Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC - OPEN)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Castella knew she was in trouble the moment she noticed the other drunk lunging forward at her. Beeing completely commited to her failed attack and slightly off balance she could only make a doomed attempt to avoid the drunks bear hug, failing miserably. Her breath escaping her as she falls victim to the unexpected attack. "Hmph!" Now this was getting akward. She certainly didn't want to be anywhere near this close to one of these drunkards.

[reaction to avoid Grapple against Agility 31 = 31]

Roll(1d100)+0: 66 Total: 66 ... Castelle doesn't even come close to avoiding the grapple
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:53 pm

The one who had managed to wrap his arms around the girl grunted with the effort of holding her: “Gotcha.” He grunted with satisfied smile as he tightened his grasp, the alcoholic reek of his breath would be stifling from so close: “Play nice an’ I wont ‘ave to hurt ya girl.”

The burly boss bit back a yelp as the sergeant’s blow slammed all too close to parts of his anatomy that he deemed rather precious. The impact wasn’t enough to slow him down, but the fight and the alcohol was starting to wear on him and he found himself short of breath as he growled back: “I’d ha’ thought someone like ya,” He paused to draw in another breath: “Wouldna fight dirty, maybes the only way ya win.” He lashed out again with the pitcher, trying to slam it directly into sergeant’s broad chest.

[The attack is a hit. If you fail to dodge, the pitcher will shatter on impact and it will deal 7 primitive damage and send shards of glass everywhere]
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:24 pm

"Don'tchu worry none, I figg'r ya gut nothin' there I coulda hurt 'nyway!" yells the old sarge, grinning widely. His grin is cut short as the man lunges after him with the pitcher, crashing the thing into his chest, scattering the remains of alcohol and heavy-industry glass shards everywhere. Wincing a bit at the mess and the blow, Krak staggers back a step, glad he decided to wear something far sturdier beneath the heavy scavenger's cloak that covered him. To add a bit to the drama, he starts panting a bit heavily himself.

"Ough, factr'y man," he says, taking a deep breath, "ya 'bout ta make me fitzy wif ya," he continues, sneering in an ugly manner at the factory boss, even as he sees Luna lining up her next shot from the corner of his eye. Castella's own situation hasn't really come to his attention yet, as he'd been at the head of the fight, and Castella at the rear.

Rolled 47 of Dodge 19. I ain't dodgin' this one.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Sword Goddess » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:55 pm

`Luna paused long enough to see the conflict from a shoulder view, merely glancing back at Castella and the good sergeant; well, now, this certainly looked like it was going to cause some issues. She couldn't have that! But turning around, a few rather sizable glass shards were flowing by making her thrust both hands into her face defensively.

"HEY! THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT?!" She grumbled and scolded before snapping one of her feet up and under the man's buttocks, kicking him right in the tail-bone. (The one hitting our good sergeant that is!)

[1d100: ROLL RESULT = 8! HIT! 1D4-1+4 = 5 DMG!]
Sword Goddess
Demon
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Sillice's womb~
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:59 pm

The Boss barked a laugh as the pitcher shattered, though the laugh quickly stopped as slithers of glass from the pitcher left small cuts and shallow gouges in his hand and he winced, flexing it reflexively as he shook the shards off. The blow seemed to have slowed the old sergeant down, but not as much as he had hoped: “Yur a tough ol’ coot arn’t ya” He said with a resigned glower: “Careful tho’, wud’nt want to stress ya ‘art.”

He wasn’t paying much attention to the girl, he had heard the call from behind him and expected one of his friends to deal with her, but too little too late. Her kick connected hard and knocked him stumbling as shocks of pain shot up his spine and through his shoulders. Slipping to one knee he caught himself on the floor with his wounded hand and winced audibly. Panting heavily he tried to steady himself as he muttered: “Feisty girl.”

The youngest of the group, liberated as he now was from his fight with Castella followed his comrades order and bounded over the few metres to support his boss, swinging for the small girl gut as he came, but his haste and her natural bobbing sent it wide.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Reid drew his fist back a second time, swinging it wide and landing a solid shot on his leg as he tried to step back to avoid, before Reid moved back a step to get a little distance, arms raised still.



(( Rolled an 8 for hit and a 3 + 3 for damage. ))
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:50 am

Grunting sharply from another shot to his legs by the gas-mask wearing individual opposite him the tattooed man swung back with a vicious haymaker, but all it hit was air: “Stop squirming ya bastid!”

The ongoing fight consumed the attention of most of the combatants, only Jastella, who had refrained from jumping into the fight, was clearly aware of what was happening behind the bar and her shift in attention would have been noticeable in the peripheral vision of certain sharp feline eyes.

What Jastella saw was the a stocky man - almost as old as the sergeant and in equally good physical condition, though perhaps somewhat more handsome and less battle-hardened - emerging from the back room: he looked dishevelled and it was clear he had thrown on his clothes in a rush, suggesting he had been disturbed from something and the flush in his cheeks implied it wasn’t sleeping.

Taking the situation in with a single glance, irritation sparked across his face as he stopped behind the bar near them and withdrew an unmarked bottle, a glass, an igniter, a lho-stick and a menacing looking shotgun, all of which he placed quickly, but calmly on the bar in front of him, pausing only to take a swig of the bottle - which caused him to wince sharply - before pouring a triple measure into the glass and winking at Jastella as she watched, indicating with a shake of his head that she might want to step out of the way.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:14 pm

It seems that as Castella was restrained by the drunkard he just had to add insult to injury. Play nice? Won't have to hurt her? Well, she would see about that! "Sure, lets play nice!" She gasps out as she starts straining to break or better yet reverse the drunks hold.

[Grapple Action with opposed Strength check to reverse the grapple]

Roll(1d100)+0: 34 Totall: 34 ... Castella twists and turns and for a moment it looks close but in the end she fails to reverse the hold.
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:49 pm

The drunk did not expect her to fight back with such vigour and try as he might, it was all he could do to maintain his grip on the struggling girl, much less do anything that mght convince her to stop or discourage her: "Ya git a fine idea of playin' nice girl..." he managed s a show of bravado, though his tone was strained from the effort: "It's been a while since I had my 'ands on such a lively 'un."

Behind the counter man pushed the glass to the end nearest them and rested the shotgun on the bar behind it, put the lho-stick in his mouth and picked up the matches. Apparently taking grim delight in watching Finley get hit.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Kretas finally heard Castella's yell, and the other drunk's ranting. Turning away from the factory boss, the sergeant continued his show of concern for the girl, the thing that had begun this fight.

"Ya gits yer hands offa that gel, ya horny wallrat! I'll thump ye!" he roared, as he ignored the factory boss in favor of charging back and punching the man Castella was tangling with. In his haste, the blow failed to hit completely, but at least the man now had more serious things to worry about than groping the noble.

Awareness 19, roll 5. Krak realizes Castella's in trouble.
Both the boss and the youngest man gets free attempts to hit Krak as he moves away from them.
Rolling dodge, in case one hits; Dodge 19, roll 77. Krak will be hit.
Hitting the grappling man; WS 65 (grapple+charge), roll 77. Krak misses.

Seven is clearly my unlucky number. :(
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Finley reacted sharply to the old sergeant charging past with a sharp haymaker, but he was too slow and already unsteady on his feet: “Where’d ya think yur goin’!” He called after the sergeant to hide his momentary weakness as his eyes blurred from the sudden movement. The youth was far more accurate with his reaction, landing a devastating blow on his chest that would have stopped most men in their tracks if – unlike the sergeant – they hadn’t been wearing armour. As it was the force was completely absorbed by his flak breastplate and the youth was left clutching his hand in sudden pain.

The view to the bar now no longer obscured Finley had a brief, blurred view of the bar as he turned to face the girl whose blows had almost brought him to his knees, but it was enough to notice the man standing there and he snapped his head back for a double take – an action which only resulted in pain blossoming behind his eyes as they blurred even further, but as they cleared he could discern Varley taking a drag from the lho-stick and holding the match over the alcohol filled glass: “Oh shi-“ He started before Varley dropped the match.

A roar not unlike the sound of a shotgun blast emerged accompanied by a burst of flame as the volatile liquid exploded peppering shards of glass across the group, those reflected towards Varley were mostly absorbed by the underside of the shotgun laid against the vaporised glass, adding to the significant quantity of glass shards embedded in it and he wasted no time in lifting it and pointing it lazily at the group: “That got yur attention. Call yur lads off afore they break somin else Finley, the little ‘un looks like he might have already.” The barrel wavered over the youth clutching his hand.

Finley was blinking to clear the afterimage from his eyes as he growled: “Ya heard ‘im lads. Let em go.” He’d been through this before and the few patrons that hadn’t taken an interest before had looked round at the sudden noise: “We’ll settle this later.” He straightened, doing his best to look uninjured and pointed accusingly at Jestella: “Gurl here picked this fight, little miss wanted to show off.” The rest of the group were slowly disengaging themselves, the one holding Castella letting go and deliberately bumping shoulders with the Seargent as he passed.

Varley sighed theatrically and in a weary tone added: “Ya said the same thing the las' three times.” He cast a glance at the group, the girl who had fetched him had given him a summary: “ ‘Sides, she’s nicer to look at. Now what’cha waitin’ for? Git out” He waved the shotgun towards the door and they continued their languid departure, the unconscious boy being half carried and half dragged as the group muttered blue murder and stared daggers as they passed.

Once they had left Varley's face creased into a smile: “Now, I dun’ recognise yur faces, so yur new here. Ya start fights in all the bars ya visit?” The attention of the other drinkers was quickly drifting back to the pict screens, dancers and drinks now that the drama was over. Only Sim was paying much attention as she finished her drink and waited for the best moment to interrupt.
Last edited by Kitab Al'Ibar on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:57 am

Krak grunted, and began to rub his stinging knuckles. A good work-out, but probably just as well it ended when it did. All the play-acting and holding back was getting tiresome, and he'd damn well FELT that last blow through his armour. With a sigh, he turns back to face Varley and holds up his hands, to indicate there's nothing in them and to acknowledge the bar-owner's superiority.

"Only th' ones where drunks tryna grope up m'folks like they got a right t' it. I warned 'im, I did, but the juve dinnat wanna step down. He threw first punch and the other fact'ry folks joined in. Na much t' do then but smock or be smocked."

Walking up to the man, the sergeant thumbs at his group, and the coats they're all wearing. He stops at a respectful distance to Varley and his gun.

"Sorry t' be a bother. We're scavvies. Tryina find some fresh ground t' pick. 'course, the elly had t' be down t'day. Heard there might be some other way down, tho', so we came 'ere."

So, I take one level of fatigue thanks to the youth's last blow, yes?
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Sword Goddess » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:12 pm

`Luna's eyes would open wide, and the most sly little smile perched itself perfectly on her lips. Yes, indeed, the woman seemed mightily entertained by this point and was doing absolutely nothing to hide it. She walked closer, right up and and to the Bartender, and rested one finger upon the muzzle of his weapon, "Not a bad boom-stick skipper. I wonder if it's still loaded,"

She mused and slipped to the side silkily, "Guess you're the one we're look'n for darlin', not a bad entrance if I do say so myself."
Sword Goddess
Demon
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Sillice's womb~
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Varley cast a suspicious glance over the sergeant as he explained the fight: “Aye¸ Finley’s boys ar’ a roight bunch of sods.” He slackened his grip on the shotgun: “But he’s famley... of a sort. I got the prettier sister fur sure and he’s not tha’ forgivin’ type. An’ she won’ have me kickin’ ‘im out fur good.” He explained with a shake of his head: “Looks like ya gave ‘em a beatin’ though, can’t ask fur better.”

When Krak got closer and asked about a way down his gaze hardened a little: “Ya speak fur this group?” He asked and reached a hand out to shake his, it was always his motto that you could learn a lot about someone from a firm handshake: “Varl’s the name...” He paused as the odd little girl came up and prodded at his shotgun, the handshake forgotten for a second his smile deepened as a slightly lecherous tone entered his voice: “It may be a bi’ ol’ and battered, bu’ know you me it’s still loaded an’ more’an gits the job done.” He capped off the sentence with a wink, removing any ambiguity about whether he was talking about himself or the shotgun.

Being dragged back to the Sergeant’s question his brow furrowed slightly as he scrutinised the group, seemingly unconvinced, his hand still left floating in greeting: “Scavvies or no’, ya can certainly hol’ yer own in a fight an’ I ain’t gonna argue that. Ya git anyone ‘a can vouch for ya?”

[Nah, my interpretation is you’d only gain fatigue if it managed to actually deal damage after AP and toughness has been discounted – AP first, then Toughness – and your Flak Breastplates AP more than absorbed the damage.]
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Castella having just noticed Krak coming to help her was rather unprepared for Varley's explosive entrance. Still shaking of the surprise she dusts herself off and steps away a step from the drunkards as they back off. That grapple had been an entirely unpleasant experience. As the sergant steps up to do the talking Castella takes the chance to look around the bar for any other surprises that might be coming their way.

[untrained (Routine) Awarenes against Perception/2 +20 = 36]

Roll(1d100)+0: 21 Totall: 21 ... Castella checks what people are up to in generall after this little disturbance. And not even Luna's and Vareley's little exchange manages to distract her too much as it makes her blush slightly. That woman, really ...
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron