Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Drowtales Starfall Age. (Think tank/Feedback)

Drowtales Starfall Age. (Think tank/Feedback)

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:42 am

(Warning!!! I’m dyslexic, so expect lots of spelling errors.)
Alright an explanation should go first to what this is before I go into detail. I’m a big fan of space age, not so much the “H” parts, but the story and imagination is right up my interest, so early on I thought up Starfall. I wanted to combine the politics of “Moonless age” with the back-story of “Space Age” but in a backdrop that is its own. I also wanted to add my own creation in a more legitimate way, the race “Morrock”, with ought it feeling like they are just being forced into the world. Sadly my own half hearted ability to create has only given me a basic overall idea of the world, and a few characters to use, some things are well formed, but still lacking detail, well lots of detail. So I think it might be time to ask the DT community to see if the like the idea, and my want to help craft it, you guys are awesome in this area. Also I do have some art I did to help my flush out this idea, but I have also fallen behind on that too…

Here is some art relating to this:
- http://dice-warwick.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1z8117
- http://dice-warwick.deviantart.com/gall ... 4#/d1x0gdo
- http://dice-warwick.deviantart.com/gall ... 4#/d1dsz47
- http://dice-warwick.deviantart.com/gall ... 4#/d1fqhak
-------------------------------------------------------
Back story:
Starfall take place on a world were space fairing humans and drows have long become stranded, and their advanced technology rusted, to only be used by the privileged few. Old hatreds had driven the two species apart from the start, and new hatreds generations later have brought them together in war. A third species, the Morrocks, who have lived upon the world long before the arrival of the other two, were complacent to just merely stay out of the way, but war between the two, and the enslavement of their people by both sides have forced them onto the world stage. Within only a few generations memories of sailing among the stars have faded, but it is not something that forgets them, all three of them.

Story:
Inter conflict amount the Morrock houses, groups similar to Drow Clans, have threaten to knock house Roc off as the most powerful house, along with the peace treaties house Roc has with the Drow, and Humans that keeps them from falling back into a state of war. The master ambassador “Crest Talon Roc” plans to prevent this from happening, but just keeping the humans and drow from killing each other has been proven more than a handful for Master Ambassador “Crest” leaving the morrock with the knowledge that house Roc will soon fall, and fall hard. But she still has a few tricks hidden away, and if the fall of house Roc cannot be prevented, then she must salvage the future. She only prays that Glaw can step up to the chalege.

The story for the most part fallows a female drow “Glaw (Rain) Talon Roc” who has been summoned by her adopted mother to take on the duty she has been trained for, Ambasitoral foot work for the Morrocks. Glaw was raised in the Morrock territory of (to be named) by her mother’s vassals, and has rarely ever seen another drow, or human in her life before this time, so The place she has been summoned to is a bit of a culter shock to her. The city of fortune, the only (legal) center of trade, and politics in the known world between the Humans, Drows, and Morrocks, as well as the center of conflict between the three. Her adopted mother is the master ambassador of the morrocks, and is the second most powerful Morrock in House Roc, and Glaws unusual situation as a morrock raised drow is undeniably a tool for politics by “Crest”

Races:

The Drow-
The same as any drowtale drows, but no nether summoning, or much in the way of any advanced magic. mana powered tech is more advance then it is in the “moonless age”, but not as advanced as it is in “space age” do to degrading macanics, and no proper recourses to fix the space tech.

–The drow are still separated between dark and gray drow, but it is now more on racial terms then religious.

-They still run their civilization in a clan based system, were who has the biggest military makes the rules.

The Humans- (Tarans, Dirt Hums) Humans from Earth, they are born with biomechanical nanomachesn in their bodies, allowing them to use human tech with programs stored in their bodies. The nanits also help to extend the humans longevity by at least double, but this is a benefit often only enjoyed by the powerful.

-the humans have two racial groups, “normal” humans, and “Tail” human, the Tail humans are descendants of bioengineered humans created to serve the rich and powerful, they easily notable by their animal like ears and tail. Though not openly pronounced, the tail humans are second class citizens in their society, and often pushed into the slums.

-the human civilization is a strange fusion of autocracy and democracy, otherwise fake democracy. Political groups run by “families” are in constant competition over political power, and with it, wealth.

The Morrocks- A semi-hermafaridt race of carnivores, they pull their strange from a power they call “Drive” that seems to work like over the top adrenalin. They are a tall, lean speeches that is well adapted for the hot sun and large predators, but their dense bodies give then little buoyancy in water, making them horrible swimmers, and can easily drown.

-culture aside, the Morrocks unusual philology puts them as a disadvantage when understanding the finer point of both Drow, and Human culture. Starting with the patricidal vs matriarchal divide between the other two races, the Morrocks, who gender switches back and forth many times over their lifetime, has no concept of gender superiority that the other two races have. Second, their carnivorous biology levees them unable to eat most food made by humans or drow. Third, their eyes are adapted for bright environments, having a natural light filter that also allow them to see in great detail, but leave them nearly blind in low light conditions.

-Civilization for Morroch is simply complex, but often falls to witch house has the most people willing to fallow it. The Houses work like multiple guilds and businesses working for the same goal, and exert power by holding onto recourses, roads, and even city gates. If a house controls all the trade rode’s to one city, they can effectively control the city without owning the city, but at the same time the can be controlled by another house by the other house having control over were the trade goods are made. when it comes down to politics with the other races, it is often hard to find out who in charge, and the mantel of the leader often changes hands, giving a lot of frustration for the other two races.

Current events:

it’s been over a thousand years from the start of the Starfall age it has over 30 year’s snits the end the last drow/human war, brot to an end with the bloody intervention of General “Crest Talon Roc” and then establishing the trade routs through the city of Dynasty, creating the “Era of Trade” Now known as master ambassador “Crest” an unstable peace is coming to an end.

The human lands of the “Leo Republic” are in the mitts of a election, but with the mysterious deaths of a few of the canidents, things have heated up in all areas of their government. Fractures within major political parties have open cracks for previously powerless people to find hope, and fan the flames of revolution. But with the aristocrats positioning themselves for war, if the powerless don’t grasp their future soon, the aristocrats with choose their future for them, which is a rifle in the hand, or a bullet in the head.

The Drow Empire (To be named) faces a major power shift with the rise of a minor clan, and it’s ally clans, do to the “Era of Trade” Forcing the Imperial clan to deal with old stalemates before this new clans take it’s oncoming roll as a major power. But with a new war with the humans heating up, for the Empress, new alliances must be made with hated enemies, and love allies may have to be abandoned.

The House Roc Council’s role as the keystone of peace in the “Era of Trade” has given it much power, but that role now threatens to topple the house as other lesser-houses have reorganized, and now pushes agents house Roc’s main territory’s within the Morock homeland. Rumors of main houses allying with the Humans and Drow grow as the situation for House Roc worsens. The grand chieftain of house Roc remains uninvolved, rumored missing as the Master Ambassador struggles to hold onto the houses power through the lowly degrading diplomacy with the humans and Drow.

------------------------------------------------------
Sofar, that is what I have connected together with any certainty, I have more, but I rather have feedback before adding too much. So what do you guys think, does it work with Drow Tales, or should I just restart it!? As an RP, I think I can get it to work when I have everything together, but fist give me feedback! be nice...
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Drowtales Starfall Age. (Think tank/Feedback)

Postby Tiyev » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:17 am

No posts in all this time. Dayyum. I guess this think tank is a little brain dead at the moment. I geuss the potential roleplayers glancing over this thread were adverse to showing interest. And there might be a decline in activite RP people anyway.

I'm not a role player myself, but I could ask anyone reading this what there thoughts on why they would or would not want to try an RP game thread in this background?
Tiyev
Tainted

Location: The not too distant future, somewhere in time and space.

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:42 am

so sad that nobody has any input on this, :( I thank Tiyev for at least wandering why nobody was interested in even giving criticism, but that's how Drow tales forums is, if it can't spark interest, it will not get comments, net even from trolls.

If nobody is still interested in giving after this, I'll just give up.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Gunbird » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:19 am

Interesting concept. Too bad no one is playing it.

I don't see why?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Khora2150 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 am

The forums are dying, pretty much. Most active DT related places are the skype or other IM chat groups. There is like thirty people left on the forum that post with any regularity.

Its not because this Starfall Age concept is crap or anything, because it isn't. Its just that people simply don't know about it, because this section is seldom used except for the ban game thread.

Hell I only knew about it just now. Would recommend joining one of the several group chats if you wanted more input.
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gunbird » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Yeah, I had a bad felling that was the case.

Maybe I need to make Skype account. What do you groups recommend?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:35 pm

What I recommend is that we actually try to get people back in here.
But that's just my opinion...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Khora2150 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Gunbird wrote:Yeah, I had a bad felling that was the case.

Maybe I need to make Skype account. What do you groups recommend?

As of this post, there are 19 people in the public skype chat I made for DT, and another 19 in a relic hunter chat. There is some overlap as a few of us are in both.

I think PtP one is gone by now, cant remember if there was a daydream one, and there is a few private ones with a fair few in them.
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gunbird » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:32 pm

Eltharrion wrote:What I recommend is that we actually try to get people back in here.
But that's just my opinion...

That would be nice.

I don't think I will do too well on Skype. I'm a slow typer.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Return to Game Tavern