Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Geminia: OOC and Recruiting

Re: Geminia: OOC and Recruiting

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Alright Black Mage, looks good. We actually still even have two spots still open at the moment. However, I must insist that your bookshop be far enough away from the theater that you can't reach it easily.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby The Black Mage » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Sounds fine.

Also two things:
1. If it's raining can Percy have an umbrella? He doesn't own a car, so it makes sense.
2. I have an idea for a power: Skeptisism! Basically, it prevents mind tricks from affecting the person. They also can't see the monsters, instead fooling themselves into seeing something more logical, like madman or rabid dogs. If they see something they cannot explain away, they lose the memory of it as soon as it leaves their sight. Basically, they lose awareness in what they are fighting in exchange to being immune to having someone from mucking with their minds.
The Black Mage
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:18 am

You can have an umbrella, it frequently rains in Eureka. Late at night there's usually a heavy fog thick enough to seem like a drizzle. Also, I'll think about the skepticism thing, but it probably won't happen.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:19 am

I am going to join as well, just debating on whether I want to make a police cadet or a medical student. *rubs eyelids* Nnmmm.
Sword Goddess
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Either is fine, so long as you don't have the cadet carrying a gun.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm

xD I don't think a Police Cadet would carry a gun into a movie theater, do you?
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

No, but RPers sometimes get some weird ideas about what is acceptable.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:34 pm

I guess I could nab the last spot. I'm a bit skeptical about the powers thing, but I'll post up a character in a bit.

Oh Svelt, any caves or other tour atractions around? I was considering having my character as an unsatisfied tour guide for some local attraction or other.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm

The only local attractions are the dunes and a preserved bird habitat. No real local attractions. Though you could be some sort of park ranger for the redwood groves.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Profile Skeleton:

Name: Ezio Alfáre-Bennet (Typically shortened to Ezio Bennet)

Height: 5'9

Weight: 168lbs

Strengths:
Skilled in various woodland survival craft (starting fires, bearings, map reading etc), handy with axes and knives - though mostly for wood gathering (For fires) and carving. Fairly fit, good runner and a good shot with a paintball gun. Decent first aid knowledge, good grasp of the principles, but has rarely had to put it to use on anything more serious than the odd sprained ankle or hiker who pushed themselves too far and fainted, at worst a broken leg.

Weaknesses:
Has very rarely used a gun and prefers not to. Puts a value on life and tends to avoid killing things where possible. Good with preparation, occasionally forgetful with the follow through and can be a heavy sleeper, used to all the noises of the woodland.

Biography:
Of Italian descent, his mother married and american and they moved to Eureka. He has had a relaxed and mostly carefree life, coasting through school and university without really knowing what he wanted at the end of it, he studied what appealed to him (ending up with a repertoire of random knowledge) and landed a job as a park ranger out of necessity for funds, thinking it would only be a temporary stint. He found it surprisingly enjoyable and peaceful, so stuck with it long after he had finished studying. He kept in touch with a lot of his friend and often joined them for sport and paintballing, invariably seen crowning the local pub pool table. Also a fan of party games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero which he considers himself quite good at. He was invited to the cinema with some friends for a late night showing of whatever was on, he turned up late and getting no answer from their phones he went anyway, just in time for the end of the trailers, though his friends were nowhere to be seen.

Appearance:
Short brown hair, relatively unkempt, gray green eyes and lightly tanned skin. When not in his ranger uniform he tends to wear blue jeans and a dark t-shirt bearing some symbol or design relating to his mood, hooded jumpers tend to be fairly plain and come out when the weather gets cold enough. He also sports a ¾ length black leather coat, fairly plain, but good for cutting the wind and keeping dry and typically wears hiking boots or sturdy trainers. Being as he spends much of his time out in the forest he’s never seen much point in keeping up with whatever trend is the current fashion. Always carries his wallet, mobile phone, keys to his house/Ranger mobile/ranger hut etc, a small mirror, some mints and a Swiss army knife.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 am

Sorry about my absence lately, I'll post a character up today though. <_>
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Sword Goddess » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 am

Profile Skeleton:

Name: Alexis Cassady Yates

Height:
5'7

Weight: 120

Strengths:
Athletic, Intelligent, medical knowledge

Weaknesses: Insomniac, not physically strong

Biography: The youngest child of a middle class couple native to the Eureka city region, after attending the local high school she left Eureka to attend Standford Medical University and pursue a career as a medical physician. Although expensive, her parents had known about Alexis' affinity for healing for quite some time - and perhaps due to their own maternal `sometimes misguided` pride - and had saved a considerable sum of money for the woman's semesters. As a third year medical school student she's started to prepare for her internship at the local hospital. Unfortunately the woman has always battled with an acute syndrom of Insomnia and constantly needs to take medication as a result - although this often turns into an advantage on the nights before an examination, it is typically an annoyance to her. One of her usual hobbies to pass time, when she has free time, is to visit the local broadway cinima in Eureka.

Appearance: Smooth skin stretched flawlessly over engaging visage, well framed by locks of purest winter snow - a natural recessive trait for women in her family. Gentle blue eyes settle to either side of a well-placed nose, just above beauty-accentuating, high ceek bones, and just beneath thin, platinum brows. Her lithe physique adorned a more casual attire, loose gray sweatshirt loosely hanging over bosom and abdominal, while wonderfully curved assets of a slim back and delicate hips are hugged by a low set of blue jeans.
Sword Goddess
Demon

Previous

Return to Game Tavern