Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Farm (Privet)

Re: The Farm (Privet)

Postby django » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:43 am

"I will let you know when I get one, and thank you Yarri." Gaul said as Yurri took her leave. And without much surprise to him she didn't give him an answer but he did manage a small smile for Peeta as they left the room.

Drinking the last of his wine, Gaul pondered were Dini could be at this moment. He thought about staying here till she returned but he couldn't stop thinking about her and he couldn't help himself but go out a look. So he started to make his way towards Ina'isi's place.

When he reached Ina'isi's building, he could hear somebody singing. That must be Uskai Gaul thought to himself. Dini was right, he really is a good singer. So he waited for the song to end before knocking on the door. He'd hate to interrupted anything.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:11 am

"Blood!!!"

"Ill'haress, no!"

"I smell blood at the door!!! Blood for Ina'isi!!!" Gaul had some warning in the form of the yelling and sounds of scuttling before the door burst open and he saw Ina'isi, looking bad. Her fangs protruded and she was panting slightly. She was wearing the necklace he got her, but she showed no sign that she recognized Gaul as the giver. She showed no sign that she recognized Gaul as anything but a meal. Uskai and D'ini both ran after her, but they were still a few feet away...

"Uskai, I have blood here!" she said before lunging at Gaul's throat.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 am

The door violently swung opened as the drider lunged at him. Gaul had no time to think on it, he stuck his hand into her mouth and grabbed ahold of her tongue, while his other hand went for his belt. Even as she violently thrashed him for it, hammering Gaul with her fists and clawing at him with her nails, he refused to let go.

Her jaws were strong but were not up to the task of taking on forged steel gantlets, but his hand was taking some punishment as he struggling for life. It seemed they went on like this forever but it truly only lasted for a few brief moments.

Ina'isi started to slow, her arms started to go limp, as her body could no longer could get the air it needed. And only when the drider stopped moving, did he let go of her now swollen and black tongue. Gaul was a beaten and bloody mess. His cloths were torn up and one eye swollen over from a heavy blow. There was blood everywhere and to everyone that caught sight of the fight, was too horrified to say anything about it.

Gaul looked down at the bloody and slightly bent dagger in his hand, remebering how he stabbed it into Ina'isi over and over again. How many times? he couldn't have guessed. But he felt suddenly sick, as fell to the pavement.

When he next woke up, Gaul was in a bed. Covered in stitches and wrapped in bandages. He hurt every where, especially his head. His body never hurt so bad in his life. Even breathing hurt. He tired sit up but the pain in his chest from his broken ribs only caused him to cry out and puke; causing him to hurt so bad, it knocked him out.

If it wasn't for some kind soul to clear the vomit from his mouth and throat he would have choked and died right there.

Gaul wasn't sure how long he was out but he could remember coming in and out of a coma. All he could do was groan "Hello..."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:45 pm

((It was funny. Pon'i knew what he was going to do about this immediately, but D'ini took a long time to figure out. Then Uskai, and finally Niis made up her mind.))

"You're awake?!" It was Niis. She looked relieved to see him. "Don't move if it hurts. At least that's what the healer said. I was terrified; I thought you would die of starvation. Do you want some porridge?"

The room Gaul was in was small, with a bunk bed, a larger bed in the corner, and the cot he was on. A few beautiful kimonos were hung around the room as decoration. The only other luxury was a beautiful ceiling lamp, which glowed peacefully overhead.

"I can't let him die!"

"He killed her!!"

"I can't let him die, D'ini! Don't try and stop me!" She had never seen Pon'i this way. Usually he was unflappable as Uskai, who she strongly suspected of being his biological father. He was desperate, wild, teeth bared.

"He killed Ina'isi!!" The poor, insane, beautiful woman she loved was already gone, her aura dispersed. How much of her mind had dispersed long ago? Was she at peace? What could D'ini do now? She had let him in, taken responsibility for this grayskin, and now he had killed the one reason her family gave her to exist. He had killed Ina'isi, and with this act both freed and imprisoned her.

"I realize that!" Pon'i attempted to heave the unconscious suu to his own shoulders. The only reason he was successful was the adrenaline in his veins.

"Where are you going to take him? Your quarters? We'll be able to sniff you out, you know!" D'ini felt faint from Thun'der's stench. She allowed herself to sink to her knees. "Ina'isi..." Gently, she closed the drider's multiple eyes, tried to poke the horrible swollen tongue into her mouth. "I should kill him for this."

"I know." Pon'i was already struggling, heading to the stairs that led out of the compound. "So should I. I'll never be able to see my home again. Sharess!!" he was crying, sobbing, so unlike himself. He was always so composed. He buckled under Gaul's weight, but didn't quite fall.

Uskai stepped over Ina'isi's body. "Here. I will help you." Unemotional as always, he lifted Gaul's legs. "I suggest we move him outside, and then come back for Ina'isi."

Pon'i didn't look up. "What will we do with her?"

"We will bury her outside the compound." D'ini realized she was the one speaking. "She... always wanted to see the city she 'ruled.' Is there a place near Raveran?"

"I know a good one," Pon'i said simply.

"Then that is what it shall be," D'ini replied.

Indeed the place was beautiful. It was high, and the lights of Raveran shown prettily below. Uskai was gifted with earth sorcery, and dug the grave. As an epitaph he carved "Here lies Ina'isi Val'Dendal, Second generation, Ruler of Raveran."

Pon'i was composed again. It was reassuring to see him and Uskai both being calm in such circumstances. D'ini felt calm enough to ponder her own fate.

"I will tell Yarri about this," Pon'i said. "It was me that first showed Gaul to the compound. I have a client base that is strong enough to survive on my own, and I can live without... my own name. I'll take him to Chel, settle down there."

"I took responsibility for the greyskin. I need to be the one to tell her." She didn't look up, only stared at Ina'isi's grave. She felt a hand on her shoulder.

"You will be killed." She didn't know if it was Pon'i or Uskai talking.

"No. Mother will be thrilled. She often said that grandmother was a wrench in the works." D'ini felt nothing. It was a little blissful, to not feel emotion. That odd mound of dirt covered the once-living empress of Raveran... Nothing. She had nothing left. Besides an interesting grayskin with beautiful eyes. If he lived. If she didn't kill him. Ina'isi, stabbed to death in her own home for something that she didn't realize was wrong...

He would be her lover or the victim of her vengeful rage. She didn't know which. "I will free Niis in Raveran, and then I'm coming with you."

((And yes, I know that Niis is with Gaul now.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm

((No worries, I got the idea that Niis would stick around.))

"Water. Please." Gaul looked at her and shook his head gently.

He laid back and stared at the ceiling and just before he started to wonder where the hell he is, Niis came back with a cup of water. She tilted his head and poured the water gently into his mouth. Two more cups later and Gaul began to get his scenes back... as well as his hunger. So he did take her up on the offer on the porridge after, but only a little. He was afraid his body might reject so much at one.

"What happened Niis? Were are we?" His question seemed to trouble Niis as she shrunk back and looked at the floor. It took a moment for Niis to gather herself and tell him what happened.

Gaul was shocked and speechless. He killed Ina'isi, and in doing so he damned both Poni and Dini. Gaul didn't care at the moment that he was in a coma for almost two weeks or how much pain he is in. Sharess what has he done. "Chel? Were in Chel." He thought he smelled something familiar. Chel was unmistakable compared to Raven.

"Does my clan know... Does the shining mussel know I'm not dead." Gaul voice got stronger all of a sudden, "Yes me lord, yes. Lady Dini and Master Poni have taken care of it."

That was a relief. When Templars and Wardens go missing, places tend get turned inside out and burned... he would hate to see anyone get killed over his disappeared. The Shinning Mussles was a different issue, it was still a chance for him to give Dini and Poni something back. Although he did imagine Yanti is livid over his sudden disappearance. "I need to make a couple of letter Niis."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:48 am

"What happened, Niis? Where are we?" Niis shuddered.

"It was so dark... but I stayed with you. When they buried Ina'isi." He had carried her, like a child, to the lights. She was by no means going to leave him.

In Raveran, Pon'i worked his Kyorl contacts to get Gaul a good healer. Contacts were necessary because D'ini refused to release Gaul to the Kyorls. It took Pon'i a long time to negotiate treatment without keeping Gaul in the compound. In the meantime, D'ini had her own idea: to set Niis free.

"My lady. I have served you for so long..."

"Long enough. I free you."

"Then I will accompany you as a free woman."

As soon as Gaul was stabilized, they joined a caravan to Chel. She and Uskai took turns keeping Gaul hydrated as well as possible. The apartment was tiny but in a good part of town, controlled by the Sargress. Pon'i was out delivering messages, and D'ini was researching business. Pon'i had enough capital to make a small start if they were wise and lucky.

Niis helped Gaul sit up and handed him paper and pen. She wondered if Pon'i would be the one to deliver these messages.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Sitting up was an experience just by its self. He didn't hurt nearly as much as he did when he first woke up, but he was still tender. He also noticed his stitches were gone too.

He kept the letters simple and straight to the point. One for his Mother and the other for Yanti. Telling them that he is alive and will stay in contact with them as much as possible while recovering from his injuries. His mother may not have ever admitted it but she did care for him in her own cold way, and she deserved to know that he was at least still alive.

Sealing them up with in candle wax and marking it with his signet ring, Gaul look up at Niis and said. "Niis I'm sorry for what happen to you and the Dendles... I didn't mean for any of this to happen. And I wont forget what you did for me." He took Niis hand and looked at her with soft eyes. "Thank you, for everything."

Niis shied away from his face a little. "It... It wasn't your fault me lord. Lady Ina'isi... can be wild and." Niis went quite for the moment as she stood up. "Its nice not to worry any more." She took the letters and left him alone for the moment.

Gaul couldn't help but think about Dini and Poni. What did they think about this. Did they hate him? Why did Dini refuse to hand him over to the Kyorls? So many unanswered question. All he wanted to do was plead to Dini for forgiveness.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 pm

((Sorry it's been so long! Found my first kidney stone via ct scan a week ago, and I've been alternately sleepy, fine, and feeling blinding pain. More frustratingly, there's no discernible pattern as to when I'm going to feel what, and no way of predicting how long I'll feel that way. I may have to stop this post in two sentences. Fun, huh?))

D'ini was in the thick of the Klarbol Market. The ever-changing status of the place led her to believe that managing such chaos would be easily profitable. Perhaps a troup of guides? The street urchins would probably know better than anyone where things were, and be grateful for whatever small amount of money she provided. On the other hand, earning their loyalty would be tricky. Chances were very good they would simply take her money and promises and run.

She spent a week like this, looking into possibilities. Chel was more dangerous than Raveran, and it was soon apparent that bodyguards would be needed as well as guides. D'ini was in another brainstorming session when Niis came up and approached her without bowing. Good.

"My lady, he... he's awake. He asked me to deliver some letters to Raveran."

D'ini grabbed the letters. Sealed with a signet ring. She shamelessly tried to see inside, but all she could make out was a few words. She burned with something - she wasn't sure if it was relief or anger. "Thank you, Niis. We'll leave these for Pon'i." She got up and hurried back to the apartment.

She arrived and didn't lay the letters down in Pon'i's usual spot. Instead she strode straight to the bedroom she shared with Pon'i, the servants and Gaul.

She suddenly didn't want to go in. She was "incognito" in peasant clothes: a simple brown skirt and dirty-looking white tunic. She learned quickly that rich kimonos marked her as a target. Her hair was hidden - stupid Chelean traditions! - under a scarf-like thing that also hid her neck. But perhaps he should see what he reduced her to. Freed her to?

She had thought of nothing but this moment for weeks, but she wasn't ready. She removed the scarflike thing but strode into the room as proudly as possible.

He looked small, weak. How could such a small, weak thing kill Ina'isi? Before he could say or do anything, she slapped him - hard - across the face. Then she backed away, gasping, not knowing what she should do or how she felt.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:29 am

(Ouch Bam. I know a few people who have suffered from kidney stones. Hope you get better.)

Being alone in the room for the moment, Gaul began to notice how much weight and muscle mass he lost. If he had a mirror to look at, he would see that he lost about ten to fifteen pounds and had several new, thin scars on his body. All the stitches were gone and his bruises healed up. It was a small price to pay for fighting a mad drider.

But what would it take to kill him? Did his dead wife make a deal with Sharess to keep him here to suffer or maybe hell wouldn't take him until he filled out a few more vacancies. The fuck if I know.

Suddnely the door opened in the apartment and that brought him out of his brooding, and made him realize that he was naked except for a blanket at his waist. When Dini entered the room and strode towards him, Gaul was speechless and didn't know what to say to her. Then there was a resounding *slap* and a stinging pain on his face. He felt angry at first, but then he realized it was his mistake that started this mess. Going to the Dendles ranch and try to help Ina'isi. He knew what she was and he was foolish to think he could help. If he never show up, Dini and Poni wouldn't have to leave the ranch...

There was a moment of silence before Gaul spoke with tears rolling down his face. "I didn't mean to kill your grandma Dini." He slowly got on his knees, while making sure the blanket still covered him. "Please don't forgive me Dini... I want to make it up to you... I didn't mean to ruin your life like this. I owe you and Poni, and Niis better then this."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:09 am

Oh Sharess. He was crying. Oh sweet Sharess....

D'ini was torn between feelings of pity and disgust. Those beautiful eyes were overflowing for her sake. But then, crying like a child? Even Pon'i had managed to stay dry-eyed! Of course, he would, she chided herself. Like Uskai, Pon'i had a business mask that enabled him to hide his emotions valiantly.

She found an inaccuracy, and seized upon the detail. "Uskai's with us, too." Her weight was suddenly too much for her to bear, and she hurried to sit on her bed. "It's not so bad. Here I'm free, and there is... solace in trying to discover life on your own." She found herself unable to look at him. Perhaps she was hoping he wouldn't look at her. She cast her gaze around and it fell on Niis, who was kneeling respectfully in the slave position. "Niis, you know you don't have to sit like that."

"I do, my lady. But... and you have told me I may speak freely... I find it comforting to remind you of your status." Niis spoke with eyes closed, head slightly bowed. "Within the walls of your own chamber, your status has not changed. Mine has, but not yours." The last words were spoken with a hint of irony and a matching smile.

D'ini sighed, but she was smiling. It was fairly common for Niis to insist she dress up in her beloved kimonos and act like a lady inside the tiny apartment. Details. Details were the key to business, and what would keep her sane. They were what kept her sane for the past decade. That and her beautiful kimonos, which now hung for everyone to enjoy.

"All right. Fetch me some of our finest water. And some for him, while I decide what to do with him." Finest water! Ha! She turned to Gaul. She had no idea what to do or say.

"How... are you feeling?" it was clumsy, but honest. She would get the details now, and sort our her feelings later.

((Feeling better, not out of the woods yet, but better!))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Gaul sat on the cot and wiped his tears, after Dini took a seat of her own. And he couldn't help but notice Dini was trying not to look at him, and in some way, that hurt him.

"How... are you feeling?" That question caught him by surprise. He slowly raised his head and looked at her. "I'm... been better. I do remember waking up before this. I was covered in stitches and bandages. Then I remember sitting up and blacking out from pain." He felt a cold shiver crawl across his body, as if his body remembered details he didn't. Like vomiting and almost choking on it. "Then I woke up here. Lost, hungry and naked."

When Niis returned with a tray with cups and a water jug, she also brought along a change of clothing for Gaul. Something he was grateful to see. "Thank you." he said as he took the clothing. Standing up Gaul looked at Dini and Niis "Do you mind?". Niis's face went red as she turned around just hear the blanket fall to the floor.

Having clothing again was nice, he didn't feel like a Sullisin'rune with two ladies in the room. They were similar to the ones he wore to the Dendle ranch, plain black. "So what do you want to do with me?" Gaul said as he sat at the edge of the cot, closest to Dini. "Do you still want me in your life? I want to be with you Dini." His ada eyes looked into grey eyes. "But I would understand if thats no longer possible."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:12 pm

((OK, I had no idea what to type until D'ini said "I get a free show, damnit." Poor Gaul... but it really helped her make up her mind!))

When Niis returned with water and clothing, D'ini found herself a little irritated. Did she mind? Of course she minded! In her opinion, she deserved a quick show. Fortunately, Gaul was paying more attention to Niis' blush and didn't seem to notice her peeking.

Sweet Sharess, he was scarred! All over, his body covered with crisscrossing lines of pale flesh. Between that and his emaciated state, he looked like a slave. But even the worst treated slaves she had seen looked better than this. There was more scar tissue than actual skin on his chest, his broad shoulders. How many fights had he been involved in? How many other, equally insane people had he defended himself from? Did he even see Ina'isi, or did he see the face of some other attacker? A drowolath? A demon? Something from the Nid wars, someone who had killed his mate?

He addressed her, but it took her a moment to realize he was talking. "...want to be with you Dini. But I would understand if that's no longer possible."

His eyes were beautiful, troubled. "I understand. I won't... I mean... you acted on instinct." She dropped her eyes to her own hands, unblemished. "You are badly scarred. I'm... glad I didn't lose both of you." She hadn't realized it until she said the words. Gaul seemed to bring that out in her...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 am

(lol, poor Gaul. Eye candy.)

Gaul sat close to Dini ask she spoke. Almost not catching what she had just said about his body. 'So she did look.' He thought to himself. He wasn't thinking about this exact moment he stood there getting dressed, but as far as he knew he was naked from the whole trip to Chel. For some strange reason he couldn't help but smile a little... lots of time for a peek.

He cupped her chin with his hand, turned her head slightly, and kissed her lips.

It was simple and passionate. One that he thought he would never give her again. When it was done he said "You don't have to say it right now... Give it some thought." he thought about getting out of the house, but his legs didn't feel like they were up to do anything that strenuous. He just wanted to give Dini some space. Suddnely he was unsure at the moment if kissing her was something she enjoyed or something she'll smack him for again. He should have thought this throu a little more... Damn it, he thought to himself, as he couldn't help but kiss her again and lower her to the bed.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 pm

((I've been offering D'ini alternatives, but no... she's quite determined. Gaul didn't get that second kiss in, though, sorry.))

Don't have to say it? Don't have to say it?! Gaul barely had time to realize that kissing her might earn him another slap when her hand indeed struck him on the face.

"Just because I'm glad you're not dead doesn't mean I love you!" she sounded slightly insane. Tears blurred her eyes. Stupid male! Did he think he could waltz into her life, turn it upside down, and then make her his?

And why under earth did such an idea make her feel... the exact opposite of the way it should make her feel?

She pulled herself up to full height. Had he really tried to pull her onto the bed? Or did she just hope he had? Hope?! Didn't she mean get angry because he tried? She was angry. She was angry at him, and she was angry at herself. She was angry at Chel, and angry at the situation, and angry in general. "Niis, you are not allowed to kill him," she ordered as she stalked from the room.

Oh goddess. She wasn't even going to pretend to herself that she was really talking to Niis. She grabbed the shawl from the table and wrapped it around her head and neck without breaking stride. She was in tears before she opened the door, and hurried down the apartment hall. The roof was a fairly private location, and she went there to weep.

Niis turned to Gaul. "My lord?" she whispered. "Don't despair. She asked me to give this to you." In her open palms was the pendent Uncle had made for Gaul. The original adamantium chain was gone, replaced by a braided strand of what looked a little like spider silk, only thicker. Niis was smiling. "Just wait a little longer, my lord."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:29 am

D'ini slapping him again was a wake up call. He knew what he was doing when he did it, but he didn't care until she rejected him... 'You earned that you stupid fuck.' he heard himself say as he watched D'ini leave. Tears almost rolling down her cheeks.

What the hell am I thinking. Was he always this horrible, did he only ever think about himself. He wished and he bet she did too that Ina'isi killed him... How could he do this to D'ini.

Niis woke him up from dark thoughts as she handed him back the pendent 'Uncle' gave him. It was modified, now with a braid of thick looking silk instead of the metal chain. "I don't know Niis." Gaul said somberly as shakily got up and put his belt and Gauntlets on. "I just don't know about this any more."

"Me lord wait please." The little elf cut in front of him and took him gently by the arm. "Miss D'ini has been going through a really rough time... please, please wait." Niis gentleness and soft eyes is what stopped Gaul more then anything... he was so tried of getting hit over and over.

"Niis. These wall are closing in on me-" He blew out a sigh as he felt his legs suddenly giving out from under him, causing him to almost fall to the floor but thankfully Niis caught him and helped him onto the cot. Gaul didn't realize it but he was pushing his body so hard and so long, he didn't realize how drained it really left him.

He laid there, again staring up into the ceiling, small sweat drops forming on his head. He felt so weak and helpless.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern