Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Clans RP Project (OOC)

Clans RP Project (OOC)

Postby Maria » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 am

So, here we have it, a thread to discuss the potential Varash 3.0 All previous players and any new ones interested; feel free to post any ideas on here of what you would like to see from this rp and what sort of things you would like to omit that hampered the previous two Varash threads (like fucking long meeting waits).

The only concrete ideas thus far are;

1. Everything has been moved OUT of Varash, either to a new cavern or to the surface. (and since Durlyn is passing this time around the M'elzar and D'aron are no longer involved. They probably stayed behind in Varash anyways).

2. The time skip this time around will be pretty big. Thus allowing for significant changes and so on and so forth (gives everyone a bit of a fresh start)

So, let's seem some ideas being bounced around.
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Re: Clans RP Project (OOC)

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:18 am

Well, we could go with the idea 1#, in a new cavern. Possibly either a long-stablished location/city that has seen it's worth of stuff happening for past decades, or then a rather "recently formed" location that is still searching it's boundaries. Clan clashes are common as everyone tries to settle down in the "immigrant" movement to the cavern.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Alric » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:20 am

I'm going to suggest that we move stuff to the surface...I and a few of the other players of the original, the GM included, conceptualized a reasonalby well thought out surface colony.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Zickman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Life is fickle. My workload decreases enuff to grant me roleplay time just mere days after i quit all my threads. lol. Smh. Oh well. Glad this thing bounced back just in time. XD. I'd return under the condition of the Kel'thak now being a major clan as opposed to a minor one. If the time skip is a big one I think that this would only make sense.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Pariel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Awww fuck. THe ever changing flow of my life has been set on "too many rp's at once" mode ><
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Zickman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 am

I agree with the Duke, not much sense in being Drow if we aren't Underground.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:33 am

I would enjoy an attempt at recolonizing the Surface but either way works fine for me :)
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:47 am

Well, we could always go for idea of "Fully open cave to the overworld."

Meaning, there IS a cave, but it's inside a mountain, so that one end of the cave is basicly full open to the outside world, on ground level. This causes that the inner cave parts are in constant darkness, while outer parts "enjoy" day and night by sun and moons. It could be thought that most clans have stayed in the dark end of the cave, not really brave enough to try to step out of it, while some "great" clans have started to grow crops in the sunlight, and such things.

...Just trying to come up with ideas that would combine those two. Not meaning to make any sense. ^^;
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 am

Seems we've got more going for the staying underground scenario. Sounds good to me.

Now before we rush at this like a herd of hormone frenzied elephants with raging boners;

What races would you guys like to see in the new city, and what should be left out?

I'm for kicking out any lightelves :I
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:21 am

I'm alright with everything except Xuile'solens.
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm

I'd say Xuile'solens aren't really in, too, except for the few that live among some clans (yes, we're talking about extreme minority here, not even worth mentioning).
Streekiders would be automatic thing for out, as well as demons (...Not worth mentioning, again?)
All non-fae are okay (though seeing any free goblins seem to be rather impossible)
Ne'kalsaiders and Waelinders should be okay, but as again they are rather minor (there might be a clan who actually have a large number of Waelinders, but hey, that's different thing)
Light elves might be only some elder in clans, or other similar people. I don't see how any mentionable number of light elves would have survived in the town without REALLY high social status and power. So, not saying "kick them out" but rather "keep them low".

And of course, basic people (Drowlath, Drowussu) are automaticly okay. Ver'drowendar, same thing?
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 am

Also, how long of a timeskip should occur? A century?
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Ax'smira » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:17 am

I think we should should go a little longer. Remember drow live longer and thus a century isn't that long to them, I mean in the comic all this stuff has happened in 16 years and I remember in a podcast someone said, I can't remember who. That this 16 year time was something amazingly fast to the drow. That things happening at this rate is unheard of for them.
So I would push to 3, maybe 4 at the max, centuries. That way a lot can change, but all our characters can still be around.
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:59 am

Agree with Ax'smira. It should be somewhere around 300 years. That we there can have been rather dramatical changes in the air (explanation of possibly few clans disappearing and new ones appearing) while the memories of the old can still hang in the air.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Avalon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm still kinda undecided on whether or not I should join in this RP, partly because I played such an unimportant role in the last two Varash RPs and partly because the mercenary group I played as were made up of humans and thus wouldn't still be around after a 300 year timeskip (or at least the original members).
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination

Next

Return to Game Tavern