Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Farm (Privet)

Re: The Farm (Privet)

Postby django » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 pm

"Don't worry about D'ini. Its been rough for everyone." He said while following her, "I was sent to solitary confinement, I doubt many people knew I was there. The warden in charge didn't belive me or the Inquisitor that interrogated me. It wasn't until they had letter from Raven-" probably from one of Ponis contacts. "-that cleared everything up. Even then, I was confined to the fortress until today." He should find Poni soon if he was in Chel. He didn't want the poor guy to worry about him any more

Seeing the Dendal mushrooms here, brought a smile to Gaul's face. "I'm happy for you D'ini." It was good to see D'ini getting something off the ground while he was away. "Did you get my package? and Does this mean your a Dendle again?" He was sure she did get the ada, but he had to find out what she thought about it.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 pm

"My name is D'ini Ina'isi Dendal." She was grinning. "And if you mean the ada, yes, I got it. It'll pay for the rent on the old place. We're in a new place now, have been for a month. I only paid rent on the old place because... I wanted you to find me." She slipped one arm around Gaul's waist. How thin it seemed! Did they not feed him in that fortress?

"By 'we' I mean myself, Niis and Uskai. Pon'i has his locker but bounces back and forth so much it's silly for him to rent anywhere, really. His home base is back at the Raveran compound.

"He went to see mother soon after he delivered your letters. The man has courage equal to any female. Mother saw this as an opportunity to expand." She rolled her eyes. "Mother has always been ambitious. Pon'i now delivers orders to Raveran as well as his usual business. He's thinking of hiring an underling to help him, so he can express deliver some mushrooms here. As it is we've got a convoy coming down once a week. Business has been good - we sell to the Sullisin'rune, mostly, but a few Sharen as well. Um. I hope that doesn't bother you. We've had a few Kyorl get on to us about it." Her arm tightened a little as she spoke.

"But I've got my name back, my family back. I've got my business back. Plus I'm the head of the Chelean sector of the family, so Ina'isi would call me a devess. Which is why I named my 'house' after her." She smiled sadly. "I will always miss her. But I think she would be so proud of me. And the part of her that was sane would be so grateful to you, for setting her free." She slipped her other arm around Gaul's shoulders. They were just as broad. And his eyes were just as bright. Such a striking color, with a shine that reminded her of adamantium...

She was the female, damnit, so she leaned in for a kiss.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 am

Gaul listened quitely as Dini talked and her hands finding their way around his body. His hands slowly moved, around her back and pulled her closer, until she was pressed against him. They kissed for what felt like a life time. Just an Olath and Suss sharing a moment between each other. He could feel her heart beat against his chest.

When the moment over, Gaul still held her in his arms. "Your grand mother would be very proud of you D'ini. And if it means anything, I'm very proud." He said as he looked into her Dendle grey eyes. "I love you." He said as looked softly into her eyes "Its hard for me to admit that... I've had two lovers in my long life and I swore I'd never take another... after I lost them. I want to be with you D'ini."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:54 pm

"I..." She had never heard those words before. Ever. Even mates that had given her daughters never told her they loved her. "Love? Like... a family?" She was genuinely confused, but not angry. She didn't pull away.

She processed the rest. She had several lovers in her life. She wondered what had taken his two. "I'm not planning on being taken anywhere," she finally said. Her face still showed a kind of innocent confusion. Did he want to be her mate or her wife?

((I went back and checked, and D'ini thinks that "wife" means "more than mate." She's never heard the word "husband."))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 am

It was also Gauls turn to show some confusion, perhaps he should have used another word. Olaths were strange creatures. Sometimes he wasn't too sure how different their two species were. "Dini. I'm asking you to be my mate." Gaul couldn't think of any other way of putting clearer to her... Then it struck him, was she teasing?

"No one is taking you. I'll be sure that." Gaul said as he still held her, showing her no sign of letting go until he answered him.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Goddess, Ssu males were forward! She'd never had anyone ask to be her mate before. Well, there was one woman many years ago. And a wild night that was, too.

His arms were strong around her, protective. The sense of safety was foreign, exotic. Exotic as his pale skin and forward ways. As exotic as his use of the word "love."

She wanted to touch his face, but she didn't want to let go. So she leaned forward and brushed his cheek with her own. in his ear she whispered, "I know you'll protect me from the abyss itself." Who better than a Kyorl, really? "And I'd like to be mated with you. Are we going to throw the wife party?"

((Ooh, I got it. "Once you go gray, you're there to stay." lol I am such a dork.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 am

Sharess he missed this so much. The feeling of somebody close to you, someone to cherish life with. He never dreamt it would be with this dark woman in his arms.

Gaul was genuinely surprised and thrilled when she asked him if going to have a wife party. "Yes Dini!" He beamed, "Yes we can have a wife party." he pick her up from under her arms and spun around in a dance. The small details didn't matter, he can explain the rest to her later. What was important to Gaul was D'ini wanted to be with him, and he wanted to be with her.

He brought her back down and hugged her again, "We have much to discuss." He whispered as he turned his head, kissing her gently bellow her ear. "Let get you home dear."

((He's also one of those greys that pays child support.))
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 am

((Sorry it's been so long! Every time I've sat down to write something's come up.))

The mention of the party must have really got him excited! He spun her around like he was on chocolate or something. She laughed. Suus and their traditions. "Home's this way."

She felt giddy again, but this time she was grounded by the knowledge that she was her own woman, with a small amount of power and a name and place of her own. She felt like a Val.

On the way over, she told him about her customers. She was paying a lot of attention to how he reacted about the Sharen. She was better able to notice subtle clues in facial expressions, an old skill she was glad to be relearning. Only one thing kept her from concentrating... love? He loved her? That was more than a simple mating. She guessed that's what being a "wife" was about.

Her new place wasn't far from the Karbol market. As they rode an elevator-like golem to her apartment, she risked a glance at her new mate. "I loved Ina'isi," she said softly. "And I love Niis, and Uskai, and Pon'i. Instead of being just my mate, are you asking to be my family?" She wasn't sure how she felt about that, but she thought she just might like it...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 pm

The walk to her apartment was filled with talks about her business, particularly her dealings with the Sharens. While Gaul disapproved on the inside, he also understood Sharens were rich. He told D'ini that whatever she does to her business is her business and he wont involve himself unless Volzz start getting involved. He also didn't recommend inviting them over to dinner whiles hes in the house.

Riding the elevator up. Gaul turned to D'ini when she spoke softy to him. "Yes." His eyes sparkled in the hope that she would say yes. "If D'ini would ever take me in." Were olath males always so distant from their mates. Perhaps he was wrong when he told her that being a mate was no different then being a wife.

When the elevator stopped he waited for her answer.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 am

"Are you asking to be my family?"

"Yes," he replied. "If D'ini would ever take me in." His eyes sparkled and she blushed. There was something in her that wanted to say yes. Wanted it so badly. Family was forever... centuries of life. She reached out and noticed how dark her skin was next to his.

"Sister... take care of him."
"I will. As if he was my own."
"He is your own. He is family."
D'ini glanced over her shoulder to notice Uskai weeping, holding the baby. She looked again at her sister, but she had missed it... the exact moment when the aura dispersed. Motherless, Pon'ibo was as good as her son, and she raised him as well as she could. He was family.

A keen business habit reminded her to get the terms first and negotiate any long-term contracts. After all, she didn't know Gaul very well. There would be decades and centuries for them to decide. She opened her mouth to say no, but instead she heard her own voice say, "I would love to have Gaul as my family."

She was even more startled to understand how true that was. "I... I really would!" Her face split into a grin. It was the first time she really let her guard down in front of him. She looked both cheerful and contented, and somehow younger, more innocent. Her eyes softened and he could probably read joy in them, because joy was there.

The elevator door opened, leading to a small lobby. Uskai was standing silently at the door, with no facial expression, like always. But if Gaul looked very closely, he might notice the smallest hint of an upward curve in one corner of Uskai's mouth. It was the closest the man ever came to smiling.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:25 am

(Poor Poni! :c At least he had a good guardian)

Not even the rare sight of Uskai cracking a smile, could turn Gauls attention away from D'ini. Sharess, how long did he have to wait for another mate to accecpt him into her family and for him, to call her wife.

With one hand free from a gauntlet, he took her hand she reached out to him with. Showing how pale he was to her ebony skin. He kissed her hand and nuzzled it "I love you Dini."

After spending a moment with each other, he walked with her back to the appartment and into her modestly furnished living room. Taking his chain mail shirt and Gauntlets off. He returned to Dini side "Dini... Will you dance with me?"

His armor was suffocating him, his heart was beating so fast with so much emotion, he thought he would pass out. It was the first time he could remember, that he didn't ware any armor between them... and didn't look and feel like shit.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm

"I would love to. Niis, we need music!"

The little elf poked her head out, grinning madly at the sight of Gaul. She nodded once and vanished again, presumably to get her harp. But before she came back, Uskai took matters into his own voice.

((I looked for my song about the "man from Raveran" for like, two hours. Found this one and quit looking, because it's even better! I must've written it... oh gods, I called it "old" in 2006.))

I wandered down a winding stair, down by the pillar of light
I told my friend I'd meet him there, down at the pillar of light.
His warrior skills compare admirably, down by the pillar of light,
And he's waiting now with a present for me, down by the pillar of light.

Ssunssunul, Ssunssunul the tower of light
A cirlet of day on a moonless night
What rivels in power, in magical might
To Ssunssunul the tower of light?

The water trickles, hear it sing down at the pillar of light
It sparkles on the grassy green around the pillar of light.
Observe the creatures of every kind, flock to the pillar of light,
No better place to sit and unwind, than by the pillar of light.

Ssunssunul, Ssunssunul the tower of light
A cirlet of day on a moonless night
What rivels in power, in magical might
To Ssunssunul the tower of light?

Niis joined him on the harp halfway though the song, but D'ini barely noticed. It was wonderful to dance with someone... a family member... someone who loved her. Love. Did she love him?

"Gaul, I... love you." she was trying the words out. They fit, like a glove. They felt right. She smiled. "I really do!"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 pm

Gaul quietly danced to song. Being this close to Dini relaxed him... but it also opened his mind to other subjects, half breeds. He never thought much it, the idea of having children with anyone who wasn't drowssus. Some of his clan even considered them abominations to be put to death, others didn't. Gaul was the latter. But what really held him back was... what would the life of his child be. Half breed can have a harsh life.

It was different with Dini. The Dendles could provide a good life for their children... if she wanted his children.

"Gaul, I... love you." "I really do!" this brought him back to reality. "I love you too." Gaul said as he looked at her, his eyes rich with his feelings. He lean in and whispered in her ear.

(Ment to add this part in but was in a rush. Thats a pretty neat song, I cant remeber if I've seen it somewhere or not.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 am

D'ini chuckled at his whisper. It was forward and innocent at the same time. She couldn't deny her own curiosity... and other feelings, both emotional and physical.

Niis continued to play softly, as Uskai went about straightening the already-tidy room. Making her decision suddenly, D'ini gave Gaul an extra spin and danced him into her private chamber.

((Glad you like it! I need to write some more Drow music sometime.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Game Tavern