Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Death and Glory: Planetfall (Warhammer 40k rp)

Postby Azurelite » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Alessa learned her head back to rest it on the wall of the chimera. 'No... Yes I think I'm alright, they just glanced me, it wasn't anything serious." She said slowly, taking in a few deep breathes. "I won't die from bleeding or anything, now what did you call me here for?" She asked, cutting away and tying two strips of her uniform for her thigh and upper arm.
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:42 am

Violet shrugged. "I called you in the middle of the combat to get into the Chimaera. It's somewhat safer than being outside alone, and manning the Chimaera's heavy bolter would have you fighting far more effectively and more powerfully than using the pulse carbines, as good as they are."

Kicking back as the fighting seemed to be over, she leant back and put her feet up on the dash. "Plus if something went wrong and we needed to get the hell out of here, it'd be helpful if I had someone to man the autocannon turret for me so we can defend ourselves while I'm driving."
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Metzger » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:27 pm

"The pointy-ear only took my eye, should've cut deeper if he wanted to stop me." Johann answered the commissar after thanking Falia for treating his wound. "By the way commissar, mind if I ask, but how many of us did the Ears take?" Johann asked, he didn't know if anybody was dead at all, but better to ask instead of finding out himself and end up doing something foolish (like blaming the Inquisitor).
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby grfu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:40 pm

"Good to hear it. Akram and Repzik are dead, but we'll make those bastards pay tenfold in blood. Hussak is taking Grekor back to the chimera. He's hurt too badly to keep going, and frankly, Hussak is the only one who can carry him."

The Inquisitor and Falia were discussin something quietly. Finally, the Inquisitor nodded to Vrennekoff.

"Alright, let's move out."

The remaining trek was relatively short, but as the passed they seemed to encounter no other resistance. It seemed like the Eldar had measured them sufficiently. It was disconcerting, knowing that whatever awaited you would surely be your doom.

"Stay sharp troopers."

They came into a vast hall with a forest of stone columns. It was like stepping into a grand cathedral to the Holy Emperor. On the other end of the hall, over a hundred meters away, stood a single figure. He was tall, lank, and wore a variety of unnatural garb. He waved in greeting.

"Welcome. Welcome Inquisitor Vail, to your tomb."

He let out a great cackle as heavily armoured Eldar warriors emrged from behind the columns and began firing. Upon closer inspection, they were not firing their standard splinter rounds, but thousands of small darts which, upon breaking the skin, caused drowsiness and hallucinations.

((There's not much cover aside from a couple fallen columns and the still standing ones of course. the darts have difficulty penetrating flak armour. take hits at your own discretion.))
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Korbin » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:00 am

Ahh finally...the boss fight. Kestle would break for what little cover there was, diving behind a fallen pillar he'd burn any eldar who might be using it for cover before taking the time to lug the three grenades he'd aquired back at the drop site, attempting to get them into enemy firring postions. He'd study the effects of which quickly before advancing into the breach...
Korbin
Summoner

Postby kembaru » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:01 am

Macha didn't like this. She didn't like it at all. For one who had been fighting dirty since she was seventeen, the fact that they were in a big room with a tunnel behind them and what was probably the best of the best in front of her, she didn't like the idea that they were likely in the teeth of a trap. But at least she'd see the bitch inquisitor who led them into it die first.

Wherever she was when the first shots were fired, no one would see her untill a single shot lanced out from behind appropriate cover aimed squarely for one of these dart thrower's faceplates. In the end it would come down to a gunfight with some fancy moves being thrown in the middle by the guy who liked being shot, and Macha intended to live through it as she fired shot after shot after shot.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Tyr » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:51 am

No way. No. Way. That was all Taras could think as he ducked behind a fallen column. There's no way! Darts were flying everywhere and more then a few pinged off of his column. How had they appeared out of nowhere like that? First there was one, and then in the blink of an eye there were Xenos everywhere! Disbelief and fear warred with instinct, threatening his focus.

Someone next to him was hefting something. The crump of grenades greeted Taras' ears. He glanced over as he set his melta charges down, a strange idea popping into his head. It was the flame trooper. Tossing a grenade at a clump of cackling Dark Eldar warriors, Taras felt something cut his arm. One of the dart's had gotten through. It had almost been a dull pain. Full of adrenaline, he'd barely felt it. He would only fully feel the effects of the dart a long two minute's later.

A lasbolt punched into the gut of a Xenos warrior. One down among one hundred. "Hey trooper, you think you can give me a distraction on a moment's notice?" At Taras' feet lay the stack of meltas. And one of them was missing.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:12 am

When Hussak finally got back to the chimera and laid him on the floor of the troop compartment Grekor and fallen into a fitfull doze, only dimly aware of the surrondings. The medic would have been content to sleep through whatever horrors were to come had he not opened his eyes a crack and seen the lower half of someone sticking through the turret ring. Somehow that ass looked familiar.

"Alessa...." he breathed

Grekor's sight began to blur again but he forced his eyes to focus. Remembering what it felt like to be alive, what it felt like to rub his hands all over those curves, what it felt like to....... well nevermind. Point is he slowly pulled his mind out of the sluggish twiligght of half-conciousness and managed to prop himself up on on of the seats.

"So...?" he asked weakly "What have you two been up to in our absence?"
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Postby Azurelite » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:31 am

Alessa pops her head out from the turret when she heard Grekor's voice. "Defending the tanks." She replied but slid out of the turret as soon as she had gotten a better look at Grekor. "What happened to you? your alright, right?" She asked sounding concerned. "I got hit too... but not nearly as bad as you..." She said, pointing to where her uniform and armour was torn. She allowed herself a smile though, as she leaned in alittle closer to him. "I'm glad you returned earlier though, you won't be near the rest of them when they try and fight the xeno's leader." She whispered, then stood back up.
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:11 am

Grekor managed to smile weaky and pat Alessa reassuringly on the shoulder. "I'll be fine assuming nothing else happens to me. Last I saw the guys were tearing the xenos a new one, unfortunatly I thing we lost two I was too dazed from my own injury to hear who. They still have the sororitas with them so their wounded will be taken care of."
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Postby grfu » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Inquisitor Vail stood defiantly, the dart deflecting off her armour. Her bolter spat forth, creating an arc of death.

"Come and face me yourself, coward. I grow weary of killing your minions."

Meanwhile, Vrennekoff was making the best use of what cover he could find, unloading a few shots from his shotgun. The Techpriest was nowhere to be seen. He had simply disappeared.

"Ivanov, get back into the tunnel and set some charges on the supports. If we have to make a break for it, we'll collapse the tunnels behind us."

The warlord looked angered at the Inquisitor's comment.

"So, Inquisitor, you call be a coward. Perhaps I should test your metal. To show you who is truly superior."

He put a hand to stop the advance of his warriors.

"Enough. Come Inquisitor, show me your power."

The Inquisitor charged forward, her power claw crackling with energy. The warlord walked forward, his hand resting easily on the hilt of his sword. They hit, and the exchange was over in an instant. The Inquisitor crumpled to the ground, a gash opened up across her midsection.

"Inquisitor!" Falia cried out, as she rushed to her companion's aid. The warlord took no notice as he allowed the sororitas to drag the Inquisitor back into cover. The Inquisitor was still alive, and if Falia could treat her in time, she would would stay that way.

"Just as foolish as you ever were, child."

He pointed his sword toward the humans.

"Is there no one else who has the courage to face me? Can none of you hope to match my skill?"

Vrennekoff took a deep beath and stepped out of the cover. He dropped his shotgun and hellgun. He removed his weapon belt and great coat, unsheathing his power saber in the process. As he strode forward, he passed Macha, whispering: "Don't let them take me alive." He handed her his hat as he walked forward, sabre at the ready. His grey hair was apparent now, without his hat.

"I will fight you, xenos scum, provided that when it is over, you will allow the Inquisitor and my troopers to leave unharmed."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Tyr » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:12 pm

"Wha-what?" Taras shook his head, something was happening. He had just been given an order. Move back... set explosives... God Emperor what was happening to him? He was in the middle of a firefight, yet it all seemed odd, distorted. Taras couldn't seem to shake the cobwebs from his head... Slowly gathering up his meltas, he brought a hand to his temple as he retreated back.

Exiting the cathedral, Taras walked almost drunkenly over to a support column. He set the first of many meltas. Even in his odd state, he knew his job. And he knew he liked big explosions. About halfway through, he heard a voice. Low, guttural, with a weird gargling sound, almost phlegmy. It seems... so... familiar... Taras fell against the column, holding himself up. Was he really this tired? The voice came again.

"Humie." Slowly gathering himself, Taras turned around. "No... not you. It can't be you, you're dead," Taras breathed. There before him, stood a giant Ork. A familiar Ork as well. He recognized the choppa in his hand, the scars across his piglike nose. The chipped tooth, the brown fatigues, the blood red eyes. A figure that haunted Taras' dream, and with the monstrous figure came the night, the jungle, and an overwhelming sense of fear.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby grfu » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:16 pm

((Try to imagine something far more epic than what I'm writing. I was never very good at describing fight scenes.))

The warlord and commissar circled each other, sizing each other up.

"So, human, you think you can match me? Such arrogance."

"Keep your forked tongue between your teeth, alien."

The Eldar hissed and charged. Dogde, parry, dodge, the commissar fought like an expert fencer, but he wasn't fighting to score points here. He was fighting to kill. He was taking any advantage he could. The commissar was clearly the larger and stronger, but the Eldar was quick as a viper. Soon commissar bled from a few small cuts. The Eldar himself was unharmed, but breathing heavily.

"You're good, human, but your technique is primitive and slow. You cannot match me."

The next exchange was brutal. The commissar was clearly on the defensive. It was all he could manage to keep the Eldar's sword away from him. He could not hope to launch an attack under this onslaught. Finally, with a deft strike, the Eldar knocked the commissar's sabre from his hand. With a swift kick, the commissar was sent sprawling.

"All too easy. I think I shall kill you slowly, while you watch my incubi finish off the inquisitor and your pathetic troopers."

The commissar laughed.

"So, you're afraid to kill me now? Do you think you can kill me? I don't think you can."

The Eldar snarled.

"I fear nothing, human. Least of all you. I will kill you before the very eyes of your troopers. Their fates were sealed the moment they came into this system, just as the remainder of your pathetic task force. They will all die, as the good general will never go against our agreement and send a true force to take back the planet."

"The general is in your employ?"

"In a manner of speaking. You might say we serve the same power."

The commissar was on his knees at this moment, preparing to stand. The Eldar strode over, preparing to lop of his head. The sword swung . . . and stopped. The blade of the sword was caught in the commisar's hand. He continued to grip the blade as he rose to his feet, a power field crackled around his cybernetic arm. He clenched his fist, bending the sword, then shattering it. The commissar grinned viciously, his artificial eye glowing a fierce red.

"I bet you didn't know I could do that, did you?"

The commissar punched the Eldar with his real fist, causing the alien to cough up blood. He brought the elbow of his power arm down on the Eldar's back, knocking him flat.

"Rather than gloat, I think I'll kill you now."

The commissar hefted the Eldar to his feet and gripped his throat in his cybernetic hand. With little effort, the commissar crushed the Eldar's neck, removing the head.

The commissar let the headless body drop and retrieved his affects.

"Let's get the frak out of here."

He assisted Falia with the Inquisitor, and they started to get running back through the tunnels.

"Ivanov, blow the tunnels."

The tunnels collapsed behind them. As they ran back through the tunnels, the tech priest showed up again.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"Nothing short of fixing the communication problem."

"Well good."

They returned to the foyer where the transports waited. They seemed ready, but there was a disturbance in the Inquisitor's chimera. Falia's and Jules' voices could be heard.

"Where is Vincent?"

"Dead. Motherfucker got shot while he was using the golden throne. Bad way to go."

"Damn, Jules get us moving."

The commissar and the troopers piled into the chimera.

"Bastine, punch it!"

As the chimera roared through the exit, a transmission was coming through.

"Commissar Vrennekoff, respond, Commissar Vrennekoff."

"This is Vrennekoff, continue."

"Good to hear you, commissar, Centurion Gaius of the Legio Praetoriana, meet us at these coordinates. We'll be picking you up."

"Understood. Head for these coordinates, Bastine."

The Tau were covering their escape, quite a few had fallen, the rest piling into the devilfish to make their own escape.

At the indicated coordinates, a purple and dark brass thunderhawk gunship idled in a clearing, ready to launch.

"Let's move, abandon the chimera."

The commissar helped the wounded get on, assured the rest were onboard before climbing up himself. With a jolt, the thunderhawk launched, back into the blackness of space. The commissar breathed heavily.

"Alright, how is everyone?"
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Korbin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:28 pm

"I'm fine Sir." Kestle grumbled. then leaning in close to the commissar he added soflty: "I heard what that xeno scum said about the general...if there be truth to it...I'd be glad to help."

With that he leaned back and slept deeply for the first time since planet fall.
Korbin
Summoner

Postby Tyr » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 pm

What happened to me? Staring at the wall, Taras was in turmoil on the inside. What had happened? Where had the Ork gone? He had been standing there, about to be pulverized by the green behemoth when... something had happened. Snapping out of it, it had been like waking from a nightmare. A cold sweat, gasping for breath, he had stood there for what seemed an eternity, trying to gather his senses.

Then there had been an order to leave, and so Taras had picked up and ran. Although the Ork had faded, some effects from the dart still in his arm were there. He felt tired, almost unaware of the world around him. Yet he was able to raise his hand to show that he was alive, barely.
Tyr
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern