Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Ax'smira » Tue May 31, 2011 7:07 pm

RULES
I don't suppose that I will have to worry much about rules and such. I want to inform you all though, that there is no posting order. I'm not use to it and it doesn't allow for fluidity. Try to post when you are able to, but it would be nice if people posted at least once a week. If you are going to be away, please inform us in the OOC thread for role play. If you don't post in two weeks we will move on.

Have fun. That is it. Really. Just have fun.

Please don't go god-mode on us. I'm not interested in kicking out someone, but if I must I will. It not only spoils the fun, but also makes it hard to keep the peace. If your confused about what god-moding is or looks like, please check out Urban Dictionary's definition and for examples check out TV Trope God Modders. Thank you.

As this is my first established role play, where I am GM, please be patience with me. I'm new at this and will probably make mistakes. I always like constructive criticism so please pm me if you think there is a problem or just have ideas.

You have suggestions for events or obstacles that appear along their way. Please share them with me and the others. I'm have a general idea of what will happen and how it will end, but remember rule number 2...I want to make sure that everyone is having fun.

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴ. Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴘᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ(s) ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ OOC ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴ ᴇxᴄᴜsᴇ, ʟɪᴋᴇ..."Mʏ ᴄʟᴀɴ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜᴇsᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴᴇɴᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ". Bᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ.


Registration and OOC Thread



"Iᴛ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ 270 ʏᴇᴀʀs (ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ) sɪɴᴄᴇ I ʟᴀsᴛ sᴀᴡ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ʀᴀɪsᴇ. 270 ʏᴇᴀʀ (ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ) sɪɴᴄᴇ I ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇᴅ ɪɴ ғʀᴇsʜ ᴀɪʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴛᴀʟʟɪᴄ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ. 270 ʏᴇᴀʀ (ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ) ᴏғ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴛᴜɴɴᴇʟs ᴀɴᴅ sᴄʀᴏᴜɴɢɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ғᴏᴏᴅ, ᴀs I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴ Eᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ғᴀʀᴍʟᴀɴᴅs. Aʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏʟᴅ ᴇᴍᴘɪʀᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ, ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ ᴄʟᴀɴs ᴡʜᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴀɢᴇʀ ʀᴇsᴏᴜʀᴄᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ғʟɪᴍsʏ ᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄɪᴛʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴏғ sᴛᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ.
Oᴜʀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀs, ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ. Yᴇᴛ, ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏᴏɴ, ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅs ᴏғ ʀᴇғᴜɢᴇᴇs ᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴍᴇʟᴇss ᴄɪᴛʏ. Bʀɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴛᴀʟᴇs ᴏғ ᴀ ʜᴏʀʀɪᴅ sᴜʀғᴀᴄᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴇᴇᴍɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡᴛʜ ᴏғ ɴᴇᴡ ᴏɴᴇs.
I ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏᴅᴅᴇssᴇs ᴏғ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ, ᴛᴏ ᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄᴇsᴛʀᴀʟ sᴘɪʀɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ʙʀɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴏᴜɴᴄɪʟ. Wᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ғᴏʀᴡᴀʀᴅ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ sᴀғᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Mᴀɴʏ ɴᴇᴡᴄᴏᴍᴇʀs ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ. Tʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅ sᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. Tʜɪs ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ɪᴛ. Wᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ, ɢᴏᴅᴅᴇssᴇs ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ, ғɪɴᴅ ᴀ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇᴅs ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴄɪᴛʏ. Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʟᴀɴᴅs ᴄᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ ᴜs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs. Sᴇɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴏᴜᴛs, sᴇɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs, sᴇɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀs ɪғ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴘᴇᴛᴛʏ ʀᴇsᴏᴜʀᴄᴇs. Lᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴᴇɴᴛ ᴄɪᴛʏ."
-- Iʟʟʜᴀʀᴇss ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Aʏ'ʜᴀᴍɪʀᴀ Cʟᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ Cʟᴀɴ Cᴏᴜɴᴄɪʟ, __ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴜʟʟɪ'ᴀʀɪ Eʀᴀ.
(*Tʜᴇ Sᴜʟʟɪ'ᴀʀɪ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ Eᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ Exᴏᴅᴜs. Iɴ ʜᴏɴᴏʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴀᴄʀɪғɪᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Eʀᴀ ᴡᴀs ɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.)
User avatar
Ax'smira
Demon
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Ax'smira » Tue May 31, 2011 7:50 pm

The was little moving beyond the lights of what many now called the Moving City. From where Ouz'elam was standing she couldn't understand what about the hastily built rock face home, ramshackle houses, and clutter of poor made this pile of waste a city. Yet it wasn't her place to say. From the ledge on which she and her brother waited, the whole mess laid out before them. Dainty, waste filled river that poured down from the nearby waterfall, promoting the poor and not so poor to live in the crammed cavern space.

The Moving City, didn't look so mobile right now. The winding narrow streets were filled with only the newly arrived refugee, who sounds seemed to echo around the silent city. It would stay this way, Ouz'alem knew that. Soon the not so poor would send their guarded farmers to the riverbed to harvest what was left, leaving only the barest for those would come after them. By then, they would be gone.

At least I hope we'll be gone, Ouz'alem thought sourly as she crouched on her hunker bones. She pulled her hood down, as she turned an equally sour gaze toward her twin. He was calm marking the passage of time water based device he had created. "Can we leave and say sorry about it later? Cause they have to be late at this point, right?"

"It isn't time, yet. They aren't late...since the first city bells haven't chimed," Agi'ris murmured without look away from the device. Ouz'elam just rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah...I know, but seriously I don't mind just leaving them here."

"This is suppose to be a noble venture for all the clans who volunteered. A motion to show that they are willing to take step towards a stable city. It a...a..." he paused looking out over the city with a frown. It was clear that he had a word, but wasn't sure if it was proper to say.

"A show. Its just a show. Don't try covering for them, cause there is nothing else in this...it will turn into another temporary settlement that will last at best a hundred years. I just want this show of theirs to start." she said getting to her feet and dusting off her pants. She almost missed her skirts, in till she remembered where she was off to and decided that pants weren't half as bad as the company she was honor bound to meet.
User avatar
Ax'smira
Demon
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue May 31, 2011 8:28 pm

((At the risk of being Nazified: spelling issues left and right, Ax'smira. Would be nice if we could get a description of the surroundings as well, though I think we can assume we're on a cliff/ledge overlooking the city from your post. If we're going to have combat, it's important to note prominent terrain features, especially if we're looking for a place of residence. Note: I'm not an amazingly skilled GM, but observation of what other GMs have done seems to suggest so.))

Tuain'esh watched his companions from a few ledges over. Kids? Really? He had been expecting so much more....

He chided himself. One should never discount a leader simply because of their age. He had seen "seasoned commanders" make rookie mistakes just as much as he'd seen rookies conduct brilliant assassinations with the planning skills of a Veteran. For all he knew, these children were the greatest adventurers the Ay'hamira had to offer.

Still....

Bah, might as well join them. He took a short run, jumped, and landed on a ledge eight feet away and five feet below him. He rolled, popped upright, and used his momentum to jump to a ledge ten feet away and four feet above his position. This ledge was right below that of the twins', and with another roll and a skid, he began to climb up the wall. With a burst of strength, he pulled himself up and flipped over, landing adroitly in a bow, facing the twins. It took about 10 seconds. Damn, I'm getting old, Tuain'esh thought to himself.

"Greetings, companions. I am Tuain'esh of the Val’Salgtlin de’Ulnen, come to join you in the quest for a new home. What are your names?"
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Maria » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:57 am

The 6'2" Quaero female had taken to idly stretching as she made her way up the makeshift path that led to where the elders harked the group was to meet. Her fingers retorted with muffled cracks as she loosened her bones, stopping only to adjust the horned headdress she wore. It wasn’t something she had to wear too often, but as she was representing her clan on this particular occasion it had to be done; she had only wished they would have allowed her to take one of her clan’s great mountain rams with her, but resources were short nowadays.

It didn’t take too terribly long for the empath to get a ‘feel’ for her group, and she soon found herself in their midst; and in time to catch the last words. What luck.

“Names? I personally always found ‘you’ to suffice.”
User avatar
Maria
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere between Mikilu and Sarv'swati.
Clan: Sharen

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Celice » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:25 am

Temur had been keeping to himself, sitting back against a wall, watching rather than making his presence the center of attention. It wasn't his nature to be the one that all eyes were on. It made him...uncomfortable. Especially when he was so far away from the safety of his tribe and now among these strangers.

His goal was simple. Keep to a large group and assist them when it was in their mutual best interest and see where they were going to settle. If the place was close to good game and would make a good stop for traveling Rakshasa hunters, then he was to make a claim of a small piece of land for a Rakshasa outpost then report back to the greater tribe...

"Wherever they have ended up by now," He thought, giving a slight frown.

The drowussu youth glanced up as the dark elf lept to the ledge below his own, then he tilted his head a bit more when the odd woman with the horned helm entered the ledge. Seems his hunch about where the leadership of this band was located had been correct. Carefully he got to his feet and slunk to the path to get down to the ledge below, keeping in sight, but it was clear Temur wasn't all to comfortable being in plain sight.

He tilted his head at the horned woman's words before giving a shrug, "You works fine for me," he said in a soft voice, alerting the group to his presence, eying them up with an uncomfortable look. Social gatherings like this had never been a strong suit for him.
User avatar
Celice
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: In the Future, In Sichuan, Eating the good food

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Ax'smira » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Ouz'elam glanced over at her brother, her expression clearly conveying her thoughts, This is going to be far from easy. Agi'ris agreed with her. Their mother had made it sound like a stroll on a well constructed path.

"It will be made of those clans that have agreed to join us this time. Easy, since I'm sure you can handle a few other of your drow sisters and brothers. Well, mom, these so aren't drow....and this is not going to be easy... he thought as he placed he time piece away in his pack. He and his sister bowed slightly to the first arrivals, but as his sister spoke he looked over the group frowning.

"Ah, my name Ouz'elam Ry'rann Ay'hamira, this is my brother Agi'ris," she started and then glanced up at the looming...light elf lady. From what he could remember the ram horns were a symbol of some clan, yet the name escaped him. Instead he just pushed the issue from his mind as his sister continued, "Well, I'm sure it would be confusing to call our future companions 'you'. Names will be useful during out trip."

Also helps when we have to create grave markers and tell your clans that you died, he thought morbidly. Then sighed, Oh this is going to be fun.
User avatar
Ax'smira
Demon
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 am

"I agree entirely," said Tuain'esh. "Peace be with you, Ouz'elam Ry'rann and Agi'ris" Ay'hamira."

As he spoke and bowed again, he quietly took in his other companions. He had mixed feelings about them.

The Ay'hamira turned out to be older than he expected, but they were still quite young. Thankfully, the muscles and worry lines of a life spent in the field revealed themselves to Tuain'esh's eyes and he mentally sighed in relief. Good, they wouldn't get led over the edge of a cliff by accident.

The Quae'ro female seemed well equipped enough, but the headdress seemed a tad ridiculous for an expedition and he wasn't sure how he felt about large, heavy boots. They seemed like they would hinder more than help her move. Regardless, she seemed to be reasonably fit for battle for a first generation, though the lack of a long sword also concerned him.

The Rakshasha was even younger then the children from the Ay'hamira. He seemed to be very range-weapon oriented, as the recurve, and very difficult to use ((No seriously, I heard those things are a BITCH to pull)), bow and well built shoulder and arm muscles suggested. His age made Tuain'esh somewhat concerned. Still, to make assumptions on age was folly, so he saved his judgment for their first battle, if they had one.

All in all, everyone here so far seemed to be slightly less than a expedition party and more like a light scouting party.

Tuain'esh found this to be decidedly odd. Wouldn't it have made more sense to send a more heavily equipped party with pack animals and such? He had assumed that the Ay'hamira would have provided such things. On the other hand, Tuain'esh had been somewhat out of the loop for a while now, wrapped up as he was in preparing for nearly suicidally difficult assassination missions. Damn those Sharen and their plans for Underworld Domination!!
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Alric » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 am

"My name isn't important. Not yet, at least," was the slow reply of the newcomer, apparently in agreement with the Quaero and Temur. She was a tall drowolath female with blue grey skin and sapphire hair, a broadsword strapped to her side. She had left her armor back on her pack lizard; even lightweight plate was cumbersome during travel. Vami'atar looked about the ledge for a fitting place to sit, subsequently finding one near the others. She shifted about and stretched out her long limbs before she sat upright and listened to the two dark elves speak.

Vami'atar's mission was simple; she sought places that would be open for trade or raiding by her clan. The strong were to be traded with, and the weak were to be preyed upon. It was just the way the world worked, after all. The rising nations of the underdark would be open for possible trade, and Tu'joltrezen trading outposts would need to be erected. In the shorter term, there was certainly money to be made on a smaller scale by Vami'atar herself, with or without the help of her other clansmates.

The Tu'joltrezen female gave a sigh. "But if you must know my name...it is Vami'atar Baha'dur Tu'joltrezen."
User avatar
Alric
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Crushing my enemies.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Maria » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 am

The Quaero female's eyes widened at the approach of the drowussu, taking on the look of a curious feline as the corners of her lips curled into a small smile. Whether it was the empathy, or her own personality, Ovis couldn't help but almost feed off of the male's discomfort at the group. She even went so far as to step closer, though that was also a subconscious reaction to the rest of the group. For a first impression, they sure didn't make much of one. Uppity young ones.

Ovis tilted her decorated head towards the group with a lazy look. “Parum’ovis Quaero.”

Her lips cracked into a mildly sadistic toothy smile. “Though calling me anything but Ovis might just get you shanked.”

The woman shook with a laugh and turned to pat the drowussu beside her. He wasn’t a light elf, but even having a fellow drowussu along for the trip gave her an ecstatic jolt.

“Shall we?”
User avatar
Maria
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere between Mikilu and Sarv'swati.
Clan: Sharen

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Celice » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:38 am

Temur eyed the newcomer up slightly, largely ignoring the pleasantries going about. The lack of pack animals didn't really bother him. Sometimes it was better to travel light and fast to keep ahead of potential enemies. It also made you look less like a fine meal walking by for any of the tribes that preyed on those less fortunate then themselves but then, it was an elf eat elf world out there now, quite literally in some senses.

The hunter tensed up as the Quae'ro approached him, keeping his eyes on her, his discomfort growing at being spotted. He didn't want to be forced into interaction or noted by the group. The further out of mind he was, the better he could work and slip away when worse came to worse. He had no intention of dieing or sacrificing anything for the others. It wasn't like he gave a damn about any one of them....he nearly jumped when she put her hand on his shoulder, giving her a wide eyed look like a tiki caught in the claw of a predator," ermmm...." he said turning to find the ground more interesting now, "...Temur Rakshasa...sent by the greater tribe to work with you as long as we have common interests..."

He didn't mention that when those interests were lost what could happen. It was best to leave that up to the imagination after all. Temur glanced up to watch and see what would happened next still tense and wary of the Quae'ro beside him. He wasn't sure what to make of her yet, but she had taken an interest in him it seemed...which meant that as a hunter, he best learn what he could of her in case she had something disagreeable for him in mind. He narrowed his eyes slightly, looking Ovis over, out of the corner of his eye, largely ignoring the rest unless directly addressed.
User avatar
Celice
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: In the Future, In Sichuan, Eating the good food

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 pm

"Peace be with you, Ovis, Temur of the Rakshasha, and Vami'atar Baha'dur Tu'joltrezen," Tuain'esh greeted. He bowed again, using the movement to size up the Tu'joltrezen. Tall, muscular, but covered in furs and silks. Knowing the rarity of fur in the underworld, the lady was clearly very rich. Whether this had been won through conquest or through intimidation of weaker parties remained to be seen, but the muscles spoke of good training and decent skill. Tuain'esh allowed himself a small smile. It seemed that the party would actually be capable of surviving an expedition. Phew.

"So, honored Ay'hamira, is this the extent of our party? We have plenty of people for an expedition."
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Alric » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:46 am

Vami'atar looked over to the odd-looking light elf and the male drowussu besides her. The ifght elf didn't just look different than most light elves, she felt different...could she be an empath? Vami'atar tried to remain casual...it might not give the best impression to the empath if she actively contemplated such things in front of her. It wasn't surprising that those two would sit close together, given that they were surrounded by dokkalvar and drowolath. Their names appeared to be Ovis and Temur...Vami'atar had to admit that she liked the sound of the latter name. Whatever the case, she'd be working with them. Hopefully they would turn out to be trustworthy.

“Hey...what brings you two to this place? Didn't expect to see so many turn up for this job. Not that I'm complaining. Many hands make the work light, as my grandmother used to say,”
spoke Vami'atar to Ovis and Temur. Might as well break the ice, or at least make a courteous attempt. They could become more open and be more willing to trust or help her. “Common interests...we might have something there.”

“So, are you expecting anyone else to show up? Such a small number to scout out a spot for a new city seems rather paltry to me,” she asked her prospective employers, remaining seated as she did so.
User avatar
Alric
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Crushing my enemies.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Ax'smira » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 pm

"Well it appears that everyone is here, should I move forward as planned?," Ari'gis muttered over Ouz'elam's shoulder. She glanced back at him meeting his eyes and then nodded. Turning back towards the rest, she was about to speak when the newest comers spoke. For a moment it took some time for Ouz'elam to place her, but she was sure from a new clan or something like it. However it was clear that she was here to lend more criticism and possible, maybe, if she felt so incline to would also lend a hand.

With all these helpful hands, why worry about rogue tribes and huge cavern creatures...I'll be spending most of my attention on my backside, she thought sourly as she took in a deep breath before saying, "I believe we have everyone here, since we were given no official list. This being said, I trust you are all ready we are moving out as is, since we need to move with haste. The council has given us a time limit of mere moons to find a suitable place down this route before we must arrive back or we will be declared dead and this entrance with be closed."

She spoke calmly meeting each person's eyes and then nodded, "Now then, lets go before the council decides to add weights to the souls of our shoes. We're going to need those of you with water affinities or have training in the high arts toward the front or sides of the group. Since we will be walk against the flow of the water fall."

As she spoke she walked forward toward the mouth of the waterfall where her brother already was pushing the side of the opening wider open with earth sorcery. "Alright, that is as wide as I'm willing to push, we have a slight ledge, but not much of one. So, sis, you'll be taking point for now."

"Great..." she said staring over the flowing mass of water.
User avatar
Ax'smira
Demon
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:20 am

((Ima just go ahead and make y'all a path then...))

"I am adept at the Earth high arts," volunteered Tuain'esh. "I can widen the ledge, give me a moment." He swiftly moved to the mouth of the waterfall. Keeping his feet on the ledge, he crouched down and observed.

The tunnel/river apparently stretched for miles and miles and miles. However, they really only needed the next 100 yards to be widened, didn't they? But he couldn't pull the ledge out, that'd change the width of the channel and make the water gush faster. No, he'd need to push the earth back. But that took more energy, if he could just remove the earth...

With a flash of steel, he swung his sword from left or right, ending the swing over his right hip. A surge of mana, and the rock crumbled away, the sword acting as a conduit to force the earth to crumble into dirt. Another surge, and the dirt was swept into the river.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Tuain'esh intoned, standing and sheathing his blade with a flourish, "I present to you a path."
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: The Great Journey Down (Role Play)

Postby Ax'smira » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 am

Ari'gis was sure that the path was a short lived aid, however he wasn't in charge of the this group. Merely an extra guide and assistant of sorts., who just watched the time and measured the progress. Which meant in this instance he glanced back to Ouz, who merely shrugged and mouthed, A touch over dramatic,but he gets the job done.

Enough for him. He turned towards the newly defined path, still didn't think it was much compared to how far the tunnel and river went, but...It's better than no path at all, he thought. Still a part of him was annoyed that this old fashioned male had sprung forward and created a temporary path, counter his sister's idea to simple wad through the water. Yet, his sister voice came out before his anger could get the best of his tongue.

"Thank you, Tuain'esh. You've given us all a solid...drier path than I had original planned on. This is clearly a good sign," she said walking past them and stepping out into the path. Raising her hand, energy pooled there in till it solidified into light. A wise decision considering that the lights of the moving city weren't going to be strong enough to piece the dark.

Ari'gis stepped in after her, leaning close for only to her to hear, "You know that this is a temporary solution to our situation, right? He won't be able to repeat that process later...probably."

"I'm sure everyone involved already knows that its temporary. He is older, so he has to know that. In the end, we will use this as leverage into the river tunnel. Remember this isn't just us anymore, Ari. We don't have to do everything...Just let us see how they work for now and we'll work around it. hm?"

Ari'gis raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't say anything. It was odd to hear his sister sound reasonable. It was almost as if she was enjoying his discomfort. Maybe it runs in the genes, he thought remember their mother's joy at Ouz clear discomfort of leading. Then he thought over what she had said and fully understood. For the first time he smiled, Well, maybe its not that bad...
User avatar
Ax'smira
Demon
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Next

Return to Game Tavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest