Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy: A Soul’s Worth (OOC - OPEN)

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy: A Soul’s Worth (OOC)

Postby Inquisitor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:35 am

Characters Full Name: Jestella Tavistock Durnham
Background & Associated Traits: Lasouran Noble (Selective Breeding, New Money, Supremely Connected, Vendetta, Wealth)
Career: Guardsman
Organisation: House Guard, PDF
Your Imperial Divination: "The only fear is dying with your duty undone"

Physical Appearence:
Height: 5'9
Weight: 61 kg
Build: Athletic
Complexion/Skin Coloration: Tan
Hair Color: Blond
Hair Style: Usually long and loose, when she's on formal duties it's cut to shoulder length or bound up in a crownbraid.
Eye Color: Blue
Definitive Characteristics(cat eyes, fangs, scars, tattoos, nervous ticks, etc): Dueling scar on her abdominal.
Blood Type: O+
Physical Illness(es):
Mutations: None.
Implants/Prosthetic Limbs: None.
General Description: A tall, tanned woman with a noble stature. Jestella is highly athletic, which is displayed through her muscle tone and firm figure. When given the chance her hair is typically let loose and grown out, otherwise it's cut to shoulder length or tied up with a black ribbon. In full uniform she's dressed in the colors of her house, a long coat just under her flak armor with a fully enclosed helmet.

Characteristics:
Weapon Skill: 40
Ballistic Skill: 32
Strength: 40
Toughness: 44
Agility: 36
Intelligence: 33
Perception: 32
Willpower: 28
Fellowship: 38

Fate Points: 2
Wounds: 15

Characteristic Improvements:
- Weapon Skill: Simple
- Toughness: Simple

Skills:
- Scrutiny (Per)
- Literacy (Int)
- Perform (Song) (Fel)
- Speak Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic, Lausorian) (Int)
- Swim (Str)
- Charm (Fel)

Talents:
- Peer Nobility
- Peer Mercantile
- Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
- Pistol Training (Primitive)
- Basic Weapon Training (Las, SP)

Total Experience: 400
Spent Experience: 350

Psychological Assessment:
Corruption: 3
Sanity: 0
Mental Illness(es):
Drug Addiction(s): Caffine
Personality Assessment: A noble woman through and through, Jestella has loyalities which are split between both of her houses. She serves as a tie between them and is a rising member of the House guard, and planetary defense force. She is an extremely loyal person, compassionate at times and highly insecure, she is very adept at disguising her emotions at times and this can often make her seem much colder than she actually is.
Theme Song: Reluctant Warriors

Apparel/Armour:
Head: 4
Body: 4
Left Arm: 4
Right Arm: 4
Left Leg: 4
Right Leg: 4
Special Properties: +1 Against Explosive damage when not on the square of origin

Weapons:
Mono-Edged Long Saber: 1D10+6R PEN 4 Balanced, Two-Handed
Shot Gun: 30M S/-/- 1D10+4I PEN 0 Clip 2 Reload 2Full Scatter
Flintlock Pistol: 15M S/-/- 1D10+2I PEN 0 Clip 1 Reload 3Full Primitive, Unreliable, Inaccurate

Requested Gift: Is a sawed off shotgun totally capable of being one handed like a hand-cannon? If so, definitely that.

Ammunition:
10 Balls
12 Shells

Misc. Items:
Headband
Uplifting Primer
Uniform

Wealth: 40

Background: Jestella is the dignified daughter of two noble houses, House Tavistock and House Durnham finally arranging the birth of a child by two young but prominent members to create a lasting tie between them. As the birthchild of such ambition, Jestella has always been expected to strive for the best and apply herself rigorously, so even from a young age she's felt pressure from the leading families of her two Houses.

At a young age she was inducted formally into the House guard as a junior member, and shortly after was recruited into the Imperial Guard academy where she possessed an aptitude for close-quarters combat.

In her mid-teens Jestella was Knighted, and took on a more active role in House politics and affairs; attending most social gatherings now that time and responsibility permitted, being expected to attend to various potential suitors. It was one such suitor that gave Jestella her first child, Azaya who is now five years old; a young, blond haired female. Not long after the latest "heat" took the planet, during the process Jestella conceived her second child to date, Isham who is almost two; a male babe.

As a single mother, Knight, Noble, and soldier in the army, Jestella's life is an extremely active one...and shows no sign of slowing down in the future.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inquisitor
Nether Seed

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Character accepted. Though there are a few notes to make:

You haven't chosen a Skill for the "New Money" Trait (Your choice of: Charm, Decieve or Gamble), or at least if you had chosen one, you haven't listed it: .

You also haven't picked a weapon as offerred. Please do so.
"You may choose a Pistol or Basic weapon of Common, Plentiful or Abundant level of Availability (Unmodified by population) or a Hax-Orthlack Pistol or Basic weapon of any Availability that is suitable to your character. This will be provided with two clips of ammunition."
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Characters Full Name: Reid “The Immortal” Nakada
Background & Associated Traits:
Bloodied in combat (Arbitrator): +3 Toughness
No Stranger To Love
Begin play with the Charm Skill, and these stat modifiers: +3 Fellowship, -3 Willpower.
Callixan Killing Patterns: +5 Perception, Talented(Inquiry)

Career: Arbitrator
Organization (Regiment, Arbite, Enforcer, Novash Primary (PDF), Gang etc): Arbite
Your Imperial Divination: "Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets Retribution” +3 Strength

Physical Appearence:
Height: 6’
Weight: 145 lbs
Build: Lanky
Complexion/Skin Coloration: Light Tan
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Cut above the neck, a little messy.
Eye Color: Dark Blue
Definitive Characteristics(cat eyes, fangs, scars, tattoos, nervous ticks, etc): Scar on his forehead from a gunshot to the head.
Blood Type: O+
Physical Illness(es): None.
Mutations: None.
Implants/Prosthetic Limbs: None.
General Description: A rather calm and casual looking fellow, he tends to recline when ever he gets the chance, taking on a façade of laziness and uncaring, despite his very attentive nature. Fair in appearance, he dresses in casual and practical clothing when he’s not wearing armor or protection of any sort. He wears a beret or a hood usually, usually wearing layers of clothing. It’s hard to discern when he’s wearing battle-gear, as he prefers mesh armor usually. Notably, he wears a gas-mask in combat.

Characteristics:
Weapon Skill: 40
Ballistic Skill: 31
Strength: 30
Toughness: 40
Agility: 32
Intelligence: 41
Perception: 31
Willpower: 31
Fellowship: 40

Fate Points: 1
Wounds: 13

Characteristic Improvements:
Simple Toughness: 100 xp
Simple Intelligence: 100 xp
Skills:
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Inquiry (Fel)
Speak Language (Hive Dialect) (Int)
Charm (Fel)

Talents:
Basic:
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Rapid Reload
Talented (Inquiry)
Trained:

Total Experience: 200xp
Spent Experience: 200xp

Psychological Assessment:
Corruption: 6
Sanity: 0
Mental Illness(es): None
Drug Addiction(s): None
Personality Assessment:

From the desk of ****Confidential****

The following information is confidential. Violators will be shot, burned, hung, or some other form of terrible death.

Trooper Reid is a deceptive individual. Behind his façade of casual and calm nature, he is a brutal and effective combatant, and is well deserved of his nickname. This man is highly recommended, but highly dangerous as well. All of his missions were given a 0-5% chance of success- and survival. His mission success rate is 100%. Psychological evaluations have always produced mixed results for unknown reasons. Despite his oddities, he’s known to get along well with peers and increase morale. This information is kept confidential until conclusive results are made.

Theme Song: Unstoppable – E.S. Posthumus

Apparel/Armour:
Head:
Body: Mesh Vest – AP:4 – 1kg
Left Arm:
Right Arm:
Left Leg:
Right Leg:
Special Properties:

Weapons (Name, Stats, Upgrades, Include Talent Modifiers):
Shotgun – S/-/- - 1D10+4I – P0 – Clip: 2 –Full – Scatter/Reliable – 5kg
Club - 1D10I – Primitive – 2kg
Brass knuckles - 1d5-1I – 0.5kg – Primitive
Knife – 1D5R – 0.5kg - Primitive
Ammunition (Name and Effect):
12 Shotgun Shells
Misc. Items:
Mesh vest
Uniform (Good Quality Clothing)
3 doses of stimm
Injector
Arbitrator ID
Chrono
Gas Mask
flask of amasec
Wealth: 45 Thrones

Background: This information is classified. May the God-Emperor show no mercy to those who would defy such.

Some children are born blessed and cursed. On one hand, born of an Imperial Psyker blessed and chosen by the God-Emperor to serve the Imperium. On the other, born of rogue Psyker who lost her child to the Imperium as they chased her and her Imperial lover away, intent on executing them both for Heresy. The boy was chosen to be killed alongside them- to be destroyed before his ancestry of heresy could affect the Imperium.

Then, the child disappeared. A babe. Simply gone, with no one aware of who took him or how they did it.

-End of classified information-

New file: Reid Nakada

Young Reid Nakada appeared from nowhere. 6 years old, he was found by tech-priests in the forbidden sections of the Hive, with no clue as to how he got there or why he was there. The Tech-Priests then did something unprecedented; they took care of him. He was cared for years under their supervision, though before long he found himself enlisting among the Arbites, too displeased with the lawless state of the Hive to do nothing about it. He excelled in his training, quickly becoming a trooper and hitting the streets.

His true use would become clear when he was the only man they could choose for what was easily a suicide mission. Sent to arrest one of the worst hive gangers in the region, known for being brutal and murderous.

Nakada returned- unscratched.

Again, he was chosen for a mission with low chance for survival.

Nakada returned once more.

This became a common trend with his missions, soon voluntarily going on the hardest he could find. Every time, he returned, with success.

One day, he went on a mission against one of the vilest targets, hunting down a mass murderer. He worked hard, using the standard fare of information gathering to locate his target. As he traced and tracked, he eventually found his mark- but his mark was expecting him. He found himself staring down the barrel of a gun, the wicked man smiling as he pulled the trigger.

The reign of Nakada was finally over, and this murderer the hero of the scum. Or so he thought. Why did he turn around and look where the corpse should have been? Was it the sound behind him? The shocked look on his lackey’s face? We may never know… but we do know that “The Immortal” was born that day, standing defiantly, blood pouring from his head, as he pulled the trigger on the mass murderer.

Reid “The Immortal” Nakada has never failed a mission- no matter how suicidal they might be.

Recommended for Inquisitorial use?

To the highest degree.

Also of note:

This man was known to see the patterns of the Calixan Killings, having once predicted a death before it happened, arriving on the scene to open fire on whatever was trying to kill its target. Target escaped, subject lived.

Chosen weapon: Creed-9 (With a Silencer and Telescopic sight if possible.)
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Character looks more or less acceptable. Creed 9 will come as standard, sorry, no modifications. Those can be added by yourselves later on.

That makes a full house then. I'll be posting up the intro as soon as I have finished writing it, which shouldn't be too much longer.

When I do, you may want to check the third post on the first page of this thread for additional information your characters might know.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy: A Soul’s Worth (OOC) (Clo

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:19 pm

To clarify the contents of the packs: The weapon in the pack is the weapon you selected in start up. 'Luna and Jestella do receive free weapons, but have done through in their backstory. The first because the inquisitor draws the line at arming mutants and the second because as a noble, she should have all the resources she needs.

The remaining contents are:
4 Rations: (Dark Heresy P 149)

1 Locked Data-Slate: The password will be somewhere in the pack and different for each of you, you can make notes on the slate and it's generally there as a tool for you to keep track of encounters and things, depending on how forgetful your character may be. (Dark Heresy P 150)

1 Micro-bead: Used for short range communication between the group, it has a number of frequencies that can be used, the data-slate contains 'Inquisitor Approved' frequencies should you run into areas of interference or find others on the line. (Dark Heresy P151)

1 Luminator: This is a more civilian standardised version of the Infantry Lamp Pack (Inquisitor’s Handbook P 182), to all intents and purposes it is mechanically the same and the battery is fully charged.

1 Whistle: It's a whistle. (Inquisitor's Handbook P 183)

Low Hive Overcoat/Cloak: AP 2 all Primitive, Weight 6. They are bulky coats/cloaks made of leather or animal hides. Simple garments made to stave off the cold and grant some minor degree of protection.

100 Thrones in a money pouch.

The pack itself can be counted as a backpack if you choose to take it with you.

--------------------------------------

In regards more generally to equipment, most of you came to this meeting already kitted out, so that’s fine. Those of you who didn't can go get their equipment and make excuses to friends/family etc that they might be away for a while on work; this can be done personally or by writing a message and leaving it with Valance/Tobias to be delivered. Then meet up again back here or in the vicinity of Elevator 46. Except Luna, you have to stick around until people are ready to go, can’t have you causing another scene and getting arrested again.

Valance and Tobias added to the NPC Character huddle on Page 1, along with a brief note of their predecessor Inquisitor Christina Margas and how the three are linked.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 pm

*A large snowball in the shape of tumbleweed rolls through the thread... it rolls a 1*

Apologies for being absent, its my last week of university before I break up for christmas with a number of fearsome deadlines looming far more seriously that they did last week, when they were mere shadows on the horizon. I am aware a few others are in similar boats, riding the treacherous seas of exams or leaning over the side with winter sickness.

So, I ask everyone to please bear with it for a bit. It's a busy time of year.If you are aware that you are going to be absent or strained for a while, please post it here and let us know. ;)

I will make a post shortly when I escape the reports for Dinner, but do not expect too much, I would prefer not to have to lead you into the story, I'd like you to show some initiative, but I will if people would prefer to.

I'd encourage people to use this thread, it's here for feedback, to ask questions, talk about the story OOC or just generally. I don't mind you using this thread to plan out ways to solve puzzles or situations, plot conspiracies against me as the GM or whatever else you might do. I might even help, and I will even try to act surprised when you do them. :P

Edit: Also, if at any point you want to request to do a skill check such as inquire, hearing, perception, sudden inspirational thought or whatnot and don't want to mention it in your post for whatever reason, either because you think it might be out of place, or suspect i'm up to no good and want your character to have a random chance/lucky shot of spotting it, then by all means, feel free to post your intent and your roll up in here or poke me directly.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm heading into finals next week, so my posts will be few and far in between.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Merry Christmas one and all, I hope you are eating and imbibing copious quantities of sumptuous christmas grub and delectable alcoholic beverages.

I just wanted to say that I know progress on this has been slow, but I’m going to keep it open and trying as long as people are interested. Hopefully things will pick up after Christmas and new year. Until then, go out and be merry: Enjoy yourselves!
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 pm

As an aside, your characters may or may not be familier with the Tertius Phantom Racing sport, a big hit - unsurprisingly - on Lasoura Tertius, it's starting to catch interest from the neighboruing planets due to the difficulty of maintaining transmissions and such, but Varley here seems to have hopped on the bandwagon and rigged up some system. While it is not strictly supported by the local governer of Lasoura Tertius, many groups and nobles have taken to fielding teams, and some speculation exists over hinted interest from the Adeptus Mechanicus. Phantom is the nickname given to the extremely fast racing vehicles favoured in this type of racing, due mainly to the high mortality rate among drivers.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Initiative is a bit of a sticky issue in these sort of forum rps, I'd like everyone to be involved, so if people want to stick to initiative based rolls I'm happy to do that, or if you'd prefer to work out a standard order among yourselves or anyone has a bright idea, then by all means. For this one, we'll try initiative to not get bogged down.

If during combat people dissapear from a while, I won't be able to wait indefinately, if you arn't their, i'll shunt you down the initiative and if you haven't appeared by the time everyone has dealt with their part, then I'll figure something out depending on the situation.

In regards to battle descriptions and such, you can feel free to embelish, if you want to kick them against a table or punch out a tooth or what have you, then please, embelish, as long as it's something you could reasonably do.

For this situation, initiative as it stands is:
Drunkard who started the fight
Writer
Me (3 Drunks)
Sword_Goddess
Inquisitor
Me (1 Drunk)
Blackshade
Me (1 Drunk)
Kearjih (6)
Me (1 Drunk)

SG or Inquisitor, if you roll higher than 11, feel free to make a post, if not I will add you to the list in the relevant places. I ask you all to try and check in tomorrow.

------------------------------------

For combat itself, I'm trusting you guys to make rolls for yourselves, if you want to do it while talking to me or if you want me to roll for you, let me know, but for the most part, it's in your hands.
Last edited by Kitab Al'Ibar on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kear'Naun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Castellas Initiative is 6 (rolled 3 + Agility Bonus 3)

Proposed Action for now would be an unarmed guarded attack if one of the drunks tries to get at Krak from the side or tries to attack her directly. Might be changed based on others actions & developments.
Kear'Naun
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Alright, initiative is as follows:

Kitab Al'Ibar wrote:For this situation, initiative as it stands is:
Drunkard who started the fight: KO'd by Kretas
Writer
Me (2 Drunks)
Sword_Goddess
Inquisitor
Me (1 Drunk)
Blackshade
Me (1 Drunk)
Kearjih (6)
Me (1 Drunk)

------------------------------------

For combat itself, I'm trusting you guys to make rolls for yourselves, if you want to do it while talking to me or if you want me to roll for you, let me know, but for the most part, it's in your hands.
Last edited by Kitab Al'Ibar on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:56 pm

*Points to the post above* That is the initiative order, Inquisitor's post has confused things a little, by not including any punching. ;)

So, let me say now that if anyone wants to try to talk their way out of it in combat, then it will be done as part of a skill check with modifiers based on the content of the post and situation, for this situation, there is a clear and ready consequence if you fail i.e. becoming involved in the fight. Now, as for the rest of you with how you react to this, I don't mind people posting their character speaking out of initiative order, especially if you do want to try the diplomacy route or are reacting to other characters making skill checks, but I do ask that you try to keep any combat actions in order. ^^;

So, following Inquisitor, it should have been the young drunk who is now delaying to see what happens, meaning it is Blackshade's post now. In regards to Writer's post, treat it as if Krak has said what he said, but the attack hasn't yet occured until his actual turn actually comes around. For his information though, the kid failed to dodge by as many degress of failure as were possible, he may well have headbutted your fist, nice roll. XD

If anyone else wants to make a suitable reactionary post, feel free, but please try to keep anything that would rely on skill checks to your turn or talk to me about them.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:57 am

Apologies for the slow slow slow pace, life has been hectic for several of us. For the next battle we will operate on a differant system, but the end of this one is in sight. I rolled awareness checks for each of you, most failed apart from Jastella and Luna (who succeeded by a whisker) in noticing the appearence of Varley.

In your turns you can all make skill checks to see what you can or Jastella can rp a warning / Luna can do something. Remember that I will let you do RP and such outside of initiative order, as long as it's not too long winded.

Then this fight will be wrapped up and we can move on a bit in some RP style. Thanks for bearing with it, apologies for the delays.

P.S. Kear, it's now your turn.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Writer wrote:Well, that's one way to drive the plot forward. I hope everyone's okay with what I'm doing right now. I was waiting on one of the guys with Charm to make a move, as I couldn't think of a good way to use Command, or any other skill I have, but no-one did. Come on, people! Don't leave it up to me to drag you kicking and screaming forward. Involve yourselves a little!

I am being a bit strict at the moment, she was always going to ask what you were down here for, but the original plan was for it to be less direct, however, given the way things have developed, this seemed more appropriate. In future, if there are small decisions to be made and nobody is taking them I won’t wait indefinitely, I will nudge it forward at intervals of 3-4 days. The last thing I want is for the thread to sits dead because nobody wants to act first.

Also, if you are unsure of what to do, what skill to use or just want to talk it over with each other but can't get in touch directly. Then I once again remind you to Use This Thread! That is what it's here for!

Writer wrote:Also, Kitab, I'm rather afraid we've lost Inquisitor/Jestella. According to his profile he hasn't logged in since February. I think we can safely call him lost to us.

I'd noticed that too. I doubt he will reappear, but for the moment the character is with you, if/when it becomes necessary to return to the Inquisitor (NPC not player) then Jastella will stay as a liaison or work with the PDF until further notice.

Now then, to the important part. Congratulations on winning the fight and finishing the first set piece. You all get some xp! How much varies on how involved you've been, how creative you've been with skills and combat etc, you get bonus points for being awkward and succeeding in giving me a headache or making me laugh (preferable) while I think up ways to respond etc. They wont vary greatly as I don't want to be unfair, but I do want people to get involved.

Blackshade: 75 xp
Kearjih: 75 xp
Swordgoddess: 80 xp
Writer: 100 xp (I think everyone will agree that in this first part Writer has been the most active and creative of the group, so please don't grudge him the difference.)

This factors in everything from the moment you left the Arbites Headquarters until now. I will give xp after each battle/set piece and it will include whatever has happened since I last posted XP. In the unlikely event that people start getting significant XP gains outside of set pieces - by RPing a lot, giving me a headache etc - then I will post it when it reaches a significant number – depending on if it will provide enough points to help someone get a new skill.

Any questions?
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern