anodaha s'ep, an' I'll chop anadah..." Before the large woman could say another word, Dice raised and fired his shotgun. The buckshot nearly took half of her head off. A second Drow that was in the room dropped her weapon and raised her hands. "Ah give up! Ah did'n' lay ah fingah on dem, ah swear! Da big bidch was da one who was killin' 'em, no me!" Dice kept his gun pointed at her, not to can chances in case you pulled the past one."<<ON THE GROUND NOW! Kenji, tie her up.>>"

Unknown to them, a Black sun with a crossbow is hiding in the other bunker, waiting for one of the men to walk back out.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu May 12, 2016 6:35 am

Paqu was having fun in the skirmish, counting aloud as he killed black suns. "Three!" A quick stab with his spear went farther than he anticipated with number four, he had to pull it out the other side, "Four!" He'd spot one heading after Teena, "Oh no you don't!" he'd slam his shield into the blacksun's back and rip her tendon with the blade of his spear. "OI SHYNT! We taking prisoners or are not bothering?" He'd stick his spear into the elbow of the blacksun's swordarm.

Kenji would nod to Dice, raising his rifle up to cover as the headed for the bunker. "<<El Tee we are on the move for the bunker.>>" He would scan the treeline as he hustled for the bunker. When Dice breached and took down one hostile Ken kept his rifle pointed at the other as he inched closer to the surrendering Drow, "<<DOWN ON THE FUCKING GROUND!>>" knowing full well his words wouldn't be understood, but his tone would. He would quickly move to the Blacksun and put a boot on her back, forcing her down as he slung his rifle, pulling some zipties from a pouch and looping through the drow's hands, he'd use three to secure the Blacksun's wrists, keying his mic, "<<El Tee, hostages Secure. Unknown number of casualties, one prisoner.>>" He'd look at the survivors in the bunker, using the only bit of Emberi he knew, "<We are United States Navy. We are here to help.>" A phrase he tried to learn in as many languages as he could.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri May 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Teena'los reached the large tree Vila'nel had indicated. "Hmm, I suppose that branch up there would conceal me, and hold my weight no problem," she said to herself as she slung the crossbow on her back and began shinnying up the trunk. She used her mana shield to keep off a column of fire ants on the trunk. Reaching the sturdy branch, she got into position and raised her crossbow up. Stretched across the far-seeing tool was a bright red centipede. "Gross, a tiny Kiri'su!" she blurted, shaking the hundred-legged freak off and watching with satisfaction as it fell to the ground below. She put the eyepiece up to her face and began scanning the battlefield ahead.

Suddenly she heard a rustling noise in the bushes a few yards away. She glanced, and caught sight of Paqu taking out a Black Sun that was pursuing her. She raised a thumb up to him in appreciation, then went back to picking targets. The enemy were either very well hidden, or were already dead, for she could find no trace of anyone to shoot at. Panning over to the left, she saw the two bunkers, one of them still smoking from the hit from the big Halme cannon. Three Halmes and an Emberi were going into the undamaged bunker, and she soon saw a flash through its aperture. That looked like a portable cannon going off, one of the green Halmes must have bagged a Sunny! she thought.

Then, movement within the smoke from the damaged bunker caught her attention. She focused intently upon the bunker aperture. Did one of the friendlies go in there? I didn't see anyone go in...and nobody came out yet, so... As if to clarify, she could now make out the distinct form of a Siyah'khorshed sniper, holding a crossbow out the aperture towards the other bunker! Sharess, that bitch must have been hiding in there...I don't think the goblins even know she's there, they walked right past that building. She's trying to ambush them when they come out...not on my watch, you motherkiller!

She looked at the wisps of smoke to determine crosswinds, adjusted her aim, held her breath, and let fly with a *CLACK*. The Black Sun didn't seem to hear the incoming projectile as it hit her squarely on her ear. The sniper dropped the crossbow out the aperture as she fell in and did not reappear. Bagged that sucker!, she thought, reloading for another shot. She scanned left and right to ensure there weren't more enemies lurking about.

She continued panning, looking for enemies. A guard tower came into view, so she scanned upwards. Just as the view reached its platform, she saw it. Another Siyah'khorshed sniper was looking right at her. "Oh shit!" she exclaimed, as she saw the bow arms flick, a bolt growing larger in her far-seeing tool. She aimed for the face of the enemy sniper, and fired.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the (Mist) Sea
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Metzger » Thu May 19, 2016 5:12 am

<< Aye-aye, Lieutenant.>>Jonathan half-shouted over the noise of fighting. He discarded his nitrile gloves and packed up his medical tools, he reached the SUV after a quick run while keeping his head down. << Easy now, Just gonna put you down.. there. >> Jonathan said while opening the door, and placing the soldier on his stomach.
He looked towards the base and saw that the battle was still raging. Oh man. We're going to need to call a medevac asap if anyone else gets hurt.
He thought before seeing a figure in one of the guard towers.
It took him a few seconds to notice that it was another Black sun, who just fired his crossbow. Joke pressed his throat mic, then yelled <<I see a tango in the watchtower! 100 meters at 2 o'clock!>> He and grabbed his mk 18, aimed at the sniper, flicked the safety to semiauto then started shooting at him.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Gunbird » Thu May 26, 2016 1:31 am

Twitch and the ERA soldier rendered aid to the former hostages, quickly interviewing them to find out what happened. While Kenji securely tied up the surviving Black Sun, Brian turned toward to check if no one followed them. He was about to poke his head out, when a wet crack coming form the other bunker.

He lifted lifted his M1014 leaned a bit to see a crumpled female Black Sun, eyes open, visibly dead. A crossbow bolt had entered the left side of her head at the ear, and was sticking out of both sides of her skull like a comedian's prop. He quickly looked around, but could not see his benefactor. "<<Who the hell made that shot?>>"

Meanwhile on the road the Min and the other SEALs were engaging the sniper in the grad tower. Unfortunately, the sandbags prevented any of the round form hitting him. "<< Take cover, I'm going to lob a grenade at him, >>" she said as she flipped up the sights on her M203 and chambered a 40mm HE round, and took aim. "<< FIRE IN THE HOLE! >>" As she pulled the trigger, the grenade left the barrel with a THUMP. A second later, the top of the guard tower disintegrated in a great explosion. Min then press her mic <<Tango down. Move up.>>

Back at the base, there are only a few Black-suns that were still fighting. Shynt and Inynda were fully engaged in a melee with the big Black Sun leader. The burned Siyah'khorshed had tried hacking Shynt's spear in two with his huge axe, but the Sarghress leader managed to parry the shaft. He riposted and stabbed at the enemy, but the Black Sun smacked his spear aside with the flat of his axehead.

Inynda leaped towards the BS leader's unengaged side, trying for a backstab, but he raised a palm at her without even turning his head, and gave her a face full of air affinity, causing her to tumble backwards."Nah ah ahh, li'l Sa'gh'ess bitch...t'y again...t'y ha'dah!" he mocked, not taking his eyes off of Shynt. He gripped his tremendous axe with both hands and raised it again for another log-splitting swing.

But it was enough of a distraction. Shynt stabbed at the Siyah'khorshed's knee, but the quick enemy half-stepped back. The spear still struck his foot, drawing blood. Shynt sidestepped the massive axe, which landed on the forest floor with a thud.

"G'aah, muthe'killin' Sa'gh, I chop yoh up an' feed ye pa'ts to ma t'oops!" bellowed the Black Sun, his eyes ablaze with fury. He swung his battleaxe sideways in an attempt to catch Shynt off guard.

But the Sarghress leader was also quick, raising his spear up vertically with both hands. Again, he parried the axe blow. But this time, his hands and spear glowed with wood affinity, and the spear flexed, then wrapped around the shaft of the Siyah'khorshed's axe like a pretzel, entangling the weapons. "Gotcha," he said, fixing the battleaxe fast.

The enraged enemy laughed. "Foo'! Now yoh canna' attack me, whe'eas I..." He took one hand off of the axe shaft, and aimed a palm at Shynt's face, point blank.

But he would never get off another blast of air. His full concentration on the male Drow in front of him, the Black Sun leader had lost track of where the other opponent had gone. He felt something, the rush of wind as something came towards him. He turned just in time to see a dagger embed into the side of his neck.

"You...are dead man." She jerked both daggers to sever his carotids, then yanked them out of his neck.
The Siyah'khorshed leader twitched, his eyes bugged in surprise. He fell to his knees, blood gushing like a fountain, and spoke his last words, "Fuck yoh Snadhya'run! Yoh sed-" *cough* "id was goin' ta be" *err* "an easy jub." With that, he dropped like a sack of Beld potatoes onto the ground, dead.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu May 26, 2016 3:56 am

Han would finish zip tying the Blacksun and unslung his rifle. He'd look out the fire port of the bunker just to see a dead sniper, Holy shit, "<<Thank you.>" he said out loud to no one in particular just before another tower blew up. He'd key his mic, "<<Nice shot El Tee. Everything's secure here, one hostile taken prisoner.>>" He'd resume looking out the firing port for any targets he could find.
Paqu would finish off the writhing blacksun under his boot having not gotten an answer about prisoners. Rushing to rejoin the others in combat, seeing the blacksun leader fall just in time to catch up with the others. He'd bash another blacksun trying to flee with the bottom of his shield, stabbing her in the knee and stepping on the other. "What's all this about Snadhya'run now?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun May 29, 2016 8:02 pm

(edited for consistency)

Teena'los rolled out of the way of the incoming Black Sun projectile, the bolt ricocheting off of her armor bits she tied to her backpack with a *TINK*.
She quickly settled back down onto the branch, and looked through her far-seeing tool and realized the Black Sun sniper had ducked as she saw her bolt careen off of the far side of the sandbag parapet. She could hear a portable cannon firing back towards the road, and saw dust rising from the sandbags. There was a weird *THUMP* sound, and suddenly the entire top of the guard tower blew up with a *BANG!* "Sharess...it must have been the green guys! YEAH GREEN GUYS, I LOVE YOU! FUCK YOU SUNNY BASTARD!" she shouted, shaking a fist at the destroyed guard tower.
Last edited by Basileus_Ioannis on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:50 pm

<<Nice Shot! Lieutenant>>Jonathan said after Min took out the tower. He then looked back at the base and saw that the battle was over, with the Raiders as the victors. He went back in the SUV, then started to talk to. Min.

<<Lieutenant,We need to call in a medevac. It possible that the hostages are badly injured like our friend in the in the back seat. And it looks like some of those elves need some medical care too.>>
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 pm

(It been more then 2 weeks since my turn went up do to brain farting and RL stuff. This going to be a long one too.Again sorry for the inconvenience.)

Min heard Kenji's radio message, and pressed her throat mike. "<< Roger that, Kenji, bring the hostages out side, over. >>" She turned to Jonathan, "<< I agree, Joke, let's get the wounded out of here. We'll need to take a head count, set up a collection point here by the SUV, the parking space would be a good place for the helos to land. Mike, as soon as we have a tally, radio HQ for medevac, tell them we'll need multiple Seahawks or a CH-53 to evacuate them. >>"

At the bunker, Brian looked around, and he saw with some satisfaction that Shynt and Inynda were carrying the dead Black Sun leader back towards the vehicles. "<< Good job, guys, you bagged that sonofabitch! >>" Shynt stared at Dice for a moment, until he understood the euphemism and nodded with a smile. "<< Yes, we 'bagged' the motherkiller, as we Drow say. >>" "<< Mother-killer, Huh? >>" Brian said before he mead slight chuckled .

Suddenly he was distracted by something in the corner of his vision. He turned, and saw that a few meters away, Paqu was beating the snot out of an enemy prisoner of war. "<< Hey, what the hell are you doing?! >>" he shouted at the Raider, and ran to intervene. Inserting himself between the Sarghress and the Black Sun, he said to the Ssu, "<< Back off! You hear me?! The fight's over! >>"

Shynt came up and translated, "He's telling you to back down, Paqu, so do so. We need to know what Snadhya'rune is doing here, and your finishing off every Black Sun isn't going to help."

The SEALs soon after brought the two Siyah'khorsheds to Min and Shynt. They interrogating them about there canton with Snadhya'rune.

The smaller Sunnie was the first speek up "She 'old us dat dis for'ress was weakuned."

The bigger one then spoke out "An she was righ'. Her dahrec'shuns 'o da sleepin' quadahs were correc' 'o. All bud ah feu of dem goblins had no weapons. Id was as easy as s'ealing cake from a..."Noticing the Shynt narrowing his eyes at her, the she raised an eyebrow and asked,"Why you givin' dat look?" He then pointed at her and said, "If any of these helms understood what you just said, they will probably give you more then just glaring stares. Do you understand?"

The smaller Black Sun looked nervously at the m4 Min was holding , and sammered "Y-yes w-we undahs'and." Shynt continued "Good. Now tell me how she know all of this. Did she had a agent in side the Emberi ranks?"

The small one answered him"Ah dink Snadhya sed dat she convince some goblins from a rivol clan 'o help us. Ah didn' see dem yed, bud dey mus been sabo'agin' yer friends in some way."

Shynt translated for Min, who said, "<< Humans of a rival clan? Does she mean these "Ultranationalists"? >>"

Before the lieutenant could answer him, the big one spoke out"Ah could be wrong, bud ah dink ah overhear da boss mumbling bout how dis raid was a dis'raction for her 'o nab a Jaal'darya."

A Toyota pickup came down the dusty dirt road and stopped near the SUVs. Major Thanh got out and approached Min, who saluted him, which was returned. Shaking her hand as he was filled in on what happened, the major received the news with a look of concern. The lieutenant asked him, "< The bad guys we tied up mentioned that the fortress was weakened. Can you tell me what happened just before their attack? >" "< I had requested ammunition resupply...some AT mines, M3 recoilless rifles* and rounds for the M40 to defend against the Ultranationalists' tanks. Unfortunately they were delivered to a base 200 km away from here, we got nothing. >" "< So you were expecting an Ultranationalist attack? But your anti-armor ammunition was diverted? >" "< Before our radio broke, ERA HQ informed me that someone hacked their computers and altered the shipment logs. >" "< So it was a deliberate misdirection, sabotaging your ability to defend against enemy armor. >"

Shynt listened intently to the exchange, and said, "< Who are these Ultranationalists, and what are 'tanks'? >"

……….

* The M3 is a variant of the Carl Gustav recoilless rifle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gust ... e#M3_MAAWS
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:32 am

"<<Roger El Tee.>>" Kenji would look around, "<<Come with us, we'll get you medical attention.>>" He'd take his knee off the back of the prisoner, "<<And you get up.>>" slinging his rifle he had his pistol's barrel buried in the Blacksun's spine, "<<Walk!>>"

Paqu would start to twist the Blacksun's leg, "This can end quickly or go on for a while. Depends on what you have to say." He ingored the shouting, figuring it wasn't directed at him until the soldier got between him and the prisoner he took. "Oi oi okay little one, no need for a ruckus." He'd look for Shynt to try and figure out what the human wanted before he got told off. "I asked what our prisoner policy was and I didn't get an answer." He'd walk away, hooking the shaft of his spear into a holder on his back. He'd sit on an empty fuel drum and take his helmet off. "If ya need help 'questioning' them let me know. Don't have my kit with me but I'm sure I can improvise." Kenji would come up with the wounded and his prisoner in tow.

Paqu was eating a ration as Ken listened in on the interrogation, as much as he could anyway. "<<I understood part of that El Tee, we expecting hostile armor?>>"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:20 pm

The sounds of battle had ended, and with no targets left to see, Teena'los dropped down from the tree to rejoin the Highland Raiders. She didn't have far to go to find some Legionnaires and Raiders picking over dead Black Suns. They were collecting their weapons and gear in piles, and lining up the bodies in rows. She recognized a familiar face among the Legionnaires. "Hey Vila'nel!"

The black-clad commando stood up, wiping her hands. "Good, you survived," she said flatly.

"Yeah, thanks for directing me to that tree, I took out one Black Sun sniper in a bunker, about to ambush some green guys."

Vila'nel pointed at one of the bodies. It still had Teena'los' crossbow bolt stuck through its head. "You got that one? Nice shooting."

"Thanks, I was going for a second one in a watch tower, but missed. Then the tower blew up, I guess the green guys got him."

"It was the goblins' leader, her weapon throws explosives. Come on, let's go see what Shynt wants us to do now." The pair walked off towards where the leaders were interrogating the prisoners near the small wheeled golem.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:16 pm

<<L.T. I'm heading to the bunker to see if hostages there need any medical aid, hopefully they only need some food and water>>Jonathan said Min before he got out of the vehicle.
He walked past the wrecked truck and saw the dead soldier laying on the ground. Poor bastard. Jonathan muttered to himself, weapon still ready in case of any ambushes. <<Hey, I'm heading to the hostages right now, just so you know.>> Jonathan said over the radio while he walked.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:02 am

(Im sorry to say this, but Im canceling this RP.

Do to a mix of bad planing and training for a new, I found it hard to post anything with out a lot if help. The plot holes didn't too much ether.

Hopeful my next will be more fun. Thank you for playing.)
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:27 am

(It's been a real pleasure, guys...my first RP on this server. I think we kicked some ass, and I had fun role-playing my RH character, Teena'los. If the next RP is human only, expect to see a female sharpshooter named Tina Lowes or something *wee* Thank you Gunbird, and see you all around, brothers in arms!)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:02 pm

(that too bad, but It's understandable, work comes first.. It's been a good run, despite my own failure to post on time, sorry for that.)
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Game Tavern