Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

LUX - an immigration ship into unknown

Re: LUX - an immigration ship into unknown

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Miric looked around the room without sitting up, starting to get nervous as he looked at all the equipment, trying to keep on eye on what Zala was doing, "Hey uh...your just gonna be doing some tests and shit right?
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 pm

"Hmm? Oh yes, just some tests. Most medical staff would kill me if I started doing some treatments or experiments on you here."

Then, Zala turned back around to Miric, holding a device in his hand that looked like a drug ejection pistol.
He was surprisingly smiling openly with it.
"At least, they'd do that if I didn't first examine and write down all the stuff."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Miric tried to keep calm, but the worry was plainly visible on his face. He stared at the injector and reluctantly pulled his arm out of his jacket sleeve, "If I wake up and I'm missing something I need or I'm in a jar. I'm gonna be pissed Doc." He rolled up the sleeve of his T-shirt to expose his bicept, unintentionally exposing a few scars on his upper arm. Further examination would show it was a form of tattoo forming a passage from an old holy text.

I am the Shield where there is none, the Sword where there is Injustice.

There will be naught but destruction where my Blade lands.

Paradise will flourish in my Shade.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Zala gave a quick look at the tattoo, and a silent "click" formed himself that his eye had succeeded in taking the picture. He'd need to look it up later.

"I'm pretty sure jars are way too old-school for me. Granted, I do enjoy old paper-back mystery and horror books, but-"
Without even really looking at Miric's arm, Zala pressed the pistol's head to it and pulled trigger. A little needle picked at Miric's skin, and then retracted back in.
"-I've never seen the gold in old-time 'mad scientist' look. And people think I made these things to myself just for such thing. Can you imagine how annoying that sometimes gets?"

While talking, Zala lifted the pistol up and read the results it had collected. One good thing about LUX was that they used top-grade equipment like this. Blood samples took only seconds to make clear of.

"On other note, I recommend you to lay down while I go pick up whiskey for you."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Miric rubbed his arm, "Yeah Doc I can, had a buddy who went full implants to increase her reaction time and boost her Sync levels, which were pretty damn high to being with. People asked why we all didn't do that. Got the answer when she came back early from her first Home Leave after the implants in tears. Her parents were real heavy anti Mechanization, didn't even let her into the house when she showed up." He took his jacket off completely and hung it on the corner of the bed before laying back down, "Don't mind if I do Doc, though aint that a bit counter productive? Or is this one of thous mind games where I get a shock every time I drink?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 pm

"Nah, it's to keep you drunk. Natural drunk. You see-"
Zala was already looking through the cabinets. They were on level twelve, so that one guy's stash should be around...
"-person's liver is a very interesting thing. It breaks out the least lethal substances- in this case alcohol -first, from keeping itself go boom. So, if we just keep some natural alcohol in your bloodstream on a steady pace, your liver will be way too occupied with it so it won't be able to touch the more dangerous overdoze chemicals."

Zala came up to Miric with a drinking glass and a bottle of whiskey, pouring him a glassful and handing it over.

"So, in short terms, keep on taking little sips steadily while I get you some water to drink, and we should be okay."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Miric sat up slightly and took the glass, sipping on it, "Makes sense I guess." He cringed as he kept sipping, "I've had better, then again I've had worse." He laid back a bit more and relaxed as he took more small sips, he glanced at the label on the bottle, "Someone needs to have a chat with your supplier, cause this ain't single barrel." He sniffed the glass a moment, "Doesn't quite smell like rye either, lying bastards..." More sips, "So where exactly is this tub heading? I mean 'into the unknown' sounds nice on a recruitment pamphlet or advertisement, but nobody who's got this much money is gonna spend this much money on a shot in the dark. And what can a 'War Criminal' Mech Jockey like me do to help? Got on as a heavy load lift operator, but apparently you don't need two load lifters when you're not in port and the other guy was Somebody's son."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:08 am

"Well, if I'd want to be really good salesman, I'd answer 'to the adventures and romance of anthrokind', but sadly I'm a bad salesman. What I can say is, however, that we're heading to hope. Hope of finding more places to live, since, well, Indux galaxy is getting quite crammed already. Out of a million planets, you're lucky to find one where people can live easily."

Zala himself lifted bottle over his mouth and allowed some of the drink to just fall into his open jaws.

"Mgh- you're right, this buddy's stash isn't that great at all. Wonder how he keeps on drinking this stuff. Anyway, for why you are here, well... You're extra muscle, a research subject and possible immigrant in case we find a planet to settle down."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 pm

"It's not that it sucks. Somebody's switching labels around or filling the wrong bottles." He took another sip, his glass was almost empty, "Don't quite like the sound of 'research subject', and don't that 'skew the results' or whatever you call it? Letting the 'research subject' know he's being researched. Buddy of mine from before I joined up, he's real into that Shadow Government crap, helped me get my fake IDs and keeps an eye on the military networks to see if they've found me or got any leads on me. Sure he'd have something to say about this colony ship, and for the most part I'd agree with em. means of the Big Corps to scout out planets for resources and stake their claims first, and get the governments to foot most of the bill in the name of Colonization." He finished off his glass and held it out for a refill.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 am

"Well, you can't really change how your body reacts to long-time space travel, even if you knew about it, now can you?"
Zala noticed the empty glass and quickly tipped a refill.

"For other parts, I've learned that there's just about goverment or corporation involved in everything. So I tend to avoid overthinking it so I won't go crazy. Most of the time."

At that point Zala flashed another wide grin that showed his teeth partially to Miric and took another long gulp of the drink.
"-ghaah. But then, who of us in't already insane in this world? Some people even say that those we see as insane are actually the only sane ones, but we're following the laws of a cuccoo town and lock them up instead."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 am

Miric started taking larger sips, "Yeah, guess that's right. Nearly every one of us kept getting offers from Private Security departments before the war even started to wind down. Gotta ask you, what the hell does CorpSec need with with 2 units of mech pilots, heavy ones at that? Corps by law can't have anything heavier than a light mech, and there's a big difference between the Behemoths we rode and some dainty little 'Heavy Security' model." Another sip, "I mean hell, my Sync levels would drop by at least 20% if I just jumped into a MBM. And by the time I regain that 20 you could train a squad from scratch to comparable levels. Good thing sync levels don't matter for load lifters." He started to take another 'sip' before stopping, looking at the almost empty glass, "What were we doing again? Other than raiding your buddy's stash?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 am

Zala scratched his head for a moment, and then yawned a bit.
"I think it was something about trying to make your liver not explode. And then we went on... Okay, don't really mind anymore where we went on."

Zala poured another glassful to Miric. By this point, they had almost gone through the bottle already.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm

"Oh, oh right yeah...what did we need to stop that from happening? I mean yeah guess I could get mechanical replacement but then I'd really need to stop drinking..." He drank nearly 2/3rds of the glass in one gulp, "Err...shit I'm gonna have to stop soon, or you're gonna have to start giving me less in the glass...Mead and wine I ain't too bad with. I mean I usually make it home unless I've had like 20 bottles. Whisky, I usually wake up in the bar or right outside it." He was wobbleing slightly, "Don't even get me started on the unaged stuff. Better hope nobody's got a still set up on this tub, might have a one dog riot on yer hands." He finished off the glass, "Just give me a little this time."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Nodding happily, Zala poured only a single shot's worth into the glass, and did it very slowly.

"Oh, no worries, I think we can take on the rioteers as they come in demanding more whisky. Me, a doctor with monster arm, and you, a bed-ridden guy who needs to keep drinking. Yep, we're golden to win anything."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Miric tried sipping the shot before slugging it back, licking his lips, "Dunno Doc...the Panniesh didn't call me Iron Demon for nothin." His speach was starting to slur again. He started licking the glass to get a few last drops before holding it out again, "An Ah no were ya guys keep ta load lifters at." He chuckled softly, "Wouldent balieve ta amoun o damage ya c on do wid one a dose wen yur drunk." He looked at his still empty glass, "Spakin of whic...wouldna it be easer ta hook meh up ta a daialasy....dalasis...ya know wut I mean righ?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern