Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

LUX - an immigration ship into unknown

Re: LUX - an immigration ship into unknown

Postby django » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 am

Rejan had to give it to Zala. He certainly knew how to play the loopy scientist with all those robotic implants. And who could blame anyone for taking a step back from looking at him. God knows he would have if they on the streets and not in a counselors room. So in a way he had it easy.

"Did I?" Rejan replied about the gun as if he hasn't. It wasn't hard to see by the foxes tone, he was trying to let it slip by.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Very well. The man clearly knew bit tad more about armored light-weight plating than you'd think. Again another detail that didn't add up to his story.
Zala smirked a bit.

"Well, sadly, you're under bed care-take by the order of M.T.A's boss and head doctor. You're going to stay put in the higher level sickbay until we've run a complete check-up on you. You've clearly drank at least double the overdoze needed for possible brain malfunction today alone, and that might've caused some heavy damage onto your blood circulation system as well. So, if you'd just wait here for a moment until the nurse brings in a carrier bed."

While talking, Zala placed his larger arm across the hall in front of Miric, clearly showing that he's not allowed to step any further to the door.

"Oh, don't worry, the NeCha isn't going to show on the scannings if you're afraid of that."

NeCha, standing for Neurotic Chaff, was a misnamed bit old-school system for Augmented or Virtual Reality mech drivers. Basicly it was just bunch of nano-built metal cords and chips around the brain in tactical locations, allowing for certain electronic impulses to "bypass" parts of the brain and allow thus faster reaction time, have direct mental link with person's AR and VR computers or to alter how the person's brain impulses could be read, allowing direct control over even non-bipedal mechs and vehicles. Even though it was rarely used, it was usually a 100% proof that a person was military-grade mech pilot.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 am

Miric growled when his path was blocked, but pulled on the ends of his jacket and sat back down. He was confident he could take the Cyborg, but knew that would only lead to more problems, that and the more than likely armed fox behind him. "Whats your guy's game. This is some PsyOps bullshit, and I never liked that shit even when I was getting triple my Hazard pay..."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:10 am

"Hm, that's interesting. I didn't know unemployed people HAD hazard pays."

While stating that, the nurse (a quite skinny white-stripe maned jackal) brought the transport bed. It was simple anti-grav bed with pullers on all sides, plus a remote control system and liftable sides.

"Okay, as the bed-ridden person, you better hop on. We get to upper level faster that way."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:26 am

Miric snorted through his nose as he climbed onto the hoverbed. "They don't, and wasn't always unemployed. And I'm just currently without an assignment." He stared at the nurse a moment, looking her over with a slight smile before trying to relax on the bed.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:24 am

Rejan stood up from leaning against the wall. "I got to get going Zala." The fox said as he snapped his cell phone shut. "A few thing came up that I need to take care of. Call when you got your shit ready."

It looks like there wasn't much for him to do here at the moment. And it was true he had a few things that needed tending, it wasn't anything dire.

(Not leaving but will return when an opening looks good.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:41 am

"Ah, I see. Take care, friend. Well then-"
Zala input the route for the bed, and with a low humming sound, it started to move at walking pace along the corridor toward the medical bay's elevators.
"-I better get this patient up and lifted."

After Rejan had left, Zala turned to talk to Miric while keeping up the speed next to the bed.

"Soo, where were you employed before this? Artirok riot control? Pam An? Vulqerian civil war?"
The question came out of the blue, and with same facial expression and voice tone one would use when asking his co-worker 'did you already have lunch?'
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:16 am

"Pam Am." He stretched out on the bed as it went along. "You've done a network search on my name already haven't you?" He glanced about the hallway, "Or are you just fucking with random people. Before you ask I can honestly say there wasn't a damn thing I did in thous jungles I was ashamed of." The bed would get to the elevator and wait, Miric turned to the cyfox, "And I didn't slaughter no 'innocent village'."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:26 am

"I just counted two plus one here. Your past is not my problem, but you should realize that with the way you carry yourself these days, it doesn't take long for someone else to realize it. Besides, there's clearly something trying to catch you here."

Zala placed his hand on the bed as they squeezed into the lift. Unlike normal "gravity tunnels" used on the ship, this one was actual platform that was lifted up and down with old-school cables. Mostly because certain implants, mechanical equipment and such didn't like gravitational pull shifts.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:55 am

"What about your buddy? My past not his problem either? You ever been called a liar, Doc? How about when someone says you've done something so horrible, that they'll bring back some archaic means of execution to deal with you. I suck at lying Doc, so much that I hate it when I get accused of it when I'm not. Well every bit of relevant evidence showing the truth that I didn't do it just happened to disappear or become corrupted one way or another. I can barely even describe it Doc, it's like a piece of me died inside, and it was the piece that gives a fuck." He rolled over on the bed, facing away from the Zala, "And it's a big empty fucking hole where that piece used to be."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Zala whistled a bit. He hadn't prepared for this kind of over-the-top revelation. Most logically Miric would've followed the path of 'denial-anger-frustration-acceptance', but he just jumped over all of it and went on a path Zala hadn't foreseen.

"Considering all the stuff that has happened to both of you, I don't think he's gonna lift anything about this situation of yours. At tops, he's just gonna confiscate your gun.
I can't say that I don't understand you, as it is my job, but I still want to mention that I'm not going to try to get inside your head here. But part about dying inside yourself? That, my dear sir, is completely utter garbage, and you yourself know it.
It didn't die.
You threw it away yourself, to protect yourself."

Zala was already preparing to dodge incoming attacks, be they verbal or physical. He was quite confident in his reaction time, though the elevator wasn't so big and was moving. Both factors made Jumping risky.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Miric turned his head to look back at Zala, a slightly angry look on his face before he rolled onto his back again, "First thing a Shrink always say is their not trying to get in your head, which is bullshit since you're already trodding around in there looking for some syndrome ya can put in a medical journal and name it after me or yourself." He would slowly sit up, putting his legs on the side of the bed to hang down, "Help me Doc. I never believed in that 'glorious warrior's death' bullshit, but I don't wanna die in a gutter because some bullshit Snythahol destroyed my liver."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:47 pm

"Oh, you're too late with the 'naming a syndrome after myself' part. I already did it. Very nasty little syndrome that is. Turns person completely maniac and unstable. Though, luckily there's only one case of that syndrome, and repeating the process that created it is about impossible."

Zala gave Miric a nice small smile, then lifted his implant arm to his chest and pushed him backwards, back to the bed.

"And if you really mean what you're saying there, you better lie down. Moving around accelerates your blood circulation which in return speeds up the process of chemicals blowing your liver like a four-trigger grenade."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Miric grunted when he was pushed down onto the bed, he was tempted to ask further about the 'one case' but made the assumption. Great, crazy Borg...Now I really wish I still had my gun. "Not quite what I meant Doc...but I guess first step's first."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:06 pm

"Yes, for without first step you can never climb the stairs without falling."

Just then, the doors opened and Zala led the bed up into a brightly-lit room with tables, glass cabinets and what else full of medical equipment on. He pushed the bed into the middle section and started looking around the materials, mumbling half-absently while doing so.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern