Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Clans RP Project (OOC)

Re: Clans RP Project (OOC)

Postby Maria » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:40 am

Here's some of the Querces stuff, Ax'mira. Not to sure where I stuffed the other documents;

Querces Culture

(Part I)

RELIGION: The Querces clan lacks, unlike many clans, a goddess/god or a set of rules to live by. Nevertheless they still hold a belief system centered around two figures; the Golden Ancient and the Great Mother.

Creation Myth:
Before any sort of history, the world was devoid of life. All was water and fire, and from this chaos arose the Golden Ancient. With the creation of the Golden Ancient the chaos cooled and moulded itself into the world. Seeing this, the Golden Ancient scoured the raw earth with its’ horns and the water stored under the cooled earth poured forth and formed the seas. The water nourished the young earth and plants began to flourish. Task done, the Golden Ancient laid upon the earth and slept, passing a whole 21 nights in slumber.

When it awoke it found small clay figures of various shapes and sizes huddled about its warmth. The clay figures had form yet they lacked the warmth the Golden Ancient exuded in abundance. Once again the Golden Ancient set to work, giving each of the clay figures a part of itself. In the end there was nothing left of the Golden Ancient, but life as we know it had begun.

Figures:
The Golden Ancient, is an odd deity akin to a guardian angel of sorts. Even so, the Golden Ancient serves as both “creator” and “death” in Querces mythology. It is a spirit often portrayed as a large golden ram, or a genderless figure. It is unknown if the Golden Ancient is omnipotent, it has never interfered in worldly matters. Its’ only duties since the creation of the world has been bestowing life upon newborns (this moment is believed to occur when the newborn draws first breath) and assimilating it in death (it is believed that the aura, or soul, is only an extension of the Golden Ancient, and one that returns to it in death).

The Great Mother, is merely another title for the Querces Illharess. Her status in the Querces belief system is one of a guide or shepherd, and as such the Illharess is greatly revered. This role is not necessarily religious, but more to show that the Illharess is there to serve the best interest of her flock (clan). The Great Mother must often leave decisions concerning -herself- to her flock (it is a system in which -she- takes care of -them-, and -they- in turn take care of -her-). As such tradition dictates that every number of decades the Illharess must bear a child, the father (her mate) is chosen by the people from a group of 21 males deemed suitable to have the honour of fathering a child for the Great Mother. The Great Mother and her chosen mate are then prepared by servants for their union. Separately, they are bathed and adorned in delicate white robes (without decoration). The two will then meet for their union (something that is repeated for three nights to ensure the conception of a child). After the union the two may remain mates if they wish, though it is far more common that they go back to their usual daily lives from there. During the decades between the unions the Great Mother may choose her lovers, but no child may be consummated from the relationship.

Other Notes on the Querces Religion:
-Many Querces will carry a token of either the Golden Ancient or the Great Mother on them for good luck.
-The reason they work with medicine/healing so heavily is because they believe it to be a form of preservation of the gift of life bestowed upon the beings by the Golden Ancient.

(Part II)

PHYSIOLOGY:

Though both are essentially drowussu there are a number of things that differentiate Querces drowussu from M’elzar drowussu. These differences have been around long before the light elves sailed across the sea and abandoned the surface.

Querces females have been noted as being significantly taller than their other drowussu cousins, on average they reach a height of 5’11”. Because of this, their genders are much closer in height (males still at the usual 6’1”) than with other drowussu or with the drowolath.

Their ears are on average quite shorter than that of other fae. Not only that but they do not jut out at the sides of their heads, instead being turned in closer to their skull.

The Querces drowussu lack the vivid blue eyes the M’elzar drowussu posses in abundance, and their eye coloring variations are much more restricted than the varied colours of drowolath/dark elf eyes. Their eyes come in extremely pale shades of gray, yellow, brown, and green (because of their pale hue some Querces have been mistakenly believed to be blind by outsiders).

Their complexions are pale, but they lean more towards being a dull beige rather than the cold grays of other drowussu. It is because of all these aspects that the Querces (are considered to be a racial subcategory of drowussu.

(Part III)

ORIGIN:
The modern-day Querces are descendants of a tribe of shepherds, the Quaero. They were pastoral nomads herding both goats and sheep. The Quaero were exclusively empaths; their sorcery aided them with herding and tending to their flocks. During this early age the Quaero developed such things as cloth weaving, basket weaving, leather tanning, cheese making, leather etching, fabric dyeing, and the Tarra guitar (an instrument like a baroque guitar). Though considered light elves their physiological differences maintained a rift between them and the light elves living in large cities and kingdoms. One such kingdom went on to initiate an imperialistic expansion that engulfed the pastures of the Quaero. Fearing cultural assimilation the Quaero escaped to higher ground.

Their flight to the mountains brought them into union with elven tribes already there, and the two began to mingle till their two cultures merged. It was at this time that the Quaero began to show their apt skill in sculpture and architecture as they carved their new homes into the mountain face. This was also when their Spellsinging affinities began to develop, as manipulation of voice was needed for communication between far off families in the mountains.

With growing numbers they soon formed a minor kingdom made up of 50 families (each with 21 members) living in the mountains of the light elves frozen continent. When the demonic taint began to spread they allied themselves with the original M’elzar kingdom. The resistance of the light elves proved futile in the end and the Quaero were driven across the seas with their brethren. The light elves made their way to the oriental continent and established a brief city there, only to be driven underground with the dark elves as the demonic parasite spread.

With their second exile the M’elzar established themselves as the dominant clan, assimilating the Quaero and many others into subhouses. Thus the Quaero became the Querces.

CUSTOMS:

Gender Views:
The Querces view of the genders has varied over the centuries, though originally quite equal they began to shift towards patriarchy under the M’elzar, but fell under drowolath-inspired matriarchy once they carved themselves a place amongst the great clans. As such they tend to fluctuate with the times, instead or remaining static in their views. Though still considered a matriarchal clan their males hold near as many freedoms as their females.

Parenting:
Unlike their M’elzar counterparts and drowolath society, the Querces -demand- that a child be raised by both parents. The parents may go their separate ways if they wish, but only after the child has reached the age of 40.

On the topic of ‘child abuse’, all Querces citizens are expected to keep an eye out for such actions. Child abuse or neglect is a crime punished quite severely, often with the offensive parent being put to the sword. Any other participants in the crime will suffer differing degrees of punishment.

(Ex. Had Ariel been a Querces Quain’tana would have been beheaded, Syphile would have had her hands cut off and mouth stitched, and Kel’noz would have his eyes and tongue torn out for never reporting the crime.)

Superstitions:
-The number 21 is considered very lucky by the Querces. It stems from the 21 nights the Golden Ancient slumbered during the creation.

(Part IV)
The Querces society puts a lot of weight on appearances, but it is not to ‘look good’ but for the symbolism appearances carry within their culture.

ARCHITECTURE:
-The various doors in the walls of their pit cave all have intricately designed borders around them. When read, the geometrical and complex symbols reveal the purpose of the particular entrance and where it leads (ex. A library, a tailors shop, etc), sometimes it will also denote to whom the place belongs to. The more intricate and complex the design the more important the place is, or the more wealthier the owner is (if the entrance leads to a private home).
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Ax'smira » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Wow :O

I now feel like I've been slacking on the Shurri'rivvaki.
That and your clan is so cool. Man, if this rp doesn't get off the ground. I would love to rp a person within your clan.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Maria » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Ax'smira wrote:Wow :O

I now feel like I've been slacking on the Shurri'rivvaki.
That and your clan is so cool. Man, if this rp doesn't get off the ground. I would love to rp a person within your clan.

I'm glad you think so ^^ Feel free to send a pm my way if you have any questions about the Querces and the like~
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:05 pm

I think my clan needs to get into a war with that other gem trading clan :o
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Maria » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Sonor Val'Illhar'dro wrote:I think my clan needs to get into a war with that other gem trading clan :o

The other gem trading clan?
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Celice » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:09 am

I'm working on the write up for my clan now :3 hopefully will have it done soon ^^
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Maria » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 am

Well this isn't exactly taking off.

Might go with another RP idea.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:13 am

I've been ready to go...heard anything from the others?
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pariel » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 am

I'm dreadfully sorry, I've been busy with Real Life issues. I'll try to post the streamlined clan info soon.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Kinda what Pariel said. That, and had a ton of other projects to go on with. And well... Right now I'm just waiting, if we can come up with some history for the clans. Like, any large wars, natural catastrophes, anything like that? Or do we just go with a history line for each clan alone (...maybe a war here and there), nothing large & whole cave-trembling having happened at all?
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ax'smira » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:53 am

While I might be editing and trying to think of a plot reason for their move to a new place, that I haven't thought of before. I'm still very much interested in seeing this rp get off the ground...or maybe roleplaying within Maria's clan or something of the sort.
I think it would be interesting to see how the clan simple interacted.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.

Postby Maria » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Alright, so I've started working on a an RP within the scope of the Varash worldsetting but that will take things in a new direction. It won't take place on the surface, or in the underworld. Players will be able to choose between playing Querces or foreigners thrust into a new culture. This is as much as I will say on the matter at the moment. What feedback I've gotten back thus far has been positive with those I've spoken to. So...we'll see how this goes...
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 pm

The more i hear about this idea the less I like it, so I take my leave, and feel free to use my clan as you see fit.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Ax'smira » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 am

I don't mind the idea. I like your clan, but in the hope of holding people in the rp...I would say that a new settlement or having an invading force enter the city or something.
Ax'smira
Demon

Postby Maria » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:21 am

Ax'smira wrote:I don't mind the idea. I like your clan, but in the hope of holding people in the rp...I would say that a new settlement or having an invading force enter the city or something.

The new idea does deal with a completely new settlement. Like I said, you'll see.
Maria
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern