Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Millenial (A DT-world based rp )

Re: Millenial (A DT-world based rp )

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am

Heh, sorry for me taking so long. Had to concentrate on my friend's sci-fi forum RPG (I'd give you links and commercials, but for some reason I don't think most of you speak finnish).

Anyway, here's some add and switch to my plans:
Artists are mostly formed from mixed blood. Nearly every member at current point is actually offspring of some previous generations. Thus, it has become a habit that people are referred as "second gen" or "fourth gen". Due to this extremely close living and certain degree of inbreeding, every person who isn't first gen is a blood relative of some level to everyone in the troupe.
Artist are nearly over-paranoid for accepting new blood to their ranks. If someone truly wants to join, he has to gain personal approval from at least three "elder" members of the troupe. After accepting, that person is assigned to work with at least two other troupe members, usually an elder and some of the younger ones. In truth, these two members will keep an eye on this new blood for 24/7. Newest member is always trained to be a major role on the stage, for simple fact: Artist on the stage can't do anything without everyone seeing it, has no reason to walk around doing stuff on own or anything else. This is to make sure new blood truly can't do anything harmful.
This "mistreatment" of not trusting the person usually lasts for three or four trips. In other words, about 20 years, at least. During this time, the person must actually prove all the time that he is trustworthy. Every job that (s)he does will be the most visible, no weapons or dangerous object, nor money is passed to him, and in all worth, all that person does is act on stage. If the act is poor, well, you're out. It's harsh, but troupe has a reputation to guard.
Most commonly Artists actually loose most of their money they gain from shows to paying to multiple guards they have. Most towns have certain "common soldiers" they trust to a degree and nearly always ask for their help to make sure nobody tries to kill them in their sleep just due to their mixed blood. It's not foolproof, and troupe is usually on high alert in any situation, making clear that they will react if you come too close and it's not daytime.

My chaotic explanation on how Artists are still kicking. So, just tell IF it's too messed up to be allowed. Then I just have to change it dramatically...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Pariel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 am

All you've put is a conscription method, not an actual reason for these people to avoid being tagged as traitors and killed. We're on wartime, so common soldiers are a luxury, not a commodity. So yeah, this isn't acceptable. It doesn't answer my question, merely adds fluff.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:20 pm

O-kay, then I have to ask for a day or two to re-think the situation. True, now that you reminded about that, explanations start to be rather scarce...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:58 am

This sounds promising
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Pariel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 am

Seems like people has lost interest. I'm willing to continue once we hit the cap. Who's still interested? (Although you'd need the approval first).
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Tiyev » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 pm

I was sort of interested but don't feel comfortable with the whole nature of these forum or chat RPs, especially if there is any Pvp interactions, where one persons posts would often be subject to reinterpretation due to willing or natural ignorance of how the action/idea was intended to be meant as, or just plan disagreement over things.

Plus I don't know what I'd do, as the only things that seem to be interesting to me are probably too unusual to get appoved like if my faction was a couple of intelligent Vel'akar (or however you spell the word for demons who control a body), or vampires which aren't even canon to the setting, or just a few badass warriors (wa'io's in Fa'sank speak) which would probably be no go if even regular soldiers are luxury.
Tiyev
Tainted

Location: The not too distant future, somewhere in time and space.

Postby Sy'rasri » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:12 pm

I am still very interested.
I was actually waiting for people to join and make a few more fractions.

Also Tiyev, I can understand the discomfort.
However it is also part of the fun. In fact, that is human interaction.
Ones person perception on your actions and words, whether they have an accurate idea of what you meant or not.
Plus, don't throw in the towel just cause you don't think your fraction will be approved.
I can tell you that my Fraction changed as I wrote it.
At first was a religious order with the ability to see the future, than it became a warrior religious order.
Than became a warrior religious order that uses martial arts.
So start with an idea and if it rejected keep working on it.
Add what you want or take away what was rejected, than try again.
Trust me, if you've done it right. You'll not only love your fraction, but it will be approved as well.

Like what if you did just have a band of warrior and one was a Vel'akar.
And the Vel'akar was the leader, but put a blindfold on so that no one will know they're a demon.
Instead using it's ability to sense mana as its way of orienting itself. And explains that it is part of its warrior training to be blindfolded.
Or you can do something else.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Tiyev » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:13 am

Funny thing is, after posting that, I had a few ideas for a couple characters who would not be over powered. I'm not sure how big this faction will be, but the leader might be this guy who like to make plans or atleast pretend to be a tactical genius, but he is definitely decent and building things, and not so terrible at inspiring and sometimes even successfully leading people.

Another member of the group is an actor of sorts and is, or was, a member of a "profession of ancient tradition," or so he says. He has some skill with disguise and deception but it ain't airtight.

And one of the biggest members of the group is this big guy who's kind of a tough guy, but sometimes like to say he sympathizes with the people he goes up against, invariably when it is himself he should worry about, as he sometimes underestimates his opponents.
Tiyev
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 am

Well, i don't really restrict personalities, merely the skill and impact a character's ability can have on its own (too much would just make the game too easy, doesn't it?).
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Tiyev » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:43 am

After posting above, I remembered the format you gave us earlier and forgot to acknowledge that I need to flesh things out more and use the when I got more for you, but its too late to edit that post without causing confusion. Also, names, and the generating of them, are going to be my first great hurdles to overcome, it seems. But I'll come up with something...
Oh and skill sets, I do need to think about those ahead of time as that's what needs to be judged for game balance...
Tiyev
Tainted

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Heh, yeah, from this direction I'd like to give out really big "SORRY"-shout if just possible in any way.

Interest is still kicking, I just had to lose my internet connection again for quite a while, and all kind of s¤&%" fell on me for that matter.

But, now I'm back to make your life a mise- I mean, to happily rejoin this game and possibility to make it a good, long one.

Oh, and also I'm going to edit bit of my faction's stuff (mostly to change into one race instead of mix-up), will be posting it up later in the day as I finish it. I apologize in advance for possible double-post I will write if nobody wants to say anything in between, I just... HATE editing posts.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sy'rasri » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:38 pm

I really think that maybe reposting might be better than just editing your post in this case.
Still that is just my preference and suggestion.
Tiyev, I am interested in reading these characters. They all sound fascinating. Since they are all males and clearly lead this group.
It would put a whole new spin on our fraction interactions.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:33 am

Faction name: Ta'bi'kkara, World Artists
Size: 8
VIP:
Zal'kar - The group leader
Tor'nai - Leading dancer

Pros: High artistic, entertainment and diplomatic skills. Great at organizing parties and happenings. Positive image to most people.
Cons: Certain pre-justice from racists due to their mixed bloods. About all fighting skills are zero or purely artistic, without any real use. Most of the members are also addicted to some mildly affecting weeds, mushrooms and other similar drugs.

Misc: Artists are a group of Vanir people traveling in their lands, specializing in many forms of entertainment all the way from fortune telling and tattoos to grand stage acts and music shows. What's rare of the group is that they even travel to certain Dokkalfar border towns during peace time to give out their arts. This is mostly out of courtesy and really old promises, as many Dokkalfar towns don't pay that much to them, and they never set up for a night inside the town in these areas if possible.
The group right now is quite old old, on 5th generation actually, and most of the members are in some way blood-related to previous members. This has caused that most members are referred with numbers as their "ranks", though misleadingly these numbers only refer to generation you are part of. If you have just joined the group and have no blood relation, you are in zero-group. Surprisingly, some of the older generations actually have Dokkafar blood in them, and thus there are small mix-bloods in the group. They tend to cover up with makeover and concealing clothing when in towns these days, however. Wartime is bad for mix-blooded.

VIP

Name: Zal'kar, 4th group
Race: Vanir
Skills:
Mana affinity, light. Trained to create magical images.
Painting
Tattoo arts
Organizing
Diplomacy

Description: Zal'kar is rather small even for a male, but surprisingly has a good, healthy and attractive body build. His hair is dyed deep-dark red, reaches down to his upper back and is usually held in loose ponytail. Has complex tribal-like tattoos made with black, white and dark red ink covering nearly his whole face. Eyes have deep-sea blue color, kind of that seems to look right into your soul. Tattoos also cover his shoulders and arms. They seem nearly hypnotic, especially when he moves his body a bit.

Zal'kar seems to be rather calm nearly all the time. His voice is smooth, calming and has a natural singer-like echo in it. Expressions are mild, but open, and nearly all the time he has understanding and caring look in his eyes. Unless you hurt any of his group. Then he will hate you for decades. Has a strong sense of duty, and takes his place and job extremely seriously, even if he is one of the youngest in the group and could normally lose his position in few weeks.

Usually wears his art clothes, which are simple brown leather pants, similar but darker boots and shoulder-open sleeveless shirt with two small straps going around his neck and holding the shirt in place. His part in the group is to create the setting for the shows with his mana arts, organize the whole thing and make sure everyone has a place to sleep. Tattoo and painting are just small part-time jobs when there's nothing big to do, but he also sells these arts to other people.

Tor'nai, 4th group
Race: Vanir with drop of Dokkalfar in
Skills:
Dancing
Singing
Artistic swordplay (no real use in combat)
Acrobatics
Mana arts, fire affinity (no combat training, just creating small fires and such)

Description: Tor'nai is lean, extremely flexible and long-necked beauty with great curves and just ravishing look. She mostly captivates many lookers with just her outward appearance, and the rest are nearly mesmerized with her singing voice. Even when in traveling gear of simple one-colored cloth shirt and pants, she is still something many people stop to watch in awe of her beauty. Her hair is long, reaching almost to her knees, colored up with nearly shining diamond blue and is usually held in complex hairstyles. Her small Dokkalfar blood shows in, however: She is taller than normal Vanir females, and her skin tone is just barely darker than you'd expect form a Vanir. Mostly she covers it up with makeup, however.

Outgoing, energetic and positive, Tor'nai doesn't usually see going near people as bad thing. She flirts almost too openly with nearly anyone who shows interest, has no real self-preservation or -protection for that matter, and most of the time some other member of the group has to be nearby to draw her away if she starts to do something stupid. Inside the group, however, she doesn't show interest to that many people: only close friendship and sister-like attitude. There are exceptions, of course, but mainstream is clear.

-----

There, on-hard-hand edited version of the Artists. With second VIP added on. If really needed, I can try to add more stuff (yeah, had to trash everything I had due to this... Basicly re-creating the whole thing next). Now, let's just see what our dear GM wants to say is wrong on this time (trust me, I'm sure there is still something that must be edited. I just feel it.)

Oh, and Sy'ra, I think I mentioned myself how I don't want to edit my posts. But well, thanks to you, there was no double-posting that I should feel guilty of (as well, mostly double-posting is considered bad on forums).
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tiyev » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:52 am

I think if you all were waiting for me to reply, you all should go ahead without me. I don't think I'll be very reliable.
Tiyev
Tainted

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm

At current point, I believe we're waiting for Pariel or someone to kick this onward. Reasonably, everyone has a lot to do all the time, so it's no wonder the game is stalling...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern