Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC - OPEN)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Already on his way down and with rags stuffed in his ears, Kretas remains happily unaware of Castella's sudden plight.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:25 am

Reacting to the clatter behind her, Sim spun to face Castella, weapon raised to confront whatever might have caused the clatter, but she lowered it hesitantly a second later, this room was making people jumpy. Another second and she was already darting to Castella’s side, her scavenger mind clearly seeing the benefit in trying to ingratiate herself with ‘Miss K’.

“Ya alright Miss? Ya didn’t sound good...” She asked gingerly as she touched the girl’s shoulder, her voice low so as not too carry too far, though the echo of metal on metal carried well enough in the oppressive darkness: “What happened?” She offered a hand to help her up, looking back over her shoulder down the catwalk to keep an eye on the descending forms of Kretas and 'Luna and see whether they had stopped.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Kretas continued on his watchful downward march to the floor. He kept looking for footprints, or anything else unusual, as he moved, but stopped every few steps to check for movement and other signs of life. The tune he had heard earlier had him on edge.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 am

The ground floor of the warehouse was a maze of shadows and discarded storage crates long since cracked open and looted of any valuables they might once have contained. Twisted metal and rags or material once used for packing were scattered by the reckless hands of earlier scavengers and in places collections of old bones long picked clean implied not everything that entered this room had left it again.

At intervals down the walls of the warehouse hulking machines sat menacingly silent, lurking in wait until someone returned to awaken the machine spirit inside them. Only the most stubborn in machines still gave of faint whirs as arcane processes strained against inactivity occasionally bathing the area in faint greens and reds as flickering lights signalled success or failure.

Shadow shapes flickered in the changing lights, hunkering low and skittering between the dust and debris, small claws skittering across the metal floor, though it was unlikely that Kretas could hear them through the rags in his ears.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Kretas wanders past scattered, discarded storage krates as he uses his lamp pack to (to the best of his ability) shine some light into the dark corners of the bottom floor. Occasionally he shines the lights upwards, and along the walls, as if expecting an attack from above. In between the searching he glances back, just to ensure himself that Luna still remained in plain view. It is a shame he isn't a tracker... maybe he could have seen if there were any tracks worth following down into this potential death trap.

More awareness rolls or what?
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Castella accepts Sims offered hand to get back to her feet. Grimacing as she tries to ignore the still uncomfortable cold metal of the charms she carries, well aware of some of the implications of this experience.

“What happened? I’m not sure. I thought I heard something. Something bringing back memories. Back in the Schola being locked in a lightless cell to cleanse your mind with prayer was common punishment for many minor transgressions. Leaving that lightless silent and cramped cell was quite similar to entering this chamber after all these tunnels.” Castella straightens her scavenger cloak and pulls her Laspistol to carry it openly and ready. Just in case. “Whatever, it makes me wish I brought a bigger gun.” Castella whispers before continuing louder “We should hurry and give the others some cover from the walkways, shouldn’t we?”
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm

[OOC: First, apologies for my lack of a reply recently, I’ve been a bit under the weather and had limited free time. I will also be away for much of this week/weekend >.<. Second, I’m reluctant at the moment about making posts with ‘Luna in, SG has expressed an interest in coming back, though I will if I have to.]

Sim raised an eyebrow at Miss K mentioning the Schola, there wasn’t one on the planet or even in this system, but everyone had heard of it... she didn’t have long to ponder the thought and it’s implication or her concerns about what she heard as a clatter of metal skipping across metal rung out through the dark warehouse followed almost immediately by an inhuman groan*.

Sim darted over to the railings, quickly spotting Krak and ‘Luna below and keeping them in sight moved down the catwalk: “We should.” She said quietly and gestured for Castella and Reid to move with her as she levelled her gun, switching her focus between the catwalk ahead of them and the pair moving below.

* Everyone can hear it, but need to make an Awareness, Hearing +0 or Hearing -20 for Krak to pinpoint where it came from. Alternatively, you can wave your torch around and try to spot whatever might have caused it or to see if rats are running from something or something else, in which case Awareness: Sight -10. As always, any other skills checks you want to make, just try it or throw me a message i’m online to give you modifiers and such
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Krak jumps at the groan, and starts flashing his lamp pack around decisively to spot the source, aiming the autogun along as he does. The sergeant prays silently to the Emperor for deliverance, good aim or both, as he does so. Spotting -something- in the shadows makes his itchy trigger finger go wild and he lets off a barrage before he can even see what it fully is. Too bad his gun hadn't quite settled down on the target yet and all of his shots go wild... but at least the tracer fire paints a nice arrow for the gaze of the other acolytes to follow.

Krak is ready to shoot with full automatic as soon as he spots the damn thing...

Rolling against awareness at 24 (only -10 for waving lights around wildly).
Roll(1d100)+0: 22,+0 Total:22
...which he does, so he full autos at it ON PRINCIPLE. I'll roll a BS versus 62 (42+20 for full auto)...

Roll(1d100)+0: 92,+0 Total:92
... which he fails in true Stormtrooper/Redshirt fashion.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:54 pm

The figure retreated as the light shone on it, diving frantically behind a stack of precariously balanced crates as Krak’s wild firing lit up the silhouette. It had all the hallmarks of a man but between the flashes and the man’s frantic movement, little detail could be made out, other than the figure looked wild and scrawny, wearing what a perceptive eye might have noticed as a familiar trench coat marred in places by a deep bloody red.

On the catwalk, Sim levelled her gun at the area Krak had been firing, but from where she was, she hadn’t been able to spot the figure, only the old man’s bullets. She certainly couldn’t spot the figure huddled in darkness behind the crates and raised a hand to show she would keep moving forward to see if she could get an angle, glancing at Miss K as an invitation to follow.

For a brief moment after the firing stopped the man remained hidden, a pitiful cough giving away his position as he huddled behind the crates, banging something unseen against them: “Who’s there?!” He rasped in a voice dry and hoary, barely audible on the catwalk: “Do you hear it? The sweet sound... Salvation!” The last was almost a shout by comparison as a hand reached up above the crate and thumped down heavily on top of it producing a deep hollow ring as the hand fell limp back behind the boxes.

How you proceed is your choice, if you choose to continue firing, then we shall proceed into a combat situation as before with you each posting your combat actions. Krak has a good idea of where he is, but others should make a straight awareness check to pin down exactly where he is.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Quickly Castella followed Sim to try and get a good look at the Sergeants target. For a moment she strains her eyes but is unable to make out any details. “Damn, where … ?” Slightly unnerved by her recent experience and the persons rambling she finally decides to shine her own Luminator in the general direction in the hope of getting a better look and better aim as she follows its light with her Laspistol.

Awareness against Perception = 33
(Roll1d100+0): 39 ... failure
Try as she might Castella can’t quite make out what the sergeant was shooting at.
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 pm

"Shit," mutters Kretas and lowers his gun, realizing he was dealing with a human and not some sort of demon. He still wanted to shoot the mad fuck, he really did. Every instinct in his body told him to, but if they shot him now, they had no chance of getting the story of what happened. Even so, Kretas took a few steps back from the crazy man, and turned up towards Sim and Castella.

"Sim! Get down here. I think we've got our escapee and his coat looks like one of yours, but he ain't right. See if you can't talk some sense into him."

Krak turns back, keeping his autogun trained in the direction of the madman. Just to be on the safe side he begins to hum a tuneless hymn to the Emperor, to drone out whatever weirdness the man was trying to sing along to. He aims his light in the direction of where the crazy man is reclining, just barely out of view.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:44 am

Sim straightened as Krak called up to her, her first thought that it might be her brother, chased immediately by the words Krak said: ‘he ain’t right’ and she cursed as the possibility suddenly flooded her with anger: “Emperor damn it! Twitch ya bastard.” She shot a glance left and right before making a beeline towards the nearest set of steps deeper in the room: “Don’t let ‘im outta ya sight til I gets my ‘ands on ‘im!”

The words took a moment to dawn on the man as Krak’s luminator played over the area next to him, briefly illuminating a foot which he dragged out of the light and shifted away further behind the crates: “No! No!” He croaked and continued as the pitch of his rasp rose with panic: “Keep hiding! They don’t want me! Stay away!” There was another clatter as he bumped against something: “They come... Salvations fading” Another metallic rattle rang out as he kicked something across the floor, slowly moving away from Krak: “Can’t stay, they hide, but they wait ‘til they hear it no more...”

Sim on the catwalk tried to follow his progress with her own luminator briefly silhouetting him: “Ain’t them ya should be scared of!” Sim roared, fury in her voice and eyes: “Ya left ‘em to die didn’t ya? I know ya Twitch, ya little rat, coward!” The shouted onslaught made him duck back out of the light as Sim tried to stagger down the stairs while keeping him in sight: “Ya’ll tell me what ‘appened if I ‘ave ta beat it outta ya!”
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Though madness had clearly wormed its way tightly into Twitch’s mind, he still knew he was in a bad situation, but apart from Sim, nobody else had moved to block him and the warehouse was not short on other exits... He quickened his winding steps aiming to duck under the metal stairs Sim was coming down and dart across the room, aiming for a shadowy exit on the right of the room delving deeper into the underground, though his progress was still slow and a quick dash from one of the group might still be able to catch him.

Sim swore as she picked him up on her luminator and saw him trying to run underneath her. Without pausing to think she grabbed the edge of the catwalk stair and threw herself over it in one rapid motion, she managed to orient herself before landing, but it was a far from graceful impact, with her staggering as she landed, keeping her balance only by pure chance, but giving Twitch enough time to slip past as she recovered.

“Can’t catch me!” He giggled as he ducked behind another crate, out of her sight: “Not even they could, not even the hounds!” His voice trailed off after that and returned in a shaky tone full of horror: “The teeth... the slavering teeth! Twisted, deformed, born of hate!” He thumped against a metal crate with an anguished cry: “They hunger... oh how they hunger. Won’t get me! No they won’t.”

Quiet week... If nobody posts I'll try to wrap this bit up on Wednesday. I'm in Italy from Thursday to Sunday, so I'm not likely to post during that time. As usual, any questions, please ask. If it's about the shape and size of the warehouse I can try and clarify or sort out some kind of basic map.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm

"Hoy! Stop, you scrawny bastard, or I'll gun you down!" yells Krak as Twitch makes a run for it. When the madman continues to run off, Krak decides a demonstration is in order and lifts the autogun up, aiming to graze the man's leg. If nothing else, they could follow the trail of blood.

With cold-blooded precision, he fires a single bullet that flies straight into Twitch's left calf.

Guh. Sorry Kitab. I've been letting updating here slide for far too long. Also sorry about the short post. I've been feeling a bit under the weather due to illness lately.

BS roll versus 25 (-20 for Called Shot to Left Leg, +10 if within half range of autogun)
Roll(1d100)+0: 8,+0 Total:8
Well... whaddye know. This redshirt HIT something.

Damage roll 1d10+3
Roll(1d10)+0: 3,+0 Total:3
Total damage: 6
Excellent. He -probably- won't die from that.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:39 pm

The sound of the gunshot caused Twitch to look back with a mixture of surprise and horror as the bullet thudded into his calf, the impact powerful enough to sweep him off of his feet and send him crashing into a pile of metal with a cry of pain and a great clatter.

Sim had recovered from her inglorious jump and shot Krak a withering glare: “Thanks... but he better not be dead.” She said reticently as she started to move over to Twitch, keeping her torch on the collapsed pile, her gun held ready. It had been a good shot, but that didn’t mean she had to like it: “You ‘ear that Twitch, you better still be livin’ an’ don’t even think of runnin’.”

From under the boxes there was a low plaintive wail as the man struggled to drag himself out of it, muttering in a low voice between groans of pain: “Can’t hear it... Can’t, gotta find it. They’re coming!”

Ok, I’m back from Italy, good weekend but flights are always a hassle. No worries Writer, I hope you feel better.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest