Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Great Journey Down (Registration and OOC Thread)

The Great Journey Down (Registration and OOC Thread)

Postby Ax'smira » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:49 am

So, I was reading through the Path to Power archives...or at least the bit I had access to reading. All the while my mind was roaming through my own archive of drow related role plays that I have taken part in. When this idea hit me.

In almost all of the rp's I've been in, we've almost always started with us being settled. We've set up home, had a war or two, battled a bit and come out drinking tea and patting each other on the back. This is all well and good, however it doesn't offer much of a chance to interacted. Eventually the clans must part, the players belong to different groups and the world they live in keeps spinning. Yet, there is a story we never really talk about...maybe cause the comic barely touches it.

*Will you get to the point, mad woman!?*
Yes
Yes I will!

My point is that in the comic (main comic here folks keep up) there is a section that talks of the long journey that the Dark Elves had. Its referred to, talked about, has a little Day Dream thing going on for it (...I think) and we even add it to the histories of our clans, old elves, and cities...However we never truly explore it.

What happened to those that didn't have Sharess?
What path did they take?
What became of them?

The questions are never ending. From the ones above to those like what is their culture like and what clothes do they wear and food they eat. I think it would be interesting to see how those outside of Sharess's gaze managed to live and survive. Were they lead by one queen or many rulers who throw their lots in together? How did they handle the new breed, their "deformed" children? Where did they settle or did they never make roots? Was it one clan that broke apart or a group of broken clans and tribes that came together? What were they're battles, wars, and enemies?

Yup, I'm talking about role playing that time. They're time.
They're journey...
On the long
winding
road
down.
Last edited by Ax'smira on Tue May 31, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Plans and Plotting

Postby Ax'smira » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm

I will now add to my proposal, since I now have had 15 people look at and not comment on my idea.

<::Overview::>

It has been a while since the exodus, the dark elves and the few light elves that have fled the surface have been journeying for awhile. They have settled once or twice, but those places didn't have enough resources to keep their growing population alive. Thus the majority keep traveling, leaving the few stubborn and tired behind. The old slip away and the former kingdoms, have fallen down to mere clans, tribes, and guilds. New dangers are met, but the most worrisome for the population is the birth of the drow. As the continue to travel the first generation of drow are born and raised and each new birth reveals that their numbers might be increasing. The people begin to panic that this a disease and many say that this is do to a lack of a settlement. In order to off set the growing panic, the leaders come together to decide how to handle the new panic as well as how to find a place suitable for this people.

Their decision is to have a group made of followers or member from each of their groups. This group would travel ahead of the slow moving caravan, clearing the road, confronting any problems and trying to find a suitable place to settle. They would need to be quick and through, however no one wants to send anyone they might need. So they send the expendable group is a mix of people, from the best warrior to the simplest adviser.

▓P L O T▓

The empires of old have fallen, the leaders have died and twice your people have been driven from shelter. At first it seems easy, the first settlement was too easily accessible by the enemies of old. The second, was a mistake. Too few resources spread out to thinly for an every growing population. Now, in a last ditch effort to find a suitable home, the leaders of what remain and what has been created have come together to decide what step to take next.

In the end they decide to send out squads, small groups of explorers who will given the list of requirements decide where the people will settle next, while they hold out in wait in the make shift town they have created. Clearly things aren't going to go well, scheming clan members and group members will attempt to take control or even impede on this little adventure. As they each have their own goals and missions in sight.

~General Idea~

Alright, so there is a modest size group that come from all the different houses, old kingdoms, and whatnot. This is cause no group, clan, house, or guild wanted to be cut out of possible resources. Thus the group is formed. I did it this way because I wanted people to be allowed to create the clans that their character originate from. That and it offers the chance for people to be creative, which is what I hope people will do.
If you have to drawn from actually stuff from the comic, take some of the Path to Power freshness, mix it with the schemeing and undercutting of the main comic and throw a bit of Relic Hunter fun and adventure in. Boom you've got the bases for my idea.

:..::Profile::..:

Code: Select all
--Nᴀᴍᴇ:

---Aɢᴇ:

----Rᴀᴄᴇ:

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
____________-_____________

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ:
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ:
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ:
---------------------------------

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ:
 _-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ:
_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ:

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_
[*I ʙᴀsɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀssɪɢɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ*]

*deletable
Last edited by Ax'smira on Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.

Postby The Watcher » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:54 pm

This sounds pretty interesting. Would it be possible to take part as an inhabitant of one of the Dwarven cities that would still be around in this time period?
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby Ax'smira » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 pm

I suppose there could be. Yet, I'm not sure why one would join a bunch of elves. So it depends on how you weave them in, without the dark elves actually have spotted the city. Since some of them would not hesitate to take what they see as available land.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby The Watcher » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm sure I could come up with any number of plot hooks, after all, there's no history of warfare between fae and dvergar yet, so it's not like they'd have inherent animosity to each other. A dwarf has knowledge of this new frontier that the elves lack, and if said dwarf is in any way significant amongst his people, the potential for engaging politics is good.
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby Ax'smira » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:01 am

Well, I just want to make sure you have a clear idea of how that will work. You don't need to explain everything to me. So long as the character background explains how they came about helping the elves, etc. I don't really mind having one maybe two along.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby Ax'smira » Tue May 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Double posting again. This is sad.

Alright, so I'm guessing those who are interested have stopped by and read what I have. However having found no profile decided to wait. Sadly, I've been waiting for more interest to be generate. So I'm putting up the Profile just yet. Not in till I can judge whether or not to let this place die or not.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby The Watcher » Tue May 03, 2011 6:20 pm

I think you have the interest, but it's not like any of us can contribute further until we know how to proceed with submitting characters. If you post the profile information, you might see the activity you want. And if not, well, you've only lost a couple minutes writing up the submission format.
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed May 04, 2011 1:48 am

Agreed.

Furthermore, it'd be interesting if we could get slightly more of an idea where the plot will be going. Searching for a settlement, hack and slash through monsters, etc?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Ax'smira » Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 am

Alright, I can see where you all are coming from. In that case, I will post the profile in the slot above, as well as provide a bit more insight into the plot. However I can't go too indepth since I don't know what kinda of characters will be sprung on me. I mean I didn't think of a dwarf join or guiding them through.

That kinda stuff, might through off my idea and who knows what else you all might come up with. So I was hoping that people would pop ideas like that on me. However since it appears more is need I shall post more information.

Edit: I'm truth, I'm not quite sure how much more information you need. You will create a character who will join their group, that will confront the creatures and the flora of the underground as you look for a proper place for your people as a whole to settle. Of course there will b hidden agendas and the like, but really do I need to tell you bit by bit what you will be facing, when, and how to confront it?
Think of this roleplay as a mix between the raiders adventure in the Shadow of the Sharen tower and Path to Power.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby Ax'smira » Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 am

Another double post, however I'm not as sadden with this.

Everything is up as other have suggested that I do. If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments please leave them in the thread unless you want to plan something evil and then you can pm me. I will post up one of my characters below, to give you an example.

--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Ha'anira Val' Nurohomi

---Aɢᴇ: 100, 2nd generation

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: Drow

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
Dark brown skin, with two spiral tattoos on her forehead and around her arm. Her hair is waist length and the light brown (eg. the color of papyrus). She has wide eyes, that are sea green in color. She has a few marks and scars on her skin from her training. (Link to appearance)

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: (Val) Nurohomi
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ: 回 (I know I'm just being lazy...>.>)
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: 6th and final daughter of the late Illharess

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ: One sleeping roll, rations, hood and face mask, light armor, rope, grappling hook, change of clothes.
_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ: Two small daggers, polearm, throwing darts, two mana stones
_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ: Mastery of staff and polearm use, mastery of air sorcery, intermediate study of pressure.

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:
No one said it to her face, but it was what ever one believed. Ha'anira was the cause of her mother's death. It had nothing to do with complications or blood loss, it was much simpler and so much harder to say. Nurohomi tribe, now clan, had not been a major power when they had started into the tunnels. Yet as other nations, tribes, and clans withered and died the numbers of the Nurohomi had grown. Perhaps it had been the fact that these strange dark elves, isolated as they once were had managed to retain the blessings of the old goddesses. They remained pure and untainted of the growing plague. In till Ha'anira was born. The first drow born to a major member of the clan. Driven by shame and horror, the formerly proud and strong Illharess crumbled leaving her eldest in charge. Hatred was the lightest term you could use in term of her relationships with her sisters. Only honor and pride kept her from being another soul who followed hopeless in the wake of their people.

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_
Ha'anira lay awake her eyes trained to the cavern roof above her, trying to envision the starry sky her sister bragged about. Yet there was only rock and a the weak glint of the reflective glow of their false city's light. She wondered whether they would move again soon and how many they would loss this time. They were rather bleak thoughts, sure. Yet somehow it comforted her to know that maybe a few of her sisters wouldn't make it to their precious surface again.

Not like there is much up there, she thought to herself as she pushed herself up, listening for the soft sound that had caused her to stir. Frowning, she turned and then blinked in the light coming from the mana light. Once her eyes were clear she could make out the grim face of one of her nieces. They didn't exchange words, the younger girl merely climbed up onto the ledge where Ha'anira had been resting, gave the sigh of respect dictated by her beloved sisters. Then the girl hesitates, then seems to finally cave and hand her a rolled up sheet that she had clenched in her hand. With a finally bow and a sad look, the younger drow left her to read over to her own death.

"Well, it appears the figured out how to kill me while giving me great honor...," she muttered softly and then sighed looking out into the inky blackness that now seem even more depressing and daunting than when she had started watch.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon May 09, 2011 9:37 pm

--Nᴀᴍᴇ: Tuain'esh Val’Salgtlin de’Ulnen

---Aɢᴇ: 684, 1st generation

----Rᴀᴄᴇ: Dokkalfar (Dark Elf)

///ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
Skin Color: Approximately Southeast Asian
Hair Color: Color that is 85% Blue, 5% Purple.
Face: Pleasant, but not shockingly good looking.
Body: 5’10” tall (1.8034 meters). Long and lithe, honed from many years of jumping, running, climbing and gymnastics.

-----Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Nᴀᴍᴇ: (Val) Salgtlin, House of Ulnen
--Cʟᴀɴ/Hᴏᴜsᴇ Sʏᴍʙᴏʟ: (Will arrive later)
-Cʟᴀɴ Rᴀɴᴋ: Veteran (rank 9/10) of the House of Ulnen, specializing in assassination. Val status won through rank.

_Eǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ:
1 sleeping roll (if necessary)
1 “insta-cliff” (if necessary). It appears to be a piece of stone or worn masonry when in use and has enough room to store a sleeping dokkalfar, his boots, and his armor. It uses special hook-mechanisms to latch onto the side of a cliff or building. Recommended installation is at least two stories above ground level.
1 backpack with straps crossing in front like a vest and worn tight against the body. Contains the packable objects mentioned in this list.
1 set of water (and blood) resistant white robes with a red sash, cut to allow freedom of movement while maintaining a mostly accurate representation of a set of religious cult robes. ((Approximate similarity to a Roman-Catholic Cassock.)
1 wide, leather combat belt, contains compartments for throwing knives and medicinal products. Note: Belt is worn OUTSIDE robe and is secured with the sash
5 uses of medicinal poultice, to guard against wound infections.
5 rations of food and water
1 pair of armored climbing gloves, used for last-defense blocking of weaponry and the aforementioned climbing.
1 pair of metal spaulders- medium
1 hinged and jointed cuirasse- medium
1 pair of vambraces- light
1 pair of greaves- light
1 pair of steel toed boots with gripping soles.

_-_Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ:
10 throwing knives
1 dagger-gauntlet. Consists of a metal plate for defense, a mechanical extendable blade from the base of the palm, and a mana-boosting foci for ranged attacks.
1 crossbow (10 bolts)
1 “side-sword” type blade, essentially a wider and more versatile rapier (rapier = thrusting only, very thin). Very light and very fast, used mostly for deflecting, parrying, slashing, and thrusting.
5 mana crystals
5 fire foci
5 uses of a neurotoxin that causes massive hallucinations before death by catastrophic failure of the central cortex. Applicable through injection.

_-_-_Sᴋɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀɢɪᴄ: Master swordsman and master of silent assassination. Accurate and efficient with crossbow and throwing knives, but not a trick shooter. Skilled Earth Mana Artist, melding Earth Arts with sword play to devastating effect. Light and flexible for gymnastics, unsuited to heavy combat. Primarily relies on quiet blades in the dark or expert swordplay to kill people. Tends to utilize high-profile assassinations as distractions as well as unconventional uses of scenery. Also skilled in free-climbing, rope-assisted climbing, running (sprinting and marathon), gymnastics, and undercover operations (disguises, etc.). Prefers running over fighting. Note: Not trained in managing large numbers of enemies, as a good assassin wouldn't let himself get caught in such a situation. And Tuain'esh is a VERY good assassin.

Bʀɪᴇғ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:
Tuain’esh was old. He felt old, though he didn’t look it, nor did he feel the physical effects of age. But nearly 700 years of existence tended to wear on you when you were a Val’Salgtlin de’Ulnen, a member of the clan’s clandestine order and one of the best there was. It had not been easy, securing the clan’s position, and even then they’d almost had to bow to the damn Val’Sharen. No, the Val’Salgtlin made their own fortunes and were subject to no one! Tuain’esh had been part of the Moon Wars, had seen death and dealt it in his own part. He used to think he’d become jaded, become bitter and perhaps kill himself in his later years, but this never happened. The thrill of battle, the joy of a successful counterattack, these were parts of him so fundamental now that to part with them would be akin to parting his aura from his body. His service to his clan had been exemplary with a rack of mysterious kills so heavy it threatened to sunder the imaginary tinders that braced it in the minds of his clansmen. He had lived to see the first drowolath born, lived to begin training them in the ways of the House of Ulnen, had even lived to see the first few drowolath go out and return from their first missions blood splattered and successful. Yes, he had lived long, and now it started to grate. So, Tuain’esh did something entirely reasonable: he asked for a vacation.

_-_Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Eᴠᴇɴᴛ_-_
“A vacation?” asked the Grand Master of the Ulnen. “We can hardly give you a vacation, Veteran Tuain’esh.”
“Then a more adventurous assignment, master,” answered Tuain’esh. “For years now, I have served the clan through clandestine stabs and dangerous infiltrations. I long for the times where I journeyed across the lands escorting dignitaries and rescuing nobles. Times when I could enjoy the world around me instead of focusing on completing my task. Are there no assignments like this?”
“Well,” mused the Grand Master, “the Illhar’ess recently requested a skilled warrior for a journey in search of a new home. Would this suit you?”
“Yes!” Tuain’esh said excitedly. “I have little experience in geology and other such considerations, even after all these years, but I would lend my blade to such a task.”
“Very well, we will send you. Here are the requisite details. The journey will begin soon, ensure that you are rested and equipped.”
“I hear and obey, master.”
“Go, child, and do your duty.”
Last edited by DeadPigeonGolem on Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby The Watcher » Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 am

((I'm still interested, expect my submission after finals end.))
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby Ax'smira » Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 am

Its okay. I'm a little busy right now too. So take your time.
Anyway, I'm happy to see another profile go up. I'm actually getting pretty excited about this.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby Ax'smira » Thu May 19, 2011 4:54 am

Um, Anyone else interested?
We have tons of space!
Its just screaming for attention!
Ax'smira
Demon

Next

Return to Game Tavern