Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Millenial (A DT-world based rp )

Millenial (A DT-world based rp )

Postby Pariel » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Have you ever wanted to see how clans rise and fall?

Have ever wondered what is the right path to supremacy?

Have you ever wondered what kind of experiences leaders have to endure?

Join this game that I'm proposing to find some answers regarding that!

Millenial is perhaps my most ambitious rp game I've ever posted (at all). It involves tracking down the story of several groups (each player controlling one) during several stages of the history since the drow exile. The transition to the Underworld and the dwarven wars. The first drow wars and struggle. Rise and fall of clans. The nether. And Finally the black sun knocking at the doors (maybe).

Since this game is rather vast, I do not have a set of rules yet, so this is merely advertising (sorry) to pique interest and get some feedback.

So far I'll be the Gm and I'll handle world reactions to your groups of refugees. Do it well and you'll be rewared with more . Do it poorly and your clan suffers. Be a munchkin and your actions will be denied.

More to come.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Re: Millenial (A DT-world based rp )

Postby django » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 pm

I'll join. Haven't tried a civilization building type of Rp but I think I have a good idea.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:48 pm

I remember the last time they tried to make something like this. It got bit too grand and nobody could push it up in the line and to the sky so that game could have started.

Still, I'd gladly join, at least in effort of making this game see daylight. And if we keep things simple, I'm sure it's going to work. ^^
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Perhaps if we keep it small it will help.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Yulnaggoth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 pm

---
Last edited by Yulnaggoth on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yulnaggoth
Nether Seed

Postby Sy'rasri » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:04 am

I am interested in joining.
Though I agree that small is good.
Maybe created focus clans or refugee groups.
That way people can join a particular group or clan and thus challenge each other.

Also, I want to join since I'm very nervous about putting up a character on the character register.
Not yet anyway.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Pariel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:21 am

Okay, we all know who's not going to get his ideas accepted ever, haven't we? 8P

I don't think Taru would appreciate such a obvious pic stealing for what I would define as an "ill fated attempt to childishly try to spam a thread with silly ideas that will get nowhere".

Because, Yulnaggoth, dear, I've not even posted the inner kinks of the game, only that it is DT-setting, and if you're going off the tangent already... well It makes me laugh. XD

So, to save bandwidth, I'm going to configure the account to ignore your posts. I suggest others do to, if only to not waste loading times.

-----

Anyway, the idea of the premise is to start very small and go developing as time passes. The ideal configuration is each player fleshing out some refugees after a, for the moment unknown city, with some quirks. Quirks that would develop over time in clans, hopefully.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Sy'rasri » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 am

This sounds very interesting.
So basically each person create a character or two with a certain background?
This will be on the verge of creating a city or while the city is coming into being?
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Yulnaggoth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:04 am

Pariel wrote:Okay, we all know who's not going to get his ideas accepted ever, haven't we? 8P

I don't think Taru would appreciate such a obvious pic stealing for what I would define as an "ill fated attempt to childishly try to spam a thread with silly ideas that will get nowhere".

I'm going to ignore the pretentiousness of your post, you taking a fantasy roleplay seriously, and your belief that your fantasy ideas are somehow superior to mine.
It's a drow female. I liked the picture. Are you telling me that it's copyrighted? I'm not pretending that I drew it nor am I making any money off this. And if you want to start arguing stealing, your entire premise is stolen from dungeons and dragons.

Because, Yulnaggoth, dear, I've not even posted the inner kinks of the game, only that it is DT-setting, and if you're going off the tangent already... well It makes me laugh. XD

You define a setting as "nothing exists that hasn't been explicitly shown, with zero extrapolation". By that logic, none of these clans would exist. That's just silly. We already have:
1. Demons- an entity that corrupts people
2. The Jaal'darya spore- a mind-altering fungus
3. Canon that Moon's age races had advanced weapons (and you state that we would follow them as they retreat into the earth, putting it at the right time.)
Put the three together, and you have a strong argument for this thing's plausibility. But we shouldn't have to do that just to make a threatening enemy for the other players.

So, to save bandwidth, I'm going to configure the account to ignore your posts. I suggest others do to, if only to not waste loading times.

I didn't want to troll this. I wanted to make a threat to be overcome. But now, I just think your game wouldn't even be worth it.

Seriously guys, roleplaying is supposed to exercise the imagination. How can you stand someone dictating your world like this? This is the reason my friends left. *ooo*
Yulnaggoth
Nether Seed

Postby Tiyev » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:46 am

Yulnaggoth wrote: ... I didn't want to troll this. ...

Well, perhaps you shouldn't have named the golem virus 'Meatfucker'. It looks like a pretense to use the word 'fucker' a whole lot in one post, which, if it meant to be funny, it did give me a chuckle, but you should know it won't be taken seriously, joke or not.
Last edited by Tiyev on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tiyev
Tainted

Location: The not too distant future, somewhere in time and space.

Postby Yulnaggoth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:51 am

Tiyev wrote:
Yulnaggoth wrote: ... I didn't want to troll this. ...

Well, perhaps you shouldn't have named the golem virus 'Meatfucker'. It looks like a pretense to use the word 'fucker' a whole lot in one post, which, if it meant to be funny, it did give me a chuckle, but you should know it won't be taken seriously, joke or not.

It came from a book, actually. *wutno*
Excession, by Iain M. Banks.

The character is a sentient spaceship named GCU Grey Area. The other ships call him that because they don't want to give him the dignity of a name. It has a fascination with war, genocide and pain and the methods of inflicting it.

---

Was I trolling? Well, maybe in the sense that I wanted to shake the game up and have something different. Give your clan the fight of it's life.

In fact, I hope everyone does that. I want you to go crazy. I want a drow city fighting a spreading plague of fast zombies in heat mixed with liquid metal golems. Throw in whatever you can come up with. How could that not be a great game?
Yulnaggoth
Nether Seed

Postby Tiyev » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:11 am

So, your saying the 'Meatfucker' virus was from a book? Aw, darn, I though you had come up with the name 'Meatfucker' yourself. Shouldn't you atleast change the name, so it would be more inspired by, rather than lifted from, Iain M. Banks?
Tiyev
Tainted

Location: The not too distant future, somewhere in time and space.

Postby Yulnaggoth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:12 am

Just the name. Everything else is a mix of genestealers, the flood, that Species movie, and drowtales golems.

What would you recommend?
Yulnaggoth
Nether Seed

Postby Pariel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:21 am

Your hopes are in vain, for this rp is something else instead. It's not about destroying and going crazy but having several bunches of people (played by people) creating a city and resisting whatever I throw at em. Thus, you're missing the overall idea of the rp by a far shot.

And yes, each person will have a small faction of misfits to flesh out.

Oh, and the pic's not copyrighted, but someone else's commission. I doubt the original character's owner will be... thrilled.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Yulnaggoth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 am

I don't really have a response for that. The post kind of speaks for itself.

There's so much wasted potential. I'll leave if you can't reconcile my faction with the rigid things that you want me to do.
Instead of forcing your will upon me maybe you should allow collaboration without an end goal in mind. But you've shown your dominance and told me that I need to play a normal clan of drow, with you setting up encounters and controlling the rest.

Goodbye, Pariel. Have fun.
Yulnaggoth
Nether Seed

Next

Return to Game Tavern