Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

[World Setting] Muridae Bellum

[World Setting] Muridae Bellum

Postby Mauro » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Progress

This is a complete new World Setting for all kinds of RP (War, adventuring, politics, socializing and perhaps even romance.) that I'm making and it's only a project that will take time. I hope to be able to establish a forum in the future, but my art of coding and forum modding is insanely bad and I don't take it to account as of yet.

I'm actually posting in here for the prototype factor, to see if the idea tags along and what are the thoughts/feelings towards it.

There will be three distinct races, each with a completely diferent way of seeing the world. We'll have the Stranierii (Singular: Stranier) and other two races which I'll unvail during the development. (Not because I like to make mysteries. Is that I have to revise the races.)

The races are all mice.
Yes, mice. Now, don't think them to be furry, lil' creatures. They, in this world setting be as grim and shady like humans were in middle ages.
Paint the cuddly stuff wit h a bit of gothic, crusades, cultural termoil, war and new discoveries.

Days before today (9 of July) - I actually had done the culture of the Mus Musculus... And the historic point of view.
Each race will have a point of view and each race will have a diferent story to tell about the same event.

Today (9 of July) - I plan on reviewing the culture of the Stranierii today. Not just review, add stuff. I'll have to create eight sub-cultures, each for the seven families and the holy one. I'll also have to ask a literate person (I'm viewing Ssin'urn.) to help me re-write the point of view of the Stranier and complete it.

Today - (19th of July) - Ten days without even writing a damn work. It's the work. I get out of it and the last thing I wanna do is think about a world setting.
Anyway, I thought new ideas that I think I must share with you.
There will be three races, two of which will have sub-factions.
The Stranierii will have eight sub-factions and the second race will have two factions. The last race will not have any sub-factions until further notice.
More races or sub-factions might appear later.

History and Lexicon

Lexicon

Giba - Woman
Gibo - Man
Rath - Holy; Divine; Blessed
-o/-osh - God; God-like
Andama - 'He/She who has scales'; Reptiles.
-ii - People; Folk
Strigi - 'He/She who has feathers'; Birds
Zanas - Demon; Demons
Ailama - 'He/She who has fur'; Mammals
-nas - Friend; Trusty; Loyal
Cubarr - 'Sold'
Cubarba - Coward; Traitor
Cubarbo - Coward; Traitor
Stranier - Outsider

History by the Stranierii

'Times are changing. Yes, indeed they are. There were times, yes, times when the chosen people of Ratho ran across the great unified land under His fraternal eye.
The dangers were many, but we were free!

The greater, walking Andamanesii were powerful, but did not care for us and their pitiable lesser kin were no worse then they are today.

Few were the Strigii were scarce, few. Those who hunted the Rathii had to deal with their spears and their bows before taking them. Pitiful, peh. There were even those who ran and not fly, forever running in great hurry to fly and never attaining it.

But we were... We were truly free. Not even when the lands separated by Sonacluv's own arms were the blessed ones afraid, always under the protection of Him.

Then the end times came. We never understood why 'they' came, but 'they' did, whatever 'they' were. Some say they were greater then any Rathii, two or even three times larger and bigger and they had claws that could rip a warrior's chest with one swipe. Their teeth and jaw were more powerful, gnawing a shield with only one bite.
Their fur - black as the mantle of Etion herself - could withstand a blow of a sword.

They were unstoppable. Berserk, frenzied, drunk with battle lust. They were the new blessed people.
We did not understand why they appeared, but now... Well, I understand why.

Times were changing and if we were to survive, we had to change. We didn't, unfortunately. And that's why Ratho created a new kin, a new blessed kin.
They were strong to survive the upcoming carnage.

Ironically, we survived as well, nut not by brute force and endurance. You see, while we are very fragile, we are quite gifted in the path of Engelia. We were smarter then they were.

Let me continue on the story, where was I? Oh, yes! The carnage... The carnage is a period of our history long forgotten. Little is known about this age, but it was an era of great turmoil. There were many wars and shadow fell upon our race. We fought between ourselves, the Strigii, the Andamanesii and the Ailama. Not to forget the pillaging Rathzanas, travelling in form of hordes.

Maybe that was why Ratho came to Etion one day and took from inside him three fist-sized rocks. At least, my friends... Fist-sized for him, each boulder was one quarter of Rath itself. Rathos, furious and blind with rage of sadness, threw the boulders.

The first came and it Rath with great strength, causing the earth to shake and many of our own to die. We were on the brick on extinction, but still, we survived.
But the many years of war had dulled our minds and again, we rode into war, blaming the next country for the wrath brought to us.

And so, we were left with our warring situation. The world had changed. The day was now night and for years and years, there was a winter, The plants died and with it, the animals. But we survived and so did all of our enemies except the Rathzanas and ourselves.

And without mercy, without second thought Ratho hurled another boulder at us, thinking us an unbearable shame. The boulder was smaller in size, but still tremendously grand.

It hit again, killing many and creating a even more think winter and eternal night.
Etion was surely happy.

But we rose. Together we rose, without bickering and fighting, and we were a new people.'
Last edited by Mauro on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Mauro » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Culture

The Stranierii

The Stranierii are the largest of the empires in the known world, if not the largest. It's borders extend from many miles around their holy city of Setats-Lapap. The Stranierii are ruled by a, as an empire, Emperor, or Redaelosh, who is himself revered and worshipped as the avatar of Ratho himself. His consort, weather female or otherwise, is the head of a ritualistic, authoritarian imperial state. It is then Redaelosh's consort the true Emperor of all Rathii. Below both are only the seven Successors, kings and queens of the seven royal families. Each family represents the sons and daughters of the first Emperor of the Stranierii and the blood purity has been maintained carefully so that no commoner or bourgeoisie blood enters the holy family.

When the Emperor dies by natural causes, an assembly that can take months and even years is taken in Setats-Lapap. From that assembly a new Emperor is chosen. During that time, the main consort of the now deceased emperor takes over the empire by law. If the Holy Emperor dies by unnatural causes, the consort may take over the command of the empire until he or she dies.
The Emperor's (Or rather, the consort's) authority is unquestioned and absolute, but the archaic and bureaucratic system of government makes it difficult for him to exert his rule unless directly in person. Otherwise, the seven Successors rule in his name, dividing the huge empire between them.
The Emperor and the seven Successors can, not surprisingly as they have the blood of the avatar of Ratho in their bloods, live for at least 500 mice years. (Around 80 human years.) Sub-families whiting the walls of any family (Maybe it be the Holy family or otherwise.) are expected to live to approximately half of those years, unless an ancient ritual is to be taken and the lesser blood be mixed with the greater blood.
Always a fanatically religious folk, religion remains the greatest and most important aspect to every Stranierii, a fervour which at various times has pushed these people to great good and great evil. It was the motor that lead many crusades against surrounding nations, who were more primitive - both socially and technologically - who became like the unholy Rathzanas, attacking in hordes and pillaging surrounding villages.
It was also the justifier for enslaving those folk as well as their victims. Enslaving is a vital part of Stranierii society as the slaves do the most difficult jobs that vary from constructing a new palace for one of the families to working in the fields or even cook a meal. Slaves is the least concern of the Stranierii people as they exist in a exuberating number, most of them too dumb to even think of rebelling against their masters. The new generations have started to look down upon this practice and maybe, one day, a more open-minded Emperor will raise, but until then nothing can be done.

Rebellions are a rare occurrence, most having happened within the halls of one of the seven holy families. As said before, few are the slaves willing to rebel. Constantly fearing their masters, they coward whit the mere shadow of such thought. That, of course, does not mean it has not happened before.
The Stranierii are (At least according to their intel.) the most technologic advanced race in the known world, specially in the field of war. This has an obvious explanation, as everything.
Many years ago, when the current Emperor was just a child, the Stranierii had run into serious opposition. They met a rebellious group with an unknown name, only referred as the 'Rebel Army.'
Their mission was uncertain, but they made a various assassination attempts and terrorist assaults to the noble people of the seven families and even those under the care of the Emperor himself. Although many were caught and executed as traitors, none has ever said the name of their leader, even after hours of excruciating pain. The Empire was in chaos.
It was during this time that the surrounding nations allied themselves and unified against the 'tyrannical' Stranierii people, joining forces with 'Rebel Army' and the Stranierii made a futile attempt to subjugate the new alliance, resulting in a series of humiliating defeats.
To worsen the situation, the slaves used the opportunity to rebel against their masters. It was here that many Slave families were broken between the choice of joining the Stranierii as a free people or rebel and join the Alliance. After some skirmishes, total war broke and armies clashed within the borders of the Empire, pitting brother against brother, father against son, son against father.
The slaves were persecuted and many were dead before even joining the opposite side of the war, but those who did joined the ranks of the 'Rebel Army'. Those who didn't made quite a ruckus before letting themselves being killed, savagely pillaging and randomly attacking the Holy City. The Allies were a bigger threat, considered as the main enemies of this war, but the real and true menace came from the rebels, who were now supported with weapons by the Alliance and with men by the surviving slaves. And even if they were much smaller than the Empire, the Stranierii soon found the tactical might of 'The Rebels' were a match for even their own, even more when equipped with new and better weapons.

It was then the need of survival that made the Stranierii the most advanced nation of the world. New types of weaponry were created.
It was with these weapons that the Stranierii won, if only walking of the fray wounded and tired.
Since these fateful events some centuries ago, the Stranierii have learned to restrain when dealing with other races, being less forceful and more diplomatic. They have slowed down their expansion, although still relying quite a lot in it to find new slaves.
Still, they view themselves as the most powerful power in the continent, if only because of their sheer numbers and technology.
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Mauro » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Current events, Location and Character Sheet
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Mauro » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Bestiary

(Well, this does it - For now. I'll try to do this before I end the second period at school. Man, I really got the kicks for finishing this. And I got so many stuff to think about!
Oh boy, it's going to be a huge adventure! xD)
Mauro
Summoner

Re: [World Setting] Muridae Bellum

Postby Tiyev » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 am

"..oo.. ..ooo... ...woo-oooo ... I am the ghost of game tavern threads long gone... I come with a warning. Do not let the last thread die, lest the entire game tavern be claimed by the dead... oooo...."
Tiyev
Tainted

Location: The not too distant future, somewhere in time and space.

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 pm

...Bad me. I find something interesting only when I'm on a verge of collapse.
Reading the rest later, but at this point, I just say:
Listen to the ghost of the Game Tavern, for your path wild be thorny and-
Waaait... Tiyev, since when YOU became the ghost of Game tavern? I thought that was Dukes's or my spot!
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tiyev » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 am

The ghost of game tavern wrote:...I must go now, but know that you will be visited again by the spirits of restless threads...
Tiyev
Tainted

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am

So, Mauro, any expectations on how this project moves?
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tiyev » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:13 pm

He's gone Eltharrion. Hasn't been on this forum in over a year. And this thread is a dead one. There's nothing here but dust and echoes...
Tiyev
Tainted

Return to Game Tavern