Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

WhetStone Chronicles.

Re: WhetStone Chronicles.

Postby uplink » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 am

"You report to your fellow guards. We picked up a few mercenaries before coming up. The usual sort, you'll find them on the crew deck. We have a stable aboard for the horse," the gnome said politely, pointing a thumb behind him at the galleon-sized landship.
uplink
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 am

"I will sleep on the upper deck if possible. Sleeping under open sky would be comforting."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 am

"Thanks," Dern grinned, then turned to where a shack stood watch over a ramshackle row of stables.
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby uplink » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:00 am

"As I said, do as you wish."
uplink
Nether Seed

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 am

Dern paid the stable master a few coins and retrieved Applebane, shouldering some of the goods stored there. "Well Appy," she sighed, "the Whetstone certainly was more than I expected. You wouldn't believe what I saw, old friend."

Dern paused just then, leading Applebane by the reins and looking in the direction of the landship where Silent was waiting. "Then again...," she reconsidered. "I guess you'll see a little yourself," she smirked, rubbing her companion's muzzle before they continued to make their way towards the vehicle. Applebane gave a apathetic grunt in reply.

Stopping several paces from Silent, Dern dipped a hand into her pack. "Silent. Catch." She tossed an apple at the werewolf.

"This is Applebane," she tossed another apple at Silent. "Like her name suggests, he likes apples. Just give him one and hold onto the other. He's more friendly that way." As she explained this, Applebane began nuzzling at Dern's pack. With another apple in hand, Dern pulls the horses' attention away for the time being.

"Appy. You be good while on board, you hear?" With that, she yielded the apple to the steed who accepted it with an grunt.
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:39 am

Silent nodded and approached the horse. He'd seen them before, humans would ride on there backs to augment there slow speed, interesting he thought. He approached the horse, using his claw to cut the apple into smaller chunks he held it out for the horse to nibble on. Memories flashed past his eyes, memories from another mans life. "I think I owned a horse like this once." he murmered, he held the apple slices flat on his pad for the horse to eat without biting his hand. He put one hand on the nose of the animal and rubbed the felt of it's nose gently as it ate the apple. His voice grew distant and faraway almost sounding human.

"My duaghters would run up to him every day when I came back from the fields and feed him grass and fruit they had picked during the day,I would always scold them for picking fruit from the woods, but I could never stay mad at them. I would get off the horse and lift them onto the saddle and let them ride home while I kept a steady hand on the reins. Ole' Blueboy never minded having two passengers, he was a good work horse.The girls would laugh and sing while we traveled home." The glazed far away look ended and his voice came back to it's usual growling seemingly unaware and unworried at the memory of a dead man. The horse gave a snicker and a bobb of the head as he began to cut up the other piece of fruit. "Heh, I think it likes me Banded Dern."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby voynich » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 am

Banui looked after Ibram as he walked towards the ship and disappeared in shadows. He had heard of undead, but thought that they were just skeletons and spirits stalking ancient tombs. But Ibram didn't seem like one. "Ah good, I was looking for the quartermaster." Banuis said to the gnome. "My name is Banui and I would like to book a passage to west. I will pay for cheapest room as I'm not very proficient in any form of combat." He said and took few coins from his pack.
voynich
Nether Seed

Postby Sir Malifact » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Ibram approached the stables, rubbing his hands together gleefully as he inspected the stock available. He needed a mount of some sort, and with the latest chapter of the Nekromanticus Grimoire unlocked, he knew just the spell for the job. But stealing one of the beasts would be... troublesome. Far easier just to buy one of the damn things, and then conduct his fell rites. So, he looked about for a stable-keeper of some sort, eager to try out his latest Necromantic spell.

((Is it allright if he purchases a horse from an NPC stablekeeper?)
Sir Malifact
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 pm

"Appy's steadfast even when things look bad," she mused, then smiling at a thought she added, "I don't know if he's just thick headed or brave, but I suppose he's a pretty decent judge of character."

Dern cast her eyes up at the landship, studying its profile. "Have you ever seen anything like this before?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Sir Malifact » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:08 pm

((Going ahead with it))

Ibram handed over a handful of gleaming coins to the stable-keeper, a few more than needed in the pile to ensure that no questions were asked, before turning towards the stables. He gripped the reigns of a big, black maddock and tugged, leading the proud horse away from the stables and towards the tunnel from whence the caravan had emerged.

Minutes passed. If one had been watching the tunnel-mouth, they would have seen a thin veil of wisp-like smoke rising from the entrance.

Then, finally, the Death Knight in-training emerged from the cave, his gauntlets smeared in blood. Behind him clopped a skeletal horse, it's bleached-white bones carved with smoking runes of fell power. A shroud of chocking blackness swirled about it's limbs, leaving faintly-smoking hoofprints behind it with each step. The empty sockets of it's eyes flickered with a sickly, corpulescent light. Ibram patted it on it's bony snout, and it whinnied in reply, rubbing the tip of its snout against his hand in a display of sick affection.
Sir Malifact
Demon

Postby Wirewolf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Dracomatic2000 wrote:"Appy's steadfast even when things look bad," she mused, then smiling at a thought she added, "I don't know if he's just thick headed or brave, but I suppose he's a pretty decent judge of character."

Dern cast her eyes up at the landship, studying its profile. "Have you ever seen anything like this before?"

"I have never seen such a thing." he growled. He stopped petting the horses nose once it was finished nibbling on the apple and turned to study the landship. "It will be a story to tell to Yellowmane when we find her."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby voynich » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Banui paid the gnome for his trip and went toward the landship. On his way he saw as Ibram walked a dark horse in a cave and shortly after mist came out. Banui thought that he should learn more about this Ibram, might be useful for his research. He continued to the landship and in no time was looking at his "room", which was in fact a bunk in corner. "I guess I shouldn't expect more for the price I paid" he says to himself and carefully puts his pack underneath the bed. He then decided to search Isabella as he got few questions to ask from a healer.
voynich
Nether Seed

Postby Sir Malifact » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Ibram lead his skeletal steed towards the stables, directing it not by tugging nor vocal instruction, but through the silent link that a Necromancer had with his minion. The steed flicked it's bony tail to and fro, before trotting into the stable placidly. It would need no food, no drink, no rest; it would continue to serve until the magic which powered it wore out. He shut the stable door, bolted the hatch and turned away, noting as he did that the Wulfen and his companion were there as well.
Sir Malifact
Demon

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Dern stopped in front of the stable at the sight the skeletal horse being led in, gave a look to Silent, then a look back at Ibram as he emerged from the stable. As the man bolted the door, Dern looked perplexed.

"Shalara...," she murmured to herself, half sighing. With a shrug Dern turned to Silent and handed him Applebane's reins. "Change of plans I guess. Can you take Applebane back down for me while I look for that short fellow we spoke with earlier?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Silent nodded, "Allright, Banded Dern." he grabbed the proffered reins lead the horse back down the back of the hatch. The animal seemed intent on collecting every scrap of grass it could manage to get ahold of.
Workers, traders and merchants and caravan drivers and guards passed by staring at the Werewolf holding the reins to the horse, having never seen one of his kind before. he eventually found a nice patch of grass to wait within sight of the landship and sat down, watching the horse nibble at grass.
Wirewolf
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern