Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Re: Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Postby Shamus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm

((OOC)) John cannot do anything about the rupture, nor can he aid in the seal. Furthermore I have a big exam today I've been studying for. *wee* ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kithrune » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:07 am

((why don't we just flash forward to lv 15 and just say everyone made it./ooc))
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 am

With everyone in the circle, Han upped his chi output. The sigil glowed brightly, made a loud humming noise, then vanished, the party with it, in a loud crack. Ten seconds after-wards, the Miasma of Doom consumed the place they were standing.

A flash of light, another crack, and the party has landed in the environment of Floor 15 of the Tower of Druaga, Han now unconscious from Acute Chi Fatigue. DM, what are we looking at here?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 pm

As the flash of light cleared out, a new vision of land came to be around you.

Large pillars. VERY LARGE pillars. They were colored light blue, and looked lot like miniature versions of the Tower itself. 7 of them, forming a ring with single in the middle. Diameter seemed to be around 20 to 30 meters (60-90 feet), and every now and then there seemed to be a randomly located rock bridge connecting two of the pillars.

There also seemed to be some sort of mist hanging in the air, preventing you to see more than few hundred meters (maybe 500 feet) above you or below you.

Yes, you could see below you. The whole party is standing on top of a large sand-rock pillar formed in neat circle, seeming being teleported away from the 1st level with Han's spell.
The sand-rock pillar itself is standing on just few meters wide crystal-rock bridge connecting two of the pillars.

Then, something shakes the whole bridge, and you see a large (about tall man's sized) red scale to fall to the bridge. It appears one of the dragon's scales was cut off with the teleportation spell.

Only sad thing is, there appears some cracks on the bridge in the spot where the scale fell, and you can hear the loud sound of rock splittering slowly apart.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Shamus » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:14 pm

((OOC)) Ok, so half the group is out... ((/OOC))

John's eyesight was still not the best, what with after-images and flashes, but he could see enough to know what the deal was.

"Nearest tower, move!" He squirmed out of the golem's grasp and ran over to Han, who seemed to have collapsed after the spell. Sheathing his sword, he bent to throw the fellow over his shoulder. "Somebody grab his stick."

He headed over to the edge of the sand-rock pillar made by Han's spell. ((OOC)) Eltharrion, how tall is this thing? You say "large", but that doesn't tell me whether or not John can just jump down or the group needs to break out climbing gear. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:32 pm

((My bad. It's only 2 feet tall sand-rock pillar. And it's crumbling down so you can just run down it.))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 am

((Han is still unconscious))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 am

((OOC)) I guess I should stop waiting for others to reply and just go for it... ((/OOC))

John hopped down, stumbling a little under Han's weight and started booking for the nearest tower. "Let's get a move on!"

((OOC)) And I have reached another impasse. Eltharrion, what kind of door or entrance does this tower have, or does it even have an entrance? ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 am

((...A pillar. That's all. No doors, no real ledges, maybe some small hand slots that allow people to climb on the wall of it with extreme difficulty, but that's all. There's no way inside, at least what you can see from current point.

So yeah, everyone else, post?

Oh, and before we forget:
Two members are missing. Zakarias and Roland, at least at current point. ^^; ))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm

plz delete
Last edited by Kithrune on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 pm

((OOC As far as I recall, her/it/the psychotic golem lady-thing is called 'Temrash', not 'Termish', also, DM, we are surrounded by damn huge pillars, climbing the pillars is extremely hard? Just wanna make sure I got everything right. Also, Temrash just said that all out loud, right? Not just mentally? OOC close))

Burk, still cradling the unconscious nice-man Ramirez, skipped over to the ledge where nice-man John and weird-lady-huge-clay-thing-kind-of-reminding-him-of-his-sister had jumped down, carefully watching that nice-man Ramirez didn't suffer more wounds Burk followed them. He still had the slight feeling that weird-lady-huge-clay-thing-kind-of-reminding-him-of-his-sister had something against nice-man Ramirez, but he might just have misinterpretated her overly-long words.

After all, who could not want to have friends and happiness?
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:46 pm

((You stand correct. You are on a bridge connecting two of the pillars on one of the sides together [no point going for which direction from the center, it's a circle], pillars are crystal-like rock and have only small cracks and pointing pieces allowing for possible climbing, though it would be really hard without any climbing gear. Now, who brought that with you?
Also, the bridge seems to be slowly crumbling under you due to the impact the dragon's scale caused. Just to remind you))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

((If you can give Han an energy boost, he should have the agility and speed to get a rope up to the top and tie it off.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:05 pm

John blinked, pressing a hand against the rough side of the tower. "Well this isn't good. I'm not sure I could climb this without carrying my gear, let alone with it and Han."

He poked around where a door would be if there was one, pushing and rapping with his knuckles to see if anything moved or sounded hollow. "This is odd, why would someone make bridges that go to nowhere?"

((OOC)) How are we to give Han an energy boost? John, Burk, and golem are the only ones standing.
Two members are missing. Zakarias and Roland, at least at current point.
I think I listed rope as something John was carrying, but no real climbing gear. If all else fails knives and daggers can be used as improvised spikes, but that's rather risky. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 am

((Duke... that kicked ass, forget my previous post. i did mean for Temrash to be psycally communicating but i guess i should have been clearer on that. If you would like I'm cool giving control of Temrash back to you Duke, you seem to have a much more defined personality for her than I do.))

Ray began to stir, hearing Temrash's thoughts in his head. He liked Roland but why? She made sense. too much sense.

<I know i can win but not on my own. I admire John, Burk is full good will and Han is a beast. but the others I don't know. Ramirez has to heal and Roland will abandon us in a pinch. Zakarias is unstable but at least he has my back. Our back.>

<Kinsmen. Stay with me. Protect my friends as I would. Earn your place at Isis's side and join her when we leave this place. I will give you voice and hands but for now, please, stay with me.>

((Burk will have to carry him, John is too weak to and the group medic is barely conscious. Temrash only has one fingerless arm free.))
Kithrune
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern