Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Death and Glory: Planetfall (Warhammer 40k rp)

Postby Outsider » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:24 pm

Hussak kept firing,not noticing that Grekor had ended up with him before a little while ''huh?,poisoned? ah heck'' He said annoyed and stopped firing briefly to add the anti venom to himself ''meh hate poisons'' Hussak said after adding the anti-venom and then continueing to fire.
Outsider
Demon

Postby Mauro » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:04 pm

Waves of unbearable pain scorched Akram's body. His mind was filled with only irrational thoughts of survival and fear. His vision became blurred and, as though he focused on it, he couldn't. It was at this time that he committed one of the greatest heresies - At least to such a pious man as he was. He forgot the Emperor and humanity. The Tallarnite's last thought was of the Angel.
The world then became blank, distant and faint choirs sung and unknown instruments played a slow and beautiful requiem.

For few seconds the explosions surrounding the landscape fell silent and the boy was left alone in the sand. He looked around, aimlessly, at the sky and to both sides. Corpses and scraps of metal filled the blood stained dune he layed upon. On the distance, above the outline of the dune, little whirlwinds of sand announced the upcoming sand storm. Akram calmly waited for the storm to come, not caring to cover his mouth and nose - It did not matter.

He waited patiently for the upcoming storm, waiting for whatever it could bring to him. He had plenty of time to wait. His body wouldn't be going anywhere, smashed under the weight of a beast. It did not hurt Akram and he did not dare to move enough for any pain to arise. He was, after all, just a boy that feared the littlest of pains.

The storm came. The boy did nothing to fight it, to survive. The thought of being weak and failing the Emperor came to his mind, but not in the form of fear. He only wondered as if trying to obtain an answer that never would come.

His mind wandered so deep into the turmoil of feelings that ravaged his soul that he did not even realise that the grains of sand that assaulted his soft skin did not hurt at all and did not fill his mouth and nose when he tried to breath.

So very lost within the plane of his mind, Akram shook his head to dissipate any troubling thought, because all he wanted at the moment was a peaceful and painless death. He looked up at the sky to meet the eye of the storm. As if some higher being tried to mock his situation, the sky was blue and clean of clouds. He smiled at the sight, happy for some unknown reason.

Such happiness was blown away when storm returned, as fast as it went away. This time, he could feel the pain of each single grain of sand hitting him and soon his mouth was filled with sand when he gulped for air. He quickly put his hand over his mouth but as he did, suddenly, the pain stopped. He opened his eyes to see the splendour of the grains of sand, dancing with the wind around him. It was as if a bubble of protection formed around him and only the wind could enter such bubble. Within it, Akram could see the magnificent power of the storm without his skin being assaulted by it.

His awe was only taken away when he realised the shape of the figure on the borderline of the dune. The dancing sand overshadowed it's figures, but it was very clear that one person stood there, against the bright sun and looking down at him from above.

It walked closer, and closer. It's shape growing bigger, and bigger, until it walked inside the bubble, first it's legs, then it's arm then the rest of the body. It was a woman. She scared the boy terribly. Who was she, and what did she want?

Her body was covered by one unnatural shadow and the boy only recognised her as a woman for the long hair that danced with the wind and the shape of her body in general. He tried to move, but suddenly a pain hit his smashed waist. A stinging and very powerful pain, as if every single bone in his lower body was broken. He realised that they were, in fact, all broken, smashed under the weight of the beast.

He cried for his mother, and his father, and his servants. None came. The woman stood there, looking down at him and his despair as if jeering at his maddening pain.
"Stop." She commanded, her voice trailing off and ending in a whisper. The pain was gone but the boy was mute, not because he stopped crying, but because no air was left in his lungs.

Fighting for his life for the first time ever since he awoke, smashed under the beast, the young Tallarnite struggled to find his lasgun that the sand buried. The woman looked down, curious perhaps, at the boy as he dug the ground.
"I have a message. You are too young to hear it, too young to bear it. Awake, boy, you will survive. I will meet you when you commit a grave mistake and are sent to die. Until then, you will survive."

With those words, Akram tried to lift the gun, but it was almost the size of him. Suddenly, with another burst of pain he felt his bones stretching and cracking and his muscles bursting with life. The pain was immense, enough to cover the irritating feeling of facial hair that carved their way out in brief seconds. When the pain stopped, Akram was not a boy. He was a man.

He looked surprised at his hand, now three times bigger then his own and the size of the hand of his father. He took his hand to his face, only to feel the rough, unshaven beard on his chin and face. His golden trimmed tunic hanged over his chest, stretched to its max and burst open as he spontaneously grew.

The man gazed at his lasgun that was fallen and half buried in the sand, beside the boots of the woman. The shadow was gone but before Akram could lift his head to meet her eyes, the bubble burst and Akram was able to breath.

As he gulped for the littlest of air, sand filled his mouth and descended to his lungs. The storm became furious and the wind became more vicious then it was, throwing the grains of sand against Akram's bare skin. Merciless and quick, the sand started ripping the skin, tearing it apart and filling his flesh. He did not see the woman's eyes. But he knew her now.

The world was blank again and small dots of black began to grow as the requiem died. Akram began to finally die, his memories flashing in his mind as the brain began to shut down. He died before he could say his last words to the Angel.
'I miss you.'
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Azurelite » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:09 pm

Alessa was a little shocked when she heard the gun fire erupt, as her mind was else where. Snapping out of her daydream, she fumbled with her helmet, try to get it to sit right on her head as she swept up her gear and ran in a low crouch to the left most side tunnel. With her lasgun in her hands, and launcher on her back she took up firing positions with the tau, like she was a member of their squad. After setting the launcher and extra missile down, she steadied her rifle. I need to survive this, I have to live on, I don't want to die. She repeated in her head as she began to fire at the oncoming xenos.
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Korbin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:00 am

Kestle gritted his teeth in anger, Bastards. Come a tad closer will you? Keeping to his cover he waited for the advancing Eldar to come even with his postion and well within flamer range before attempting to burn down their vanguard from his covered postion.

"By fire be purged." he whispered softly as the flames glow danced across the smooth ovals of his gas mask.
Korbin
Summoner

Postby Tyr » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:35 am

"Damn!" Letting loose a storm of lasbolts down the tunnel, Taras' mind ran through what had happened. How many of us are down already? Two? Three? He let loose the other half of his lasclip before diving into cover. Moving with calm and practiced precision he attached his bayonet to his lasgun. Taras quickly slammed another mag home and fired off another burst at the xenos.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:53 pm

Violet knew well the power of her xenos weapon, but she knew too that the Chimera had better. Climbing into it's relative safety, she plunked herself down in the autocannon turret and began blasting high-caliber rounds into the Dark Eldar attackers. Over the sound of the Autocannon's deep, shuddering roar, she yelled at Alessa. "Get in the Chimera!" she cried, sending soda-can sized rounds at the Eldar. "It's safer, and if things get too hot I'm going to need a gunner!"
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Metzger » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Johann was standing behind a large pile of junk and the wall, making it hard for the eldars to spot him, but at the same time, Johann wasn't able to see the eldars until the firefight started. Shit!!! Atleast the Eldars haven't seen me yet Johann thought while looking from his cover. There was no chance for Johann to hear the lone Eldar running during firefight, one eldar had spotted johann and jumped towards him armed with somekind of knife. The Eldar landed, and made kick towards Johann, forcing him to drop his shotgun Damn, the Xeno's faster than me He took his own knife and started to fight back.

It was hard for Johann to gain the advantage, since the eldar was faster, more agile and porably had more experience than Johann. He felt how the Eldar blade cut across his face, Johann had already stopped caring for such things, and thrusted his own knife to the throat of the Eldar, forcing the eldar to use his hand to protect himself from having his throat slit. Making it possible for Johann to take his laspistol from its holster, and fire.
After killing the Eldar Johann felt across his face Something, is different but what It was then he felt it, or more accuratly didn't felt it, his eye, his left eye was gone, only an empty eye socket. He picked up his shotgun rose up and started to fire upon every Eldar within range.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby grfu » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:44 pm

It was over as quickly as it started. The massive amount of suppression fire, combined with liberal use of genades and Kestle's flamer left the eldar a steaming mass of bodies. It was over too quick, as if this attack wasn't meant to succeed.

"I don't like this. There should be thousands of Eldar pressing down on us."

The Inquisitor inspected the corpses, making note of their armour and weaponry.

"It wasn't supposed to succeed. These are just basic warriors, not the elites that we should be facing. They're testing us, watching, trying to measure our strengths and weaknesses. These attacks will continue, and to them, they are akin to simply throwing fodder to the animals. We did these Eldar a favour by killing them."

Vrennekoff nodded.

"How are Grekor and the others?"

Falia was inspecting the fallen, her eyes glistening a bit.

"Your medic will live. I suggest that he be returned to the Chimera immediately. The big one will be fine after a good rest and some Soylens Veridiens. The Tallarn and the little one are dead. Akram bled to death, having been hit in a major artery. Repzik was lucky, taking a shot in the head. He died instantly."

"Well, at least most of us are still able to fight. Hussak, how do you feel? Do you think you can carry Grekor back to the Chimera?"
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Outsider » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:50 pm

Hussak hit his chest a few times to show he was standing tall no problem ''aint nothing sir,barely hit me. I'd be able to run with Doc trough the entire place if I had to,hah'' Hussak grinned ''but does it mean I'm fully out of the fun,sir?'' Hussak said less pleased his grin fading from his face. Hussak while waiting for the responds put the pulse carbine away and and went to pick up Grekor.
Outsider
Demon

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 pm

By now Grekor was more or less lucid although still feeling weak.
Yup definitly poison...either that or concusion.
Grekor groaned as Hussak hoisted him over his shoulder.
"Damn....Hussak....I'm the one who's..... suppossed to be dragging people's..... asses home."
The medic dug around his pack and pulled out three quarters of his medical supplies handing them to Falia.
"It's all up to you.... to keep them alive now.....the chimera has more supplies I can use...... when I get back."

Grekor was mildly dissappionted that he had been incapacitated so quickly but this was quickly eclipsed by the thought of returning to the relative saftey of the chimera....and Alessa.
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Postby Metzger » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:48 pm

After the fighting ended, Johann walked started to walk towards the others, he could feel how the blood came from the wound over his (now empty) eyesocket, and dripped down on his flakvest. Damn, How, many of us are still alive?. As he walked, he saw the Falia girl, she was checking up the wounded, so why not let her check up his eye?? "I know there are probably soldier in more critical need of help than me, but could you check up this for me?" he started to point at his empty eye socket as he stopped speaking.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Azurelite » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:33 pm

Violet's words were lost in the sounds of the battle as Alessa needed to reload. Slamming the laspack into the gun, she also grabbed a frag grenade from her belt, primed and tossed it into the advancing Eldar. As the explosion rang out, Alessa finally released that Violet had said something to her, but she didn't act right away. She continued to fire at the Eldar, missing more then she hit. After a couple of minutes she grabbed her launcher and ran back to the transport, but as she stood up she would feel splinters cut across her right arm and left, nicking both limbs. Shrugging off the wounds, she made the short distance without incident.

"I'm here now." Alessa said as she stepped into the back of the chimera, to let Violet know she finally got back to it. Alessa took a seat and applied pressure to the two minor wounds she took and waited for the sergeant to bark more orders at her.
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:51 pm

"You took long enough," Violet said gruffly over the sound of the autocannon, then spoke more concernedly. "Are you all right?" she asked, taking a moment's glance to look away from the devastation she was hopefully wreaking to see if her fellow Guardwoman had sustained any injuries. These Eldar weren't like the tau. She knew Tau, she thought, knew how they worked, what theire weapons did... Here, she had no clue, other than that they died when you shot them, like everything else.
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Tyr » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:24 am

Deciding to keep his bayonet attached, Taras ran a quick check of the team. Two dead, one out of the fight with the possibility of another. And this had all been a test? I wonder if we passed or not... He walked over to the Commissar, eyes sweeping left and right. They had been caught by complete surprise. Best to not let it happen again.

Taras caught a quick glimpse at Johann and grimaced. Seemed like another one was out. "Commissar sir..." Not knowing quite what to say he shrugged before making a sweeping motion with his right arm, suggesting they continued moving.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby grfu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:32 am

Falia quickly took stock of Johann's injury. It was bad, but he would live. She injected him with a painkiller and bandaged the wound.

"You'll be fine, just need to find a replacement for that missing eye."

Vrennekoff held up a hand to silence Taras.

"In a moment, trooper. Johann, I trust that scratch hasn't made you useless."
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern