Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

=Probe=

Re: =Probe=

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Okay, few points:

1. Tower of Druaga just needs at least some people to point out that they might join. Then I start going really over with it. Got a lot of stuff already for it... Really, we've been playing this game for few times over tabletop with my local game group and we've enjoyed it.

2. PoB is back? Possibly? I'm in!!

3. Well, if DPG goes on with Halo, sure, I'm in. Everyone seems to know their stuff (and actually withstanding my holes of knowledge and misunderstanding). Though having something different for one game in the middle would be nice.

4. I think your picture has some problem in it (Saying "aliens vs. predators in text and then pic us just simply spam ad...)

5. Yeah, DPG hasn't GM'ed here, but on "official" RPG we got the Shrooms up. And it's DPG's. So yeah...

Final note? Would like people to join ToD (I want to be a GM up here for once!), but if that doesn't catch, then go with PoB.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:47 pm

I would personally vote for a good game of AvP, however that PoB doesn't sound bad either...

Just one question: IF we play AvP, what faction would we choose? Humans, Aliens or Predator? Also what era?

just to add: Never encountered the Druaga game, might have simply overseen it.
Last edited by Laughing Slaughter on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Shamus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm interested in all of these options.

A couple thoughts:
I wasn't paying attention and the Druaga game was already "going down" before I even saw it. I did watch the Plains of Blood one for a while, and even considered making an army, but didn't think it would be a good way to get my feet wet in online RPG gaming.
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Shamus wrote:I wasn't paying attention and the Druaga game was already "going down" before I even saw it.

I wouldn't say it's down already, but rather that everyone THINKS it's down. Really. We just need some 2 or 3 people to say something and it will rise. Bit like a fenix if ya ask me.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Please, more information about Druaga.

Also, question about PoB, we create armies, yes? So, how exactly do we 'write' the fights? Do we simply go I send X amount of units to Y position, then go to the flank of the X enemy, slaughter X amount of enemies in the process?
Last edited by Laughing Slaughter on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Found, done reading now, sounds interesting, withdraw dumb question for information. It also sounds very interesting. Still, my vote goes for AvP, failing that PoB
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Shamus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm more interested in the Druaga and Halo ones (have character ideas already, probably going to write them up shortly), but I wouldn't be opposed to the others. I guess my preferences are: Druaga>Halo>AvP>Plains of Blood.
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 am

I'll leave my story thing on hold, though I was planning on throwing several SNAFUs, FUBARs, and several morally questionable decisions in to mix it up a bit. To be sure, I'd totally love to do Halo again and if I get the chance I wanna role (get it?) with it.

Plains of Blood would, I think, require a more complicated mathematics equation then we have the time or the motivation to conduct. If we meet on the field of battle, we'd need to calculate army size, training, weapons, armor, terrain, weather, and morale to get anything resembling an objective fight. This would be difficult and while I'd have a lot of fun creating a Roman Legion with MJOLNIR Armor and Jackal Arm Shields, I don't think we'd be able to actually RP before it came down to quibbles.

Eh, Druaga really isn't my cup of tea either. Treasure and other such things aren't a motivation that I can work into, as I'd rather sit in a room and read through all the books on World History then climb a tower to kill things and gain ultimate power. Now, if it turns out that the only way to get to an epic library is to get that rod, that'd be cool, but I'd still rather do Halo or PoB first.

I really don't have any idea what to do with an AvP RP, so I'd also need a more detailed explanation on that. However, judging from what I've seen from the movies, and its not much, it seems like it'd come down to "OMFG RUN AWAY" a lot, which would make a good Fanfiction but not necessarily a good RP.

As of right now, until I get more info on AvP,

Halo > PoB > Druaga, with AvP = ??
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 am

YES. For me at least.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:32 am

Vote:

Halo > PoB > AvP > Druaga

Sorry Eltharrion, but I'm just not a big fan of classic Dungeon crawlers....
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:14 am

So basically nobody agrees on anything... *wee*
Shamus
Demon

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 am

Cause I wantz to fuck up yer numberz!

AvP>PoB>Druaga>Halo

*cackles*
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:11 am

How dare you! I do not troll. :[
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:02 am

Well, personnally my points would be (for everyones' suprise)
Druaga>PoB>AvP>Halo
(We've had two already and third coming. I think that we can take break from Halo after DPG's game)

So, after this, things would be

Druaga: 15 (4,4,1,2,4)
Halo: 10 (1,3,4,1,1)
AvP: 13 (3,2,2,4,2)
PoB: 12 (2,1,3,3,3)

For Pigeon, I have to say: Getting the the ultimate library is EASIEST by going to tower. Plus, there are more information in the tower than you can imagine...
And now I'm going with commercials. Funny me. *upset*
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 am

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

EHHHHhhhhhhhhh....

Can't say I entirely like the Druaga thing, as I can't imagine a...

...wait. Heh, just got inspired to make a character. But anyway, I've mentioned before that Druaga wouldn't be my favorite, but I'll RP it. To be sure, I liked all ideas, but we put them in order of preference, so...

Nothing personal, right Eltharrion?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Game Tavern