Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Saint Renault: 3.5 DND campaign.

Saint Renault: 3.5 DND campaign.

Postby Sword Goddess » Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 am

"Saint Renault" is a homebrewed Dungeons&Dragons campaign using the 3.5 edition rules and resources, with a typical fantasy based pre-modern day scenario.

In "Saint Renault" the world is placed into a very WW2 esque position; Renault has proclaimed himself a prophet of the Gods, and that the various races have been burdened with an unnatural plague. Only one possible solution exists, to set everyone and everything free from their mortal cages, thus pacifying the disease which has claimed them all. Purify, and create a new untainted world. At first this extremist zealot attracted only the fanatical and the broken. Over time however, with every subjugation came those who did not wish "release" and his ranks continued to swell. No longer are whispers exchanged through passing lips and weary ears, it has become all too real threat to the world at large, no one, and another nothing is safe from the tide of violence sweeping across each continent. Although many cities remain simply occupied, everyone realizes that in time they too will be unbound from their earthy prison.

But not all hope is lost. Organized resistance fighters are constantly battling a guerilla war against Renault forces; though without some measure of added assistance it is a bleak and losing battle. However recently studied Prophecy has dictated: Those Chosen by fate, with the unknowing will to survive can turn the tide. When an unholy fist curls around the world, digit by digit the hands fingers must be cut - only when broken from the grasp which holds it will the world be once more what it was.

Ziohanni - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=127777

Calihan - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=127541

Hetros - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=132532

Balir - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=124509
Last edited by Sword Goddess on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sword Goddess
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Saint Renault: 3.5 DND campaign.

Postby Ganurath » Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm

42 point bu- bubu... Sweet. I have two questions, though, the answers to which will be of importance to interested parties:

1. Is reducing the point costs after 16 from 3 to 2 a homebrew adjustment, or an oversight/typo?

2. Is the campaign Core books only, or are supplements allowed? Psionics and Unearthed Arcana off the SRD, for example, or any of the myriad Complete books.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Sword Goddess » Mon May 04, 2009 9:51 pm

No, not a typo. It's just 2 point per stat after passing the 14 margin, it's a home brew trait I've always used, and have always been given. They will be powerful characters, but it will also become a difficult campaign.

I don't allow psionics.

Primarily using:
Players hand Book 1 and 2
Dungeon Masters guide
Complete Warrior
Complete Arcane
Complete Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel
Libris Mortis
Book of vile Darkness

If there is something specific you desire from other resources, simply make an inquiry to me via PM or email.

A good resource for 3.5 is the following web address: http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php - here you will find an almost full compendium of all things 3.5
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Ganurath » Tue May 05, 2009 1:38 am

Bemm Taulja's crunch is done, now I just need to write out the fluff. I'm thinking a blacksmith's apprentice who decided to join the city watch. Up until the attack he was a worshipper of Heironeous, as indicated by his weapon of choice, but in the aftermath has redirected his private supplications to the patron of retribution and justice. Non-Core items are from Complete Scoundrel, non-Core feats are from PHB II and Complete Warrior.

Edit: Fluff is done. I feel dirty for making him so emo-ish, but it just got away from me. Didn't really help that our starting position has everyone he loves brutally murdered.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 am

Approved: Not certain what kind of path you're taking though, two-weapon fighting with a sword and shield? :3 Only issue being you'd have 28 hitpoints, not 27 ;)
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Ganurath » Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 am

Sword Goddess wrote:Approved: Not certain what kind of path you're taking though, two-weapon fighting with a sword and shield? :3 Only issue being you'd have 28 hitpoints, not 27 ;)
It provides a fair damage output early on without diminishing my AC, and Shield Specialization is a prerequisite for a feat that lets me apply my shield bonus to my touch AC. Then there's the free trip attack on a charge from that Complete Warrior feat...

As for the maths, I'm pretty sure I'm spot on:

10 for max first level
21 for average HP rolls, which alternate between half of the highest and half+1
27 for +2 Constitution x3 levels

Of course, if you want me to go with 28 anyway, I'm all for it.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue May 05, 2009 5:28 am

12 + 8 +8 = 28 XD
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Ganurath » Tue May 05, 2009 5:36 am

Sword Goddess wrote:12 + 8 +8 = 28 XD
*points at avatar*

Where you gettin' yer numbers?
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 am

12 = First level. Max roll on D10 hit dice + 2 from 14 constitution (modifier of 2)

8X2 = Two levels in fighter, half D10+1 is 6, then +4 from constitution modifier.

*licks the avatar face* ^^;
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Ganurath » Tue May 05, 2009 5:45 am

Sword Goddess wrote:12 = First level. Max roll on D10 hit dice + 2 from 14 constitution (modifier of 2)

8X2 = Two levels in fighter, half D10+1 is 6, then +4 from constitution modifier.

*licks the avatar face* ^^;
I'm liking these house rules. Sheet adjusted.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby Sword Goddess » Tue May 05, 2009 5:53 am

Good, that's what they're intended for. It prevents the problem formed when some people roll high, and others roll low. ~.^ Anything else you'd like to inquire about?
Sword Goddess
Demon

Postby Ganurath » Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 am

Actually, yes: How will we be making our rolls? Does the forum have a roller, links to Invisible Castle, or some system I'm not familiar with?
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:40 am

I'll be making a Cleric, what kind of character do you plan on building Ganu? The "tankish" type?
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Ganurath » Tue May 05, 2009 6:48 am

blackshade10 wrote:I'll be making a Cleric, what kind of character do you plan on building Ganu? The "tankish" type?
The kind with an AC of 21 at 3rd level, enough AoOs to fend off anybody trying to hit those behi- Yes, a tank. Well, technically more like a steamroller: Slow moving, tough to stop, nigh impossible to deal damage to.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:50 am

Ganurath wrote:
blackshade10 wrote:I'll be making a Cleric, what kind of character do you plan on building Ganu? The "tankish" type?
The kind with an AC of 21 at 3rd level, enough AoOs to fend off anybody trying to hit those behi- Yes, a tank. Well, technically more like a steamroller: Slow moving, tough to stop, nigh impossible to deal damage to.

Excellent.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Next

Return to Game Tavern