Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Great Journey Down (Registration and OOC Thread)

Re: The Great Journey Down (Registration and OOC Thread)

Postby Ax'smira » Tue May 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Yes, the thread is open.

Also, on the advice of Pigeon. I've decide that when I can't fully describe the setting. I will sketch it. So here is the sketch of setting (aka S.O.S) for this time. Its poorly done, but its the best I can do.

I hope this helps.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Errr....

....labels would be nice?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Plans and Plotting

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm

(Decided to join in with a more loner character :3 kind of just a drifter tagged onto the group looking to get a small piece of whatever land they decide to settle. It will be a minor presence in the group))

--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Temur Rakshasa

---Aɢᴇ: 85 (the baby of the group)

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: 2nd generation, drowussu

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
http://mellamo.deviantart.com/art/Temur-211249994
Light grey skin of a more blueish grey hue then what is found for most drowussu.
His eyes are a deep maroon shade for now. He has short dirty blonde hair that is often messy and he doesn't care much about keeping it up but is proud of what he has. He wears weather beaten, but reliable armor and various "skins" of unknown origin unless inquired. He He also has a necklace of teeth taken from fae prey as is normal for his tribe. He has a nose piericng.
____________-_____________

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Rikshasa (known to newer generations of Rakshasa)
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ:Image
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: Outpost scout for the Rakshasa
---------------------------------

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ:
- heatstone
- rope
- dried rations of jerky
- two canteens
- skinning knife/carving knife
- various scraps found along the way that he uses to construct simple traps for hunting
- a thick cloak of a heavy fur
- needles (carved of bone) and other small tools used for repairing clothing
_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ:
- 1 composite bow (and various arrows to go with it)
- Short hunting sword (for finishing off wounded prey)
-2 simple bolas
- long sword (for head on combat. The other weapons are used for hunting/surprise tactics)
_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ:
Has an affinity for earth, although it is barely trained.

SKILLS
-expert tracker and hunter as is typical of his clan. Expertise in hunting fae
-skilled with setting simple traps and setting up camoflauge
-Has a good understanding of gureillian tactics and leading enemies into traps
-knows how to cook and serve drow if food shortages get bad :b
-Can dry out meat, tan hides, and use every part of a kill. Can be considered stingy and that everything has a use still.

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ: The Rakshasa had always been a band of outcasts, wanderers, drifters, and pretty much the lost of society before the moon wars began. They had always eeked out a living off whatever they could find, taking in who ever needed a place to stay, a tent over their head, and learn how to get food in their bellies. By the time Temur was born, the Moon War took place, the Rakshasa were being forced more so into harsher lands to scrap a living off of yet as always, they persevered and adapted. They were a clan, not a tribe and one that was always fragmenting to find various pastures to call their own. Like all children, he was raised in a group under the care of a counsel member, never aware of who his siblings were or who his parents were. He passed his rite and became an accepted part of the tribe recently and was called by the counsel to go find a place suitable for an outpost since the Rakshasa was starting to settle in various places, lacking a central area to settle. Temur was dispatched, wandering alone and eventually making his way into a group for the pure simple reason that strength was in numbers.
Now he keeps to himself, watching the group and allies with them only for the fact that a common goal stands.

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_

Temur sat in front of the fire crackling in his tent block, silently as he allowed his orders to sink in. The emissary idly looked over him before turning to leave the young hunter to his thoughts, "You leave immediately. Bring what you may and what you have earned,"

"Yes, of course. I will see the council's will carried out," Temur said giving a poke to the fire with the end of his sword, "Is there a press for time?"

"No. You report back when you can or not at all," the emissary said lightly. The message was clear. The only success was survival and to get back any sort of scout of the land and current lie of the land. The world had changed a lot in a short generation and the tribe had to know what enemies and threats existed outside, not just the ones inside.

Temur gave another nudge to the fire, "I'll leave tonight. I'll take only that which I can carry,"

That was the way of the Rakshasa. Take the minimum and survive on your own power. Self reliance was what it took to survive in these marginal worlds where food was sometimes a fond wish at night. Temur closed his eyes. His mind turned to what he had to bring and what would be essential. The future could wait. The present was all he had to work with now.

He would have a long journey ahead.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:15 pm

We... gonna be stalked?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 pm

No XD he is tagging along and on your side :3
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:05 am

Oh. Well, the RPThread is up in Game Tavern, go post there!!
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Ax'smira » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:22 am

Happy to see someone else joining the group.

As for the labels. I'm not sure what you want me to label. It is the ledge where the twins are stationed. That is it, really. I'm not skilled enough to draw more than that. I don't have photoshop or anything like that, or the tools to create something better.

Anyway, I'll post later on today.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:54 am

OH. God, I'm an idiot. So, the back flipping was impressive but unnecessary, apparently.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:14 am

Alright, here's my character...let me know if it's acceptable or not!
--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Vami'atar Baha'dur Tu'joltrezen

---Aɢᴇ: 189

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: Drowolath

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ: A tall, muscular drowolath female with dark blue hair and sea green eyes. She can often be found wearing the silks and furs of the Tu'joltrezen clan.

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Val'Tu'joltrezen
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ: A white thunderbolt kolovrat outlined in light blue.
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: Explorer, raider, and trader for the clan.

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ: Standard Tu'joltrezen traveling clothing, hatchet, skinning knife, map/pen/paper, lightweight armor and helm, cloak, rope, tent and sleeping roll
_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ: Double-handed sword
_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ: Earth sorcery
-Oratory and trading skills
-Hunting and tracking, outdoorsmanship

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:
"Come dark night, deep night/
Sweep away the fading embers of the cruel sun/
Let me at last dream 'neath the moon's sweet light/
For the quest's over, and the long day's done…"
-Dark Elven poem, found inscribed on the Tu'joltrezen Black Obelisk.

Vami'atar was born not too long after the Tu'joltrezen nation was forced underground by the demonic infestation. The semi-nomadic Tu'joltrezen had fought valiantly, but eventually retreated underground, spreading across the underworld as much as they had in the overworld.

Vami'atar, as the youngest daughter of a clan merchant, had little prospects to sit around her clan's estate. To rectify this, she moved out to travel the world and make whatever fame and fortune she could from the rising drow nations.

The underworld was barely civilized, and dangers of multifarious origins awaited Vami'atar. However, the young drowess was well trained in the warrior arts of her people and thought herself prepared for the tribulations that would follow...

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_
[*I ʙᴀsɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀssɪɢɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ*]

Vami'atar spurred her raptor mount forward on the rough road – and such a term was being charitable – as she rode on her way to the next Tu'joltrezen city – another euphemism in this day and age. There was little left for her in the place of her birth – Vami'atar felt that many of the elders secretly found their drow children to be somewhat distasteful. Even if her hunch was incorrect, her older sisters had already ascended to higher political and military positions, leaving little for her. It was time for her to strike out on her own as so many of her ancestors had done before.

The young drow didn't bother looking back, only forward as she continued on her journey. There was a whole new world out there, one that would be hers for the taking if she played her cards right. Her tribe had always managed to be successful by trading with the strong and subjugating the weak. It'd work just as well for herself...
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ax'smira » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:58 pm

She seems acceptable to me. I'm happy to have you joining us.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Is she to see us and join up then?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Ax'smira » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Sorry it took so long to post.
For some reason I couldn't get onto drowtales. However we are now moving forward! So prepare to get wet!
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby Ax'smira » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello!?

Hello!?

HELLO!?

Is anyone here? Shall my first role play die on its second page? I had even started to dream of having a second roleplay based on this one. Now, I am sad for it seems I was a bit too eager.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 pm

I would like to note that I STILL LIVE. Just sayin'.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm still in, waiting for a person or two to post at the moment though.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern