Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Armageddon (sign up)

Armageddon (sign up)

Postby Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 pm

YAY!

MY VERY FIRST RP!

I'll allow up to four people other then myself. First person to post!

Aaand here we go;

World setting:
For the world setting I want you to imagine our own world with a few minor tweaks. This world is a lot more technologically advanced then we are (At least at present day). The normal life span has been raised to about 350, they have been travelling in space for the last 400 years or so and yes, life on other planets have been discovered. However, the life forms they have been able to contact have been acting hostile and connection with most have been broken.
Also, these people that I talk about are not humans. You could say they are ... animals with human intelligence. No they are not furries. For reference you can go through THIS cartoon for reference. The world setting is pretty much from this cartoon, but a few years in the future.
The basic instincts between animals, or prejudice, that we have in our world are present in this one. Canines chase cats up trees, carnivores eats herbivores and most are more comfortable in the presence of their own kind.
One last thing; an animal cannot do magic on their own. But much like... ‘Dark matter’ (the book series) they have a familiar following them. When a creature comes of age (at 24) a familiar is called out from their own essence. I will allow one person to not have their familiar if he or she gives a very good reason for there not to be one. Otherwise you all have a familiar. And they look something like THIS. (They are all black, but their mana comes in different colours, depending on the creature’s personality. The signs on their foreheads are always a different shape, kind of like finger prints, and they are used as your identification.
These familiars are your source of magic. However, they come with something that I would like to call a child lock. If you have intention to cause harm with your magic, or if the magic cast will unintentionally cause harm it will not happen. You do not have to physically do anything for the magic to take place because you have a mind link to your familiar as it is made from your own essence. Simply wish for something to happen or imagine it and it will indeed happen. There are of course the basic rules of magic. You cannot make something from nothing. You cannot use an amount greater then yourself, you will die. You cannot cause harm. And so on. Oh yes, you cannot be further apart from your familiar then about 7 meters.

Background Story:
You will get a fuller story in the first post of the RP. But the skeleton structure is this. ‘We’ are a group called space wanderers. We have now been in space for about 3 years and are scheduled to turn towards earth again in two years. (We have supplies altogether to last for about 8 years from this point in time). We were supposed to meet up with this other intelligent life form that was found nearly five light-years away. (Yes, we travel at nearly the speed of light.) However, a couple of weeks ago the ship received a hostile message. They are no longer welcome to this planet. It was decided to slow down and wait for orders from the command back at earth.
Only a few moments ago, too early for a reply, a second message was received. Armageddon has taken place. The crew onboard this ship are now the only people still alive and no planet to return to. This is where our RP begins!

Characters:
Although I am not very strict with species, age or anything else; you will have to choose a position. I will put up some positions it is possible for you to fill, you pick one of them and fill out a form. (Before you start filling out the form I suggest that you post and call dibbs on the position). The captain is going to be an npc.
- Nurse (Kind of obvious) [You work alone]
- Communicator (keeps tabs on all surrounding planets and tries to make sense of messages received)
- Operator (Keeps the ship on the right course, make sure everything is functioning) [You shall have two npc’s working under you]
- Cook (feeed meee) [You shall have one npc working under you]
- ‘Janitor’ (keeps everything clean. Does not actually have to clean. More like operating robots...)
- Repairman [or woman] (Also kinda obvious...)
- Any other job you might think of. PM me first thought. (We have a crew of about 40 people here. They all gotta do something!)
[I am going to be the familiar care taker (familiars have some.. peculiar problems. If they are not properly looked after we will have a blast of mana to take care of...)

Rules:

1. NO God modding. No controlling of other peoples characters. This includes controlling npc’s acting a little bit too convenient. If you are not certain, ask me!

2. Prolonged absences. If you know you’re going to be away for longer stretches of time, please don’t sign up. If you are going away for a couple of days or so, post it as OOC or PM me so that we can keep going with some credibility.

3. Be nice everyone! Have fun, and ask me if there is anything you wonder about :D

Form:

Name:
Occupation onboard:
Familar: (colour and sign)

Personality:

Looks: (You can describe yourself or post pictures. Include style of clothing.)

Posetions: (Tell us what you brough of personal belongings on board. You will be provided food, clothing and weapons. No money is needed.)

Backgroundstory: (You don't have to write a novel. Tell us what made you into you!)

GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU SOON!
Blue
Tainted

Re: Armageddon (sign up)

Postby Zickman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 pm

I formally reserve my spot on said team of space adventurers. :D. I shall beginning working on my character immediately. I can be a lion right?
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Zickman wrote:I formally reserve my spot on said team of space adventurers. :D. I shall beginning working on my character immediately. I can be a lion right?

Yep :D

What position do you want?
Blue
Tainted

Postby Zickman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I soooo want to be a gunner pilot if you feel the need to add that as a position.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:12 pm

No prblem.

Might need a liiiittle rewriting thought.

hm..

Do you want to be in charge of the weapon section and armed training?
(You'll get shout at everyone apart from the captain xD)

-One more push up soldier, or you will eat dirt for breakfast!-
'>.<
Blue
Tainted

Postby Zickman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Sounds like a plan.....so I assume we are on a spaceship? And the weapons and technology are futeristic. Blaster guns, gama rays, lighting swords, hologram video games, transporters, and all that jazz?
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

mhm

Because you're in charge of that section I'll give you a pretty slack lease as to what weapons we have.

Be inventive :D
(But don't go overboard. No godmodding like stuff :P)
Blue
Tainted

Postby Zickman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Aye aye Captain. Don't worry. a couple a hand held nuclear bombs ain't never hurt nobody before. }:3. Lol, j/k. I'll have my character up before midnight.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Zickman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Wait..........if i'm reading correctly.........no offensive magic? at all?
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:03 pm

mhm o3o

Which is why we have advanced technology in weapons :D

Think about it for a sec.

Haven't you ever had a strong wish for someone to die? But if they had actually died you would have been devestated?

It's just to avoid... special situations.
Blue
Tainted

Postby Blue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:44 pm

T.T

No one..?
Blue
Tainted

Postby Zickman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 am

I'm still in!
Zickman