Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Halo: Operation Broken Shield OOC

Re: Halo: Operation Broken Shield OOC

Postby Shamus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 am

Ok, Coufu it is... Unless I come up with something better. ;)

And since I like a good argument even if I have already admitted defeat: A whole hell of a lot of re-enactors and martial artists handle six-foot+ spears one handed all the time and they aren't built like an Elite. (Shield in one hand, spear in the other. Humans have been doing it with spears longer than six foot, pikes even, for hundreds of years. Without the shield there might be some difficulties in defense, but it isn't impossible.)
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:04 am

Hmm... Maybe I should go for a Jackal?

We DO need a sniper here, guys... And it would be funny, playing a guy less than half the size of the most party. =9
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Shamus wrote:Ok, Coufu it is... Unless I come up with something better. ;)

And since I like a good argument even if I have already admitted defeat: A whole hell of a lot of re-enactors and martial artists handle six-foot+ spears one handed all the time and they aren't built like an Elite. (Shield in one hand, spear in the other. Humans have been doing it with spears longer than six foot, pikes even, for hundreds of years. Without the shield there might be some difficulties in defense, but it isn't impossible.)

Soldiers in phalanx formation where they couldn't be flanked in a heartbeat. And martial artists don't use one handed spear thrusts, all attacks are two handed. Citation: Chinese martial arts, Japanese Naginata/Yari Techniques, standard tactics for pikemen in Medieval europe.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Eltharrion wrote:Hmm... Maybe I should go for a Jackal?

We DO need a sniper here, guys... And it would be funny, playing a guy less than half the size of the most party. =9

Do keep in mind that you'll be mostly in CQC combat, considering we will be in mines/refineries 80% of the time. Not that there aren't any applications for snipers in CQC environments. Just make sure you remember that we will be in CQC.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:07 am

Eru sounds like a character in this fanfiction I once read. Somewhat Gary stu-ish, but negated by the CQB environment. Your bio reads like Eru has +9-Sniping and average competencies in Hand to hand, Assault, and Explosives. If this is true, then he's all good. If you meant to say that he has +9 in everything, then you need to scale the character down to +5 in everything and +9 in sniping.

Also, the EVA suit might have limited applications. Just saying.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 am

Duke Nukem wrote:
DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Eru sounds like a character in this fanfiction I once read.

That... doesn't really tell me anything. Was it good?

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Also, the EVA suit might have limited applications. Just saying

We'll be fighting around a space station, or across a planet's rings. Everyone should be suited.

Unless we're on the planet itself, in which case you would fall through the surface for about 1000 kilometers and then be crushed by its core (which is probably made of metallic hydrogen). Before that, you'd go through denser and denser liquid gas so you'd stop falling before you got to its real surface - though of course you'd have died long before then for several reasons.

At the very least, it's something against AIRLOCK BREACH = LOLDEATH

@Character: Well I approved it didn't I?

@EVA Suit: And not entirely. Combination of airlocks and Covenant tech involving containment fields (alliances are such wonderful plot devices). Larger mines will use containment fields, Airlocks for the refineries, but those are basically very large, armored structures that have to be such due to space particles flying at high velocity. As such, it's unlikely that you'd get massive airlock or wall failure, and the Brutes could just blast through, but then they'd destroy possibly valuable resources and/or living space. Still, it'll be useful if we have to make an escape via chase scene. Eru can just strap himself to the shuttle and missile pod the pursuers. Heh.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Game Tavern