Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Geminia: OOC and Recruiting

Geminia: OOC and Recruiting

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am

Before you read any further, you should know that this will be a horror-based, GM-run game set in the modern era. There are no dice and no stats, and for all intents and purposes it runs just like an ordinary role-play does. As GM I control all the NPCs, and each player gets one character. On to the story.

On the west coast of the United States lies a small city called Eureka. On the northern end of California and Humbolt County, it is relatively unknown and unremarkable. Constantly foggy and cloudy from the nearby ocean, it would be a dreary place to live if not for the vibrant artistic passion that permeates the area. An old town of beautifully restored Victorian buildings and a downtown area where most buildings have gorgeous murals on walls turned away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets. Galleries and crafts stores make their regular appearances throughout the town and the Arkley Center for the Performing Arts sports both the most incredible mural of all and a strange collection of up-and-comings on their list of performances.

As you approach the bay however, the buildings turn shabby and various manufacturing plants pop up out of the ground like rusted forests. Mostly they're closed now, and the only activity in the area is around the homeless shelter and the surprisingly successful music store next to it. Elsewhere in the city there is a boardwalk with cafes that are both clean and expensive, but the majority of the waterfront is a reminder of the city's days as a logging town and industrial center.

On the main street that heads through the city, if you're coming from the south, is the Broadway movie theater. The prices are obscene, but it's the only place in town that shows good movies. The latest showing of the night is just getting out, and the few people crazy enough to be in a movie theater at three in the morning are just heading back to their cars. Funny thing though, there's nobody at the concession stand or admission booth.
Last edited by Svelt Rho'Vannion on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

The Setting of Geminia

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:07 am

I want to keep this fairly fast paced, so there will only be six people allowed. Applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Also, I am the GM, decisions I make about what does or does not happen in my world are final. However, it's pretty much like the real world; fire hurts like hell, axes cleave through skulls, and the best way to kill a zombie is a headshot with a shotgun.

Though your characters will start out as regular humans, I will be granting very minor abilities to players who play their characters particularly well and do not power play. That said, if you want your character to start out as an excellent martial artist, go ahead. Anything within reason(gun toting lunatics don't typically go to late-night movies) is just fine.

While this is mostly a horror RP, it is going to touch on elements of survival, so constantly be thinking. Doing stupid stuff(i.e. trying to hug a zombie) will get you killed, no do-over. Last, but by no means least, nobody knows each other. Your backstory is up to you, but everybody is just meeting for the first time here and now.

Profile Skeleton:

Name: (A full name that a regular person of your ethnicity would have. i.e. Robert Paulson.)

Height: (Self-explanatory.)

Weight: (Ditto.)

Strengths: (Just a general list of things you think will help your character survive.)

Weaknesses: (Stuff that may get you killed.)

Biography: (This doesn't have to be that long, but it should say something about your character. You may notice I didn't include a personality section, that's because I think those are pretty phony. However, your background should reflect a bit of your character's personality. It might be a good idea to include why you're at the movies tonight.)

Appearance: (Pictures are welcome, but I would still like a text description posted alongside it. Also, please post a link instead of the image itself. This should also include stuff you're wearing and whatever you're carrying on you. No, you may not be carrying a katana.)
Last edited by Svelt Rho'Vannion on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Example Character

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am

First off, I'll post the character I'll be playing. Since I am the GM, he really more of a persistent NPC than anything else. However, I'm setting him up exactly like I expect all the normal characters to be done as.

Name: Bruce "Hardy" Church

Height:
6'

Weight: 141 lbs

Strengths:
Competent handyman, auto-mechanic, carpenter, architect, and metal worker. Good shot with game guns (i.e. rifles and shotguns). Averagely capable with handguns.

Weaknesses:
Easy to anger, and always thinks he's right. Not very strong, and fairly slow. Too eager to charge instead of run, even when running is the best option.

Biography:
Always angry, he constantly looks for things to vent his emotions at. As a college student, he led the protests on his campus against the Vietnam war. So severe was his civil disobedience that he was arrested and did a short stint in prison. Following this, he moved out into the wilderness to get away from the public. Turning into a hermit, he taught himself how to build and take care of everything he would need. His house, his vehicles, even his wine he made or maintained himself. His new thing is playing guitar, and he's in town to practice with a guitarist whom he respects. On a whim, he decided to go to the theater for the first time in decades.

Appearance: He's old, but was stylish back in his time, and his dress shows it. Black leather cowboy boots, slim jeans held up with a brown leather belt, red flannel shirt, and a leather motorcycle jacket. Also, a berret, because he's quirky like that. Though tall and with broad shoulders, his body is the unnatural thin of someone who has aged poorly. His hair is a dark gray and his beard is mostly white. On him he caries a pocket knife, a wallet with a couple hundred dollars in it, and the keys to his Indian. His nose was once broken in a fist fight, and he never had it straightened properly so it still looks a bit squashed and crooked. His face.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Re: Geminia: OOC and Recruiting

Postby kylefiredemon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Name: Alexei Smirnov

height: 5' 12"

strengths: hitman, industial spy, assassin, really good with melee weapons or marital arts, good at hacking,calm.

weaknesses: too quiet, not relible, backstabber and horrible when need to shoot with a gun.

Biography: A formor KGB agent that went private after the collapse of the Soviet union. always quiet and looking for a way too get to the top, in short if he had to push you off a cliff so he may succeed, he will gladly do it. always good with knifes after he murdered his abusive father at the family's butcher shop in Moscow. This cold calculated man will always be behind you, so watch your back.

Apperace: Slick back hair with with a long scar on the right side of his face and no facial hair and a pair of shades to cover his eyes. wears a black suit with a black italian tie also with black dress shoes. Carries few thousand dollars at a time to keep the authorites off his back.
kylefiredemon
Vel'akar

Postby kylefiredemon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Name: Alexei Smirnov

height: 5' 12"

strengths: hitman, industial spy, assassin, really good with melee weapons or marital arts, good at hacking,calm.

weaknesses: too quiet, not relible, backstabber and horrible when need to shoot with a gun.

Biography: A formor KGB agent that went private after the collapse of the Soviet union. always quiet and looking for a way too get to the top, in short if he had to push you off a cliff so he may succeed, he will gladly do it. always good with knifes after he murdered his abusive father at the family's butcher shop in Moscow. This cold calculated man will always be behind you, so watch your back.

Apperace: Slick back hair with with a long scar on the right side of his face and no facial hair and a pair of shades to cover his eyes. wears a black suit with a black italian tie also with black dress shoes. Carries few thousand dollars at a time to keep the authorites off his back.
kylefiredemon
Vel'akar

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm sorry, but this is not the sort of character that I'm looking for. Perhaps I didn't stress this enough, and if so I apologize, but these are supposed to be relatively normal people, though a bit quirky. Hitmen and assassins are a definite no go.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby blackshade10 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Name: Aaron Bartholomew Richardson

Height: 6'

Weight: 150 lbs

Strengths: Skilled with handguns, moderate with rifles and other sport guns, athlete, good with computers, and good eyesight.

Weaknesses: Absent minded, poor at handywork though he can help someone decent, a tad clumsy at times, and has a anxiety disorder that causes him to fidget, sometimes loudly.

Biography: A passionate gun owner, Aaron is a loud voice whenever it comes to him and his lovely guns. A conservative, he made a hobby out of involving himself in local politics, though he never got to far in. Opening a gun shop not to long after high school, he made a somewhat successful business out of it. He spends his time chit-chatting with those who enter his shop and tinkering with various firearms. Feeling bored, he's closed shop for the day to see a movie, for a little relaxation.

Appearance: Aaron stands at a tall 6' height, accompanied by a long and somewhat lanky frame. More of a runner than a fighter, he nonethless is a good shot, and the CZ 75b he keeps stashed underneath his jacket is prepared to prove it. Wearing a sleeveless black shirt underneath a sleeveless hooded black and white jacket, he fits this image with a pair of black cargo pants and black and white shoes. His hood is white. He wears a ring decorated with a small cross on his right ring finger. He has dark brown hair with blond tips, shortly cut, and slightly tan skin. He has sharp features and sharp light blue eyes, with a hazel center.

Ring: http://thewordinmusic.com/Images2008/Ke ... 20Ring.jpg

((Aaron has a concealed carry permit and has a passionate love for firearms. He has central heterochromia.))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:17 pm

(I'm really sketchy about allowing that gun, but it's within the realm of possibility considering the area. Alright, here's the deal. You are the only one who gets to start off with a gun, the ammo has to be military rounds not hollow points, I want to know exactly how many bullets you carry with you, and your gun shop has to be far enough away to not be easily reachable.)
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby Maria » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 am

Name: Ann Ujević

Height: 5'6''

Weight: 111 lbs

Strengths: Great sense of direction, intuitive, keen eye for details most overlook, good with people, has seen nearly every horror movie ever created.

Weaknesses: Has never handled a gun or any sort of real weapon, not the strongest person (obviously), sardonic sense of humor, prone to tripping over her feet when she's distracted, believes painkillers solve all problems.

Biography:

A horror movie fanatic and university student, Ann works at the local video store to pay for her tuition so she doesn't have to rely on her middle class parents. Maintaining a mellow and good-humored disposition she still has a lot going on beneath the surface. She likes to treat herself to a good horror movie at the theater every week (sometimes seeing the same movie more than once) regardless of the prices. Tonight is her night.

Appearance:
Dark boot-cut jeans that hug her thighs and flare out slightly below the knee, black leather biker boots and an undecorated, formfitting, dark purple turtleneck shirt complete Ann's outfit. She wears her brown hair in a loose messy bun held by a black claw clip, leaving some hair free at the front to frame her face. She carries about thirty dollars in the back pocket of her jeans with some loose change in her front pockets. An I-pod nano is in her other front pocket.

How's that?
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Alric » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:28 am

Svelt Rho'Vannion wrote:the ammo has to be military rounds not hollow points

Actually, since blackshade's character carries a 9mm handgun as his carry piece, he probably would have it loaded with JHPs, but it's your RP. *smallsmile*
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:04 am

Maria, nifty, and approved.

Alric, that is possible, by I really don't want that kind of destructive power in my RP. Not yet anyway.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Postby kylefiredemon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:50 am

my charecter rewrite.

name: Charles Johnson

height: 5' 11"

weight: 200 lbs.

Strengths: Has fought in world war 2 and has handled a variety of weapons, worked with the engineers and know how to rig a variety of landmines.

weaknesses: quite old, low stamina and suffers mild alzeimers.

Biography: He has fought in both world war 2 and the korean war as a combat engineer. After the korean war he settled into doing demolition work for a company. His alzeimers started to show up when he retired from the company.

apperance: short cut in a military style. Scar on his left cheek. white hair, brown eyes. Wears a causal shirt and kalkis with polised laced shoes with a crocodile leather belt. Has a wallet with aleast a hundred dollars and photos of his family. Owns a black ford mustang and has the keys to that. Carries a Bowie knife.
Last edited by kylefiredemon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylefiredemon
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:54 am

kylefiredemon wrote:my charecter rewrite.

name: Charles Johnson

height: 5' 11"

weight: 200 lbs.

Strengths: Has fought in world war 2 and has handled a variety of weapons, worked with the engineers and know how to rig a variety of landmines.

weaknesses: quite old, low stamina and suffers mild alzeimers.

Biography: He has fought in both world war 2 and the korean war as a combat engineer. After the korean war he settled into doing demolition work for a company. His alzeimers started to show up when he retired from the company.

apperance: short cut in a military style. Scar on his left cheek. white hair, brown eyes. Wears a causal shirt and kalkis with polised laced shoes with a crocodile leather belt. Has a wallet with aleast a hundred dollars and photos of his family. Owns a black ford mustang and has the keys to that. Carries a Bowie knife.

He's 75 and a WWII and Korea vet? What year does the RP take place? If it's 2009 he'd have to be at least 83 years old.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby kylefiredemon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:56 am

thats what i want to know
kylefiredemon
Vel'akar

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:57 am

Alric, thanks, I thought he seemed a wee bit young. Yes, this takes place in modern times. a.k.a. right now. Also, bowie knife, pretty sketchy, but I'll allow it since your guy is gonna be really old and decrepit. Actually, it's kinda impressive he doesn't need at least a cane. >.> Anyway, fix your age, and remember to play him as a really old guy.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Next

Return to Game Tavern