Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Farm (Privet)

Re: The Farm (Privet)

Postby Bamawing » Fri May 25, 2012 12:08 am

((You know, I've never really given Pon'i a mom! Literally, I went back and checked out his character sheet, and I never named his mother. I expect she's dead in some horrible mushroom accident. >:3 Uncle is his biological father, though I'm more than half tempted to change this to Uskai now that I've got them fleshed out a little more. Since D'ini is his aunt, Yarri would be Pon'i's grandmother.))

"I won't get into trouble, my lord," Niis said with a gentle smile. "I'm technically free and can leave whenever I wish. The collar is more for Ina'isi's benefit. She's not very good with change. I told Uskai where I was going and he understands. I'm really not... concerned..." she was yawning. "Excuse me. It's been a long day." She really hoped they could sleep here, in the light...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Sat May 26, 2012 12:54 am

(Ah. I thought we saw Ponis mom, it was when Idoh and Poni was buying a carpet for Idoh to sleep on. Almost right before he got captured.)

"I see." Gaul smiled back to the little elf, thinking to himself on how lucky she is. "You might as well stay here for the night, since its late and we'll go back to the farm in the morning."

"And take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch tonight. There's also a few lamps in there, in case you feel like sleeping with the lights on." Gaul said as he finished his drink and pulled himself up to his desk. "There's still a few things I need to do before I go to sleep." He might as well catch up with some of his paper work. "Night."

* * Wanna do a small time skip to the morning? * *
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Sat May 26, 2012 4:28 am

((I could make her his mom. Can't remember her name, but I'll look it up. I think I'll have to resubmit him anyway after the time skip, so it works. And yeah, time skip to morning sounds great!))

Niis dreamed of a dancing tiktiki. Odd...

She was amazed that Gaul let her sleep in his bed. It had been quite a while since she saw people who weren't the Dendals, but she had not remembered them as being so courteous. She did feel a little uncomfortable, however. She was hungry!

She straightened her hair and clothes as well as she could and went back to the living room. "Sir Gaul? Where is breakfast?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 am

Gaul was sprawled out on the couch as Niis came in. He was dressed down to his shirt and pants, not his usual sleeping method of sleeping but he had company for the night. "Well pick something up as we head out. D'ini is probably worried about you not coming back from last night and we shouldn't keep her waiting."

After getting dressed in some fresh clothing, along with his chain mail shirt and sword and sheath to his belt. He also made a not to make sure to carry his ada stone neck lass.

After breakfast with one of the many venders in Raven. Gaul hopped he wasn't spoiling the little elf doing all this. She probably wasn't use to somebody being nice to her.

When they arrived back at the farm, Gaul hoped the farm and Dini were still in one piece. It would be good to see her again.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 am

It had been a hard night for Pon'i. He hadn't gotten a lot of sleep but at least he managed to keep his relatives from killing each other.

Uskai had tipped him off that Niis had gone to meet Gaul. When she didn't return, he guessed that Gaul had taken her home with him. This didn't surprise Pon'i much. Niis was terrified of the dark... she reminded him of Thun'der. He loaned her Thun's collar, but it wouldn't surprise him if the poor light elf threw herself at Gaul and begged to be taken to Raveran. He hoped Gaul had the sense to not assume she was trying to run away. Truth be told, he wasn't too worried. Gaul had plenty of sense.

Gaul would notice Pon'i and Thun as soon as he stepped into the compound. Niis smiled and bowed low to Pon'i, who returned it. "Thank you. D'ini and Yarri are both unharmed. Ina'isi is a little wild but more or less OK. Uskai..." how to put this? "It was bloody for a few minutes but he's had worse. Just please help him with any heavy lifting. Ina'isi got a little carried away." Poor Uskai. He would be fine - the family had a few talented healers - but it seemed unfair that he always caught the brunt of Ina'isi's rages. Niis nodded and scurried off towards Ina'isi's quarters.

Pon'i turned to Gaul. "Thanks for taking care of her. Terrified of the dark, as I'm sure she let you know. Yarri and D'ini fought for hours, but D'ini won in the end. She threatened to set Ina'isi loose on Raveran if she couldn't have you as consort. Yarri didn't like that, but D'ini stood her ground."

He smiled. "Honestly, I think it was good for her. Been years since she's fought any battles. And she's a fighter, in her way. She used to help handle the business end. I'm hazy on the details. Point is, you're allowed free access to the compound. Just keep an eye out for Yarri. She didn't want to agree. I had to vouch for you, assure her you'd never reveal our location. She eventually got won over."

They had reached D'ini's quarters. "I'm not sure she's up yet," Pon'i admitted. "We were all up late last night. I've got to head out and see if I can't rustle up some business - after a night like that, I crave the simplicity of delivering a message from one person to another. By your leave?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 am

"Poni!" Gaul smiled at his white and black haired Olath companion. "It's no problem. It was strange for an to be out looking for me of all things. It was good thou that she told me about what was going on."

He listened quietly to what Poni had to say along the way to Dini's place. It seemed he missed quit the 'party' . Fought for hours huh...

"Thank you Poni, for sticking up for me. I wont forget that." He never doubted Poni wouldn't stick up for him but it was always a nice surprise to hear somebody stand up for him and it bothered him at the same time. He wished he was here to make his own damn case.

"Wait. can you grab me something?" Gaul said as he pulled out some ada and handed it to Poni. It was enough for a gift and to cover shipping and handling or tip as Gaul called it for him. "Does D'ini like flowers? If so, could you go and grab me some for her. If not, grab me something she likes. "

* * * (room for Ponis respose if you want)

Gaul wasn't nervous... or at least he sure he wasn't but he wasn't sure what to expect as he knocked on D'inis door.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:32 am

"Something for D'ini? You can count on me!" Heh, it looked like the simplicity of delivering something for someone was easy to find today... and for two people he cared about. Bonus! He shot Gaul a parting smile and was gone.

Gaul knocked on the door, not knowing what to expect. The door opened... but it wasn't D'ini.

"Hello." She was tall and dressed in a kimono. Her hair was as long as a val's, undyed and flowing. She had a friendly-but-all-business smile that looked permanent, mask-like. "I am Yarri. My daughter is not here at the moment, but I have been wanting to meet with you. Please, come in and have a seat."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:15 am

Even thou he was usually good keeping his face straight Gaul couldn't keep the sock out of his eyes at Yarri's sudden appearance. "Yarri." He said as he enter D'ini's house "I've heard you and Dini been talking about me."

There was a table set up off to the side, probably made just for this occasion. He was more worried about were Dini's where about are, then what ever was going to happen between Yarri and him. Gaul hasn't forgotten about Ponis warning. He had to be on the look out, in case Yarri decided the only way to keep him away from the Dendles ranch was to kill him...

Sitting down across from Yarri, Gaul said "And I heard you have a problem with me being here." he didn't feel like playing around.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:54 am

Yarri eased into a seat opposite Gaul and raised her eyebrows. "A problem?" She didn't seem to move her lips as much as normal people did when they talked. "Not with you specifically. I have seen this place grow from very humble beginnings. I have dreams of it growing greater. We have never had outsiders in this place, and the change... is unexpected."

She called over her shoulder: "Peeta, the wine?" A drowolath female appeared, poured them both some fine white wine, made from grapes. She was dressed in a far more simple kimono but wore no slave collar. After filling the glasses she bowed and vanished through the door where she had come.

Yarri swirled her glass. "My grandson thinks highly of you. My daughter agrees with him." She sipped, her eyes never leaving Gaul. "Tell me. Who are you exactly? And may I see your... identification?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Gaul sipped his sweet wine before handing Yarri his neck lass. "As you know my name is Gaul. I have no sub house but I do half own a brothel in Raven and my Mother in Chel owns Golden Eye company. They deals in various goods but usually keeps to Chel."

"With that said, I have a small stock in the Golden business and I'm free to do small things with it. My mother doesn't know about my dealings with the Dendles and I promised to Poni and Dini, that I would keep your place a secret as long as the Dendles don't start demon worshiping." He knew it was very unlikely for that to happen but he had to make it clear.

"With that said I am also Templar who serves the Kyorl and protects Raven."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Yarri took the necklace and examined it without comment. When he finished speaking she returned it to him and watched him calmly.

"You say you're a templar? Don't those usually have wardens? And tell me more about this Golden Eye. What goods do they trade?" Her voice was businesslike and friendly. Her face was unreadable. Every bit of Pon'i's ability to hide emotions, he got from his grandmother. But while Pon'i looked calm, maybe bored, Yarri showed no emotion whatsoever. She would be hell to play poker with.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 pm

"My last warden died. And I haven't had a replacement yet." Gaul said more plainly, then how he really felt about that particular question. "Mother likes to deal Perfumes and spices in Chel but we do caravans too."

Gauls started to wonder why Yarri started to take a more friendly tone with him. Perhaps mentioning his families company has perked Yarri's interests enough for him to use it for some leverage. Too bad mom is a purist without the religious zeal or she would probably deal with Olaths more often then what little she does now. Usually that was left for her children and grand children to deal with outsiders.

"I myself co own a brothel in Raven, so you can imagine how diverse other Golden Eye merchants might own."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:06 am

"My daughter mentioned the brothel. She... gave you quite a deal. But we all are grateful to you for taking care of Pon'i." Yarri's eyes never left Gaul's. They were more green than gray, but they were a dull green, a grayish green.

"Pon'i has his pet. You have your sword. We have our secrecy. It is our defense, our weapon." Her face began to show a small amount of concern, as if leaking out. Her eyes were still emotionless. "I protect it as I do my life."

"I trust you to take as good care of the secret of this place's location," she continued. "I recognize the Kyorl'solenurn concept of honor, and I know you are above bribes or even torture. The identification takes care of impostors... at least in theory. What do you plan to do against being followed?" She set her glass down.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:57 am

"I've been patrolling the streets looking out for trouble for over a hundred years." Gaul looked back into her Yurri's eyes. "I know how to spot a follower and how to deal with them." He didn't think he had to tell her how but it was clear in his voice that it probably wouldn't end well for the follower. "I have been careful about how I come to the ranch lady Yarri."

"In any case, I'm just a Drowssus male of no real importance. No one cares why I leave town or even bothers to ask me why."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:07 pm

She surveyed him, this odd man with defiant eyes. He underestimated his importance. So typical of males. Pon'i did the same, and it nearly got him killed. But this underestimation was genuine. Whatever Gauls' motivation, he was not intentionally going to lead anyone to the compound.

It would do, for now.

"I will allow this," she said simply. "But only under the condition that when you get a warden, you let me know. I have no wish to jeopardize either my family or the duty of a templar to his goddess." She spoke with no trace of irony in her voice, but her thin smile never reached her eyes. "You may finish your wine here. I have business to attend to. Peeta?"

Without another word she swept from the room. Peeta spared Gaul a curious glance before following. Around Peeta's mouth was the hint of a welcoming smile.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern