Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Great Journey Down (Registration and OOC Thread)

Re: Plans and Plotting

Postby The Watcher » Thu May 19, 2011 8:26 pm

--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Dvali Silversong

---Aɢᴇ: 46

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: Dvergar

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
Dvali appears as a short, stocky, but graceful female humanoid of just over four and a half feet tall. Her skin is a smooth, stony pale gray, with soft green hair and eyes. Her eyes seem luminous and beady like those of all wild dvergar due to a layer of skin covering all but the iris and pupil, and her hair is curly and lichenlike. She is considered quite comely by Dvergar standards, with strong curves and a fit figure. Her clothes and equipment are all of the finest make, with clothes comprised primarily of soft, cured hide and ultra-fine chainmail made out of thin, strong wire rather than cloth, in the dark-metal-and-sea-green colors of the Khorzadûm dwarves.
____________-_____________

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Clan Khorzadûm
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ: A fist smashing stone (emblem of Khorzadûm) topped with a crown made of shields (Khorzadûin royal crest)
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: Fourth Daughter of the King

---------------------------------

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ:
-Suit of armor and shield
-Silver-stringed lute
-Pack with traveling equipment and supplies

_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ:
Flanged mace, pickaxe, crossbow and bolts, short sword.

_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ:
-Skilled musician
-Excellent diplomat
-Skilled warrior, excellent shot with a crossbow
-Competent miner, skilled prospector (good with stoneworking)
-Expert "wilderness" survivalist and traveller
-No magic

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:

As a fourth daughter and one of the youngest of a group of eight siblings, Dvali was nowhere near in line for the throne and desperately bored of living aimlessly on her parents' royalty by a young age. A precocious girl, she instead leveraged her royal status to pursue mastery in any and all endeavors she found interesting, from the mining of the common workers to a bravo's skill at arms to the pleasant tones of the dwarven lute, with room for politics aside. A relentless dilettante with provelige but little externally imposed responsibility, filled with wanderlust, Dvali began making exploratory journeys to find new and interesting things, see grand sights, and prospect any manner of potential boon to the clan. Cheerful and cunning, she is well liked and respected by the common folk of Khorzadum, and her status and intelligence have won her respect from a decent portion of the dwarven nobility. Rather than vanishing into priveliged obscurity, the fourth daughter has become an asset to the clan, an excellent diplomat and treasure hunter as she goes on her many wandering expeditions.

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_
"..And so, Father, I conclude my report. In this last journey I am sure I saw groups of dokkalfar and svartalfrin the area. It is possible they are travelling our way, and possibly even in numbers, but I could not be certain, and wished you to recieve the news as swiftly as possible."

King Ragni Khorzadum nodded his aged, granite-skinned head, beady black eyes surveying his daughter as he stroked his pale, mossy beard with one hoary gray hand. "Well done, my daughter. We have never seen elves so deep before, nor heard of them moving below the surface in the many centuries we have known their kind existed. Their motives in coming here are unknown, and they must be observed closely... but perhaps they might be of use to us, yet."

Turning to his court, the king boomed proudly. "Are all here in agreement that my daughter Dvali, by right of merit and right of discovery, is best suited to lead the party that will monitor and perchance interact with these wayward Elves?" In response, a chorus of resounding "ayes" rumbled through the chamber, and talk soon fell to matters of supply and proud lords volunteering eager sons and daughters for the mission. Seated by her father's side, Dvali could not have been more proud, more excited... or more worried.
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby Maria » Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 pm

I'd be interested. Would give me a chance to explore the Querces past. Assuming that is alright.
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Ax'smira » Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Maria wrote:I'd be interested. Would give me a chance to explore the Querces past. Assuming that is alright.

Sure I suppose. However this isn't an early Varash or something. It could be the start of something like that, but for right now its just the start of the move to the underground and finding a city to live in.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Alric » Mon May 23, 2011 3:32 am

I'd also be interested in reusing my Varash'd'Veldrin clan, the Tu'joltrezen, in this RP.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 am

Note, though, that we are playing characters, not clans in their entirety. Regardless, HELLO EVERYONE!!!
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Ax'smira » Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 am

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Note, though, that we are playing characters, not clans in their entirety. Regardless, HELLO EVERYONE!!!

True there are only characters from certain clans, not actually clans themselves or even their leaders. These are just a mixed assortment of characters picked by their clans for this united mission to go seek a suitable place for them to live.

Right now they are living in tents and temporary settlements. So there is no Varash and not even a proper town. There is just a group of clan, houses, tribes, etc that decide for the sake of survival that they would unite their best (or expendable) to go out and seek a best place to settle. Afterward if this roleplay does well, then we can maybe set up what happens afterwards, etc. However for right now, it has little to do with heads of clans or families and more on the solider, scout, hunter, and expendable of these future mighty (and maybe not so mighty) clans, etc.

Some one tell me that I explained that well in the front page. If not, I will go back and rewrite it. I don't want to cause confusion over this matter.
Also Hello.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 am

I think it's pretty well done, that first page. Problem is that May/June is always "Term Finals Period", so nobody is online....
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Maria » Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 am

The front page explained it well enough, exactly why I said it would give me a chance to explore the Querces past, not them as they are in the "present".
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Maria » Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am

((Wham. Bam. Mora's mom. *boogie* ))

--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Parum'ovis Quaero ('Ovis' for short)

---Aɢᴇ: 322, 1st generation

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: Quaero Light Elf

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
Possesses wavy black hair, kept short, and eyes of a pale gold. Tattoos of writings in her mother tongue decorate the outside corners of her eyes. Her complexion has a tendency to confuse people, looking too dark to be a light elf and too light to be a dark elf. The first thing people frequently take notice of is her golden headdress complete with ram horns (Outfit reference). She stands at 6'2" with a curvy but athletic build.
-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Quaero (minor clan)
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ: A stylized door at the base of a mountain.
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: Eldest daughter (amongst 18 siblings) of the 7th family of the Quaero.
_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ: Sleeping roll, ratios, coil of rope, journal, Golden Ancient trinket, change of clothes, light armour (though with extremely heavily armoured boots).
_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ: The tips of her boots are designed to function as blades; the heels hold golem mechanics allowing them to extend to be used as a weapon as well. Three daggers of various sizes, and a few mana stones.
_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ: Specializes in a form of fighting that resembles capoeira. Mastery of offensive empathy.
Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ: Having been born the eldest daughter in what would soon become a large family (per Quaero tradition); Ovis found her hands full since nearly day one. When she wasn't out learning the trades of her people she was stuck helping raise not only her siblings but her cousins as well! (The Quaero being very community oriented). This sort of upbringing had instilled a strong protective urge in the woman, but also a stubborn streak; having always attempted to rebel against her elders and sneak off instead of having to deal with the chore of guarding her family's hoard of children. With the Moon Wars Ovis found herself losing family and her home, all having been replaced by the cold unfeeling underworld. The sudden change was a shock to live through but in the following decades it was one she eventually got used to. Any thoughts of depression, home sickness and the like were put on the back burner as she thrust herself into the dealings of her clan. With no home to go back to they would have to make do of their new surroundings as best as they could; and soon enough the Quaero once again began to grow though now with drowussu amongst their ranks. In recent times Ovis entangled herself with a dark elven male (one she refuses to call a "mate") and things would have been fantastic (he was a sweetheart after all)...had their private life not left her sexually frustrated. And so, instead of bringing up said problem Ovis opted to take the easy route out by avoiding him.

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_
"Ovis!" The male's voice echoed down the hallway and the female ducked into closest room, promptly shutting the door behind her. So maybe she was just overreacting, but...this was embarrassing! /He/ was embarrassing. But this would serve him right for being so damn...selfish!

Ovis shook her head, so what if she was overreacting? He was the one who never did anything about it! What? Was /she/ supposed to keep doing all the work? Certainly not. The Quaero woman froze when the sound of approaching footsteps got within earshot. Pale, frantic eyes looked over the room before they settled on the small window. She didn't waste any time, barricading the door with a large chair before she made for the window. It was tight, but she managed to get her hips through with a soft pop.

Yeah, going back to the mess that was the surface world was starting to look /very/ appealing.
Last edited by Maria on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Ax'smira » Mon May 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Maria wrote:The front page explained it well enough, exactly why I said it would give me a chance to explore the Querces past, not them as they are in the "present".

I'm happy to hear that it explains things well. I just want to make sure no one confuses this with Varash or think that this is tied to Varash's past. Varash is Durlyn's idea, so I think it would be mean for me to do anything with the city. Instead its just a random group that might eventually become a town of their own.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby Maria » Sat May 28, 2011 6:58 pm

We doing this, or what?
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun May 29, 2011 5:56 pm

That being said, we do have enough for a party and a quest. We can get started, Ax'smira, unless you had other plans?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Ax'smira » Sun May 29, 2011 9:10 pm

True, I just thought that maybe others would like to join. However it would be rational to begin. So on that note. I will post my last two characters, who will lead the group.

--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Agi'ris and Ouz'elam Ry'rann Val'Ay'hamira

---Aɢᴇ: 125, 2nd generation

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: Drow

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
Both have brown hair. Though Ouz'lam has long dark brown hair, that seem black in certain like. Her skin is also darker than her brother. She has one eye of gold brown, however lost the other one to spores. She can still see, however she covers it with a one way seeing patch as to avoid stares. Meanwhile Agi'ris hair is pale by contrast and his skin takes on more grey tones, which make him appear lighter. His eyes are a deep orange. All over his body are tattoos that was thought to keep mana ways clean.
Ouz'elam Agi'ris

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Ry'rann house of the Ay'hamira Clan
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ: Link
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: 'Noble' Scouts

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ:

Grappling hooks,
Rope,
2 sleep rolls,
2 'insta-cliff',
2 packs ( holding rations, extra camp gear, mana stones, etc)
2 earth foci
2 water foci

_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ:

1 double head hammer (connected by chain),
2 crossbows (one small carried on the wrist, the other normal)
1 bow
(a sorted arrows)

_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ:
Both excel at scout craft being nimble and flexible.
Ouz'elam has mastery in earth sorcery, also with high arts in water sorcery.
Agi'ris has mastery in bone sorcery, along with high arts in earth sorcery.
Agi'ris also is a very good healer with pretty good knowledge of usable underground flora and fauna

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:
For the last 95 year, the Ay'hamira clan has used their little twins to keep hold of their power. At first, the twins were like all the other drow children. Given their excellent sight and need of little food or rest, they were perfect as scouts. Sent off ahead of what was becoming a moving city, breaking down barrier, opening water ways, and creating the temporary homes. Yet, Souz'lum saw another possibility for her twins and sending them further and further ahead. Which was fine with them both since neither was wanted much at base. 95 years later, the true reason for their mother's ambition has come to light, with a few minor hitches.
_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_

"You want us to what?"

"Lead them...Its very easy and it won't interfer--"

"Right and I'm doing this cause..." Ouz'elam said pacing around the small cavern space. She wasn't fond of formal chats with mom, but today's chat was probably the worst one yet. Even worst than the 'eye patch of doom' conversation. Despite that and all the other ones, she was here listening to the woman plot her way along. Using me like a blasted hook, she thought as ground her teeth against a scathing remark.

"This means both of us, Ouz," Her brother reminded her calmly. He seemed to be taking this well, but then again he wasn't carrying the clan on his shoulders. Nope, a male of his station merely need to...Alright, that isn't fair. He has been plenty of help. Just calm down an--

"It has already been decided. You and your brother are the only guides we can offer at this moment. The rest of your group are already in the tunnels, looking for permanent places. None have answered and the council--"

"Oh I should have known those sun-sucked worms would have a hand in this. What they want us to baby sit their babies?"
"Probably more like guide their babies to gold."
"Uh, so that's what this is."

"Yes, and you will do this or risk our current standing. If you like that pretty armor your wearing. Yes? Then this will be easy for you. Do this last job and we'll be done. All accounts settled. So what do you say?"

For a moment, Ouz just stood still and then sighed. Pulling her twin tails out and taking her hood down. Without looking back, she starts out of the cavern, "Lets get the babies to their new cradles."
"I believe she just said yes."
Last edited by Ax'smira on Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Note: Tuain'esh is going to have a LOT to say about being called a baby.

Proposition: Open a new thread where we can RP and keep this as the "OOC" Thread.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Re: The Great Journey Down (Registration and OOC Thread)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Note to all: GAME THREAD IS OPEN.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern