Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

=Probe=

Re: =Probe=

Postby Shamus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:53 am

Well I'm glad to have you aboard, willingly or no. ;)
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Am in for Druaga too, have already ideas for a character... think I will make something simple, don't worry, not Warhammer related.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Laughing Slaughter wrote:Am in for Druaga too, have already ideas for a character... think I will make something simple, don't worry, not Warhammer related.

You just need to point your interest in Druaga-topic and send in the character idea in some point and you're in. We aren't going to start in a rush, so you got plenty of time for it. At least for now.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Apparently he's been a bit ill lately, he left a notice (I think) in the Shrooms RP.

I move to boot the Halo RP into standby mode, in case Eltharrion will be gone for a long time.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Yeah, I was bit sick back there. Coughing my lungs nearly out. Plus had to spend all the time I wasn't ill to make sure our "grand-opening" got passed up (we had to make food for 300 people, put up the tables, make sure everyone got something, was the dishes, so on and so on. Was extremely taxing physically and mentally, being our first big job. But we got trough it nicely).

So yeah, now I'm back. And for the point of Druaga being bit off, mostly I understood that shade was stile writing a character to it. Of course, we can always start anyways, but hey, would be nice to wait a bit...

Of course, I might have misunderstood it in my delusional state of coughing. ^^;
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm

I could PM him, I've been in a PM convo with Blackshade and it shouldn't be too difficult to slip in a question....

I reiterate that Operation: Broken Shield could be put on standby, just in case. But that may be just because I want to make you do morally questionable things in an RP....
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Actually, since we went by points, we'd probably fire up a AvP OOC, if necessary. Then a Plains of Blood Redux OOC, THEN the Operation Broken Shield OOC.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

...Waait wait wait wait

Are you guys just saying we're dropping my game off? I'd like to hear a reason to this. Even if it is "doesn't really hit being the best game to play".
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Nononononononononono.

I meant: If everything goes to hell and Druaga self-destructs/implodes, the next RP we'd do would be AvP, then PoB, then Op:BS
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Continue Druaga= 2 (6)
Zombies= 3 (8)
Halo= 4 (6)
AVP= 1 (4)
POB= 5 (6)
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Druaga: 3
Zombies: 2
Halo: 1 (of course. You didn't really expect me to vote differently, did you?)
AVP: 4
POB:5

To be more accurate though, I'd rank Druaga and AVP the same. I think I mentioned that I had concerned that it'd dissolve into hack and slash with epic battles? Plains of Blood would be AMAZING, but you'd need to calculate statss and all that and it just seems very very VERY complicated. HOWEVER, I feel that if we start now, we can have a plan done in a month or so and be able to successfully do a Turn Based Strategy RP.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kithrune » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Continue Druaga= 1st choice
Zombies= 2nd choice
Halo= 3rd choice
AVP= 4th choice
POB= 5th choice

the zombies and halo sound intresting but have to do any math past the standard four (additon, subtraction, multiplcation, division) would kill it for me. there things are half creative writing excerise for me anyway. If Druga went at a faster pace and had someone to replace the dead/let us re-roll as a smaller party I think it oculd be fun again.

I'm not sure about AVP, i never saw the movies so theres not much draw here.
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 pm

...So, I take you both mean "1st gets five points, 5th gets one".

In that case, current ones would be:

Druaga: 14
Zombies: 16
Halo: 14
AVP: 8
POB: 8

If, by any chance, DPG meant the points the way they are (...although I fail to see him putting a 1 for Halo), it would be:

Druaga: 14
Zombies: 14
Halo: 10
AVP: 10
POB: 12

...Both would mean, anyway, that with these ranks Zombies shall win. ("UNVictory! Zombies have overrun the whole game!" ...Yeah, try to catch the reference here)

-For POB, it wouldn't actually really take THAT much math. That is, if we play it fair and square. And everyone is ready to lose those soldiers when time arises.
Basicly it is that "points cause [½ points] damage", where there must be take in account the possible changing factors (ambush, flank attacks, specialty against enemies), which can be done as "free hits" or multipliers, like X1,25. Simple math still.

In the game itself, you don't need to think these multipliers for every single combat. For example, if enemy rifle squad (10 men, 5 points each) ambushes your scouts (8 men, 10 points each) in the woods, you could say that they manage to shoot down 2, wound 1 more and cause the whole squad to fall back and look for cover, unable to move anywhere at the moment and not really even able to counter-attack at the moment. This would be rather "realistic" scenario, and it wouldn't really take any math. AT ALL.

For bigger battles, of course, there is the whole "counter-countering the counterattack of counter-attack's counterattack". In this situation, I just say one thing:
Either we just go for what seems to be right (simple math calculations and being fair about own losses), or make a pool where other players can point out their opinions on the grand battle. And by opinion, I DON'T mean "like, your soldiers should have died cause I say so", but rather "in my opinion, both sides are taking a beating, though that [X] flanking movement should make you [Y] lose some extra men out there. Just saying."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 am

If people are willing to make WoD sheets, I'll totally run the Zombie Apocalypse. >.> I <3 nWoD.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:01 am

Yeah I did. <_< I just got busy/bored of that particular game. I couple times my post was entirely ignored, so I kind of just shrugged and gave up.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern