Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

DND 3.5 Saint Renault: IC.

Re: DND 3.5 Saint Renault: IC.

Postby grfu » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Heldrana has her bow ready as she exits the basement. She scans the town, arrow ready to fire. When she sees that there are no foes, she lowers her bow and returns the arrow to her quiver.

"Agreed, we need a place of safety to assess the situation. We are low on provisions, munitions, and information. We can get the provisions and munitions at a village. The information on the other hand . . . "

She is looking menacingly at the prisoner.

"All I need is five minutes with him."

"Now to find my horse . . . "
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Hetros » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:56 am

"I'll get the information from him," Hetros says with a glowering look at Heldrana, "some of us want him -alive- at the end. If he proves too dificult THEN you can have him, not until then. As for a haven, I believe the nearest town is..."

((Knowledge local check: 15+3=18))
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:58 am

Walking up to the pair, Balir raises his hand slightly.

"My magic can force information out of him easily. With my spell, he'll be unable to lie. Coaxing him for information will be a simple task." Balir said quietly, glancing at the boy for a brief moment as he did.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Hetros » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:03 am

"Again, let's see if we can get him to give it up recently. You can always be nasty later, it's hard to convince someone that you're a nice guy when you've already coerced them."
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby grfu » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:33 pm

"Hmph, a mailed fist is just as effective, and it establishes who is in control."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:17 pm

"at the cost of losing possible trust, it's FAR easier in the long run to win his trust. Also, I despise torture, it's inefficient, you can't garuntee accuracy where as it is MUCH more likely to get accuracy when you have the subjects trust, and I think I can turn him against renault..." he glances at the monk, "You said that something not human inflicted wounds on the people around here?"
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby grfu » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:37 pm

"Trust is not a gift anyone should give, fiendling."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 am

Hetros recalls the local geography. To the north spans several rugged mountain paths and ranges, typically used for merchant trading, and acting as a defensive position between this town and the small independent city state of Alz'bran, a desert region which spans several days travel. East and west remain the same, vast, open plains with a massive central road connecting most cities and villages. There are pocketed villages in all directions, scattered hovels and hamlets which may not have been touched - but it is unlikely those near the roads would remain intact.

There is a village of game hunters and scavengers which live at the base of the mountain who dabble in leather works and more simple hunting weapons.
Sword Goddess
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Hetros » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 am

"North, towards the mountains. I remember there being a village there. From there we can head into the desert, on the other side of the range, I very much doubt the armies have gotten there yet. Everything else is on the road that lead their army here."
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Ziojanni nodded, glancing at Sage, who was a native of the savannah scrub near the desert boundaries and would be more than used to the deserts temperature, perhaps even eager to return from the cold and damp of the more temperate area. The shadow of a smile ghosted across his lips: "The desert, a harsh mistress, it will be a fitting place to recover and toughen ourselves for the coming storm. The journey will not be easy or quick however, we should make our move as soon as possible. Dawdling costs us time and increases the risk of being found."

Sage merely watched the party with an unconcerned gaze, but would move quickly when they began to walk, ranging alongside her master, but almost exuding an impatience to return to the warmer climates of home. Ziojanni threw a cold glance at the unconscious boy: "Keep him bound and gagged, if he calls out, the only thing he will feel is the butt of my staff against his temple."

He turned his back on the group and stalked towards the end of the road, moving slowly to give a chance for the others to also start moving, he listened intently for the sounds of any patrols and kept his eyes peeled, bidding Sage to do the same.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby grfu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:24 pm

Heldrana smiles at Ziojanni.

"Or the edge of my axe at his neck . . . "
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:46 pm

"I'll keep an eye on him, he won't speak out until we want him to." He takes the already bound and gagged boy and carries him, he's probably just strong enough to do it. Carrying him out of the town. We'll head away from where ever the screams are generally coming from and then skirt around the town until we can head north properly.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby grfu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 am

"Whatever you say . . . "

As they exit the town, Heldrana whistles for her horse.

((13+5=18 on Handle Animal if necessary))
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:31 am

The mare intently trots along upon being summoned, she pauses for a moment between ruins as if playfully hesitating before coming to a halt and nuzzling Heldrana's breast.

Surprisingly there does not seem to be any Renault patrols in sight, and the low, loud `rumbling` sound from before has ceased as well. Curious...but at least the surrounding area seems to be at peace for the time being.
Sword Goddess
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby grfu » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:19 am

Heldrana pats the mare's neck and scratches behind the ears.

"Good to see you're still around. When we get to a safe place to stop, I'll brush you down and braid your mane."

Hel loads her saddle bags and mounts up.

"I can scout ahead, but another pair of eyes might be useful. Anyone care to join me?"

She's eyeing Calihan and Ziojanni. They both look like they can handle themselves, and Ziojanni is quite handsome . . .
grfu
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern