Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC - OPEN)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:48 pm

"If you want me to," replied the sergeant, idly scratching at his grimy chin with one hand. "We got a stubborn scavvie guide and a mutie girl, though. They're more in their element here than I am," he continued, glancing over at the two, then back at his 'superior'.

"And less likely t' be shot at by the other mutants down here, if we find any. Trust me Miss K, I aim to keep an eye out for trouble, but it may be best if we let 'em go first," he said, keeping his face neutral.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby blackshade10 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Reid remained silent throughout this entire ordeal, reloading his auto-gun to have all his shots fully loaded(3 bullets reloaded).



"Let's move." He said, pulling out his shotgun and replacing his autogun. "I will take point. Unless you want to get caught in my shotguns blast." He said, making sure his shotgun was in working order.
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6413
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Sim nodded, ignoring the snub and moving to start down the corridor until Reid moved past instead, prompting her to lower her gun and shrug, if he wanted to go first then that was fine by her: “This level ain’t used much, decent salvage, but higher risk...” She didn’t feel she needed to elaborate on that given the bugs which had greeted them, or whatever had killed them: “Might be a few about, but ya best bet is Amara’s crew, if Miles or Twitch are still out there, they’ll be headin’ her way.”

She gestured for Reid to carry on as she glanced at ‘Luna: “Ya met Amara?”

“By reputation.” ‘Luna said with a shrug and a spring in her step as she moved to the back of the group, anyone familiar with the underhive knew to watch your back in case something crept up on them.

Sim half-smiled and took up position behind Reid in the order, still holding onto her own shotgun and following him: “You’ll like ‘er... if we git that far. Keep ya eye’s skinned folks.”

Signs of battle littered the corridor for approximately 100 metres, lights were smashed, bullet holes pockmarked the walls and floors and splashes of blood appeared here and there until they ended abruptly - or beginning perhaps - at an intersect with four other passage branching off at approximately 70 degrees from each other and it would be anybody’s guess which direction they were coming from before.

[OOC: You are welcome to pick a direction if you are feeling lucky or you can try a Perception -15 check to try and determine the right direction, I don’t think anyone has the Tracking skill]
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

"Well, they either got ambushed here, or something caught up to 'em, that much's clear," said the sergeant, pointing his auto-gun into the dark corners of the space, as if expecting there to be someone, or something, still around. A few beads of sweat began to materialize on his brow, trickling out from under his robe. With a furrowed brow, the sergeant finally realized what one of the factors making him uneasy was: he wasn't wearing the reassuring weight of his helmet.

The sergeant immediately swung his pack down and dug out the bowl-like standard issue Munitorium Imperial Guard helmet, strapping it onto his head and drawing the hood over his head again to conceal its make. As he bent down, however, he saw something in the shine of his lamp pack; a trail of footprints in the dust, leading from the passage going straight and to the right.

"Hey, everyone. I think they might've come from this way," said the sergeant, stepping ahead of Reid and the rest, looking around down the corridor to confirm or disprove his suspicions.

Initial awareness at -15; TargNum 19
Roll(1d100)+0: 11,+0 Total:11
Ahyup. Base succeess. Spots the way.

Lookin' and searchin' the corridor.

Awareness at 34.
Roll(1d100)+0: 71,+0 Total:71
Bigphatfail.

Search at 15.
Roll(1d100)+0: 45,+0 Total:45
Probable failure.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

Sim sniffed at Krak’s direction before turning to the opposite one pointedly, his pointed comments towards her had soured her thoughts of him and she was itching for an opportunity to return to the favour by finding fault with his deductions (Perception failed by 3+ degrees).

Squatting close to the entrance she played her luminator across the floor to highlight the scattered impressions of footprints in the dust before progressing a few metres down the passage and squatting again (Search roll success): “Footprints goin’ way, someone must‘ave done a runner when the fightin’ started... maybe more’n one.” She glanced back at Krak, trying not to look a little smug, but unable to keep a chiding note from her voice:”Ya see-in anythin’ there?”

‘Luna smirked as she hopped playfully around the edge of the intersection, glancing down each passage in turn as she passed, but even though she paused for longer at both the passages outlined by Krak and Sim, nothing in them caught her eyes specifically and her carefree leaping obliterated the footprints she landed on (95 on search x_x).
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Castella come forward to have a look at the two entrances that Krak and Sim indicated but doesn't notice anything extraordinary. "Well, I can't really tell," She starts before glancing at Luna. "as someone is gettign a bit too excited? Anyway, if someone got away from the fight in time they would be our best bet to find out just what happened here. If we find them before whatever else is on the prowl down here does that is. Don't you agree?"

Awareness against Perception 33
(Roll1d100+0): 54 ... 2 degrees of failure
Whatever clues Sim and the Sergeant noticed, Castella just can't see it. Not one bit.
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Sim's tone managed to drop her another few notches down in the veteran soldier's opinion, but he tried to keep the annoyance .

"Nothin' but the dust cloud miss mutie is kickin' up. Still fairly sure they came from here," he replied, frowning at both the lack of further tracks and at Luna's blatant, if inadvertent, sabotaging of his efforts to find any. He backtracked out of the tunnel, and took a quick look down the two other passages. As he did so, he commented back to Castella, "Oh, I agree with ya, Miss K. If our guide's found the tracks of runners, let's follow 'em. I'll just have a look down these other corridors, just in case."

He quickly discarded one section as having seen no noticeable activity, but at the second intersection, just opposite of Sim, the sergeant bent down to look at the trail of detritus and dust, pointing at something that could've been the markings of feet moving down the tunnel.

"Can't be sure, but someone might've passed on this way as well. Maybe they split up in several directions t' get away from their hunters? So... which way should we go, fellas? Mine or Sim's?"

Alright, let's just have a full house on this. We've looked at two tunnels so far, so here's the others;

Passage one, awareness 34.
Roll(1d100)+0: 47,+0 Total:47
Close, but no cigar.

Passage two, awareness 34.
Roll(1d100)+0: 36,+0 Total:36
D'aw. Even closer.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Castella rubs her temples breifly through the hood of her scavanger disguise. “To be throughout we probably will have to check all those leads anyway. But I’d suggest we start with the tracks Sim spotted. And if that doesn’t yield any satisfying results we will follow your lead.” Castella gestures to the tunnel where the Sergeant seems to have spotted proof of more runners. “And no matter what, we will probably have to check the direction from where they came anyway. I would suggest we go at it in this very order. Any other suggestions?”
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:06 pm

"None from me," said Kretas as he stared warily down the direction Sim had indicated, the Creed Autogun being a heavy comfort in his hands.

I suggest we keep the same marching order as we had previously. Let's a-go!
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Sim nodded at Castella and pointed down the corridor: “We’ll follow this for a bit then, see what we can find... we’ll have to backtrack to Amara’s anyway if we don’t find anythin’.” She took position alongside Krak, pointing out the trail as they reached junctions. The steps were heavy and spread wide as if the person was running and hadn’t stopped, though in places there were more regular marks of an unfamiliar pattern, as if something had paused and followed.

After a few minutes the passage ahead broadened into a catwalk over a cavernous room, large enough to rival some of the smaller manufactoria above, the dull shape of strange machinery was visible in the shadowed recesses below them most of it sitting long inactive and likely already scavenged, but some still emitted strange noises that echoed in the empty space lending an eerie weight to the air. At their feet the footprints faded, too little dust remained on the catwalk to leave a clear impression and it snaked across the open space to other passages and to the floor.

Sim gave a shiver: “Lost it, an’ someone could ‘ide in ‘ere for days.” She glanced back down at the passage: “Can try an’ find it again down there or on t’other side, don’t know who ran, but it wern’t Miles, ‘e would never ‘ave ditched the others without a fight.”

Luna followed behind with the others, keeping a curious eye on the surroundings and looking down the passages they passed, trying to separate out the noises of their own footfalls from those of the machinery for any mark of their prey, but it was no easy feat.

[OOC: I would be obliged if at the base of every post moving through this area – unless you choose to head back of course – each of you would make an awareness(hearing)-10 check, if you succeed I’ll let you know what I need next. The check penalty will change with where you happen to be in the room, so I’ll try to keep you updated and cryptically state that it’s probably not what you are expecting.]
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:18 pm

The sergeant stepped warily into the large hall, then paused, cocked his head, listening past the footsteps of his companions and the strange machinery.

"Wait... d'yall hear that?" he whispered, looking at the other members of the group, then in the direction of the noise, his palms itching.

Awareness at 24.
Roll(1d100)+0: 12,+0 Total:12
Krak's on the ball. Success by one degree.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 am

Kretas' eyes widens and he turns his head in several different directions, as if trying to identify the source of the noise he's heard, before he curses loudly.

"Emperor's bowels... that ain't right. 'scuse me," he says, and pops out a couple of small rags, which he tears into even smaller bits, which he then shoves into his ears. "Don't try an' listen too hard here. It's probably wrong, whatever it is," he says cryptically, and steps forward into the room and towards the catwalk leading down to the floor, auto-gun at the ready and relying far more on his eyesight than his hearing.

Everyone else should try to make an awareness check, on Kitab's request! Go on, succeed! Break a leg! Hear what Krak -isn't- telling you!

I expect a substantial minus to future (hearing) awareness rolls for now, Kitab. And that's just the way Kretas wants it. He's ever-so-slighty paranoid 'bout these things.
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Sim rolled her eyes behind Kretas’s back, absently scratching at the back of her ears as she glanced at the others before stopping on ‘Luna and patting the young mutants head: “I’ll stick up ‘ere, follo’ the Sarge, see ‘e don’t get snuck up on by some nasty.”

‘Luna ducked away from the patting and smiled: “Never know what you might see.” She said before hopping along the catwalk behind Kretas, pausing to look keenly over the handrail into the shadows below, unable to pierce the darkness between the small points of light cast by the arthritic machinery straining in place below. When she caught up to Kretas, she slowed, cocked her head and asked in the inquisitive voice of innocence – albeit a bit louder than normal: “What did you hear? Was it scary?”

Sim looked at the other two members of the party: “Ya guys comin’?” She said as she paused by the stairs, planning to move parallel to the team on the ground, trying to give some extra light on the path ahead of those below whatever they might find: “Might be awful lonely up here.”

[Psst, not posting won’t keep you safe, it just means I’ll have to roll for you when I get bored. ;). In regards to Writer, continue as normal in making any skill checks you might want as you go, we’ll work out the hearing as we need to, but nothings waiting for you immediately on the stairs]
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Brighton (U.K)

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Writer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 am

Kretas sends Luna a hard glare as he continues to move down to the ground floor. He licks his dry lips, trying to gauge her sincerity, or if she was mocking him. Failing to do either, he sighs and shrugs.

"Emperor knows, mutie gel. A song? A tune? A hum? Whatever it was, it didn't sound right, and that's good enough for me, 'specially when it's possible that there's," he lowers his voice so that Sim can't overhear him, "warp fuckery involved."
Writer
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am
Location: North. It's cold up here. So very cold.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dark Heresy: A Soul's Worth (IC)

Postby Kear'Naun » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Castella strains her ears as she tries to listen for whatever had the sergeant spooked like that while she follows Sim. It takes a moment for her to pick it up, but as she does she stops cold, halfway to Sim. Her eyes go glassy for a moment. “I … This … Nnnnh.” Castella goes to her knees briefly grasping her Chaplet Ecclesiasticus under the scavenger coat as it goes ice cold, together with her Ring of Sufferage, the pain bringing tears to her eyes.

Awareness against Perception-10 = 23
(Roll1d100+0): 2 ... 2 degrees of success
This … She can hear it. This …
User avatar
Kear'Naun
Demon
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 am
Location: New to Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest