Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

TODII (In game)

Re: TODII (In game)

Postby Rayoson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 am

On the outskirts of Minalca, was a ruined building still mostly intact at the edge of the river's shore. Ethan idly sat in it by the shore, tendrils snaking in the water fishing. The second a fish or anything bit on to one, strands would split off from behind and engulf the poor fish. Already a few fish were hung on a stout stick, speared through the mouth. A small pile of dead animals were next to him also. Most had their necks broken, and he sighed wondering how everyone else was trying to get a boat or goods for one.

Going off alone to grab something to "eat" and why not kill some random wildlife for cash at the same time? Three tendrils were out, 2 to fish, and one was spread out to keep watch around him. It was split in to multiple strands thin as string, laying around the area like tripwires to tell what was around him.
Rayoson
Nether Spawn

Postby Wobble » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm

If there was one thing Amra hated more than magicians it was cities. A city essentially represented everything that Amra stood against. Cowards who could not make their own way in the world and as such were forced to seek protection by living together like pigs, rules and regulations and norms which kept honest men from handling their quarrels in the only way that mattered, properties and possessions which kept a man bounded heart and soul. Cities were the antithesis of a clean life style.

The tall strapping barbarian strode down the street with all the grace and confidence of a stalking panther, so tangible was the air of danger that issued off him that the common people gave him wide berth. Some of them even went so far as to make gestures of warding in his wake. The scowl of hatred upon Amra’s face was hidden from them by his war helm. He was feeling an overwhelming urge to draw Bleeder and began hacking the useless worms apart. To just bathe the city in blood. Perhaps had he his warband with him he would have done just that, but he doubted his travelling companions would help him with his wish. A motley bunch they were after all, a coward who fought with range weapons, a couple of women, and even a monster of some sort. Amra’s noble soul was repulsed at the thought of spending another second in their presence, much less a journey that may very well take years. But necessity was necessity.

He was might not immortal, and loath as he was to admit it he couldn’t do this alone. His solitary climb up here to the 15th level had showed him as much. Amra finally arrived at the dock. It was bustling, ships and boats leaving and coming. Men unloading vessels and carting away the goods to the surrounding warehouses, food sellers and other vendors hawking their wares, hungry looking vagabonds stalking them the way the tiger stalks a deer. Amra took his wineskin from his hip and took a long pull, savoring the searing sensation of the spirits as it slid down his throat. The first obstacle was to get across the river, Amra was all for swimming it. But his companions were of weaker constitution naturally, and of course insisted on a weaklings way out. They needed to have a sea vessel of some sort. Amra found himself looking around for a suitable one to commandeer.
Wobble
Nether Seed

Postby Kithrune » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:12 am

"Amra! Come over here, I think i've solved our problems!"

Ray walked toward Amra in his dashiki (his armor is with his other things), leaving a large amphibian without leash standing by a few nervous city dwellers.

"That creature might be able to fairy us across the river one at a time...assuming it can handle your weight. Come try to ride it... but first loosen up a little. Your giving off a very 'I will murder you and savage your corpse several times' vibe that will scare the lizard. And the children, women, and about 3 quarters of the town guard."
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Masked And Dangerous » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:35 am

Mistet was, as often the case, staring into the glittering mass of humanity that was this level of the tower. To look and see that even the legendary (she did suppose it was legendary, even if her own experience with such legends had only been in the past six months) Tower of Druaga had a thriving community (or several, if the charts she had purchased were accurate) within it. It both inspired Mistet and humbled her. It is places like this which people like me are supposed to protect. Mistet made notes to return here when their climb ended, in order to see in what ways she could assist people.

Of course, this lead to the group's current problem. The fastest way forward required crossing into underwater caverns. While some members of their party (she looked forward at the perpetually angry warrior at this thought) might be able to swim there, Mistet didn't like the odds of herself and the others swimming in plate mail. That would be bad. she thought, mentally picturing half the party drowning from their armor, and then the demon possessed girl drowning from not caring about swimming. Very bad.

Speaking of the demon possessed girl, Mistet turned her eyes to said person. She seemed to be staring at people's faces in the crowd in the oddly creepy cute way Mistet had come to associate with her. "Are you okay?" she asked, as she often did. Mistet was genuinely concerned for her welfare, and had decided to reconnect Teka with her humanity no matter what.
Masked And Dangerous
Nether Spawn

Postby Wobble » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:29 am

Amra turned his head slightly as someone spoke to him. He saw that it was the Dark Warrior, one of his travelling companions. Amra turned away from him disdainfully and returned to contemplating the river. His only reply was a noncommittal grunt. Telling the man that he would rather die than cross the river on the back of a cold blooded beast seem like too much hassle for no real gain, so he opted for silence. As for the people all around who were discreetly throwing nervous glances at him, what did he care about them? They should all just count their blessings that Amra couldn’t bother with the trouble of challenging them all to duels for their obvious disrespect. Maybe on a return journey, when he had the power of a god at his disposal. The thought made him grin grimly. O the marvels he would perform then! He would transform the very earth into a place of all day battles and all night feasts! Heaven pure and simple.
Wobble
Nether Seed

Postby Improbable odds » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 pm

There was yet another member of this band of expeditionaries yet he had up until now opted to remain quite silent in the group's conjecture. He was a large man nearly matching Amra in stature and perhaps even in strength, though there was a significant age difference between the two. This man was Bismarck and he had been invited along on the premises that he would serve as one of the porters as well as a guard providing a situation ever arose in which his martial skills would be necessary(which was all too likely in this cursed tower). He sat apart from the others from the time being, occupying a corner of the hold they had been given and passing the time by napping amidst a pile of wooden crates. It wasn't particularly comfortable for the aging man, but it was about as good as he could have hoped for given the situation and the lodgings. Every once in awhile he would crack a smile or chuckle to himself, perhaps at an idle passing thought or even when someone else made a joke or a quip. He was far from an anti-social man, but he really didn't feel the need to say anything unless it proved to be necessary or vitally helpful in some fashion or form.

occasionally one could hear the sound of his polished jackboots clicking together as he attempted to doze off amidst the day to day noises of a sailing ship underway. It wasn't easy to do such, but he managed to keep himself occupied by thinking back on some of his past adventures. He was easily the most experienced person here when it came to this tower, if one was simply going by years spent inside, at least this was a fact he was somewhat certain about. He didn't know if any of his companions had ever climbed any higher than they were now, nor did he even know if any of them would be make it when they reached the next floor. For all he knew they would end up attacked by some great sea monster and all be devoured, but that sort of thing was what one came to expect when one attempted to ascend beyond the boundaries of relative safety. It was -only- the 15th floor however, so Bismarck had it figured that it would be relatively less dangerous than the levels above it, but that didn't mean that it wasn't still perilous enough to end his life in a heartbeat if he faltered even slightly. He couldn't just quit, somewhere above his sister was likely waiting for her brother to hurry his ass up and come join her, if she was even alive at all anymore. Banishing the thought of having lost the last member of his family from his mind Bismarck attempted to get some shut eye when he still could.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Rayoson » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:11 am

(I don't exactly like you doing this Duke, but I'll roll with it. Also, I'm sure Amra would kill if his weapons were taken away...)

Ed slept in the fetal positions, his hood over his head and back almost against a wall. What was eerie was the fact that a single noise couldn't be heard asides from a very faint crunching noise in his area. Every time the ship swayed or shifted, he would remain unmoved as if he was a statue. One of his tendrils had already snaked it's way in to the hull, slowly devouring any vermin that had managed to slip aboard.

Sleeping never came easy with the "thing" inside and a part of him, when he did sleep the tendrils had almost free roam. He didn't have direct control when asleep, but had an odd 3rd person connection with them. They moved on their own agenda, but he could suggest to it in a better interest. They spread throughout the ships nooks and crannies, spying in to rooms to get their general shape and contents, and listening in to what they could. Feeling the voices rather really hearing them in a sense.

He could "feel" and "see" as they did, but it was like looking at an ocean through a thimble.
Rayoson
Nether Spawn

Postby Kithrune » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:17 am

Ray sat on the deck of the boat, studying a small tome of basic arcane spells. as he sat muttering to himself the odd spark, puff of smoke, or unnatural cold-spot would manifest itself somewhere near his person, much to the captain's dismay.

As boredom overtook him, he walked about the ship, finding Mistet.

"That was a very interesting sword you have, I've never seen that kind of design or material before. Where did you get it from?"
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Masked And Dangerous » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:46 am

Mistet looked over toward the hedge mage, before staring off toward the distant walls of the enormous cavern. "She doesn't know." she said simply, before sighing. "When she awoke a year ago, with nothing, not even a name, her sword was clutched in her hand. The healers who attempted to help her had to use a crowbar to pry it from her hands." Had it already been a year? A year with who or whatever she had left behind having no knowledge of where she was or if she was alive or not. A year of being as a hungry ghost amongst the people, a lone guardian with no memory of past. An arrow without it's quiver, a sword without it's shealth, and a terrible emptiness inside at knowing that.

Mistet quickly chided herself for slipping into dwelling on the past, or her lack of it, before turning back towards Ray. "All she knows of it is that her body knows how to wield it, and you will not find an equal in the entire country. She has looked." At her own private joke, she laughed. "What of you? She has never met a mage before." Or at least, if she had she didn't remember it. "Where did you learn your trade?"
Masked And Dangerous
Nether Spawn

Postby Kithrune » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Ray chuckled a little.

"I'm no mage Mistet, I just know a few tricks. My last climb I was with some proper mages. One of them ripped the fabric of space and time with nothing but his own willpower. I have the spark of magic in me but I never got proper training. I come from a mage family and they set me up with a master but he was cruel and impatient. long story short I joined the Anubian army for a while then came to live in the land of the straight hairs."

Ray muttered a few words and a straight, rusty-orange rod as tall as Mistet appeared in his hand.

"This is about all i can do magic wise. I'm much better with my bow or med kit. The only real training i ever got was how to be a charioteer and vetranarian in the cavalry. luckily, humans and horses have similar bone structures, but lets hope I never have to patch you up. Or anyone else for that matter."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Masked And Dangerous » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Mistet stared at the visage all around her, the vast jungle and the giant's rest. She smelt the wind, and tasted the air. And something stirred. Unwillingly, Mistet was flung from the present, into a nightmare.

Burning. The smell of flaming flesh.
Angels and Demons clash over a sea of blood.
A warrior ~stood~ alone.
Surrounded.
A cry of defiance. Runes
glowed as a crystal sword swung in the name of it's master.
Laughter

Blinking, Mistet returned her mind to reality, clutching her head. "What was that?" she wondered, before turning back to the group, who were preparing to move onwards toward their destination. She resolved to think about the fragment later. It had been so vague, that it told her absolutely nothing, just hurt her head.

Mistet was out of her armor, with it packed away in a bag strapped to her hip. Opposite that was her sword, and beside that was her knife. The rest of her supplies were in a well used backpack, ready to be taken off in a second if need be. If one discounted all the supplies, one might have found her... pretty. Not in an obvious way, such as the other female member of their party. There was a vulnerability in her appearence, but steel in it too. She gave the impression as she walked of one who has fought, been injured, and perservered despite it.
Masked And Dangerous
Nether Spawn

Postby Rayoson » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 pm

(Amra gets no cameo time, but Wobble's fault I guess)

Ed looked around the area, taking in the view of the jungle and it's whole, breathing the air and feeling generally good.
Stretching out his limbs, a few tendrils snaked their way out from his sides, and idly stretched alongside his movements. "Our goal is the underwater caves right? If there isn't some magical way to get there or simpler means, I'm sure I could get us there no problem."

His tone of voice was filled with confidence, and he briefly glanced back at Mistet, noticing her pause but counting it as nothing. Moving along with the group he wondered about Amra and his Bravado (it deserves a capital), it seemed to him that he was a major issue, but had yet to voice his opinion on it. Teka was odd, after eavesdropping on her conversation with a tendril it just made her explanation odder. Ray was okay as far as he could tell alongside Mistet and Bismark.
Rayoson
Nether Spawn

Postby Kithrune » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 am

Ray's empathy didn't exstend over other humans as well as it did over animals, but it did apply. most of the time. He could sense Ed's abundt confiednce, Amra rage and Sel-corass's void.

but he got nothing from Mistet. Demons, Mages, and even a few highly inteligent insects gave off some kind of emotion he could feel but her. The oddest thjing of all was that she clearly wasn't trying to hide anything. how could she be so wide open, so fully human, and yet give off nothing.

he pondered it for a while, taking glances at her everyso often but as they came to their stop he put it out of his mind and readied his gear and turned to Ed.

"You can do more with your tenicles than I can with magic friend," said Ray with a rye smile. " I can't just hit a stick on the ground or shout YOU SHALL NOT PASS! and bend reality to my will."

Overhearing bits and pieces of Tekia's conversation, Ray walked over and sat down next to her.

"Does this 'Room of Gauf hold more than one demon? I looking for one by the name of Termish."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Improbable odds » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:46 am

There were men born whose goal it was to ponder the great mysteries of the world and to try to bring reason and order to chaos. There were men and women born whose goal was to debate amongst the brightest minds in the world, to discuss the moral principals of right and wrong and to argue points amongst those privileged and educated few. There were men and women whom were born destined to lead men into battle, be it at the vanguard with blade in hand or far behind the lines as a brilliant commander, planning and executing moves in hopes of attaining victory.

Then there were men born to carry bags.

This was far from a glamorous or otherwise spotlight grabbing position amongst a group of travelers, however there always had to be someone to carry the supplies and bring up the rear. The man for this group was Bismarck, and he fulfilled his duty with silent stoicism. He was never more than ten feet behind the group at any given time and it was hard to miss him given the number of bags he carried upon his back. Bedrolls, cookwear, extra clothing and campsite essentials, food, water and everything else most of the party had decided to bring along. All of it was stored across several bags Bismarck lugged around on his back, right alongside his own things as well as that large shield of his. He also served as the rear-guard and made sure nothing would attack the rear of the group without someone at lest putting out an alarm and fighting back. With his crossbow always in hand he ambled along behind the others, silent in his vigil. The way he figured it they would know better than he what to do in this kind of situation, when the path forward was not necessarily clear. He would offer his opinion if asked though it probably wouldn't be very helpful or insightful as to the problem at hand. Not everyone was going to be, and truth be told that was often why one found a group to travel with when ascending this tower. It helped to have someone who could at least hope to cover a necessary base, thus maximizing the chance that someone would be able to find a proper solution to any problems faced. On that note Bismarck was the sort of guy you went to have practical problems solved, like if your shoe broke or if you needed someone to lift a box, not to try and find out how to operate some invisible gate system he didn't even have a clue existed.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Masked And Dangerous » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 am

Mistet followed Teka, into the plunging abyss. The water was cold, although not ridiculously so. The real problem would be air, the distance between the surface and the caves being only just what a human could hold their breath for before losing consciousness and subsequently drowning. It would be a test of endurance, much like the tower itself.

Mistet herself was down to her underclothing. Swimming in a dress would be impractical and possibly life threatening, just as much as swimming in armor, if not moreso. All it would take would be one bit of cloth snagged on the reef, one oversoaked bit of silk slowing her down, and she would be dead, that would be it. As it was, Mistet prefered the temporary embarrassment of near nakedness to the much more permanent alternative. Her clothing was in her bag, wrapped around her books and watersealed. The rest of her stuff was less lucky, but there would be plenty of time to wipe down such equipment later. All of it was tied to her backpack, to prevent dragging.

As Mistet was swimming she noted the oddity of the cave mouth, she couldn't help feel unease at the formation around it. Something about it was... familiar. Something she had read had mentioned something about crystals. "But what was it? she wondered, moving quickly. There wasn't time to stay still when every second meant less oxygen.
Masked And Dangerous
Nether Spawn

Next

Return to Game Tavern