Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Roleplay City

Re: Roleplay City

Postby Maria » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:08 am

Don't they require the backing of a great clan? Without the interference of the High Queen?
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 am

well, this isn't Chel right? I just figured this would be a good way to proceed with the story (if Alric and Kitab don't want it to be this way then they can speak now and let their feelings on the matter be known, since THEY'RE the ones who are the most affected by this)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Alric » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 am

I for one think things should proceed more or less like they would in Chel - a minor clan is endorsed by one or more major clans for valhood...it does take the current ruler to acknowledge such a claim, I believe.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 am

Sigh, well we'll wait for word from Kitab and hear what he has to say about this, personally I feel like it would be the easiest way to proceed, but meh.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 am

Easiest and most fun do not mean the same thing, nor does allowing you alone to decide on it fair or fun.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 am

Easiest and most fun do not mean the same thing, nor does allowing you alone to decide on it fair or fun.

Blackshade, so not in the mood for an argument or debate tonight, so please just wait patiently, we haven't even heard word from all the players in the game yet.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby jrhindo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 pm

A major sponsoring a minor would make more sense.
jrhindo
Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Jrhindo, have you decided to keep playing?

And based upon whats been said in the game by Maria and Alric, who I wish had WAITED before making those posts, I will concede and allow the clans to decide who becomes Val (though as high queen Baelin is entitled to make the final call, its not arrogance, its her RIGHT as ruler of the kingdom). At any rate, I'll rewrite my post accordingly to have the other clans elect who gets Valhood, but I kindly ask Maria and Alric to erase their current posts (not in the mood for Baelin bashing)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Dude, have her dismiss the meeting. You're trying to rush things. I know you want things to go along a proper speed, but the Illhars and Illharesses haven't even had a chance to discuss in private. Such impromptu things is unsightly and inappropriate.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Sword Goddess » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:15 pm

But typically a more honest answer when put on the spot like that. Without having your opinion tainted and diluted by your peers. It's also showing a lack of respect for Chess by pushing the events forward more rapidly, a real `Okay she's dead, next` - which I believe is part of the point.
Sword Goddess
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:30 pm

FINE. I'll have somesort of meeting & private time etc etc, LATER, right now I'm leaving to enjoy "alice in wonderland" with my little brother, I'll alter my post again when I get back. don't do anything before then please :S
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Sorry it's taken me a while, you must have posted it up just after I logged off for the night. ^^;

I'd have preferred some time to discuss with other clans, as said above, political plays and bartering can be quite interesting.

However, in this instance, I will say that it would slow down and fragment the RP, in essence, unless something else happened to occupy clans not directly involved at any given moment, you would then be nailing progress down to my and Alrics actions and in all likelyhood we would only be able to speak with 1 clan at a time, perhaps 2 if they were allies. Leaving at least a couple of people out of play for an indeterminate quanitity of time.

So, perhaps a middle way is best. We use this opportunity to state our interest, with a brief break in the meeting for the Illharess to consider the options and speak with one or both Ilhars. Then, the meeting reconvenes with a decision. On the upside, it keeps the pace going and although the matter is rushed, it offers room for some Illharess to make gambles, exercise political leverage and wonder whether they have made the best choice.

Alternatively, you could have an old fashioned Husting, with both candidates placed on a podium to make an impromtu speech and be lashed with tough questions (and maybe the odd thrown object if answers are met with dissatisfaction). That doesn't seem the Drow way however.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

I like Kitab's plan, we'll roll with it (thankyou dude ^^ ), Illhars stating their interest followed by Illharesses meeting in private before announcing who they support ;)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby jrhindo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:Hi Jrhindo, have you decided to keep playing?

No i have passed on everything to blackshade.
But i am still following this :3
jrhindo
Demon

Postby Maria » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Post has been altered.
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern