Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

=Probe=

Re: =Probe=

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 am

What do you mean? O.o
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 am

Err, yes, I meant to give Halo five points.

And I dunno, you'd still be ridiculously subjective with PoB. Say I fire from cover in an ambush with my Grenadier Corps, which are armed with Mk. 23 pistols and 6-shot grenade launchers. Assuming you have standard US Army accuracy training (which is to say: Ridiculous. You know that everyone else uses the 7.62, but the US Army uses the 5.56 because it thinks accuracy is more important the face raping?!), you'd probably score all grenades on the platoon. The words I just wrote are ridiculously subjective AND will cause massive arguments, because there will be much debate on whether or not a platoon can be annihilated by another platoon rapid-firing grenades at them, among other things.

Zombies: I reiterate that you'd either devolve to hack and slash or generic zombie plot. Unless you were some... oh...

Say, what if we were each the head of a "zombie squad" and were ordered by the hive mind to consume and/or assimilate the survivors within a building? It'd be more like "Flood" instead of "Zombies", but same principle really.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:01 am

That's why I like using WoD. : p If you fuck up, odds are you'll die horribly. Combat rarely goes beyond a couple rounds up-close.

Though if you guys rather use free-form, I'll pass on running it. : p
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:06 pm

blackshade10 wrote:That's why I like using WoD. : p If you fuck up, odds are you'll die horribly. Combat rarely goes beyond a couple rounds up-close.

...Can I play a Forsaken one, or maybe a Dreamer? Or is it just "humans & zombies"?
Would be nice to try out, actually. Been too long since I played WoD last time... Even though I have nearly every basic setting book for current ed.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:26 pm

I would prefer mortals only simply because playing a Forsaken, Kindred, or, God-fucking-forbid, a Mage, removes a LOT of the horror due to powers that let you trump lesser-supernaturals.

Though I am totally willing to run a separate Mage game. Mage is teh shit.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Well, Dreamers (aka Changeling) aren't that bad for the power-playing... Except their ability to run away from nearly anywhere.

Or wait...
We could play Hunters!
...Yeah, sorry, getting exited with everything about WoD. Been TOO LONG from the last epic game...
So, mages or mortals... Two of the kind I've never enjoyed that much. Then again, I never got to play mage yet, as our game master usually liked to make people first mortals and somehow I nearly always got turned into a ghoul... I'd think he had some annoying things waiting for me every time!
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:19 am

If it's Zombie Survival, mortal is the only thing that can really hold up that theme I think.

Mage... I'll think of something of that epicocity. :V
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Shamus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:08 am

Just to let everyone know: I am watching this thread, but I've got things going on in my life right now, so I'm not going to vote or anything. If I see something interesting going on I may join, but don't count on it.
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby The Watcher » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Just letting you guys know, PoB with attempts at using more tabulated game mechanics have been tried before. Mostly they just end up making things more complicated and time consuming, which drags the RP down faster.

I'm considering possibly making a dwarf-centric RP. However I am a busy college student very behind on his studies so I may not have the time.

Also what is this Leech thing that has replaced my avatar. I feel mildly insulted.
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri May 27, 2011 4:30 am

Finals. FUCKING finals.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 am

Still no internet connection of my own. Hence the reason haven't been around on regular basis. For some reason, the providors don't want to answer my calls. And I can't even hack into other people's wireless 'cause nobody in my apartment has a wireless connection wide enough to reach my block...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat May 28, 2011 2:43 am

Eltharrion wrote:Still no internet connection of my own. Hence the reason haven't been around on regular basis. For some reason, the providors don't want to answer my calls. And I can't even hack into other people's wireless 'cause nobody in my apartment has a wireless connection wide enough to reach my block...

It's not that they don't want to answer your calls, its that you'll just be on for a shitload of time. You need to wait at least three hours for most providers. UNLESS you get Qwest (dunno where you live tho), which has a reaction time of about 30 minutes.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Well, there's a rather interesting RP by Ax'smira here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=15372&p=668876#p668876

In other news, I need a week, but I can write up a start to that campaign of mine in Halo. The asteroid system and background info might need to be tweaked a bit, but we should otherwise be fine.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Game Tavern