Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Farm (Privet)

Re: The Farm (Privet)

Postby Bamawing » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:27 am

"Hello, hello? Anybody home?" If Gaul didn't recognize Pon'i's voice, he would certainly notice Thun'der scurrying into the room.

"I'm home, my lord. And you just missed my lady. And my lord Gaul is awake."

"Gaul!" Pon'i entered just as Niis helped Thun onto Gaul's bed. "We were starting to get worried, if you didn't wake up soon and eat. How are you, aside from the obvious? And you're dressed, you want to get out?"

Niis smiled and resumed the slave kneeling position, holding the pendant and Gaul's letters in her lap. Thun nosed Gaul's hands, hoping to be petted.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 am

"Poni!" Gaul said as he found the needed energy to sit up to see his old friend. He was just as surprised to see Thun had really taken so well to him so well. Taking Thun onto his lap, Gaul gave Thun her much needed pettings "Hey babe. you missed me?" Thun answered him with a moan and grunt as he hit the right spot.

"I've seen worse days I suppose." Gaul wasn't sure if that was true or not. "No... I tried to get up and get out. And that didn't work out so well for me... huh Niis?" he gave her tried smile and Niis gave him worried look back and nodded to him "Yes me lord."

"How your life been Poni? Its good to see you."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 am

"Well, same old, really." Pon'i plopped down on the side of the bed. "Niis, could you get us some sort of food? Whatever's in the cupboard is probably fine." The little elf slipped away without comment.

"It's a little odd, the idea of introducing myself as Pon'i the Clanless. I'm thinking Pon'i of Raveran instead. Although thus far I haven't had to introduce myself to anyone, which is nice. It's only been a few weeks, and the people I already know around here have kept me busy. D'ini is trying to establish some business on her own, although she's still not sure what. It might be as simple as a rent-a-bodyguard/guide for the Klarbol market."

He glanced around, his expression slightly pained. It was a sign of how well he knew and trusted Gaul that he let an emotion show. "This place is sound and in a great neighborhood, but it's a little too small for five people. After we get some extra income, we'll be able to buy somewhere a little bigger. She's... making the best of it. We all are. D'ini is a survivor; it runs in the family."

Niis reappeared with more porridge. It was steaming and had a small trace of cinnamon over the top. Pon'i stifled a groan. This stuff again? "Thank you, Niis." He turned back to Gaul. "So where did she go? Did you talk to her?" Something caught the corner of his eye. It was Niis, her face frozen in fear. Suddenly he realized that Gaul's red eyes weren't from his injuries.

"Ooh. That bad, huh?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 pm

"Yah..." Gaul said quietly as he petted Thun. If he was feeling bad a moment ago, he worse off now that he had to face his Poni. His mind was racing trying to think of something... Anything to help get these people back on their feet. He owed it to them. Poni sure was good at quilting him to death, even if he didn't mean to do it.

Rummaging through his ada purse Gaul pulled out some coins. "Poni when your done, I want you to rent me and you a dawmere. Where going to my clan and I'm going to help you get back on your feet." At this point he didn't care so much about himself as he did on just helping them.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 am

Pon'i winced at the suggestion. "I appreciate it, but I don't think it's necessary or a good idea," he replied softly. "At least not without running it past D'ini. And honestly, we're on our feet. We're just wearing cheap shoes." Or eating cheap food. At least it had some cinnamon on it.

"I know the Ssu tend to have the males protect the females, at least to a certain extent, but the rest of us aren't like that. D'ini feels like her job is to protect you, not the other way around. If you try to help her she'll take it as an insult to her honor. The reason you're here instead of recovering in a Kyorl clinic is because she insisted on carrying you with us, and I had to pull every high-up contact I had to get that far. Niis, you told him about the necklace, right?"

"No, my lord. I just showed it to him." She held it up.

Pon'i smiled. Leave it to Niis. Even freed, in her mind her "place" was to make him and D'ini look and feel good. So he got to be the bearer of glad tidings. "Niis, you've earned yourself a massage. I know a fantastic spa." He took the necklace and held it up. "She says she doesn't know if she loves you or hates you. Either way, she wanted you here instead of with your clan. So she says." He rubbed the chain with his thumb. "This isn't braided spider silk. It's actually her hair - she pulled out some strands and braided it herself. She must have done it seven times, if she wasn't happy with the result she redid it. Didn't want the rest of us to notice. I'm guessing the chain broke in your struggle with Grandmother..."

He handed the necklace to Gaul. "She doesn't want to admit it, not even to herself. She hasn't had a mate in my lifetime, and she loved Ina'isi. But I think she also loves you."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:50 am

Gaul looked at the neck lass in his hand, feeling the long strands of hair that were woven into a new neck lass. Dini... you shouldn't have... He didn't remember the chain getting broken in the fight then again, he had bigger issues at the time. He wasn't sure if he should even ware it. Its become far too precious for him to have it break in another fight.

"I'm aware Poni. And I wasn't going to offer Dini help until she calmed down. I was talking about you, I owe you and the others here. It would be selfish of me not do something about this situation. The least I could do is get you a place with more then one bed room. And If Dini has anything to say about, she can stay here and I guess I'll just have to die at the hands of Niis." He gave a wink to the little elf. Causing Niis to chuckle.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:14 am

"No, my lord, my lady specifically said I was not allowed to kill you," giggled the little elf.

"I could kill you," offered Pon'i. He wasn't even trying to keep a straight face, which was a rarity. He looked at Gaul fondly. "But I suppose getting you working again would help your clan and our financial situation. So if you really feel up to it, sure, we can rent some dawmere and get to the Kyrol fortress. I can see if they need anything delivered, while I'm at it."

"My lord?" Niis handed Pon'i Gaul's letters.

"Oh.." he glanced at them. "Looks like I'll be heading to Raveran, then, after this trip. You need help walking?" He was excited. It was going to be nice, heading back to the grayskins and hauling letters to and fro. And Sharess, it was good to see Gaul conscious again.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 pm

"I would sure like to see you try with her on my side." he smiled as he held up Thun in front of him.

Letter her back on the floor, Gaul stood up shakily. "A little help would be nice." Gaul said as he put his hand on Poni's shoulder. He didn't put all his weight on him, he just needed the support to get steady. "Unless you have business in Raven, you don't have to take this one." Gaul said as started to walk out of the apartment. "I'll see you later Niis." "Bye my lord." She bowed and he reached over and messed up her hair with a hand. Causing Niis to blush and chuckle again while pushing his hand away.

He had to admit the little elf was growing on him.

Out side was such a breath of fresh air for Gaul. He felt relived to get out of the apartment and away from Dini. But he couldn't help one last look at the roof tops. Thinking about her sobbing up there brought him down notch again. Some things need time he guessed.

"Where are the Stables from here?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 pm

"Stables?" Pon'i usually walked. "I'll have to ask. The only ones I know of are in the Kyorl fortress. But here." He pulled out his floater, a trusty little device that folded up when not being used. At the sight of it, Thun crawled down into Pon'i's arms.

"Heh. She's used to it," Pon'i explained. It looked like a large disc. In the very center was a bar that served as a handle. Pon'i demonstrated, squatting on the disk while keeping a hold on the handle. He gripped Thun in the other arm. The disk simply hovered a few inches above the ground. Pon'i pulled it up until he was eye level with Gaul.

"Pump some mana in and it floats. I use wind sorcery to move it around, but I can nudge it for you." He dropped his voice to a whisper. "This is how I manage to make it from Chel to Raveran so quickly. There are a couple of shortcuts that are only possible with this thing." Going to normal voice, he continued, "When I first got Itoh, I put another slave on this. I had to pump in the mana, but it worked OK. Poor thing wasn't able to walk as well as you can." ((He actually did! Perhaps we'll meet that slave sometime - he works at the spa Pon'i mentioned.))

((Here is a VERY old pic of Pon'i on his floater... lol don't laugh too hard at the crappy "art!" http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/ ... w/Poni.jpg ))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm

"Hmm. I suppose this will do." Gaul said as he almost forgot about Poni's neat little flying disk. So that's how he pulls it off, short cuts too small for large caravans but still large enough for people, Interesting. "Unlike a human, I can still pull mana duty." despite the rough condition his body in, his mana wasn't a problem for him.

Climbing aboard, Gaul tried to share it as best as he could with Poni. Sitting felt good. The way to the Fortress was uneventful... thankfully, the last thing he needed to meet with was the Volzz or God forbid a Sharns knight to be the end of him.

"I going to be a while." Gaul said with a grunt as he hopped off the disk. "A few days or even a month... I'm going to spend most of my time convincing my clan on who I am, how I got here and what happened. There going to keep me until I convinced them I'm well in body and spirit." He hated to put this on Poni's shoulders to tell Dini and the others but it was something that was going to happen one way or another. "I'm not leaving you guys."

(I remember that human, Trinita treated him and Idoh back in the day. And I dont think the picture is bad, I remember it from way back too. And the Spa sounds like a good idea for the future.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:35 am

((Bless you! It's so pixelated... and I think I could do a better job on the hair now. Perhaps I ought to draw him an update when I resubmit Pon'i to the post-timeskip section.))

"Heh, thanks. Uncle made that for me. It's based on the ones we use to harvest the mushrooms. I mean, they use to harvest the mushrooms." He spoke gaily, hiding his true emotions from Gaul and himself.

The trip was completely uneventful, which was nice. But when they reached the Kyorl fortress, Gaul announced that he planned to stay for quite some time, which was unexpected. How he got here and what happened?

Pon'i was about to protest, to ask Gaul to keep the Dendal farm and Ina'isi a secret. But then he remembered that the Dendals were no longer his concern. He didn't owe them any loyalty anymore, and Gaul certainly shouldn't. So he shut the mouth that he had just opened.

"Pon'i? Pon'i Dendal?" a templar appeared. Despite being male he was pretty more than handsome, with long silver hair and feminine features. "Is that you?"

"I am Pon'i," the 'Lath said, bowing. He recognized S'van. Poor guy had a lover in Raveran a few years ago, and they gave him plenty of business.

"Cinda is heading to the overworld for a pilgrimage, and she forgot her diary. Could you meet her in Raveran and get it to her, do you think? She only left yesterday."

"Probably, if I hurry. It'll be five ada."

"I'll be right back." S'van was gone in a flash.

Pon'i turned back to Gaul. "I'll let D'ini know where you are before I leave. Plus I'll get your letters delivered. Gaul... take care of yourself, OK?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Gaul could only have guessed the look on Poni's face when he said he was staying for a while. It had to be about the ranch. Despite not having 'alliance' to the farm any more, it was still Poni's and Dini's family, and their secert is safe with him.

"Take care Poni." He clasps the olath on the should before leaving and handing him some ada for the road. On his way into the fortress he moved to the side so that a certain hurried silvered hair templar could get back to Poni.

He didn't tell Poni about this, because he didn't want him to feel worried or any guilt. But he knew he would be treated as a deserter until a letter from Raven cleared things up. Gaul wasn't tortured but he had a healthy douce of interrogation for a good solid day or two. Non of it concerned it self about the ranch, just what happened after the attack and why he's in Chel and not at his post in Raven. They didn't know or care what a 'Dendle' was.

For the next two weeks, he spent most of his time in a cell, alone with only his thoughts, a bowl of gruel and a cup of water. And when the letter did finally come in, his peers started to treat him good again. It was frightening to see them act so nice, almost like they just flipped the coin.

It was almost a three months later but he was finally able to leave compound. His body was well again, and maybe not as bulked up as he once was but he's working on it. With his usual off duty attire on. He left the compound with a small chest in hand. It was a loan from his mothers company. It had enough ada for the Poni and Dini to get themselves a new place and then some.

Knocking on the apartment door, it was answered by Uskai who blank expression and tone answered the door. "Yes." "Is Poni or Dini here?" Gaul said as he tried to listen for anybody in the house, "No they are out. May I take a message?" "Umm, yah." He handed Uskai the chest. "This is for them. Do you know when they'll be back?" "Some time in the evening." "Thanks."

When Gaul stated to leave, he didn't get a sense of well... anything from from Uskai. He certainly gives Poni a run for his money when it come to showing no emotions.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 am

((Three months, huh? *eye twinkle* I've had this plot twist in mind for about that long!))

It was not in Uskai's nature to show emotion, even when he was alone. But after Gaul had left, Uskai almost smiled. In the chest was more than enough to cover D'ini's great gamble. And that was beside her silly wager with Pon'i.

Uskai allowed himself to think of the last time he smiled - it was at Pon'i's mother. One of Chel's many benefits was the ability to spend time with her son. He had her compassion and impulsive nature. Uskai would have chuckled to himself if he ever did that sort of thing. As it was, Uskai showed no emotion whatsoever as he stepped out the door, locking it firmly behind him.

D'ini was in her office. Uskai stood quietly at the door until Niis noticed and cleared her throat.

"Yes Niis? Oh, Uskai! Is your shift up?"

"No, my lady, your wait is up. I believe Pon'i owes you two crescent ada." A single spark danced in Uskai's right eye and was gone in a second. D'ini saw it and smiled. It was the closest Uskai ever came to smiling, and he did it every two years or so. "Gaul brought enough money to cover the apartment rent, as well. I told him you would return this evening."

"This evening? It's going to be impossible to concentrate for the rest of the afternoon," she commented, looking ruefully at the papers on her desk.

"I can keep the place open, my lady," Uskai offered. He was pretty sure he remembered the basics.

"I'll help him," Niis added.

D'ini still looked uncertain. "My lady," said Uskai. "You're right. there's absolutely no reason at all to try to concentrate. You've waited a long time and risked quite a bit for this. Go to Pon'i's spa and get a massage. We will take care of things here. We have never let you down yet, my lady."

"You're right." She sounded relieved. "Thank you."

D'ini waited outside the apartment door. She hoped Gaul would recognize her... her hair had been dyed for a month. It was now a pale yellow with streaks of reddish orange. Stupid Chelean traditions dictated she either cut it or hide it, and she chose the latter. It was tightly compressed into three buns.

He was back. Pon'i had been wrong - Gaul hadn't been killed or banished or made to shovel dawmere shit for a decade. He was back. She was in a kind of girlish excitement, waiting. He was back...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:11 pm

(That long huh, I'll try to make it good then)

He almost didn't return to this place. Gaul wasn't sure why their was a hesitation. He had to force himself to come back. Maybe he was unsure of himself... maybe he wasn't sure if he had it in him any more to love any one past his daughter. How many times did he ask himself that?

When he reached the top of the stairs. He found the will to go froward and didn't stop until he came face to face with Dini. Despite her new hair color, he recognized her. How could Gaul ever forget her. He found himself excited in her presence.

He wore the neck lass she weaved from her hair. It shinned brightly on his black clothing along with his ada eyes. The only thing different, was the silver caps at the ends, so that they could be hooked together rather then be tied.

He stood there for a moment, looking into her grey eyes for three heart beats. "I'm sorry for taking so long." he said sincerely "I want to apologise for kissing you when we last met. It was rude of me. Its just... I didn't know how to say, I thought I'd never see you again, and it was good to see you." Saying this to Dini was a load off his chest but he still wanted to say more to her, but a nought in this throat prevented him and he still didn't know what Dini thought.
Last edited by django on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:50 pm

He wore the necklace. She was thrilled. His words confused her a little, though. It wasn't the kiss that bothered her, it was the presumption behind it. Even now, she wasn't completely sure she loved him... but she did know she had forgiven him. For right now, that was enough.

She reached out and touched his shoulder. "After you'd been gone for a few weeks, Pon'i thought you had probably been killed. He worked all his grayskin contacts for information, and after two months, he gave up altogether. He hasn't delivered anything for a Kyorl in a long time. But it's all right. We manage to keep him busy."

Her eyes sparkled. "Come with me, there's something I want to show you." But instead of leading him into the apartment, she led him outside and toward the market. Most of the stalls were closed, but a few places kept late hours. She navigated the roads easily. As they walked, she opened up a little more. "I was worried, but I had faith you would return. I'm... sorry for slapping you. I was a lot more fragile then. Life has gotten better in the past three months."

They rounded a corner and suddenly it was clear why D'ini looked like her old self. Her very old self: a sign beside the pale yellow tent read "closed: Dendal Mushrooms." D'ini beamed. "My office."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern