Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Re: Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:09 am

"Oh hel yes, it's about time!" exclaimed Teena'los in relief. She stood up and waved at Shynt, then waved an arm at the Raiders, "Let's move out!" Uncocking her crossbow and slinging it over her shoulder, she led the way as twenty five grumbling drow in brown Highland Raiders armor formed a column behind her.

"Who dafuk left her in charge?" growled one young female Raider, looking daggers at Teena'los, who obliviously tramped down the slope. "Bossy bitch."

Three other Raiders, slightly older and more veteran, replied in unison, "Shynt, now shut up noob."

A few yards downhill, Teena'los was cheerfully making her way when suddenly black shapes rose from among the reeds, causing her to slip on the wet soil and land on her ass. Realizing who they were, she cried, "SHARESS H. VAL'SHAREN, Vila'nel, you scared the crap out of me!"

The Legionnaire looked down at her with a hint of disdain, "If I was a Siyah'korshed, you'd be dead. Get up, soldier, you're making us look bad."

With a mumbled "Screw you and your Fallen ass," an embarrassed Teena'los got up, wiping mud off her bottom. Soon the platoon had reached the village.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Hermionne? Doesn't she hang out with that Potter kid?
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Metzger » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 am

((sorry for the long wait, but despite trying my best I couldn't figure out what to write, I'm skipping this turn))
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Gunbird » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:35 pm

(I said earlier in the game that there was 30 or so Raiders. )

The LT. answered Kenji's question "<<It seems that he trying to size you up. >>" She then ask if Shynt if he can order the big guy to stop his shenanigans. He nodded at the lieutenant"<<I gladly will.>>He then yelled at Paqu "Hay! You want those Halmes to use those weapons on you?! Knock it off!>>"

As the Raiders started sending down the hill, Min saw was about platoon of them. She wander if they were really capable in defeating the large group of savages that were at the base. She spoke to Shynt again."<<You might be lucky that we drooped a bomb on you rivals.>>" <<You'er probably right.Me and most of my Raiders have experience fighting the Siyah'khorshed, but others->>" he and Min both looked up when they heard Teena'los yelling at the legionnaires."<<-Are less experience in fighting in general. Or have lack of situational awareness like our sniper right there. How many do you went up against? >>" Dice answered him"<< About a hundred of them, maybe more. To be honest if we didn't have the air support, we would probably been overrun by them.>>"

Min turned around to see Paqu was mere feet away from her band was trying to speak in emberi. "<<What's wrong with him now? He's looking at me like a kid who found a puppy.>>" "<<Sorry, You just look like another emberi woman he used have as a friend. >>"

Her eyes went wide."<<Wait are you say that your kind have interacted locals before?>>" She closed her eyes and shook her head. As much she wanted to know more about these elves, she understood that she and her men were on a mission."<<Nevermind, will talk about this later. We need to recapture that based and see if there any survivors in there.>>" She turned to the radioman."<< Mike tell command to send in B squad to help us recapture the base .>>" "<< Aye aye LT.>>"

She then talked to the Major. "<<I know your men went to hell can you spare any of them?>>" " Yes I you can take 5 of moment with you. The others ran out of ammo during the attack. The truck with the .50 Cal only has 150 rounds and it and the one with the M40 has two HEP-T's and 3 HE's>>" "<< Thank you Major Lets hope that bomb took most of the bastards out.>>" She then turned to Shynt."<<I guess you want to help out too?>>" "<<Yes, if it's possible. I'm no glory seeker but but am interested in how you fight .>>" "<<That's good to hear but->>" she looked towards the ERA trucks."<<- we might only have room for 5 or 6 to take in the vehicles. I advised you to recruit only the most experienced fighters you have. >>" "<< Why only a small group? The rest of the Raiders can follow your machines by foot.>>" He then looked at the trucks and pondered for a moment."<<How fast can those things go?>>" With a blank expression Min answered his question."<< Faster then most things with legs.>>
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:25 am

Paqu would sigh at the lack of response from Min. "Aye lad. No harm in it." he'd back away from Min and go back to being alone, examining their gear from afar. He'd turn to the group, "OI! Look alive damnit! We've got hostile Black Suns in the area. I hear you bellyaching about the chain of command and you'll all be bathing and deticking wolves when we get back underground!". Kenji would watch as he listened to the situation. "<<Don't have to speak their language to know what he said. Guy acts like my dad, the Marines might want to recruit him.>>" He'd turn to Min, "<<One can of .50, 5 rockets, and enough room for 6 of the Elves? Should we fix bayonets?>>" He would say sarcastically. He'd look at Shynt a moment, "<<We found a man in the jungle. He was burned here.>>" he'd gesture to his chest, "<<But look like he took a punch to the chest. Do you have any weapons that can do that? It would help.>>"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:10 am

Reaching the village and leading the column of Raiders to the rest of the unit, Teena'los straightened at the veteran Ssu's admonishment. "Sorry, Paqu, I'll keep my eyes open. Almost ran into a freakin' cactuar all dressed in black, is all..." She glared out of the corner of her eye at the Legionnaires casually walking up to rejoin Inynda. That was when she suddenly realized that she was surrounded by Halmes, the healthy tan colored ones on one side, the strangely green skinned ones on the other. She began perspiring a bit more. Whoa...Sharess...the green goblins are almost my height...ah, might be impolite to stare...I should ask Paqu...wait, he looks busy...maybe Al'hari or Idra'nel... To no one in particular, she asked out loud, "So...anyone know if that's green paint on their faces, or are they green-skinned goblins?" Seeing that Jonathan was closest to her, she waved to get his attention, pointed a finger at her own face, then pantomimed using a paint brush on the palm of her other hand, then held out both hands palms up in the universal gesture for "wussup widdat"
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:43 am

Jonathan had been slightly startled when the sniper he observed earlier walked up to him.
He noticed that she was twitching a bit. It looked like she was nervous being in the middle of a crowd of strangers.
As Teena'los started to point and gesture , Jonathan got slightly confused, Do i have bug on me or something? he thought as he scratch his jaw and smiled at her exaggerated pointing and gestures.
When he saw some of his face paint had managed to smudge onto his finger he got an idea, Maybe it's the face paint she is curious about Jonathan thought, and reached for one of his pockets were he knew he had some camo face paint.
He gave Teena'los the tube and tried to instructed her what to do with the paint, with exaggerated gestures, but it looked to him like she didn't quite understand him.
After a frustrated sigh, he looked at Teena'los <<do you speak English?>> Jonathan finally asked, desperately searching for anymore ways to explain the meaning of his camouflage.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:49 am

Shynt tried his best to to answer Kenji "<<It's hard to explain. It sounds like he got killed not by a weapon but a essence. We call it mana, most drow can use in many different ways, such a shielding or as a projectile.>>" Brian spoke out.<< So what you'er saying that poor S.O.B. got hit by a magic missiles?>>" "<<Is that what your kind call them?>>" Dice scared his face. "<<Not really. It just a spell that can be used in tabletop game.>>" Shynt blinked a few times wondering what a "tabletop game" is.

He then answered Teena'los question about the green paint." I think there wearing paint to blend into the surrounding forest. It's called camouflage and I used it a lot when I worked as a scout in the Raiders. Not a lot allot of use for it back home, but I wish had some on us now since we are up above."

After he answered their questions, the radioman called out for Min ."<< LT, I got some bad news. Command sent the rest of the team to a river island 40 klicks north east from here. Sounds like a big fire fight happened over there and Iklwa International might be involved in it.>>" Shynt wonder about the name. "<< I heard that a Lkiwa is some sort of spear, but I don't know what international means. Are they mercenary group?>>"
Brian answered his question "<Oh, they definitely are! But some politically correct businessman will call them " private military contractors". Those mother fuckers are a complete waste of taxpayers money and are making our job a lot harder to achieve. Hell, Kenji almost got shot by->>" Min cut him off."<< Dice, we went over this before. I don't like them either, but ranting about them is not going to make the situation any better. Do I make myself clear ?>>" Brina look down at the ground frowning. But then he looked back up at the lieutenant." <<Yes LT, I'll keep my political opinions to myself for the rest of the mission.>>"

After setting Brian strait, Min stared down road leading to the base.<< Looks like were taking all of Shynts bodies after all.>>" She mutterer."<< And by foot too.>>" The Major mange to hear her and called out."<<Wait a minute, lieutenant. One of the villagers owns a cargo truck. You can use it take Shynt's solders with you.>>"He pointed at a old Zil-131 that was next to a bran house. It looked like it seen better days , but the base was was just a kilometer away, so it likely that it would hold up. She thanked Thanh , then gave out her orders. "<< Dice, you take the .50 cal. Kenji, Twitch you'er on the M40. Two of the Major's men will drive those tackles. Jeff, Bore,Joke, you go in SUV in the back. Shynt order you men it get on the back of that transport. You, your ninja friend, and Mike are coming with me.>>"
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:49 am

"Dunno, they're kinda scrawny for Kotorcs. Probably just paint." Paqu would move closer to Teena, lowering his voice, "Yer not the one I was yelling at Lass. Take it from me, ya need to put yer foot down with this lot whenever your in command or things will break down quick. You won't make any friends like that, but there's a better chance of you bringing em home alive." He'd look back at the goblins and Shynt, "Makes sense. I probably stick out like a sore thumb up here." He'd pause, "Looks like something's up, far as I can figure that one's the leader. Barks orders like one anyway."

Kenji would take off his bucket hat to scratch his head, "<<Lkiwa? Maybe we'll get those fuckers labeled as terrorists finally and get their funding cut.>>" He'd put his hat back on, heading for the recoilless rifle, "<<Alright, you load I aim. Things are starting to look up, I guess.>>"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Teena'los watched in rapt fascination as Jonathan made gestures, more impressed that they were communicating, or at least trying to, than understanding. As the green Halme seemed to be getting frustrated with her lack of comprehension, Paqu's comment and Shynt's explanation shed light on the situation. "Oh, so it is paint! To blend in...I see, thanks Shynt, Paqu!" She was intrigued. Camoo...wut...I'll have to ask him to tell me more, later. She returned the face paint to Jonathan, and gave a broad toothy grin of appreciation.

She then perked up as the veteran Ssu had more words with her. Understanding his explanation about leadership, she whispered back, "Gotcha...discipline, to keep people alive, I understand. Thanks, Paqu, I'll be sure to keep that in mind!" She looked towards Vila'nel, and gained a little more respect for the Legionnaire.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Somehow It seemed to Jonathan that Teena'los actually had understood him as she gave back the facepaint with a smile, Jonathan nodded a thanks to her as he accepted back the tube of paint.
After that he turned his attention back to the rest of the squad, Iklwa, those assholes!? Jonathan thought as he listened to what the other was talking about.

<<Yes, Lieutenant. >> Jonathan said to Min before they all started to walk towards their vehicles.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:31 am

Min climbed in the driver side while the radioman that in the passenger side. Shynt and Inynda went to the back seat. Dice jumped jumped on the back on pickup and check the M2.

When the engines started up, some of the drow got startled. One of them even tried to jump out of the truck yelling "Oh Sharess tits!! This machine is going to kill us all!!" Luckily, the Raiders next to her kept her from bailing out.

Thanh gave the radio codes to Min, then saluted her. "< Good luck and Godspeed.>" She saluted back to him before driving off.

(Time skip)………………

The convoy was about 400 or so meters from the base when Brian saw something in the distance caught Brian's eye
"<<What the hell?>>"He banged his hand on the roof of the pickup and spoke two of a few words he knew in Eimberi "<Stop now!!>".He looked through his binoculars and saw stone structure in the middle of the base. He then herd Min over the radio."<<Why did we stopped,Dice? Did you see more tangos?>>" "<< No, LT, but I see what looks like two bunkers inside the base. Did any Intel show these fortifications? I don't see a them last time we were here.>>" "<<There's nothing showing on satellite imaging or floor plans of the was any. Looks like our friends built them and they did it in hours. >>" She then looked at Shynt "<<Is it possible for your foes to build those fortifications in a short time?>>" "<< If they enough members who know Earth sorcery, they can build them up in minutes.>>The lieutenant put his hand in her face."<<Great, a bunch assholes that can make buildings with magic.>>

She thought for a minute before giving out our orders. <<Twhich, Kebji, move next to Dice and load a HE round in the M40. I want the rest of the convoy to back up so no one gets caught in the back-blast.*>>She reversed the SUV back to a safe distance and saw the truck with the recoilless rifle get into position. <<All right, take out the one on right then the one on the left. Fire when- >>"

"<Wait wait!!>"She look toward were the shouting was coming from and saw shirtless man running out of the jungle. Lesions were on his shoulders and chest. It look like someone flogged him with a whip several or more times. He was waving his arms in a panicked mater saying "<Don't shoot the one on the left! There's prisoners in there!>"

(*Trust me you don't want to be behind a weapon like this when it fires. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Rifle.jpg)
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:04 am

Paqu got in the back of the truck when instructed, putting all his armor back on before it got started. "Huh...be my first time riding a golem into battle. Never thought my first would be on a Goblin Golem." He'd let out a laugh, "Think I'd prefer my wolf though. OI! Shynt! Ask em if we can trade for this thing. Would be a nice little prize to bring home along with some Black Sun ears." Kenji had climbed into the pickup with the M40, knocking the roof when he was in. He would key his radio, "<<Real glad my dad can't see me right now. Mostly so I wouldn't get some lecture bout how the Marines would have taken that airbase already with half the equipment we have now, or the fact that we're riding into battle with no longer fictional creatures.>>"

Ken was seated and was already working the controls of the gun, "<<Aye Ma'am.>>" He'd adjust the gun for the bunker. "Bloody Hel, this is gonna be loud." Paqu would cover his ears as the survivor came up and started shouting. "<<Taking out the Right bunker.>>" He would fire off the tracer and watch it impact, Paqu raised an eyebrow, "Was that it? Wasn't as ba-" He was lucky his ears were still covered when he fired off the main gun, blowing a nice hole in the bunker. "SHEIT! These Goblins sure know how to make noise!"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:23 am

Teena'los clambered aboard one of the golem wagons as directed. Huh...it's painted metal back here, but these benches appear to be wood... Then the golem let out a loud snarl, and an overpowering, unfamiliar stench of smelly smoke wafted into the cargo bed. Bleah...what a stink! How do those goblins ride in these things?

The noise and stench of the golem may have proved too much for the young newbie Raider that had complained about Teena’los. As the rookie stood up and wailed, trying to clamber out, one of the more veteran Sarghress warriors elbowed her in the ribs and growled, "Siddown and shaddap, you!" The rookie curled up from the blow and sat back down in silence as the golem lurched forwards.

The golem had been bouncing along for some time, with groans and squeaks, when suddenly there was a metallic squeal and the ride came to a jarring halt. Up ahead, Teena’los saw one of the smaller golems with the long cannon on it crawl up on top of a low rise, while the other golem carrying Shynt crawled backwards away from it. Well, something’s going on up there. Wonder if they’re gonna use that big cannon on something?

A pop sound was heard from the top of the slope, followed soon after by a tremendous *CRACK!* and a big puff of smoke, followed by the rumble of a more distant explosion. "Sharess' tits, that’s loud!" she shouted, as other Raiders let out hoots and shouts of approval. The fight had begun!
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Jonathan laughed when he saw how the elves panicked at the truck starting. It was like seeing a bunch of sleeping cat being suprised by fireworks.

Even though the base wasn't too far away, the poor condition of the Emberi road made the trip a bit longer. Luckily, Jonathan didn't feel woozy, just tired. His eyes started to close.
He woke up with a jolt when he felt how the SUV went into reverse. He then realize that he had somehow managed to fall asleep despite the short drive. Even if it had only been for half a minute, it wasn't acceptable. What is wrong with me, I need to stay focused! he thought.

Jonathan then heard the Lieutenant order for Kenji and Twitch to shoot at some bunker, Since he was in the back seat, it was hard to see them.
The M40 went off <<Shit! My ears!!>> Jonathan shouted as he could only hear a faint ringing sound in his ears after the shot.
After the ringing mostly subsided, he heard the elves cheering enthusiastically. He then turned his head and took a look around, he saw a half naked figure slumped over at the Mins SUV. <<<< Looks like that one is cut up pretty badly. I'll patch him up right away, before he bleeds out.>> Jonathan said loudly as he exited the vehicle.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm

(Sorry for the late post. Had a hard time figuring out what to write…… Again.)

<<"Hold fire! Hold fire!>>"Min yelled into her mike."<< There's prisoners in the left bunker!">> She then got out of the SUV and tried to keep the wounded escapee from falling out of consciousness. <<Joke, get over here! This man losing a lot of blood and needs to be patched up, Now!.>>

Brian didn't dare look back where the lieutenant was. He kept the 50 Cal pointing at the bunker, waiting for someone to jump out of the newly made,man an size entrance. But but after a minute or so of waiting, no Black-sun appeared. He kept his eyes on the bunker while speaking to Kenji and Twitch"<<Either that HE round did more damage inside than out, or our little mary group of marauders ran away.>>"

Inynda, who was silent throughout the trip, spoke to Shynt. "Tell your goblin friend that I'm taking my legionnaires to the left side of this fortress. We'er going to see if those mother killers are setting a ambush." Not waiting for Shynt to reply, she got out of the vehicle and ordered her comrades to follow her into the jungle. Min manage to catch a glimpse of them moving out."<<Were the hell is she going?!>>" "<< She said she's going to check if there's any enemies in hiding in the forest. They will make a signal if the coast is clear. >>" The lieutenant put her hand in her face.<< Let's just great. I love it when people get ahead of us without orders. What signal are you talking about? >>." *Sigh* "<< Nevermind, I will inform my men.>>" She then pressed on her throat like."<<Dice, Shynt's ninja friends thought it was a good idea to run ahead of us . They will be coming from the left side, so check your fire. >>"

"<<Roger that. Should we move forward?>>" "<<Negative, stay put. Shynt said that they will make a signal if the flank is clear.>>" "<<Understood LT. Standing by for the signal.>>"
Gunbird
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern