Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

The Whetstone, Tavern & Inn

Re: The Whetstone, Tavern & Inn

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:15 am

Dern looked at the offered object curiously but made no motion to accept it. "What's that?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:28 am

He held the strap up towards the fire and saw the trinkets catch the light,a slight clinking noise came from them. "Trophies,Stories,Oaths,Loyalties,Friendships made,Friends that die,Favors from The Lady." He tied it onto her arm. "We made this to help us remember who we are and what we've done. A physical memory, these bands are precious to us as it's a physical manifestation of our histories and deeds." He finished tying it. "You offered to help me, I have nothing in which to repay that kindness other than this."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:33 am

She gave Silent a faltering look as he explained the significance of the charms, "Oh... I can't accept this. Look, if you really need to repay me somehow, I'm sure we can figure something out along the way."
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

"The Band can be replaced as can the charms." He pointed to the remaining band, still tied to his bicep. "My Yellowmane cannot be so easily replaced." He held up a engraved tooth with patterns and whorls. "Her tooth. Lost when we first met, We were hunting for the evening meal when she was struck by a wild boar named Black Tusk. She kept it as a remainder when she and I tore out it's throat." He pointed to a piece of twisted piece of metal. "This is when she and I fought a warband of bandits that had entered into our region. She slew there leader and kept this piece of armor she was protecting our home and the young. The Lady spoke kind words to her for this duty." He pointed towards a carved piece of wood. "She made this to remember the changing of the new cycle, 90 moon cycles ago. She made it to remember our first meeting." He pointed towards a red crystal held in place by yellow hair twisted into a small cable, this is most important. This is her blood made into stone by The Lady when we made our Vow Twelve Moon Rises ago." His eyes glowed at the memory. "She carries a stone of my blood on her band."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:00 am

Still looking vaguely puzzled, Dern nodded slowly. "If you insist, then...," she glanced in the direction of the lone dwarf, either unconscious or dead, in the arena, then at the death knight before asking "What's the vow for?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby DestyNova1 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:10 am

Isabella waves to the two bouncers who watch the gate of the arean. "Heler, let me have a look at him before you toss him out on his arse." Isabella, if allowed, checks over the senseless dwarf and sees if he is still breathing and revivable anytime soon.
DestyNova1
Nether Seed

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 am

"We pledged ourselves to one another." He said looking at the crystal. "The Lady herself the blessed the union. It was a spring morning with the sun just emerging and the moons still hanging in the sky." Silent gave for what could pass as a smile for one of his kind. "She was radiant as we took our vows and exchanged band-charms and finally blood." He gave a deep basso chuckle "She had decorated her hair with flowers and metal, strange for sure but she had strange notions from watching the human towns on the border." He sighed "It didnt take away from her though, only added. I remember how the morning sun cuaght off her eyes and her band and charms. The deep red of our shared blood decorated on her face and down her chest and claws. The morning howl in the background and The Ladies blessings."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:26 am

"So she's your wife?," Dern stood, adjusting the roll on her back.
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:28 am

He looks puzzled. "I do not know this word."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:31 am

She thought for a moment. "...mate?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 am

He nods. "She is indeed my mate. We were only vowed Twelve Moon Rises ago, We both left on this quest six moon rises ago." He looks at the crystal. "I miss her."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 am

Dern drank deeply from the flagon of tea, putting it down with a *clunk*
"So when do we leave?"
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:42 am

"Food will come first, as will rest.We can leave for whatever passes for daybreak in this." He pauses and looks around slowly. "Burrow."
Wirewolf
Tainted

Postby Dracomatic2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:44 am

Dern looked in the direction of the doorway trying to gauge the hour, then turned to look in the direction of the death knight with a frown. "Shit. Fine..." Sitting down, she raised arm to flag down the bar maid.
Dracomatic2000
Nether Spawn

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 am

"Something upsets you?" He asked. His eyes tracking to the Corpse Thing.
Wirewolf
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern