Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy: A Soul’s Worth (OOC - OPEN)

Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy: A Soul’s Worth (OOC - SEMI-O

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Haha, I've just shaken off the last of the flu and got my voice back. Geting this moving again is certainly on the cards, I just need to refresh my memory on exactly whats what so I can wrap up this combat, work out how much xp you all deserve and how much to say in this post since you hae a dozen or so corpses you might want to take a look at or prod.

Either in this one or one of the next posts you will get a prod from Valance on the commbead to ask about the shooting and so I can recall Jastelle, though you will have the opportunity to update him on any of your findings. I'll keep 'Luna in the game for now as partially by chance and partially by design she has a role in the story thats worth keeping her around and it facilitates some other plans I have.

I'll try to get the post up tonight, but I'm still a bit fuzzy. I might hold off until the morning If I cant settle it in a way I'm happy with.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 am

Posts up, I'm still not too happy with it, but it covers the bases. I'll answer any questions here, on skype or in the IC thread as usual.

Give a try to the investigation, depending how it goes I'll interrupt at some point with a message from the Inquisitor as I mentioned.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:17 am

Apologies to Writer, I was in a rush last night to post and with the benefit of rest I've realised I didn't mention anything about the bodies you were searching. That will be rectified when I have a chance. For the basics though, most of the blue garbed corse are in a similar state to the woman in the elevator, they all look 'healthy' in life, but bear massive signs of recent torture - although these clearly died in the crossfire. The tattered remains of the outfit they all wear are the same colours and similar cuts, and if you are particularly observant may bear some form of insignia.

As for rolls of the dice. I've mentioned before that you can be fairly free on your skill choices as long as they are relevant. Krak's response was more or less right on the money, but such is what you might expect from someone with his experience. I'm willing to bend some of the various Lore skill rolls if it is something your character might have justifiably picked up. An unmodified Int roll for something vague they might remember, and the more specific the knowledge the higher the penalty, though some leeway with good RP justification.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Power is back! Finally! Been without it for 2 days!
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Welcome back and you lot are lucky today, I've had my results for my University course (2-1 Overall, 1st for my Dissertation) and I'm getting the full deposit back from my landlord. The benefit you get from this is that I just remembered I've still not given you guys your XP.

So, we shall start with a nice round 100 for each of you.
Writer, for your reliable posting you may choose either an additional 50 XP or replenish 1 Fate Point (as you seem to like using them)
Kearjih, you may also choose either an additional 25 xp or replenish 1 Fate Point
Blackshade, as you've not used any Fate Points, you may have an additional 25 xp
The xp of Luna and Sim I will manage.

---------------
That should give:
Writer: 100 - 150 unspent XP
Kearjih: 175 - 200 unspent XP
Blackshade: 200 unspent XP

The second number obviously depending on your choice of either xp or a Fate Point. As before, post any new skill choices here and I will confirm it/them.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Writer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey, Kitab. Did Sim just do her little ritual thingy on the man Kretas had advised everyone not to touch? The one with the weird metal all 'round? Did it look like she got any of it on her?

Thanks for the xp, by the way! I think I'll nab that fate point, though. Extra xp is good, but I've spent my fate a liiiiittle bit too liberally, I think.
Writer
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm

She did check that body, only the legs/part of the lower torso was within the affected area, but she was careful not to touch it.

I suspected you might take the fate point. Let me know if you pick something to spend the xp on.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kear'Naun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Okay, after chatting with Kitab for a bit I updated Castella from the Inquisitors Handbook Sororitas Progression to the Blood of Martyrs Progression. Other then that Castella spends 100xp to hone her Awareness, constantly on edge down here.
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Just to elaborate a little on my post, there are 5 passages including the one you walked up from the elevator. They are equally spaced so two to the left of your entrance (Exits 1 & 2 numbering clockwise from your entrance), two to the right (Exits 3 and 4).

Whichever passage/s you choose to investigate or wander down, make me an awareness check and a search check - presuming you are looking for battle damage/marks of recent use. Bonuses or penalties will depend on which passage you go down, so if you want a specific one, then poke me on skype/msn, I'll try to respond quickly.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:40 pm

2-------3
>--<
1---I---4

A poor attempty to draw the intersection just to clarify the directions (ignore the -'s they are just there for spacing):
1: Where Sim spotted the leaving footprints
2: Nothing Spotted
3: The direction Writer identified them coming from
4: * See below
5: To the Elevator

* As you were so close with your second roll Writer, then you think someone might have gone that way, but you cant be sure, the confusion of activity in the intersection spills across and makes it difficult to determine
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Writer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Arright. Edited my post a little. Kear and Black, which way do you think we should go first? I'm good with either.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

If anyone wants to make a choice there, then you are more than welcome to. ^^;

Otherwise, I'll be gone for a couple of days for my graduation and will move it on when I get back. If a posts up by tomorrow morning I might be able to squeeze in an answer before I go, but we shall see.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Kear'Naun » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Choices and decisions. ^^; Well, I'll try and make up my mind. But no hurry with that answer. You go and enjoy those graduation festivities. *wee*
Kear'Naun
Demon

Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy: A Soul’s Worth (OOC - OPEN)

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Apologies there, Ales = Alis, the man you found in the elevator earlier if you can cast your minds back that far. My own mistake. Edit it if you like or I'll assume Krak forgot the name. ^^;

I'll give others a chance to post *Pokes everyone* before I reply, but will post in the next couple of days.

Edit: Also, you fail your awareness to notice what may or may not be there. ;)
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Game Tavern