Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Dragon Blood (Concept / sign up)

Dragon Blood (Concept / sign up)

Postby Hetros » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 am

This would be a free form RP idea I'm fiddling with, it'd be played through MSN or Yahoo messenger

Every 9999 years, on the 9th day, of the 9th month. every dragon on the face of the world disappears. No one knows the reason, and very few outside of the dragons themselves even remember this fact. This mass disappearance is followed by a period of turmoil that results in the rise and fall of entire civilizations, massive losses of knowledge, and often, near apocalyptic events, then shortly there after, the return of the Dragon species. Those civilizations, wizards, and spirits with the memories to have seen such events, have long speculated on what occurs, and whether the Dragons, embodiments of the natural order and magic of the world, are simply causing the great wheel of life and time to turn with this cycle. No one knows bar the Dragons themselves, not even the Gods.

The players were children left to die of exposure, but adopted by one dragon each, of a different type (ice, earth, fire, etc.) each. These dragons raised them, taught them language and culture, and how to use dragon magic. Recently, they have all disappeared without a trace, leaving only a single garment behind that appears to be made from their own scales. Now they seek a single thing, to find their foster parents, their mentors, the beings who raised them, and the causes behind this disappearance. As they travel they will discover other "Dragon Bloods" who have come upon the same circumstances, thrust into the world. Now gifted with magics beyond any other mortals, they must figure out how they will shape the world, for shape it they will, as they find themselves quite possibly a member of the most powerful race of beings on the planet.

This game will have a certain oriental flair to it, but not heavily so, the dragons fit European fashion, not oriental, and the powers gained will vary from player to player.

Before I set anything in stone, I want to see if there's interest, if not, then I probably won't hold the game. But if you want to know where the inspiration comes from, please read the Fairy Tale manga. and specifically pay attention to "Dragon Slayer" magic
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dragon Blood (Concept / sign up)

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:12 am

Sounds kind of interesting.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby The Black Mage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:54 am

I agree.
The Black Mage
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Hetros » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:00 am

Still working on the system. but it'll probably be a fairly simple "you get 1 dice. +1 die for every success, for every roll of x+ you get a success.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Game Tavern