Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

WhetStone Chronicles.

WhetStone Chronicles.

Postby Wirewolf » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Dawn began to break over the horizon and began to bathe the world in a rich golden light. Reaching farther and farther until even the light struck the entrance to the Whetstone Fortress and the Underworld. A little caravan can be seen with wagons, carriages, carts and a single landship all packed and loaded for the long journey towards the west. The Landship It's sails twitching in the morning breeze and it's team of large surians sunning in the open field in front of the yawning entrance dominate the center of the formation it having been converted long ago into a mobile bar and cargo carrier. Figures can now be spied, exiting from outside the wagons or beneath there carts, while others stalk out of the entrance having spent the night at the famous Whetstone Tavern or in one of the other flophouses within the fortress. The figures are now swarming over the wagons. Animals are being brought out from the above ground stables and hitched to there respective vehicles the Caravan master yelling out orders and instructions to the various merchants,settlers and adventurers from atop of the Landship.

The destination of this caraven was the fabled West and it's port city of Heronious, many people were heading west for many reasons both personal and monetary for good and ill. Travelers,Settlers,Traders,Merchants,Hanger-On's and Adventurers were loading up and preparing for the journey towards the West.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
OOC

This is set in the Drow Tales setting, however like the Whetstone this setting is very loose. Feel free to take liberties with the setting, although don’t go too far (Keep it to this universe. I dont want to see Axe-Cop emerging through a rift from time and space.) and remember that this is still set in a high-magic fantasy world with mostly medieval technology. Non-canon Events, Peoples, Cultures and groups can and will be taking place (Posters feel free to help flesh out this WhetStone Chronicles universe but don’t go completely overboard.)

Your allowed weapons, magic and whatever gear you want (Within reason of course.) To keep things in mind however the most you can own is a wagon and items within said wagon.

Your allowed to play anything you want (Within reason. No Cosmic Entities. If your character is in conflict with the DT setting please provide an explanation on how he/she/it fits into the WhetStone Chronicles setting.)

The Overall Plot is getting to the West (For now.) New plots can be cooked up by players (fighting bandits, treasure hunting and etc.)
I also encourage that each player have a reason/goal/quest. (These will be worked in.)

West or Bust.
Wirewolf
Tainted

Re: WhetStone Chronicles.

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 am

Dern was awake and waiting outside the tavern early. A still a little groggy, she sipped water from a mug while honing the edge of her hand and a half sword, waiting. It had been a couple of days since she had gotten into a fight with a couple of would be bandits, and she hadn't had the time to maintain the edge since then, staying on the move lest she was being followed by their friends. She paused and checked a small nick in the edge before working out the tiny crook left in the cutting surface with a hard stone.
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:18 am

Silent walked outside the tavern and spotted the human from last night he walked towards her. "There is a large herd preparing to leave shortly towards the west. If it is all right with you I believe we should travel with them." He extended to his full height off little under ten feet and began to stretch his back hearing discs began to pop and move. "Are you ready to go?"
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 am

Dern did a last check on the blade edge before wiping it down with a rag. She needed to improve her blade turning, it seems. With a nod, she sheathed her weapon, tucked the rag into her belt, and stood. "It would probably be a good idea. Do you know where they're headed?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:48 am

He nodded. "A large human port city along the coast."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby voynich » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:38 pm

"I over heard that you are heading to west, do you mind if..." Banui as he exited the tavern, but cutting in mid sentence as he noticed Silent. Banui stood there for a second, staring to Silent, before continuing. "As I was saying, My name is Banui and I'm also heading to west. So I thouht if I could join your caravan." Banui said and walked towards Silent and Dern. Banui was a human of avarage size, standing bit over 1,7 meters tall. He had clean shaven head. He was wearing a loose grey cotton shirt wich had a faded, green hand print on left shoulder. He also had loose pants made of brown burlap which were held up by a leather belt. Few puches, a metal flask and small knife, much like the ones found on kitchens, were hanging from the belt. As he walked closer, faint sound of glass hitting glass could be heard from his backpack.
voynich
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Silent cocked his head to the side and studied the stranger before addressing him. "Not our caraven, we will only be traveling with them towards the human port city. You are free to come with us." He puased for a second lost in thought, "Forgive me, what is it that you do?" He pointed at Dern "I know that she is a warrior. But what is your duty?"
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby voynich » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:57 pm

"I'm a..." Banui pauses for a second. "I'm a alchemist or scholar of a kind." He continues. "I travel the world seeking different plants and animals and try to incorporate them in to my research." Banui says with smile. "I usually try not to travel alone, thats why I wished to join this caravan, safer that way." He continues as he studies Silent.
voynich
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Silent felt a tad uncomfortable. While yes Dern was a nice person even she seemed nervous around him at first. This human was literally exuding interest, studying him as one does a fascinating treasure. He gave a growl. "You find me somehow interesting human?"
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby voynich » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:14 pm

"Infact I do. As I have traveled the world, I have heard stories of man turned in to beast. But never had I seen one." Banui says with smile on his face. "I realy did not belive them, I thought them to be just to be tales of the drunk. Seems like I was wrong." He continues with a shrug.
voynich
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Silent gave a wary nod. "There are more of my kind in the north, beyond the Strait. But down here there seems to be a lack of my kind." He began to rub his Band, in particular he touched his wifes Vow and felt the warmth it exuded. As hot as they day they had pledged themselves to one another. "You'll see maybe one or more of my kind as we head west." He murmered.
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby DestyNova1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:03 am

Isabella strode out of the Whetstone and looked around for the caravan. She heard that one was headed west, and with no job prospects here, decided that it was as good a place as any to start her journy for a new life. Besides, healers are always useful whereever they go, so hopefully, she would be able to slip aboard.
Isabella then strode to the caravan, looking for the one who took on people.
DestyNova1
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:34 am

The group proceeded up out of the underworld and into the early morning light. Before them lay the the caraven, made up of dozens of various carts,wagons and carriages all surrounding the large landship. So many beings, so many smells and noises it was overpowering he thought. He bumped into something and sent the person into the dew covered grasp. He looked down and saw it was a woman. He reached down and grabbed her back the back of the shirt and picked her up and set her back firmly onto the ground. "My apologies female."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby DestyNova1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:43 am

Isabella's breath was knocked out of her as she went to the ground and was then picked up by a large hand. Cursing under her breath, she saw the...whatever the hell it was towering over her. "Sorry are you? Who would you be?" Isabella absently brushes her clothing.
DestyNova1
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 am

Silent looked down at the woman. "I am Silentwalk." he moved himself down to where his head was level with hers. "And you are?"
Wirewolf
Tainted

Next

Return to Game Tavern