Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Cal'Coro'Matoak: City of Watching Shadows(registration)

Re: Cal'Coro'Matoak: City of Watching Shadows(registration)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun May 29, 2011 5:55 pm

YUSH.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Alric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:58 am

Sorry for getting this in so late! Hope it's acceptable. :3
Name: Schast'e Esmeralia
Clan: Val'Esmeralia
Hair color: light blue
Eye color: pale green
Items on person: Fine clothing and jewelry, purse of money, dagger, writing utensils and vellum
Personality: Outgoing, persuasive, relaxed. He's the sort of guy who can persuade people to see his way and do things they might not originally be of a mind to do. He currently works as a pimp for the Val'Esmeralia, and has experience managing the gambling rooms of their resorts. Certainly the sort of person you'd like to spend time with, but not quite the person you'd seriously think about trusting. His empathic abilities aid greatly in his salesmanship and public relations duties.
Appearance: shoulder-length hair, favors purples and blues in his often gaudy attire; favors open vests and loose trousers.

1.Well, hello! So do you have any family? Mother, father, brother, sister? All in tact I hope?
Yes, I have two loving parents and a younger sister. I had a brother, but he was killed by a drunken patron who happened to be quite irate about something...I don't recall the exact details, but suffice it to say it rarely happens around here. Now, can I interest you in any of our fine restaurants?

2.So do you believe in Sharess? If not what do you believe?
Sharess? Ah, that goddess the Kyo-something or others are always talking about. I know she's an empress who supposedly ascended to goddesshood and saved the dark elven race. I'll pay homage to her if she'll put money in my pocket.

3.Do you believe that the Val'Nalorn are really in control or just fat freeloaders?
I'd say the latter...but I don't care as long as they can spend money for our services.

4.What do you think of foreigners?
They're great! Most of them pay big bucks to come here.

5.Do you believe in aliens?
Aliens? You just mentioned foreigners, didn't you?

6.There is a man dying of hunger in the street, what do you?
Ignore him. If he had, or can get, money, I'd help him in a heart beat, though. Same if he'd be willing to work for me.

7.You find tiki stuck on its back, its soft underbelly burning in the mana lights...do you flip it on its back?
I don't see why not! After all, tiki's are my clan's totem animal!

8.Does drow sound good for dinner tonight?
Of course it does! I know many ways to prepare it just right! You'll never look at random strangers or the people you want dead the same way again!

9.Dear Sharess! Muggers appear armed to the teeth! What do you do?
Throw some change on the ground and run away or call the guards!

10.Interested in finding a significant other or do you already have one?
I'm single right now. I'm not terribly interested in finding a lover at the moment, but should the right drow come by...well, you know exactly what I mean!

11.Now the most important question....boxers or briefs? (or thong, panties, commando...)
Boxers...normally.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Chairoumm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:29 am

Howdy doody, folks. :3 Y'all got such a neato game that I enlisted with the forum purely to join in. Yes, that is a newbie stoking your ego-flames. Unsubtle enough? :3

Registration form
Name: Fau'heol Rakshasa.
Clan: Rakshasa.
Hair Colour: Mauve taupe.
Eye Colour: Red/white.
Items On Person: Bingo Book-written in personal shorthand. A Rakshasa-patterned war fan, kept tucked into his belt. Armor, see Appearance section. A magnificent halberd stolen from the corpse of a Wind Sorceress; exactly as long as Fau'heol is tall, with a pair of slots for sealing stones or foci in the dull side of the blade, the opposite end is counter-weighted with a heavy ball, which can spring out two small fans armed with Wind Foci for surprise attacks. Personal keystone. Bag of Ada (20). Four sealing stones.
Personality: Do you have a plan to kill everyone you meet? This guy does. Are you the person you want to be when you die? This guy is. Fau is of the mind that you only should kill if you're ready to be killed, and that you should only be carrying a weapon if you feel ready to kill/be killed. He'll cheerfully beat this lesson into you, and may even let you live if you put up enough a good enough fight. He differs from the bulk of the Rakshasa like that; he'll kill for food, or clothes, or other necessities, but his trophies come in the form of a long list of people who he's had the pleasure to fight, and either let loose to grow stronger so he can fight them again, or unfortunately had to kill, and looted their bodies of all salvage. If you remember the first sentence of this section, good on ya: Fau is a pragmatist. He'll cheat, fight dirty, and avoid a direct fight; because just he's willing to die doesn't mean he's looking to do so. Word on the street is: he's an asshole.
Appearance: Certainly not an elite or a Vel, this average-Joe hunter is decked out in the basic gear with minimal personalization. A helm with a coif to protect the neck, and a braid of hair. A dark-red cuirass set with the Clan symbol, over a tunic of scaly leather dyed light blue. Dark red shirt underneath that, long sleeved, and covered at the fore-arms and hands by gauntlets set with oblong pieces of amber. A belt with a skull buckle holding up a shred of fabric dyed light blue, but dark red at the fringe. Armored leather pants, coloured dark red, tucked into slightly over-sized blue boots decorated with spikes. Average height for a male drowussu, and powerfully built too.
Mana: Wind sorcery. Fau'heol's affinity to the Wind element is deep and strong; but due to his being male, it is not very well trained. He can hide soft to medium sounds, improve his jumping and running ability, and whip up debris clouds. He knows there are more potent uses of Wind sorcery, but he has not yet been cleared to learn them yet, since he is neither elite, a Vel, or a female.

Questionnaire.

1. Well, hello! So do you have any family? Mother, father, brother, sister? All intact I hope?
Well yeah. Th'hell do you think I came from? Rocks? Parents are around somewhere, I'm sure. Sisters and brothers are off doing their thing. If any of them accuse me of giving them help every so often, they are filthy liars whom you should beat with blunt instruments.

2. So do you believe in Sharess? If not what do you believe?
I believe she was born, and that she was a gods damned good person at everything she did, but she is not a Goddess. A Great Name, certainly, though.

3. Do you believe that the Val'Nalorn are really in control or just fat freeloaders?
Please insert hysterical laughter lasting five minutes here. Seriously though, they might just make a comeback...if they can actually grow a damned spine.

4. What do you think of foreigners?
Mixed. Most have the sense to not carry a weapon they're not fully prepared to use, some don't. Some come to pick a fight, show they're the alpha. Some end up served up with a side-dish of mushrooms.

5. Do you believe in aliens?
Yes.

6. There is a man dying of hunger in the street, what do you?
Drag him home, see if any of the leaving huntresses need a new ver'aku, or extra meat.

7. You find tiki stuck on its back, its soft underbelly burning in the mana lights...do you flip it on its back?
Flip it back onto it's feet. Little kindnesses, and all that.

8. Does drow sound good for dinner tonight?
Depends on the seasonings, but yeah.

9. Dear Sharess! Muggers appear armed to the teeth! What do you do?
Break myself off a switch, because there gonn' be a whoopin'!

10. Interested in finding a significant other or do you already have one?
I'd like one, sure...but all the good ones are already taken, dead, or frequently off being somewhere I'm not. Still looking, though! *wink*

11. Now the most important question....boxers or briefs? (or thong, panties, commando...)
Briefs.

The GM commented on my Mana power being too powerful. So, considering we have a Pressure Sorcerer, an Illuminator who can use illusions, and I don't think anyone else listed their Mana types, I went with the distraction/movement enhancing stuff. :3
...*shifty*
Yes, he is an Airbender.
Last edited by Chairoumm on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairoumm
Nether Seed

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:28 am

Ah, note that smothering sounds isn't actually what wind does, it just obscures them with it's own noise. It's unlikely that your character, with his backstory, would know how to remove air molecules from a source of noise.

And: "Bingo book"? Fights dirty? Why do I get a feeling that you just made a character from the Village Hidden in the Sand?

Unrelated sidenote: Airbender is more of an AtLA term. Air Sorcerer is (I believe) the canon designation of one adept with wind-based sorcery.

Also, I dunno if it's wind SORCERY or wind ARTS. Someone check that, please.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Chairoumm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Ah, so sorry. I just know wind messes with sounds, and not the specific mechanics. :3 I'll edit that out in a moment.

Caught that reference, did you? :B I noticed the similarity in the Vel'Rakshasa and Suna styles of individual excellence over a team effort, and ran with it.

That was just a term to help get a mental image. Hoping, jumping around, using a fan-supported staff for some maneuvers.

Sorcery is a natural connection to a certain element, which allows for powerful spells without verbal or somatic components High Art is more appropriate for males, but has the drawback of needing both somatic and verbal components, as well as being less powerful overall. At least from what I've been able to glean from the Wiki and comic; and so I went with sorcery because it has more room to improve as the rp goes on. :3
Chairoumm
Nether Seed

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:01 pm

See, I understood Sorceries to be the capacity to manipulate an element up to a molecular scale, whereas High Arts involved slinging the material around en-masse. So, for example, an Artist could cause a rockfall when it normally would not have occurred, but a Sorcerer could do something like make the earth turn into quicksand.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Chairoumm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 pm

As one approaches master-level skill in both parts, I imagine it gets harder to tell the difference. As after a certain point, High Artists need to develop their own spells and such to continue improving, while Sorcerers have such a deep connection that they don't necessarily need to work so hard at it. In this instance, my character having a Sorcery instead of a High Art is more a flavour thing, since it's so untrained that it has no direct damaging ability. :3
Chairoumm
Nether Seed

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 pm

That's true. I'm not really arguing against your character, at this point, I'm just doin' it for the lulz.

In terms of the airbenderness: you realize that halberds consist of a combined spear/ax/icepick, right? This is designed for the weight to be to the front, instead of balanced in the center, so I foresee issues utilizing the halberd or the mini-fans to their full potential.

However, in terms of inventive weaponry: What you could do is have a "halberd attachment" and a "fan attachment", which connect to the haft of the weapon. You can then switch attachments as necessary.

Back to the mana: While it's definitely true that he's unlikely to be well trained, he's also lived for 241 years, so it's unlikely that he'd be incapable of, say, Furton: Daitoppa or Kamaitaichi no Jutsu (english: Great Breakthrough and Sickle Weasel Technique). Both are relatively simple, especially Daitoppa, and the damage is based on mana used in the technique, so it'd be easy to upgrade.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Celice » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:04 pm

The character seems find to me :b so I don't see the whole point of pointing out everything you disagree with about the character ^_^; Feel free to join any time Chair :3
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Bah, that's true. Sorry Chair, didn't mean any offense. Welcome to the Drowtales Forums, enjoy your stay!!
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Chairoumm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I was actually meaning the Japanese style of halberd, the naginata, which is essentially a sword on a pole. However, your idea of attachments is a good one. *ooo* I'll have to ask the GM about such a thing, but I could simply move the blade of the weapon to be tucked into his belt too, remove the references to the built-in fan, and say the warfan is the fan attachment, and carry around the haft as a light staff.

From what I've seen of the Vel'Rakshasa, they're like the Sarghress in that they focus more on physical ability than Mana arts. I was using the advanced age to back up his personality, of being an intense physical fighter, with only minimal magical ability due to being an oddball, a rank and file soldier, male, and not a Vel. However, I could ask the GM for say, having a large enough aura to manipulate large amounts of air, to create strong winds for blowing/causing secondary damage, but it not being refined enough to, say, actually turn that wind into cutting blades. However, the game is just starting out. :3 My guy can still learn such skills as the game progresses, and will be the better for it.

[hr]
Had to wait two hours to post due to failed internet. :P But really, I don't mind the critique. If the character is good as-is, that's fine too. :3 I'll be sure to post soon!
Chairoumm
Nether Seed

Postby Ax'smira » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 am

I'm happy to see a new comer! Yeah more people!
Ax'smira
Demon

Location: Dressing up and going out in my lovely Moons End outfit to enjoy Chel before it blows up.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Celice » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 am

characters can change and develop in an RP, tis inevitable :3 so I see the character sheet as the starting point, not how they may be the entire RP. Hey, the character might even die or something. Bad things happening to a character is what makes it interesting >:3
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Chairoumm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:16 am

Agreed. :D So, since apparently some players may have gone inactive, what is the posting order nowadays?
Chairoumm
Nether Seed

Postby Renfri » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 am

God to see some newcomers :) Anyways, just thought to notify that the worst is over and I'm able to be back in the game. Just need to catch up on what I missed. Sorry for the absence and all that inconvenience.
Renfri
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern