Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Farm (Privet)

The Farm (Privet)

Postby django » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Its hard for Gaul not to look back at his old life and compare it to now. Sure he still patrolled the streets, keeping it clean of tainted, demons and crime. But he soon found himself being part time owner of a brothel and making small trade with the Dendles. All this seemed to have happened roughly after he rescued his friend Poni from Idohs old owners

Gaul stood over and watched the slaves and workers work farm one of the many fields they had here. He was more welcomed here, then the last time he visited. Gaul dressed more casually this time instead of his full templar gear, plain black chain shirt, shield strapped to his back, his gladius on his belt and gauntlets with the sealer stone sockets. Perhaps that eased tensions a little, cant say he blames them, seeing a templar out here would usally mean bad things are going to happen.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: The Farm (Privet)

Postby Bamawing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:01 am

D'ini was feeling full and drowsy from lunch. Ina'isi had recovered as much as she ever would from her "episode" a few weeks ago. For now the clan matriarch was peacefully sleeping off mushroom sandwiches. All was well.

D'ini surveyed her small realm from a window in the cliff face. The Dendal compound was a long, narrow canyon fitted with ladders and stairways. The vertical mushroom fields were below. She hoped the crop would support Yarri's new outpost. Pon'i was involved with getting that somehow. She wasn't sure of the particulars. Odd little tiktiki, her nephew.

Speaking of Pon'i, did she see what she thought she saw? Again?! This had BETTER be the same grayskin. Muttering curses, D'ini strode to the door, her kimono swirling around her ankles.

Gaul did receive a friendlier welcome on his second visit. Just not much friendlier. D'ini spoke to him directly this time. "Who are you and how did you find this place?" She was exactly as tall as he, with the same gray eyes that Pon'i had. Her eyes were narrowed in suspicion. If Pon'i had brought a second Kyorl into the compound, he was going to take Uskai's place as Ina'isi's favorite slave!
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 am

Gaul remembered this Olath from the last time he visited. How could he forget, the first meeting with that drider was pretty hair raising by itself. Poni called her D'ini, at least he hopped he remembered that right, first impressions were important after all.

"My name is Gaul and Poni showed me here." he said as he turned to the lady. "Are you D'ini? I'm here to talk you about the trading with the Shinning Mussel. I believe Poni might have mention something. "
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:22 pm

D'ini's eyes narrowed further. Pon'i was behind this, sure enough. Was the little cat-toting fool now giving out maps? If her eyes got any narrower, they would be shut.

"I am D'ini," she said, being sure to ice her voice. "My daughter, Ninda, usually handles new accounts. I'm surprised Pon'i didn't direct you to her." On the other hand, the Ssu was here now. No sense in turning away a paying customer. Not to mention possibly angering the greatest clan in Raveran. She could handle the particulars of a new account herself and kill her nephew later. This thought softened both her voice and her gaze.

"I think I have some copies of the paperwork in my private quarters." Her tone was less icy, but far from friendly. It was businesslike and brusk. "We Dendal don't usually do business in our compound. But I suppose I can make one exception." She gave a rather cold invitation toward a lovely door: metal with wooden inlay.

She wondered if this was indeed the same person Pon'i had brought before. Grayskins all looked the same to her. But she didn't know how to ask without making it look like plenty of people knew the compound's location. She settled on honesty.

"I'm going to have a... talk with Pon'i on this. But in the meantime, do come in - and I... ask you to keep our location in confidence." Oh yes. Pon'i was going to be chained to Ina'isi's bedroom wall when she saw him again. Ina'isi would like that.

((D'ini isn't particularly good with social skills. Babysitting a half-sane drider for a few decades will do that to you.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Gaul was taken a little aback from all the cold stares he's been receiving from this woman. Thankfully Gaul managed to keep his cool. He did begin to wonder if he heard Poni wrong, maybe he was suppose to see someone else like D'ini said. 'Oh well he's gone this far, he might as well see it through.' he thought to himself.

Before Gaul entered the privet chambers, he kicked off any dirt on his boots on the door matt. "Please lady D'ini, don't blame Poni for me being here. I take it he did not tell you why he disappeared into Raven without Thunder for that week end." He stood there for a moment watching her reaction. He had a feeling Poni didn't explain everything to his family. He can't blame the man, it wasn't pleasant experience for him.

If she would let him, Gaul would explain his side of the story "...(Gaul tells a honest telling of Rescue Poni, minus the blood and sex of course)... And that why I came with him here that day, I had to make sure he made it home after all that hes been though. I'm sorry my presence has upset the Dendles. I told Poni I would keep this place a secret as long as the Dendle don't practice demon worship, I will keep this place my secret.", he never wanted anything out of the Dendles from the start of it. The only thing Gaul got out of it was helping an unlikely friend in dire need.

"I've been instructed by Lady Yutani, Maddam of the Shinning mussel, to give you this list." he handed her two scrolls sealed with candle wax. "This one is an order for mushrooms, and this scroll is asking partner ship. Yutani, is wondering if the Dendles are interested in a long term dealing with the Shinning mussel."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:52 pm

((If you don't like what's in the letters, lemme know and I'll change it.))

"Please lady D'ini, don't blame Poni for me being here. I take it he did not tell you why he disappeared into Raven without Thunder for that week end."

D'ini raised a single eyebrow and did not reply. Pon'i had told her, but she loved to listen to stories. It was the biggest and maybe the only advantage to tending Ina'isi. But what an advantage it was, on her good days! The grayskin told the story well, although she expected he left out the juicy parts. No problem. It was probably out of respect for her position. When she realized he was the same person Pon'i brought in earlier, she visibly relaxed.

"As long as the Dendle don't practice demon worship, I will keep this place my secret."

Well, that was a small amount of freedom gone. On the other hand, Pon'i had whacked a hornet's nest with this Selis person. D'ini had no idea how far his empire of information reached. Having the protection of the Kyorls meant some loss of freedom, and it wasn't like they planned to worship any demons anyway. She nodded regally to... Etoh, was it? No, that was the human. Gall or something like that.

"Thank you for explaining," she said. "I'm very bad with faces, and I thought perhaps Pon'i was getting into the habit of letting people know where we are. And thank you- even more- for saving his life." The same eyes that had been so cold were far warmer now, shining with otherwise unexpressed emotion. Her face remained businesslike.

Gaul returned to business, and D'ini relaxed further. This was something she hadn't done in years, but it was welcome. It reminded her of the old days, when she toted the mushrooms up to the Raveran market and sold them herself. She was so much younger, then.

"We are always interested in long term deals," she replied, opening the second scroll first. For the first time, a small smile graced her features. The letter simply proposed a long-term business relationship. It mentioned Gaul's name, to D'ini's relief. She could hear a name a million times and still forget it, but when she saw it written, it was instantly engraved in her mind.

The first scroll asked for 100 mushrooms, with the possibility that this could be a weekly order. Small, but she supposed that a brothel would be more interested in serving snacks than full meals. "Usually, 100 mushrooms is 30 ada, which includes local shipping. We knock 5 ada off contract orders. But you saved Pon'i. And... hey." She looked up at Gaul. "Aren't you the 'Kyorl Ambassador' that kissed poor Ina'isi's hand?"

When Gaul indicated the affirmative ((I'm assuming he's not going to deny this... please, PLEASE let me know if he wants to and I'll change this, I'm not trying to control your character.)), D'ini sighed. "All right, 17 ada, and don't tell my mother." Now she was truly smiling. "You really made her day. She still wants to know when you're coming back, so she can give the Kyorl Ill'haress some mushrooms."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:05 am

(No worries Bam :) its all good.)

He could feel whatever tension she had for him slowly left the room, and he is thankful for it. He was surprised... very surprised to see that she gave him any sort of deal.

"Yes... that was me." He could not help but blush and smile little. Its hard not to remember a crazy drider like that. "I'm the Kyorl Ambassador."

It was after that, when she said she told him she would drop it down to 17 ada instead of the 25, it was hard for him not to hide his surprise from his face; especially his blue eyes. What would Yanti think of him when he shows her how much he got out of it, hope she did not think he did anything... wild with some of the Dendles.

He couldn't help but smile back at her, it was contagious "Then it will be between you and me." He said as he pulled out the ada "In a small token of my appreciation, please take this payment in advance."

"I didn't expect to leave such an impression with her Majesty. I don't know, I don't want to intrude your business any more then I have already have." He couldn't imagine what this woman has to go though with this drider but a big part of him felt sorry for her. "Would it help you out, if I did?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 pm

He even paid up front! Yes, this was a business contract that D'ini could appreciate. She didn't have a lockbox in her quarters, so she carefully placed the ada on top of the letters. The contract forms were in this desk drawer, right...?

"I didn't expect to leave such an impression with her Majesty. I don't know, I don't want to intrude your business any more then I have already have... Would it help you out, if I did?"

Yes, there were the forms. She pulled them out. "What do you mean? Something to do with Ina'isi?" Sharess, if this guy was willing to see her again, mother wouldn't be angry about 17 ada for 100 mushrooms...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:56 am

Gaul nodded "Yes Ina'isi, The drider." He went though his a pocket and pulled out with a neck lass. It was a spider tapped in a round amber, with a string of black leather. It was very well preserved and made.

"I was half expecting to have a second encounter with her. So I decided to come prepared for this visit if she asked for gifts." He handed it over to D'ini for her to inspect it. "Think she would like it? I got it on the surface a long time ago from a human merchant."

"I think a few visits is the least I could do for you. You were kind for not kicking me out when I came back." He smiled warmly to D'ini, showing her there were no hard feelings between them.

(if you dont know what I'm talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber )
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:03 am

((Amber? Excellent call! http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.ph ... rs&id=1407))

"It's beautiful," she breathed. She could feel mana inside it, and infused a little more. The thing held hers as well, and seemed to indicate that it would hold much more. D'ini was impressed. Ina'isi would treasure it, on her saner days. Even on the days when she was less sane, she would probably not eat it. This itself was enough of a win-win.

She would have to get Ina'isi to let Uncle take a look at this.

D'ini forced her mind back to reality. If Ina'isi saw Gaul again, would she recognize him? How would she react? What would happen if she didn't see him again? She would probably hallucinate. That wasn't unheard of.

D'ini glanced up at Gaul. It was a warm smile. She hadn't said anything in a few minutes, and he was probably worried about her. The thought of having someone other than her servants to help with Ina'isi was... wonderful. And mother really wouldn't mind the steep discount if Gaul helped with the family matriarch/skeleton...

"Th... thank you. She will love this. Today she's even sane enough to understand it. And..." D'ini thought for a moment, trying to articulate her own thoughts. "And I would love some help with her. It takes a lot of energy to keep her sane-ish." She hesitated. She was used to ordering slaves and managing employee-family, not asking requests of acquaintances or friends. "Ina'isi should wake up from her nap in about half a cycle. Do you... want to stay?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:54 am

(Ah, Forgot about that.)

Gaul was glad D'ini said Ina'isi would love it. Even she seemed to be smitten with it. It made him feel a little bad that he did not have another one just to give it to her. "That's good to hear." He smiled back. He'll have to keep an eye out for another one the next time he goes to the surface.

It felt strange at first but in that moment of silence, he found himself looking into her eyes. She had nice grey eyes. When he found himself looking, he looked away. Gaul wasn't ashamed, he just didn't think D'ini would want a drowssus looking at her like that.

"Sure I'll stay." His eyes their way back to hers for the moment "I wouldn't have made the offer to you if I couldn't do it today." Gaul remembered how his soul mate tired to help him back in the day, and how much it took from her emotionally. If he could help D'ini with this, even just a little. Maybe he could help her get some of her life back. Although he could not compare himself to Poni's grandma. Gaul thought to himself that he didn't deserve all that love and attention, even if it made him the man he is today. "Shall we see our Ill'haress?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Something odd triggered in D'ini's memory. She remembered watching Ninda taking over her first new account. She was so proud - and relieved. There was an attractive male waiting for her then, a merchant from Chel. He eventually fathered her second daughter. Heh, must be the fact that she was handling new accounts. Odd how much that one fact would bring back.

"We shouldn't wake her. She gets cranky if she doesn't have enough rest. I'll... show you around? And I suppose you'll need some sort of identification, if you plan on making more visits here." She hesitated. "It's... really nice of you to offer. Thank you." Wait. Oh Sharess, had he offered that? Her face returned to business but her eyes betrayed her inward panic. "Or is that what you had in mind?"

It had been too long since she had been around sane people. She wasn't able to predict them like she used to.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 pm

"Fair enough, I guess identification would be a good idea. Maybe I could meet the rest of the Dendles, so I don't have to go through stranger treatment every time a meet a new family member."

Gaul's smile was slowly replaced with one of confusion as D'ini said "Or is that what you had in mind?" He wasn't sure what she meant exactly but she had her business face on again. Gaul began to wondered if he said something wrong. "What, the tour and identification?" He paused for a moment and saw something strange in her eyes, was it panic he saw? He knew panic when he saw it.

"D'ini, you don't have give me a tour or any sort of identification. I can wait here for Ina'isi to wake, or if you prefer I can take my leave." Gaul was not mad or angry with her, but was giving her a way out if she offered him more then he had a right to.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:14 am

"No... it's just... I..." Sharess, now she couldn't think. She took a deep breath. "I guess I'm just surprised you want to see Grandmother again. And you sound like you'll want to see her again after this. It's... very kind." Kindness. You didn't see that most of the time. D'ini remembered hearing a story of kindness, centuries ago, when she was just a child. Ina'isi told it, a story of her mother, and D'ini doubted if the poor drider could even remember it now.

"I'll take you to Uncle. He tends the floaters, and ought to get you some sort of ID. I don't even know what to get you... we've never had a visitor before." There might have been a few outsiders slipped in from time to time - she even caught Ninda once - but never before was someone allowed to come in who wasn't blood related. It was going to be strange for everyone. She gave Gaul an awkward smile and led the way out the door.

Uncle lived a few stories down, but on the same side of the narrow canyon. D'ini didn't bother knocking at his door. She opened it and entered, calling quietly, "Uncle? Are you home?"

"Huh?" came a voice from down a dark hall.

"Uncle? It's D'ini. I've got a... I mean..." she was interrupted by the sound of footsteps clomping up the hallway.

"Ina'isi, my lady!" said the same voice. "I'm coming!"

"It's not-"

Uncle stepped into the dim light and gawked at Gaul. He was a short man, a full head shorter than Gaul, with wild, frizzy hair. His facial expression clearly read oh my goddess. Ina'isi has been turned into a Drowussu. "What is this?" he whispered.

"Uncle, 'this' is Gaul. He's... I mean... to see Ina'isi. He's met her before, and..." oh she was terrible at this. "I'd like to get him something, maybe a gemstone, as an identification. So he can prove it's OK that he's here. Maybe something infused with my mana?"

Uncle nodded and turned to Gaul. He looked Gaul dead in the eye, as much as he could for the height difference. He stood on tiptoe, but it didn't help much. If Gaul tried to speak, he would get shushed. After a moment, Uncle turned back to D'ini. "All right. Gimme a cycle or two."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 pm

He couldn't help but smiled as D'ini stammered trying to think of something to say to him. But her question did make him think, why would anybody want to help that drider after what he saw? Why did he do the things he did to get Poni back, the only real answer he could come up with is, he wanted to help a friend and he had a driving need to help Poni out.

Gaul followed D'ini and listened to her tell him about her Uncle. It appeared the Dendles had even less contact with the outside world then he first suspected or D'ini's been out of the loop for a long time... how did they find mates, did they mingle with blood relatives mostly? He didn't think it was a good time to ask so he let that thought slide.

Waiting outside by the door, Gaul waited for this uncle character show up. "Ina'isi, my lady!" "I'm coming!" and before Gaul could wonder what was that all about, he was face to face with Uncle. "Hi-" was all he got out before he was shushed and locked stares with the short man. Thankfully Gaul wasn't in his forties or he short round would have had it out for that remark alone. "What was that about?" He looked at D'ini.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Game Tavern