Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

City of God: Cyber Front

Postby Hetros » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:17 am

Gelorn wrote:Good thing I live in Australia. No-one wants to own Australia, doesnt have enough money in it. Not compared to other first world countries anyway.

dude, if I was the head of a biological weapons firm I would want australia bad! Think about it, man-o-war bombs... and other deadly creatures.
Doesn't Australia have the highest percentage of deadly animals of any continent?
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:42 am

Sea cratures, perhaps. But my gess for nastiest all around would probably be either in the amazon or in some part of Africa.
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Hetros » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:48 am

I thought the worlds most poisonous snakes and spiders lived in australia?
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gelorn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:54 am

Hetros is right, we have the most deadly snakes, spiders etc plus nasty crocs, lots of sharks, fatal jellyfish and all sorts of other nasties out in our wilds. And trust me, we have alot of wildland.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:57 am

It's something like two thirds of the world's deadliest wildlife live almost exclusively in australia. However trying to weaponise snake venom and jellyfish stingers is probably way too impractical for modern warfare.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Hetros » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:58 am

And I heard something about poisonous spiders that sneak into the toilets... Ultimate biological weapon, realease thousands of those into a city and see what happens.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:07 am

Actually the Australian funnel spider has... ungodly potential in toxicity research. their venom is so complex and complete, just fully learning how to make the type of triggers it has... would open up to a whole new level of Precision target Neurotoxins, don't want to make a weapon that will effect humans at all? or maybe you want a specific breeding pool of humans... Yeah.

Aussie land has some potential.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Hetros » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:09 am

Yeah, the stuff it self would be to difficult, what if you just bread snakes and such and released them into enemies shelters? No accurate, but somebodies gonna die.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gelorn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:17 am

Havent you heard of the story of the aussie commando who's left boot got several kilo's heavier whilst hiking?
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:19 am

never, but I can imagine.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Big P » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Hetros wrote:Yeah, the stuff it self would be to difficult, what if you just bread snakes and such and released them into enemies shelters? No accurate, but somebodies gonna die.

Someone's been watching "Snakes On A Plane" far too much.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:41 pm

never saw it. Just live in southern louisiana and have barely avoided getting bit by a diamond backs and copper heads atleast 5 times cause I didn't know they were there.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Big P » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:16 pm

Hetros wrote:never saw it. Just live in southern louisiana and have barely avoided getting bit by a diamond backs and copper heads atleast 5 times cause I didn't know they were there.

No comment.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Lone_Wolf » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Might have missed if this was mentioned or not, but are full artificial bodies in exestince in this world?
Lone_Wolf
Wolf King

Location: Booze for the booze god! Bottles for the bottle throne!

Postby kembaru » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:46 pm

To answer questions as I've been doing.

The only thing they can't replace is your brain, and a lot of rich old people have the body of a 20 year old due to cybernetic replacements, however these full body prosthesis are akward to learn to use, and you lose a lot of sensory capability, taste, smell and touch are the price you pay.

Full combat prosthesis will make you the equivalent of an olympic athlete physically, just without the years and years of training to back it up. They can be dropped by pretty much anything assuming you're a good enough shot to hit vulnerable joints or just have something automatic.

true combat cybernetic frames on the other hand are rare, large and very much different from humans, if you have one of these you forgo your humanity for the sake of being able to blow shit up at whim, you'd need anti-tank weapons to drop one.

Similar principal to Hikari supersoldiers, who if you want them to expand beyond human limits they need to physically gain stature to match. While they could engineer someone to bench press freight trains they'd essentially be thirty feet tall.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern