Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Re: Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 am

((Hmmm.... Does anyone else know magic? Because a mana infusion would be best. Temrash could also do some sort of psychic demonic possession stuff to freak Han into awakeness. If you want to see Han scream about his soul being violated, have Temrash half-way possess him.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:50 am

Duke Nukem wrote:
DeaPigeonGolem wrote: What DPG just said.

((Well it's true! He's a monk!! He's been taught that all demons will rape your soul and absorb it into their being. What would you EXPECT him to do?!!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:20 am

((OOC)) Well, I was thinking it was a slow process and we might have a bit longer. Also, the entire bridge may not fall away, merely the middle part, leaving our characters standing on a short section near the tower. ((/OOC))

"I think we're going to have to climb this thing. Who has knives and other things we can stick into cracks?" So saying John quickly cut a few pieces of rope and bound Han to himself, then reached up and shoved both his knife and dagger into suitable cracks. "If I can keep my feet pushing against the tower with enough friction I won't snap a blade... maybe. How about you?"
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Shamus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 pm

"Ooof!" John had had his hands resting on his blades, but he had not had his weight on them yet. The sudden drop surprised him and although he reflexively grabbed tightly, the shock tore his right hand from the dagger, a bit of blood flashing out where his burned skin came away. Amazingly his knife did not snap under the combined weight of him, Han, and their equipment, though it had bent slightly and shifted sideways in the crack he had placed it in.

Frantically his feet scrabbled on the tower's side, trying for purchase. Pushing off the wall with his feet and reaching up to his limit he felt a muscle pull in his side, but the dagger was his again. With that, his position steadied and he was able to get toeholds and relax, or insomuch as he could with his armour and Han's weight straining his entire body. I should have just tossed my pack...

His fate momentarily under his control again, he craned his neck around Han's arm and tried to look around to see if anyone else had managed to stay, or if they had all fallen.
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 pm

((Fortuitous awakening, go!))

Han blinked himself awake. What just happened? Where was he? And why was he staring at John's butt?

Oh. The yawning chasm filled with plummeting comrades might have something to do with that.

"So, do you have any rope?" asked Han, shifting to a less unpleasant position.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 pm

"You're wrapped in it, but there's more in the bag," John grunted as one foot slipped a little.

((OOC)) In case you forgot, Han was hastily tied to John's back. Movement may be complicated. I didn't really think out exactly how he did it to be honest. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:34 pm

((Oops. Well, assume that the rope was pinching in uncomfortable locations then?))

"Right then," said Han, untieing the rope, then fastening it to John. "Hold on, will you? I need to go save some comrades."

And so he jumped off of John and mostly fell towards everyone else but somewhat held on to the wall, holding on to the rope in one hand.

((I'm going to assume essentially infinity rope here, we can say that John JUST BARELY had enough rope left))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:48 pm

((OOC)) Tell me Han isn't somehow going to catch up with them while sliding down the side and then expect John to be a suitable anchor from which he will hang multiple persons from with a sudden jerk. It was an impressive enough feat for John to hang on with the two's combined 400+ pounds of men and gear. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:41 am

((Well.... yes. Unless you have a better idea? There's no way Han OR John can do anything other than pulling insane deus ex machina. Now, if Han's real name was Naruto Uzumaki, things might work out differently. And no, Han cannot summon.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kithrune » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 am

((He dosen't have to. We can assume Ray got some of his mana back while passed out.))

Ray felt himself slip from the golems grasp. he felt weightless, floating, the wind mesaging the stripes of bear scalp on his head.

then he realized he was awake and the ground was coming up fast. to murder him. that wasn't going to happen.

"Kuja...Wangu...Pajoma!"

Five long metalic rods appeared in Ray's hands, three he stabbed deep into the rock, halting his fall. he stood on two of the rods, leaving on above him for Han to grasp.

he then took out his bow, felt for the wind, and fired the last two rods at the falling humans, hopefully pinning them to another rock face.

He was muttering the incantation to create a sixth rod when he stopped.

<I'm sorry aunt but i can't save you. sometimes people are banished for a reason>

and with that, the golem's structure began to harden, becoming brittle like fine china while fusing to her soul. Ray's last request of his creation.>

((If your falling and want to live, please write a post that says something like 'and the rod pinned him to the other cliff by his cloak/non-vital body part'.

See, problem solved w/o any latin needed ;) ))
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:28 am

"You know, in hindsight, this was just really stupid," Han said to himself as he skidded down. "This is what I get for expending all my chi and then taking aggressive action after just waking up. Oh look, fortuitous piece of steel!" *le grab* *JERK-stop* *John is unharmed!*

Han is excessively deadpan when he's not fully awake.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:33 am

((OOC)) A stunt like that out of the same person who threw a fit over Rec's hoverboard? ;) Edit: Wouldn't expect a single metal rod fired from a bow through someone's cloak to stop them while falling at or near terminal velocity either... ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:39 am

((Yes, but Rec had several other options. Like, idunno, DODGING RAPIDLY. And we have magic, so it could possibly be assumed that John used an Unusually Sticky spell, whereas it is physically impossible to hold a several ton object fling at 60 mph with a hoverboard designed to hold no more than 100 kg))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kithrune » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 am

((Might work if it hit a leg or shoulder, assuming they drank their milk as a kid. to be honest, I exspect those people not to post, the rods to miss, and all the mages to die. Han can always go super sayin if we find ourselves against another dragon who rapes reality with fire.))
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Shamus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 am

((OOC)) My father was reading an article in the Time magazine that said if technology continues on the curve it is presently we will have supercomputers more intelligent than humans around 2045. The main problem I see with this is that we are running out of ways to make smaller computer chips, which makes it difficult to achieve this goal without building a massive massive building-sized computer. So, Skynet maybe, Terminators not so much. Maybe we'll find a way around this. After all, we know at least the human brain is possible, although requiring a lot of cross-processing. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern