Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

DT: Gladiators [Sign-up]

Postby Madea » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Meckruco: Approved. 800L Income to start, 150L/week upkeep. Based on the description, it sounds like your character can train Balanced to 3 and Unarmed to 2. Let me know if you'd prefer different training stats! Other than that, you're set! Same thing applies, too, so long as you stay under 6 pieces of gear, you don't have to pay gear upkeep. Welcome to the game!

Gear Owned (4 pieces)
Half-plate torso (chain with a chest plate)
Chain sleeves
Chain leggings
Longsword
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Meckruco » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:35 pm

This is good. it will help me get my feet wet so to speak with the RP style of the boards here.

Madea wrote:Meckruco: Approved. 800L Income to start, 150L/week upkeep. Based on the description, it sounds like your character can train Balanced to 3 and Unarmed to 2. Let me know if you'd prefer different training stats! Other than that, you're set! Same thing applies, too, so long as you stay under 6 pieces of gear, you don't have to pay gear upkeep. Welcome to the game!

Gear Owned (4 pieces)
Half-plate torso (chain with a chest plate)
Chain sleeves
Chain leggings
Longsword
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby suntiger745 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:39 pm

NAME: Kwan Manelesi

RACE: Drowolath

PROFESSION: Trader

BACKGROUND: Kwan is a prosperous merchant dealing mostly in spices, both import and export.
He traveled on the surface in his youth (Mharashad being conveniently close to it and he had an angry mother from one of the Tussev sub-houses to avoid after dallying with her daughter) making some valuable contacts which laid the grounds for his success. He has let over the running of the shops to his various children and grandchildren, and it is his daughter Amene that handles most of the day to day administration, since it's more advantageous to have a female fronting the business.
Kwan still keeps a hand in the business, but doesn't feel that it provides much of a challenge anymore, and has been turning his attention more to the gladiators in the arenas and wants to try his hand at training them.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Kwan is fairly average in height, being 5'8, though he looks a bit shorter because he's fairly stocky for a drowolath. Not soft though, he keeps himself in good shape.
His face is wide and angular with a prominent chin and his eyes are fairly wide set. They are bluish purple.
His hair is wavy, almost curly, and he keeps it un-dyed and loose, reaching to his shoulders.
Usually, he wear dark brown leather boots with a foldover top, tight dark blue pants, leather belt with a dirk, a tight fitting cream colored shirt and an open, knee-length robe in dark blue with a tribal pattern embroidered in white along the cuffs. It's topped by feather earrings.
He also frequently wears a more exotic outfit with dark brown leather sandals, a dark red kilt with a spiral pattern in yellow along the hem and a belt with feather ornamentations and a dirk at his waist; wide, golden armbands for his biceps and a long, dark red mantle.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Kwan is an experienced merchant and good at reading and dealing with people. He's calm and easygoing by nature and is very open to dealing with other races aside from drowolath. He also has a very good ear for languages and is passably fluent in three different goblin languages.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Madea » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Suntiger: Good stuff! 1250L to start, 250L base upkeep and your variable income. A new week starts on Sunday night, so upkeep and income will be paid then. Keep that in mind before doing anything with a gladiator; registration is really for reals closed at this point because i need to post up the matches, because I need to get this stuff posted.

So, you won't be able to participate in this fight night, but you will have a little more to work with next week!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby Hetros » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:24 pm

NAME: Eronas Scar-Brow
RACE: Human
PROFESSION: Slaver

BACKGROUND: Eronas is a from the surface, his familly has been in the slaving business for generations. He learned his profession form his dad, and learned the value of being nice to the people you enslave, a kind slave owner will have loyalty rather than fear, and loyalty is a coin that takes far longer to rust than fear does, and sometimes has other benefits (his mother was a former slave, it took a while for Eronas to get the significance of this). His Father taught him how to speak several human and orc dialects, a bit of light-elven, and enough Drow to get by with (considering that, besides humans, Drow were their best customers), and since beginning his journey into the underworld he has learned a handful of dwarvish words. He also learned how to use a whip, a net, ropes, chains, and daggers and knives from his father.He came to Mharashad in hopes of making a small fortune... instead he lost nearly all of his money and is now in debt, it does not look good. He's decided to recoup his losses by entering a slave into the Arena and winning enough money to pay off his debts and go home... and who knows, maybe if his gladiator does well enough, he can make more than enough money and come back with a profit.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Eronas is not tall, but not short either, he has hair so blond it's nearly white, and he has a farmer's tan. He's thin, one could even say spidery, but he has a wirery muscle to him (he's not winning any weight lifting competitions, but he's no weak scholar either). His eyes are a deep blue, and his lips thin.He also has a scar across his forehead where he hurt himself while practicing with a slaver's traditional weapon, a whip. His hands are also scarred with small cuts, callouses, and bruises that come from practicing with a weapon.
He walks with confidence, like he's supposed to be there, a tactic he found useful in the human world, because the thing is that when you ignore the rules, as long as they aren't the big rules, and you do it with confidence, most people will quietly rewrite them not to include you. (this really does happen, you learn about it in some hypnotism classes and from experience if you have the guts to do it)
Pictures:
Eronas
Gruk'Tharn
(but with dark-green skin)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: He can use a whip fairly well, and doesn't mistreat his slaves, he's no warrior but knows his way around incapacitating, inflicting non-permanent harm on, and capturing Humanoids, thus he can use nets, ropes, and chains/manacles and impromptu weapons in a pinch, and he certainly knows how to tie a knot so somebody can't get out of it. He also is proficient with daggers and knives, since you don't always have the room to use a whip. He doesn't know the weapons well enough to teach anyone, he knows how to fight untrained peasants, and other people with out formal training, his way of fighting would be worse than useless in the arena or against someone who had received real training.
He has only an old slave given to him when he was a child, the old orc's name is Gruk'tharn. The slave is his personal servant, friend, and was also his protector when he was young. Tharn, as Eronas calls him normally, is too old now to be Eronas's guardian, but he still serves Eronas, and has every confidence that his young-master will get through this. Besides Gruk'tharn, Eronas has only has his basic funds, his whip and daggers, and the cloths on his back, but that will all change soon... hopefully for the better.
In the mean time, he is staying at an old building that he managed to get the deeds to for cheepish, this was before things went down hill for him, it's technically an old multifloored Warehouse, he uses it as a base for the little slave traffic he has.

((I'll be listing my basic stats and such under here so I can find 'em easily, otherwise I'll forget and use somethin' I don't have any more ))
Stats
Cash=950L
Upkeep=300L/week
Income=300L/week income.

Slaves
Gruk'tharn (domestic)-Orc, Age: 47

Equipment
N/A
Last edited by Hetros on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:41 am

edited, I insinuated he could teach some-kind of fighting in the original, I realized that would be right out, so I changed it to him knowing how to fight, not how to teach anybody, or even if he was, it would be useless in the arena.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Madea » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:55 am

Hetros: Looks good, though I think you defined him a little beyond the scope of the game, but it's not a big deal because it just helps flesh him out more. I already warned you about the increased difficulty, so be prepared. >:3 I like the old orc servant, that's a hilarious touch.

950L Starting cash, 300L/week starting upkeep, 300L/week income.

I won't put a specific number to your debt at the moment, but I'm increasing basic upkeep to cover the income gained, to indicate that you are currently not earning any money from your venture (all profit going to paying off the debt and keeping you from being sold into slavery yourself).
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby Hetros » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:11 pm

got it, let's rock.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sirin'Vara » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:51 pm

NAME: Ferrix'kathan the Roamer, of the Tussev Clan
RACE: 50% Drowolath, 50% Dragon
PROFESSION: Mercenary

BACKGROUND: Ferrix was apparently abandoned by her family. It is assumed that one of the family was raped by a dragon, and the spawn produced was shunned. An unusually protective mercenary clan found her washed up on the shores of an underground river, bawling in the mud with loud inhuman roars mixed with the pathetic cries of a newborn. All that remained of her infantile wings were horrid, bleeding stubs. The Serris'okkan clan took her in, and finding that the only possible place she came from was a farm down the river, they razed the farm and murdered the inhabitants in vengeance, for the newborn was now family.
Over the years, Ferrix grew into a fine young soldier, but at only age 23 the entire clan was massacred in a huge, unwinnable battle they had been employed for. Escaping the carnage, she taught herself from that time, hiring herself out to various merc groups and as an assassin. By age 359, she had inserted herself into Mharashad with long-saved money and was recruited into the Sentinel due to her prestige. Since then she has saved and trained, but eventually she grew bored with the monotony and took her savings to enter into the gladiatoral business, although keeping connections with the Tussev in case she was needed for a special job.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Due to her muzzle, claws, and tail she is easily identified as half-dragon. Shunned by most normal drowolath, she has developed a generally sour personality, although she has a soft layer underneath for anyone she considers family, something remaining from her Serris'okkan days. She constantly wears some fine personal armor made especially for herself that she has compiled over the years. She wears long, dyed dark blue hair short to her shoulders, usually decorated with Tussev feathers, and has scars all over her body including a very visible one across her nose.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Armour = Sentinel Helmet with feather decorations, large impressive pauldrons and gauntlets, specially designed breastplate with stomach of volcanic glass (to attract those drooling men) and special back that avoids her stubs, slim greaves with short narrow loincloth for the cool factor, and no boots.
Additional skills = Knows battle skills and gear to an almost ridiculous extent, Efficient saver but when she does buy, she goes all out for a constant up-and-down in savings.
Sirin'Vara
Summoner

Postby Madea » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:06 am

Sirin'Vara: I hate to say it, mate, but definitely refused. Since this is a moderately controlled game, in this case I'm the one who determines how well your skills work.

Generally, the main issue is "it's too much", but I'm not going to pick it apart bit by bit in the thread.

If you want to be a special race, please PM me and discuss it, because the justification needs to be hammered out before I can accept, and if you'd like me to explain more in detail why this was refused, I can do that to.

Cheers!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby Hetros » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:16 pm

I've edited my profile, now it's go pictures of Eronas and Gruk'Tharn... granted it's chibi-tized... but still...
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Game Tavern