Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Farm (Privet)

Re: The Farm (Privet)

Postby django » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am

Gaul was taken back a bit, worried that perhaps he was too forward with D'ini. She wasn't Yanti after all, he had to remeber that. He put on a small smile "That's too bad." He stat back in his chair, trying to think of something else to talk about. That was until he saw her looking at the box.

"You like it? My daughter gave it to me few week ago as a gift. I just had her picture put into it today before I got here." He picked up his drink and sipped. He almost forgetting to tell D'ini that she was alive, "Her name is Sarani'ka and she's the only child that is still with me. She's from a different mother; Morrigan was her moms name. She was Dutan'vir."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 pm

D'ini relaxed as he sat back down. Dancing? Really? She felt like she should be offended. She wasn't. She tried to decide whether or not she should be, but gave up after he began to speak.

"Really? So you mated with a Dutan'vir?" D'ini was curious as to whether this was before or after his "wife." Or during, really, this didn't seem odd to her.

"She looks like a fine woman. Does she live here? How often do you see her?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:45 pm

"Yes she did turn out to be a good woman, even after all shes been through. She was orphaned during the Nid war and was pick up by my clan." Thinking about that always left a sour taste in his mouth, thinking about all those left behind and how lucky she was. "I didn't know the Dutan'virs were attacked. I was with the group fighting demons and Nidraa'chal in the streets."

"...It was a hard time. After the war, I looked for Morrigan and Sarani'ka in what remained of the Dutan'virs but I wasn't in the mind set to do any good for anyone." Gaul said as looked into his almost finished beer. "... What about you D'ini, do you have any children and mates to speak of?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 am

D'ini relaxed, oddly, thinking back to her life many years ago. "I mated with a Raveranian male named Sa...Sa'kem? It's been decades. We stayed together for about 10 years before we just grew bored with each other." Her smile slipped, and her eyes dipped away.

To the abyss with it. To the abyss with all of it! "That's not true," she heard herself saying. "He - both of us, really - got sick of all the secrecy involved. I never brought him here. Never told him about Ina'isi, never even told him about how the mushrooms smell. When they're cutting them, I mean. It smells wonderful. He wanted to move here, help raise our daughter. It took me a year to work up the courage to ask mother. She refused, of course. Letting an outsider in has never been done before." She looked Gaul in the eyes again. "You're a rebellion," she said, her voice shining with something like triumph. Sa'kem left. She wasn't going to lose this blue-eyed grayskin. At least not for the same reason. The thought made her a little giddy.

Without looking away, she called for Niis. "Could you bring the harp, please? And Gaul..." she gulped a little, but didn't break eye contact. "Would you... like... to dance?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:11 am

Gaul sat quitely as D'ini talk about her pervious relationship. He had no idea that the dendles were so reclusive not to let mates in. Poor D'ini, It reminded him way too much, why he couldn't see Morrigan and Sarani when she was a child... damn politics. He didn't want her to suffer for him. He should just leave her and be done with the dendles.

"D'ini, I would love to." Gaul said, lost in her grey eyes.

Taking her by the hand gently, Gaul led D'ini to the middle of room and danced to the soft harp playing in the back ground. He relaxed and enjoyed himself in her company, Looking into her eyes and strangly playing with the thought of kissing her lips.

"I'm not worth it." Gaul said softly and a looked away for a moment. He being thoughtful and he had to work up a bit of himself up to continue "I don't want to give you trouble D'ini. I dont want to stir anything up..." Gaul wasn't trying to push her away but he wanted to give D'ini the chance to turn away.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 pm

She was surprised but pleased when he agreed to dance. Suu males were far more dominant than olaths! He even led her to the center of the room, but when she started to lead the dancing, he didn't protest ((if you like, I can change that)).

She realized that she liked him, this strange male with the beautiful eyes. If she had seen him on the streets of Raveran, she would have noticed him. Any male in her quarters would have been interesting, regardless of how he looked. Both together? No wonder she was giddy.

"I'm not worth it," he said suddenly. She cocked her head, not understanding. "I don't want to give you trouble D'ini. I dont want to stir anything up..." Now he was acting like a male. This was something she was... well, not familiar with, but within the realm of her experience.

She pulled him closer. "I do want trouble." She hadn't realized this until she said it out loud. But it was true, so she let her words stand. "I love my mother but I'm not afraid of her, and she's wrong about this. I'm sick of living in hiding. I deserve a life, and if that means a rebellion, then I deserve a rebellion.

"The first time I met you, Ina'isi came running down, half streekaider and reeking of blood, and you were brave enough to face her weaponless." Her tone was a cross between fact stating and challenge. "You've kept Pon'i safe as well as Thun'der has. You're a brave man. Trusting me to take care of mother will take a different kind of courage, but you've got courage. Trust it. Trust me." She was giddy and feeling impulsive. Deep down she was probably afraid that Gaul would leave. She was wrapped up in what she was saying, so she didn't notice the door swinging open behind Gaul until Uskai's voice rang out.

"My lady? Lady Yarri is with Ina'isi now."

His voice and face were completely neutral, but Niis gasped and the music abruptly stopped.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 pm

(Nope, I left it open to you if D'ini would like to lead and I figured Drow dancing the female leads.)

Gaul listened quitely to D'ini's talk about how she felt about being cut off from the rest of the world. He could only think about when he wanted to get away from the grips of his mother, who in some ways was no different then the Dendles.

When Uskai's voice rang out "My lady? Lady Yarri is with Ina'isi now." , Gaul turned his head to the door and said "One moment please." His hand on her thigh slid up her back and now held her in a close hug. "I trust you." He looked into her grey eyes and smiled "Your a brave woman. And all this talk about hiding and wanting more out of life." He leaned in and whispered in her ear "I swore you're asking me something." and gave her a kiss on he cheek.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:42 am

So close. Sharess, so close. She was having a hard time listening to him again. Something about being brave. Then breath in her ear: "I swear you're asking me something." Lips on her cheek.

She considered several responses to this. I'm not asking. I'm telling you. Rebel with me. Too wild. Ssus were a little different. Maybe Yes. When will I see you again? Nah, too tame. Gray skin or not, she was still female! Combine the two? She was thinking too much... last time she was indecisive like this, it got awkward... Well, she knew what would stop her thoughts in their tracks!

Turning her head slightly, she pressed her lips to those that had just brushed her cheek. If she was being summoned to a chew-out session, as was likely, she was at least getting a kiss out of the deal!
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 pm

The kiss caught him by surprise, although he didn't take long to match her lips. He remember how long ago since the last time kissed an Olath, but he could say that hes never kiss one like this before... never. It wasn't so different with any other woman he loved. She was taller and matched his height, so he didn't have to bend down to show her his gentleness.

Gaul was the first to break away from their embrace. He didn't want to, but he had to say something "You don't have to face them alone." He said as he lessened his hold on her slightly, not realizing how close he held her while they kissed. "I will go with you, if you want." he knew when somebody was going to get chewed out. And from the looks in his eyes he wont leave her to dry.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

He broke the kiss too soon, but it was to offer support. She had to smile at this.

"I do have to face them alone." Bringing an outsider, especially a male, in for apparent support would be political suicide in this situation. "But don't worry. I have a plan." Her eyes were shining with confidence. Her face was quietly amused. "I don't know how long this will take... do you want to be here when I get back? I can send you a message if you need to return to your home. I know an excellent courier."

D'ini was born and raised to be in charge. While she loved her grandmother, she only tolerated her station in life. Running a business was her true calling and passion. Making her own decisions, taking risks, defending her beliefs was making her feel like herself again, for the first time in two decades.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:22 am

"Alright then. I'll be back later tonight, so just send your courier with a message when your ready. I have guard duty tonight, so I'll come right after it." His arms closed in and brought D'ini in for another kiss. This time it was a very passionate and lasted. When the time did stop kissing again, Gaul didn't let go of her. He held D'ini in his strong arms and rocked her gently.

"My lady...-" Uskai softly and patiently "-...they are waiting."

It almost felt like he was asleep, cuddling with D'ini. It was relaxing and it felt nice sharing a gentle moment with someone. He missed this in his life and he wonder if she felt the same. "I'll see you later." Gaul said with another kiss before he started to leave for Raven.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:08 am

D'ini smiled and waved to him as he left. Her face was proud, her eyes confident.

If Gaul expected her courier to appear during his guard duty, he would be disappointed. It wasn't until he was dismissed and nearly back to the compound that he saw anyone related to the Dendals. And then it was someone who gave a little shriek when she heard him approach.

It was Niis. She was clutching what Gaul would recognize as one of Thun's collars. Niis kept rubbing the glowing gemstone with her fingers, as if willing it to keep glowing. Her face was frozen in terror. "M-mlord?" she asked in a whisper. "M-mlady D'ini... I..." She stopped, curling in on herself. "Back to Raveran! Please! I can't talk here, I just can't!" She shook her head violently, her blond locks concealing her face. Her pale fingers clutched the collar until her knuckles were white. "Please." It was a whisper.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:22 am

Finding Niis out here was a complete shock to Gaul. What in the world is she doing out here? His first instincts was to charge into Dendle compound and kill anyone that was threatening their lives but he couldn't do that... not until he knew what was going on.

"Shhh, Calm yourself Niis." He cooed at the light elf and put a hand on her shoulder. "What's happened, are the Dendles in danger?" "No Melord, I... I." Niis stuttered, clearly distort over something. "I cant talk here... its too dark." Tears welled in her eyes.

So Nii's is afraid of the dark, Gaul thought to himself as he picked her up as if she was a child. He decided to take her back home with him. May not be the best idea but what else could he do... he couldn't leave her here, he guessed he could take her to the brothel and his room there but why put her though that. He didn't want Nii's to get the impression he was going put her into 'service' if he went there.

Once they got into Raven and later into his apartment Niis calmed down. Gauls apartment was plain. He sat Niis down on a couch and got her a glass of water. In this room he had cabinet filled with various dark liquors, a table with writting utensils and a shelf of books. But the oddest thing he had is his collection frightening looking helmet he kept from the Nid war, along with other such helmets from various clans.

"Tell me Niis, what happened." Gaul said as he sat across from her on a chair.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu May 03, 2012 4:16 am

As they approached the lights of Raveran, Niis calmed down noticeably.

"Thank you for the water, my lord. And thank you for... it's just... I can't handle the dark, I really can't. I borrowed this," she showed him Thun's collar. "But outside the compound is so massive! This little gem couldn't keep all the dark at bay."

"Tell me Niis, what happened."

She glanced down. "I followed Miss D'ini and Uskai. Lady Yarri was talking to Ina'isi. Miss D'ini, well, she was fine for a few minutes. Then she casually mentioned, um, you." Niis gave a smirky smile. "It got worse from there.

"I think Lady Yarri thinks that you're actually representing the Kyorl clan in some way. She accused Miss D'ini of forming alliances with foreign clans. Miss D'ini was trying to explain that you're just a casual friend, but she had to be careful because Ina'isi was there, and apparently Ina'isi thinks you really are a Kyorl representative." She leaned a little closer and added in a whisper, "Ina'isi isn't all right in the head. She's fine if she's in a good temper, but she can get really violent if something sets her off."

Niis leaned back and shook her head. "And Lady Yarri and Miss D'ini set her off. So all three of them were yelling. It was all Uskai could do to restrain ina'isi. I ran to get m'lord Pon'i... he's good with her... and found him quickly enough. Between the three of us - Pon'i, Uskai and me, we managed to get Ina'isi under control.

"Then Pon'i started to try and calm Lady Yarri and Miss D'ini down. He's good with emotional people - he's like Uskai that way. They're still yelling a little, but I think they'll be OK with him there. But I remembered that you were coming back in a few cycles, and I don't think it would be good if you came back in the middle of all this. Let them finish fighting it out first, and I'm sure Miss D'ini will send Pon'i to let you know when a good time is to return."

She leaned forward again. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but are you a Kyorl representative? No matter who you are, I'm glad you came. It was lovely to see Miss D'ini so happy."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun May 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Gaul couldn't help himself when his ears went a little red when Niis mentioned D'ini was so happy. He had no idea she was so taken with him. He was more then happy to hear that. Its also good to hear about Poni and him keeping everything under control.

"No." He said after sipping his dark drink. "I do own a half of a business and a small 'stock' in my mothers merchant business, but I am not a Kyorl Clan representative. Its just something Dini and me made up for Ila'isi."

"But I do have to say Niis, your a very brave light elf." He leaned forward "Thank you for braving the dark for Dini and me. I don't know what I would have done if I have walk in on it." That's an understatement, he would have gave this Yarri a piece of his mind. "If you get in trouble for this, I'll do what I can to take the brunt of any punisherment."

Both Dini and Poni must treat their slaves very well. Both Idoh and Niis are the best examples of slaves going out of their way to help their owners when they needed it.

(Yarri Poni's mom right?)
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern