Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Varash D'Veldrin Chpt 1: Long Live The Queen ((CLOSED))

Re: Varash D'Veldrin Chpt 1: Long Live The Queen (private)

Postby Pariel » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm

"It seems but they still want to test my patience today" Mal'breena sighed addressing Chi, while she rubbed her face in a tensed expression, a faint scorch on each cheek to seal off her wounds. Whatever the burn was, it could be fixed later. Now it was a matter of stopping the unaesthethical blood loss.

Walking with decisive steps towards the Ultrin, who still with its rags of pride wanted to show she could... be better off than herself, who had beaten her sister in battle. "Listen well young one. I shall need your golems to give a leader's fitting funeral for your own Mother. Heraclis shall accompany you as I have to be sure you're in good hands. As for... the mercenary you're so desperate to defend, he's like all mercenaries. Expendable. Unreliable. For a strong clan to come to be, reliable people must be in key positions. However, I shall humour you. Let us see... if your so called bounty hunter likes being paid in the same coin he's dealt with. The highest bounty shall come for his head presented to me, thus ... sparking his rivals, as no number one is undisputed, and ... making him squirm for the slight he made to... both of us."

Now for the second part.

"BAELIN." She called, turning sharply to the... tribunal of decision that had been made. "Can you really call yourself a queen? Can you be really of... royal blood? Come to your senses, at once!Valhood is not a toy to be given! Not a candy to bribe a child! How come you must give it so lightly and hurriedly? Where is the careful stance we advised -you- to take? Where is your respect for fallen rivals?" She motioned to the now ravaged body of her sister. "I, the one who stained her hands has to really tell this to you? I shall not partake in this tug-of-spoils. You make me sick. I have an elder to check on,a funeral to carry on, and a clan to shape. I will take my leave now. Xull'dia, if you would be so kind, let's scort the remains. Anyone is welcome to pay its respecta or just see Chess'breena be buried forever."

She begun to pace towards the exit, Heraclis assuming a fair position by Xull'dia's side. It had to be said, and someone had to speak up about this matter that others would keep silent. She turned a last time, before attempting to leave, this time adressing the queen across the distance. "Know this, my queen. It is impossible to force the wheel of fate, like it's impossible to stop the flowing water of a river with your hands. You must learn to swim and go along the flow in order to suceed. If you do not learn in time, the power that has been given to you shall slip between your trembling fingers."
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Maria » Mon May 10, 2010 4:33 am

Incubo’mora carried Mama over to a carriage prepared for their departure by her clan. The large carriage was etched with liquid-like patterns and designs of gold. Procne opened the door for her mother, helping her pull the large dark elf woman in and lay her onto the large cushions. Mora stepped down, turning to look back at the M’elzar entourage as a sigh escaped her lips. Her spellsong carried the breath to Briz’olin’s ears, a whispered gift only the smaller and younger female would hear.

“I pity you…your hollow womb will never bear your Valuk a son as worthy as the heir I have given him from mine…”

The corners of her lips curled into a smile as her eyes laced from Briz’olin, to Cal’atar, and back to the small woman. Pressing her hand to her lips she blew them a kiss before slipping into her carriage after her daughters. It would be a long trip.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon May 10, 2010 4:36 pm

"I imagine your mother could stand to hear the same advice, Heraclis, seeing as that she too clearly needs to learn how to go with the flow if she wants to keep all thats been given her this day. I grant her a chance to fight for whats rightfully hers, restore her birthright, clear a path for her to carry her fallen sister and wounded friend out of here, and she turns around and spits it all back in my face? I won't hold it against her this time since its obviously an emotionally trying day for her, as it has been for me and many others gathered here, but she best learn how to swim with the flow herself if she wants to keep all thats been given her this day. Now be off, your family needs you and your wisdom more than I do" Baelin replied stone faced, surprised by how quickly Heraclis's mother's personality had taken a one eighty and sought to slander her High Queen, obviously now that she had what she wanted she felt no need to show gratitude or be tactful...Perhaps she needed some lessons in politics from the Fox Queen Assa'rai as well.

"Thankfully Cal'atar inherited his father's honor rather than his mother's venom" Briz'olin whispered back, not knowing if Incubo'mora could hear her the same as she had heard her whispered message, but glad the traitoress was leaving, her nose crinkling in disgust as she blew them all a farewell kiss.

"This has been a very unusual and trying day, but at least it did not end in war...This time" Dur'antar said with a grimace, not knowing what the future had in store for Veldrin but somehow feeling that difficult times lay ahead for all of them somehow, making him feel that much more grateful for having loved ones like Cal'atar, Briz'olin, Umrae'anna, and his youngest daughter Briz'wae to give him the strength to protect his own.

Hopefully Baelin in turn would prove to be as much the great warrior queen as her mother had been, Gods knew they needed one to keep this chaotic lot from ripping eachother assunder and maintain this most welcome peace.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Alric » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:05 am

Lou'hi sighed at Mal'breena's outburst. Not that she disagreed with it, but the events of today had left her with no further desire than to head home and relax for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you looked at it, today had turned out to be quite an interesting one for the Tu'joltrezen clan. There was much to be done, and doubtless the associates of the Tu'joltrezen clan would want to hold meetings with Lou'hi and the rest of the Scarlet Hand.

"Very well, then" shrugged Lou'hi. We shall be returning to our clan fortress...there is much to be done back home, as you no doubt realize." Lou'hi and the rest bowed respectfully before heading back out to begin their ride home. Interesting times indeed. What will our benefactors expect from us? thought Lou'hi as she mounted up.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:07 am

( Okay folks, I think this particular story has run its course since no one save Alric has posted anything recently and a few people have left the game altogether. The question is, do you wish to continue the Veldrin storyline or try something else? The way I look at it, we have three choices....

1) Time Skip to a certain number of years after the events of "Long Live The Queen" and pick up a new story from there. In this scenario a war will have broken out and resulted in the destruction of several clans, namely those belonging to players who are no longer playing, which means new clans can rise up to replace them if need be.

2) We restart the Veldrin Storyline from scratch with a more well organized story, plot, and characters, i.e. if there was anything ya didn't like about your clan or the city's history we can change it and any characters who seemed out of place or just plain bad can be remade or erased.

3) Whole new story altogether not involving Veldrin at all, could be anything we want from another DT roleplay to a sci-fi scenario where we make up our own alien races or whatever

I'm on vacation this week for my birthday so I have time to kill to plan all this out if any of you have ideas ya wanna share or still wish to play ;) )
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:09 am

((For Simplicity sake and because I will be using my clan for later projects, the Ves'Flamel left the city and sailed across the sea. Yay. ))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Maria » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:41 am

blackshade10 wrote:((For Simplicity sake and because I will be using my clan for later projects, the Ves'Flamel left the city and sailed across the sea. Yay. ))

((Yes, with the magical giant boats they got from God knows where , steered by the best of captains who obviously knew what they were doing manning a giant fleet and where they were going, able to transport such a colossal clan. You may live your entire life underground, far from such a silly thing as the open ocean, but you still know how to assemble a fleet when needed to.))
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:48 am

Maria Val'Sarghress wrote:
blackshade10 wrote:((For Simplicity sake and because I will be using my clan for later projects, the Ves'Flamel left the city and sailed across the sea. Yay. ))

((Yes, with the magical giant boats they got from God knows where , steered by the best of captains who obviously knew what they were doing manning a giant fleet and where they were going, able to transport such a colossal clan. You may live your entire life underground, far from such a silly thing as the open ocean, but you still know how to assemble a fleet when needed to.))

((Yup. We're awesome like that.))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:47 am

blackshade10 wrote:

((Yup. We're awesome like that.))

((Lamesauce.))
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:57 am

((Like I care?))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:01 am

blackshade10 wrote:((Like I care?))

((I was just pointing out a small flaw. No need to react like a child.))
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:02 am

blackshade10 wrote:((Like I care?))

((I was just pointing out a small flaw. No need to react like a child.))

((Uh huh. Whatever makes you happy.))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 am

((Alright, knock it off. This isn't the place for trading insults. No need to get upset over Maria making a comment on your assumed half-serious statement.))
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:49 pm

(( Blackshade, you quit the game already so I don't know why you're even here and care about what happens next. Please don't post here anymore, this thread is for those of us who are still interested in playing. So please stop causing trouble and leave us be. But yes, Alric is correct that we should try to keep arguments out of the thread if possible, we're here to have fun afterall.

Okay, back on track. What would everyone here like to do based on the options I listed earlier? ))
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:55 pm

((I think a time skip would be cool. Perhaps one after a civil war.))
Maria
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern