Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Halo: The Battle for the Relic

Re: Halo: The Battle for the Relic

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:15 pm

((...Sorry, really. Got some deep stuff going on in my life, and as such, can't really find my "inspiration" hot to adjust the fact that Rec is... Well, a data stream program.
Don't worry, I'm sure to catch on soon.))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Shamus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Nicol is able to get through.

"Who is this? This is a secure channel. Now identify yourself."

Upon hearing her ID code, the attitude is changed. She is passed off to Admiral Youngs. Youngs demands a quick update, after which she quickly comes up with a plan of action.

"Alright Spartan, we've got hostiles in-coming. They outnumber us, so we can't simply fight them off ourselves, even if you take the Precursor ship out of the equation. So here's what we're going to do: We'll attempt a strategic withdrawal back toward one of the inner planets, fighting for time."

She sighs. "You on the other hand need to keep a planet between us and your ship, at least until the weapons are dealt with. If your team succeeds in taking the weapons from the enemy, you are to join us in battle, which should allow us to win. If they should fail... Well, we cannot allow the Covenant to keep control of that ship. In that event you are thereby ordered to fly it directly into this system's sun, or, if all else fails, right in front of the fleet's main guns. Am I understood?"

((OOC)) Also, my class is about to do a little field trip so to speak. This will take the better part of the next three days, though I hope to have internet access along the way. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Rec follows the communication between Nichole and the main fleet. It's really useful when you can actually read the data streams inside the ship. Though it gave him headache. Which was weird, as he didn't have any head anymore.
First going with Major, Rec actually spun around a small visual screen next to him online, a bright 8-bit smile jumping on it. For some reason, he just loved to have that kind of smile.

<Been better, for one point being dead. Raises a question, whether I am alive or dead. Do you count life from the point of mind, or from point of biology? Then again, I think religious people would say my soul already passed on...>

Then he suddenly started to talk aloud toward commanding office, with everything being heard clearly to everyone who were part in the fight.

<Admiral Youngs, this is...>
A short pause
<This is the "monitor" of this ship. I request to know what are you planning to do with my facility, sending it to the orbital center of this known part of the galaxy>
Some people on the fleet's commanding deck might have recognized it was Rec, but at the same time communication line and everything else showed him dead. One of the marines had actually reported via radio that Rec had been K.I.A.

Cutting of his speech to the fleet, Rec "turned" toward Major's group again.
<So, dear aftercomer, would YOU tell me why you are in my facility, destroying these annoying pests running in my system?>
It was a CLEAR sarcastic joke, spoken in too well-mannered way and "pronounced" really off from Rec's normal speech, mimicing other Monitor's voice quite nicely.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Shamus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:09 pm

((OOC)) Hotel internet is expensive. Borders is free. Guess which one I went with? *wee* ((/OOC))

Admiral Youngs, for her part, doesn't miss a beat.

"Monitor, as you are no doubt aware, we are in direct conflict with an enemy force onboard your facility. Your facility is superior to both forces, and as such cannot be allowed to fall into enemy hands. I'm afraid I do not have the time to explain the present conflict in sufficient detail at the moment."

Onboard said facility Rec receives another distraction: Some sort of wireless transmission.

<Hello fellow monitor. I am one-zero-one-nine Joyful Secant, Monitor of Installation R-1417. What is your designation?>
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 pm

The Major shrugged, arm-barring a Brute, shattering its elbow, and shoving it over the edge where it slammed into a platoon's worth of Kig-yar, killing them.
"Well, you know. There's the fact that they ARE pests, and pests must be eradicated. Also, my boss's life happens to pivot on our taking this section of your facility. So, you know, it's kinda necessary."

Meanwhile, the remaining Marines had appropriated several plasma turrets. The Brutes were quickly either blasted to hell or pinned into the back wall, AWAY from the controls of the weapon.

"Prisa! Brutes in the open, fire for effect!"

"Will do, Major!!" Prisa shouted back, sending shells flying at a high angle into the Brutes at the wall, rending limbs and burning flesh.

Quickly, the balls-out assault was ending with the entire enemy force destroyed.
The Major keyed his radio.

"Admiral, Fleetmaster, this is The Major of Spec Ops Battalion 4, Lance of Honorable Sabotage. We have secured the weapons platform of the Precursor vessel and..." he turned to check the Marines. They had commandeered the controls and were in the process of figuring out what buttons to push. "...access to the weapons battery is imminent. We await further instructions."

((Oh yeah!! Let's send some Brutes to hell and back to life and then back to hell!!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 pm

At this point, Rec just can't take it anymore, being a bad joke-teller forever. A loud, good long laugh emits from the main fleet's communication systems.

<Haah hahhahaha... Sorry Ad, just pulling your leg here! I'm the guy who used to cause a lot of problems back there, so... Bwuahaa! Man, it's too funny! Ya actually though me to be a monitor! Can't take it, need some air... Oh yeah, I have NO LUNGS! BWuahaahahahahaa!>

While "laughing" for a moment, Rec finally gathers his self and brings out more neutral voice to Joyful, tracking down it's signal. Feels weird, though.
<Hi, joyful. It's me, Rec. The guy who used those crawling bots to repair you when we found you. Back at the tunnels. Remember? Last one was just a thing called a "joke". Not sure if monitors do those often...>

----

Along to major, some parts of the control systems started to move on their own. Even ones the marines were holding.
<So, you aftercommers cleaned up my pests. Very well, it's only fitting that I shall grant you your deepest desire... MWPH- of the great spartan lady- Mhwuahahahahaa..!>
Again, Rec spurred to a good laugh, and if he would had a body, it would have been rolling on the floor laughing its face off right now.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am

"Well, it'd be nice if you could teach the marines how to fire the weapons," said The Major as he waited for further orders and set up a guard around the hallways leading to the weapons bay. Who knew if there were more Brutes incoming?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:41 am

"Well, I think we got through that completely unscathed," said The Major, looking back and surveying the assault team. "Wait, no. We got one guy with a first degree burn. Seriously, it turns out that balls out Marines kick more ass then your General Patton from the 20th Century."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm

<Umm, Nicole, if I may point out... Don't break the fire doors. We ARE going to need them.>

Little bit of smoke rose up from the guns controls.

<Ups. Sorry... He he. Seems like I shouldn't do my standard things here. Well, I think I'm getting a hang of this thing... By the way, what actually happened?>
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm

"Well, you were mostly dead, we plugged you into the AI Machine, then we all kicked some ass while you were downloaded and compiled. Not much else to say."

Understatment of the age, considering that eighteen marines ((Retconned, and estimated)) and four elites just took down the majority of a Battalion of Brutes.
Last edited by DeadPigeonGolem on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:35 am

((OOC)) No mention of those Hunters though... ;) ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:24 am

((Right as we're getting ready to fire on the enemy ships: "HUNTERS!!!!!"))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 am

((OOC)) The controls are, for the moment, yours. How would you like to proceed? ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:08 am

((Note: all officers are Marines at this point))

-Fzzt-

"Sensor array to fire control, status update," said the Marine in charge of monitoring sensor contacts. "Picking up forty slipspace ruptures on the other side of the planet."
"Understood. Monitor, request movement to coordinates 0-0-0, reference point the northern magnetic pole of this planet. Loading bay, begin prepping all batteries for immediate fire."

((I assume Rec will move the ship))

The Covenant Loyalist fleet was a horrifying prospect for the ragtag Alliance Fleet to counter. Forty ships, led by eight Carriers, flanked by two CCS Class Battlecruisers and two Frigates each. The fleet was led by the Unstoppable Justice, a carrier of unusually massive size, sporting enough energy projectors to glass Reach twice and provision to drop half of an entire army onto any planet in the galaxy.
"All ships, prepare to fire plasma torpedoes," growled the Brute fleet master. "Wipe these heretics from existence!!"

((Back to the Precursor Vessel))

"All batteries are armed," said the Loading Bay Master, "Ready to punch the big shiny button."
"Sensor Array, status update," said Fire Control.
"Enemy vessels are arming plasma torpedoes but still out of range. Allied vessels are forming a defensive line to boost shielding capacity."
"Telemetry, targeting status."
"Weapons lock in 60 seconds, in range in 180 seconds."
"Monitor, request weapons free status."

---

((Elhtarrion don't fail us now!!!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Shamus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 am

((OOC)) Yeah, that was my thought (about space). I figured you wouldn't be in the thick of it right off. ((/OOC))

The fleets manuver for positions. There are several major groups:
1. The Tigris Battlegroup, presently on the far side of the planet, relative to you. However, with the news of your victory they are on a course to support you.
2. The original enemy fleet. Though small, they are closest to you. Fortunately they do not seem to have gotten the memo about your take-over and show no signs of hostility as yet. They are coming about to join the larger fleet that just dropped in.
3. The new enemy fleet. They are rapidly approaching the planet and the other enemy fleet.
4. You, which, as DeadPigeonGolem said, are headed for the pole.

((OOC)) In case anyone is wondering, your weapons are totally kickass and a few hits can kill a carrier. However, your shields and armour are not so tough. Basically it's a get-'em-first sort of game. ((/OOC))
Shamus
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern