Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

It was a normal day in city of Meskia. People went around, did their shoppings, hundreds of Climbers walked around streets trying to get along, and now and then louder roar could be heard coming from high up in the tower, echoing all the way to this level. Only real difference was that people were walking around much more, seemed more exited, and the Uruk army's flag could be seen over many inn's doors, while soldiers belonging to that flag spent their money in the mentioned inn. THIS was nothing you normally saw around any town.

People were talking more than usual, too, but mostly a single sentence escaped to people listening around them.
"The Summer is coming"

To many of newcomers, this meant only more questions, as summer had come every year, and weather seemed already to be warm and summer-like. It didn't sound so different from normal.

-----

Zakarias was walking on the eastern side of the Meskia, avoiding any possible sings of bad luck as usual. He didn't want more of it on his head.
It was not looking good for him for his quest, either. From what he had studied back at his master's, Tower was full of deathtraps and monsters and goddess Anu-knows-what-else. He couldn't do it alone. He needed allies. So, now he was going around, and on every single person who looked like a Climber, he stopped that person and asked around a simple question:

"Are you possibly climbing to the tower? If so, are you in a need for a practicer of magic?"

((So, heeeeere we go people. Sorry for shabby work, had to rush it a bit to fit in the time I promised. It turned out that buses hate me for some reason))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Tower of Druaga - stairway to the skies

Postby Shamus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

John had been walking along aimlessly, idly peeling an apple as he went, but paused as Zakarias approached him with his question. He studied the fellow for a short moment, not quite sure what to make of him.

"Eh, I just might my good man, I just might. What kind of magic are we talking here?"
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:05 pm

In some distance, a magpie flew to the city, its eyes looking over the busting city with interest. Its wings flapped furiously as it rose higher, trying to spot something to eat or of interest.
In a few moments, it noticed a shining piece of silver on one table, next to a stand keeper. With single flap, it pulled itself to swoop, grabbed the silver piece and pulled back up, too fast for the stand's owner to even realize his meal technically flew of the table.
Magpie rose up, but suddenly a strong wind-gust blew over it, and it spun around in the air and dropped it's treasure, which fell down toward the streets once more.

----

Zakarias lifted his hand up, formed a simple seal to air and started to speak softly. He really needed to show this man what he could do.
"Aatelia, Rathelis, Zanbaare. Bring forth the winds, and turn the tide once again."

few seconds later, as the magpie released it's grasp from silver, Zak grabbed the man's hand and pulled it open in front of him. Same moment, the silver piece fell down and landed straight on his palm, whirling there for a moment and then setting down.

"Answer, my dearest friend, is Fate. My name is Zakarias. Pleasure to meet you."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Shamus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 am

John raised an eyebrow, his knife frozen mid-peel.

"Interesting..." He nudged his sword hilt with his elbow. "Not a substitute for a good blade and a strong arm, but certainly a useful skill to have in the Tower. I'd love to see more."

He shifted his attention to the newcomer. "Gotta agree with you there fella, I make my own future."
Shamus
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 am

Zakarias nodded toward both of them, seemingly agreeding to their words.

"You are true in this matter. Fate is not sealed. And thus, it can be altered. Everything is a web, a web where we cut and tie ropes to make our path over it. I just simply create paths for others. Right paths to those I want, and wrong paths to those I hate."

At the same moment, the previously mentioned magpie decided to take a dump in mid-air. Right over Zakarias. And soon, warm white-yellowish stuff fell on his shoulder, rolling slowly over and down. Zakarias gave away a silent sight.

"...And then there are those of us who seem to walk on the wrong paths all the time even without aid. So, dear mister, you never gave me your name. Considering we might be climbing there together."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Burk was confused. Everyone in this 'tower' was so much more... smaller than him, which yet didn't deter him from his quest of finding friends. He was unhappy. He had wanted to go up the 'tower', but the friendly guards at the city's entrance had warned him that it was something called 'suicide' to go.

The guards had also been so nice to tell him about the entry-money-needed-to-enter, which, after it had become quite apparent to them that Burk didn't know what money was, they translated with give-us-what-you-value-and-you-may-enter.
Naturally, Burk had given them what he had valued most: A hug. For some reason, the two he had hugged suddenly started to scream "DEAR GOD MY BONES! STO- STOP IT!"

The guards had been very unhappy, which in return made Burk very unhappy. For some reason the guards apologized for something and told him that there were other 'adventurers' in the town, if he wanted to survive the climb he would have to ask to accompany them. Although the guards still sounded unhappy, judging from their words they had to be a little happier again, which made Burk also happier.

Thus, Burk made his way further into the 'town', all the while shouting "'ADVENTURERES'! 'ADVENTURERS'! WHERE ARE 'ADVENTRURERS'?
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Shamus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Ignoring the sound of someone shouting in the distance, John favored Zakarias with a slight bow. "John Cadeyrn, Fightmaster."

He then cast an expectant look toward Ramirez, resuming his apple peeling.
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:28 am

Han walked quietly through the crowd, bored and thoughtful. There were no books in the city!! Or at least, nothing that the Temple didn't already have. There was the guide to Tower monsters, but that had turned out to be more of a picture book then an informative tome. He spotted the Party gathering in the street and made his way over.

Overhearing Ramirez, Han said: "Even Cow-men have their strong points," and appeared mysteriously out of the crowd. "I see that you are forming an adventuring party. Do you have room for one more member?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 am

"Cow-man? Where?"

Zakarias looked around himself, until spotting Burk. Which wasn't hard at all, as the man stood up like a sore thumb in the middle of your face.
"...Oh."

Then he brought himself to a spin again, this time turning toward Han who seemed to have stepped into their conversation.

"Well, you could say so. If these gentlemen would like. And hey, I think the big one is trying too. So, why not take him up? We DO need some manpower and muscle up there anyways."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm

"'ADVENTURERS'! Where are 'adventurers'?"

Burk was quite happy with just shouting for the 'adventurers', but some time later, his voice being hoarse, he thought about a new strategy. What did he know about 'adventurerers'? He remembered mommy saying that 'adventurers' were people who left home. Of course! That was why he couldn't find 'adventurers'! If there were any 'adventurers' in this 'town', then they would call this town home, then they would be away from it!

And so, Burk made a radical change to his searching-strategy: instead of searching for 'adventurers', he would ask people if they knew were their 'adventurers' were! Thus, Burk made himself to grabbing random people, screaming directly into their faces "HAVE YOU SEEN ANY 'ADVENTURERS'?"
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Han scratched his neck.

"Perhaps we should call him over?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 pm

"Yeah, that might be good idea. Save the townsfolk and everything like that. Hey, big guy, over here! We're adventurers!"

At this point, Zakarias realized that the giant had been nearly crushing people's ribs up to this point, and so he stepped behind Ramirez after saying that, pushing the more armored man forward to stand out from the group and changing subject really fast.

"So um, anybody been up to tower before? 'Cause my knowledge is limited to books and similar things, having spend years in my master's library for this..."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm

"You have room for me? YAY!" Burk shouted out his joy and attempted to hug the nice white encased man. Then he noticed the thin man hiding behind the white-clad nice man, who for some reason wore a woman's dress. The poor dressed man seemed quite unhappy over something, thus Burk opened his arms wide to hug the nice-white-clad-man and the unhappy-dressed-like-a-woman-man both at once.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm

"YIKES!"

Taking a small step back, Zakarias quickly formed a seal with his hands, bit panic-like expression on his face. The big guy was gonna crush him with his bear-hug, and Ramirez's heavy armor would help him at all for that matter!

"Aatelia, Rathelis, Zanbaare. Shake the unknown and cut loose the prediction!"

Just in time, he though, as Burk stepped forward on small extremely round-shapish stones, making him roll around and to complitely loose balance.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Shamus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:04 pm

John side-stepped, keeping his knife and apple away from the stumbling mountain of a man. Then, perhaps a little foolishly, he leaned forward and put his shoulder into the fellow's path, to stop him if he continued to fall. He was fairly confident a good stance with the weight shifted forward could accomplish the job without getting squashed. If that failed he could dodge backward and get out from under him if he was quick enough.
Shamus
Demon

Next

Return to Game Tavern